• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MisterNatas

Corporal
5 Badges
Apr 15, 2015
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
So as with everything else related to Magicka, DLC is a major part of it that I enjoy greatly. The extra campaigns and such are always fun to me. So I've put together a list of DLC ideas for Magicka 2.

1. Extra Robes / Weapons / Staffs. As Wizard Wars runs on almost the same engine, I see no reason why the robes from it would not be implemented in Magicka 2 as DLC. I'm dying to use a Grimnir robe and related items in Magicka 2. The variety is amazing and the possibilities are limitless. I'd love to see a recreation of the Druid robes as well. I mean with all the robes in Wizard Wars, why not port them over? They're the same engine right? Can't be too hard to implement them. I mostly want the Grimnir robe, the Shaman robes, and the Vizier robes...

2. New Magicks. While the main game has a variety of Magicks, there's not really enough to consider it a wide list as compared to the original game. I'd absolutely adore a new version of the Summon Death Magick. Also a more reliable Teleport Magick other than 'Emergency Teleport'. Maybe something silly like "Summon Imps". I love the imps in Wizard Wars and was kind of disappointed to not see them in the main game. Either way, I'd like to see something innovative from this.

3. The Stars Are Left...Again! This would be amazing. An actual 'sequel' to the original, another trip to R'lyeh, another battle with Cthulhu, which I would like to see him with full mobility...and legs. It was epic in the original, has potential to be even more epic in this one. Plus this would give a chance to see what became of the original Wizard!

4. Fall of the Troll King. This is one of my favorite ideas. A sort of 'prequel' to the original Magicka that deals with the mystery surrounding the Troll King implied by the statues, his staff, and various other things in the original. I was figuring this would be a great expansion on the overall story. The Wizards quest to stop the unification of the monsters under the Troll King, and inadvertently ending another peaceful possibility. Final Boss would be the Troll King himself, whom I assume those randomly-placed statues in the original depict.

5. Return of Alucart. I have no idea how it would work. Maybe Necromancers or something. But I loved the Alucart campaign in the original, and was sort of sad to see what happened at the end. I want to see Alucart again, honestly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4. Fall of the Troll King. This is one of my favorite ideas. A sort of 'prequel' to the original Magicka that deals with the mystery surrounding the Troll King implied by the statues, his staff, and various other things in the original. I was figuring this would be a great expansion on the overall story. The Wizards quest to stop the unification of the monsters under the Troll King, and inadvertently ending another peaceful possibility. Final Boss would be the Troll King himself, whom I assume those randomly-placed statues in the original depict.

I think that your ideas are pretty feasible, and would serve as great additions to the game; however, I'd like to spend some time here to talk about those trolls.

The troll statues from the first game are actually depicting spirit trolls (unused enemies), and the troll king looks fairly different than them.

Spirit Troll:
897289C97A4E9909A5854AE59E5908D5C69E937B

Mountain King:
28D216E80651501EFE11A1E12F9401FA0217B945

I'm pretty sure that the troll king was intended to be an alternate boss in chapter eleven, but he seems to have been cut. I agree that it would be interesting to see him appear in a DLC campaign.

That's a strange thing to know. Interesting. But how did you get an image of the Troll King? Is there a way to spawn him or something? I'd like to see his interactions.

You can just edit a level and spawn him; it's pretty easy if you know what to do. He doesn't really have any attacks though, but he can perform a few animations.

EDIT: I have a guide on Steam discussing unused content in the game, although I didn't completely finish it. Still, it's pretty interesting if you're into that kind of stuff. Maybe I'll get around to completing it sometime soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=401355156

Well I really hope the first one done is just the robes from Wizard Wars and such. I want to get the Grimnir, Hel Rider Founder, Mastermind Vizier, and Oozing Shaman robes to cavort around in...