• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Guys, once again, please try and avoid such overzealous use of OOC. We have an IRC for this purpose, and I'm sure that Naxhi would be quite pleased if his thread wasn't 50% OOC... :p

EDIT: I just realized I contributed to that statistic in making this post. Oh no... :eek:))

Last edited:
((Guys, once again, please try and avoid such overzealous use of OOC. We have an IRC for this purpose, and I'm sure that Naxhi would be quite pleased if his thread wasn't 50% OOC... :p

EDIT: I just realized I contributed to that statistic in making this post. Oh no... :eek:))

((What he said))

Reactions:
Player Actions Required: Now that you are all settled in, the Daimyo shall select who they want to represent them from their respective region in the Roju. I need each region to choose from the Daimyo in said region. The only exception is for Shikoku, whose representative to the Roju will be oxfordroyale due to the fact he is the only one. Samurai cannot vote, but can express who they want in the Roju to help boast that candidate's position. Make sure you appeal to the Samurai, else they could not swear fealty and you loose out on the extra voting power they give you.

Sample Ballot:
(For Daimyo in Kansai) Roju Representative: Tanabe ((TJDS))/Kishiwada ((mrlifeless))/Matsui ((Andre))/Takahashi ((VibraniumTaco))/Abstain
(For Daimyo in Kanto) Roju Representative: Motoro ((Terraferma))/Hayashi ((Towell))/Abstain
(For Daimyo in Chubu) Roju Representative: Reizei ((Ahearane))/Uesugi ((Dadarian))/Obama ((Glueth))/Abstain
(For Daimyo in Tohuku) Roju Representative: Date ((Otto of England))/Satake ((Firehound15))/Abstain
(For Daimyo in Chogoku) Roju Representative: Asano ((Marschalk))/Mōri ((Qwerty7))/Ōshiro ((Somberg))/Abstain
(For Daimyo in Kyushu) Roju Representative: Shimazu ((Noco19))/Hosokawa ((LordTempest))/Ito ((Michaelangelo))/Yamamoto ((Davout))/Nishimura ((EmperorBasilus))/Abstain

[Region]

Voting will end Tuesday at 9:00 PM EST or Wednesday 1:00 AM GMT. I will decide the Roju member in the event of a tie. Bold your votes, and do not edit your ballot, but instead post the old ballot then follow it up with the new ballot.

Edit: Also feel free to put up legislation now, we will vote on it once the Head Elder is selected.

Roju Representative: Mōri Takachika ((Qwerty7))

Support me fellow Daimyos so that our society may be preserved and protected from barbarians.

- Mōri Takachika, Glorious Daimyo of the beautiful Chosu Domain

Roju Representative: Motoro

[Kanto]

Roju Representative: Tanabe

[Kansai]

Xa0zxVF.png

I would like to thank all of those who supported me in my ascension to the position of Roju Representative of Shikoku, which I must happily note was utterly uncontested. If one were to search for clearer evidence of the Yamauchi clan's supremacy on the island of Shikoku, a greater demonstration of such than this would not be found. I look forward to representing both my home region and my clan in the Roju, and I wish the best of luck to my fellow Daimyo in their 'elections'.

- Daimyo Yamauchi Toyosuke of Tosa, Roju Representative of Shikoku.

240px-Maru_juji.svg.png

The Shimazu Clan has always been one of great honor and prestige, standing as a noble clan whose mark is known throughout history. Both in war and peace, we have shown ourselves worthy of our reputation, that of loyalty and strength, and so we seek to prove ourselves once again, in service to Nippon.

Roju Representative: Tanabe Shinzo

[Kansai]

((I am making a post because Uterus stopped sending me updates and that makes me very upset. I'll probably replace this with some IC filler when I can be bothered.))
You can also do this by clicking the "watch thread" button at the top of the page.
03hkbuP.png

On behalf of the men of Higo, allow me to formally congratulate the noble Lord Yamauchi of Tosa on his recent appointment as Roju Representative of Shikoku. I can only hope however, that the vote in Kyushu would prove to be more of a... contest.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo.

((Also, I'm not familiar with honorifics.))

((That's fine! From what I recall of Ryoma, he didn't have much time for such things, so it might be safe to assume that his father probably didn't either.))

What is this nonsensical talk of elections and voting? I thought we were only expressing our support for certain influential daimyos to lead our regions and making suggestions to our wise Shogun, who would then consider our advice and ultimately make the selection.

I see Japan is already falling to the influence of the red cheeks. We must cure this degenerative disease that has taken hold of Nippon or we shall all be doomed.

-Matsui Hideki, Daimyo of Kobe

Hideki spends the rest of he day strolling through his pleasure garden.

What is this nonsensical talk of elections and voting? I thought we were only expressing our support for certain influential daimyos to lead our regions and making suggestions to our wise Shogun, who would then consider our advice and ultimately make the selection.

Hideki-dono, just as our noble and holy Emperor sometimes requires assistance from the Shogun in the temporal spheres of men so that he may better serve in his spiritual capacity, sometimes the Shogun too requires assistance from his loyal Lords in lowly regional affairs so that he may better serve the Emperor and the state.

-- Hosokawa-dono, Lord of Higo.

(Meanwhile Sakamoto looks after his emporium and son, deciding to let the daimyos do all of the debating and waiting to be called to battle. He made a record amount of revenue today.)