• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played it. The game is almost the same. Is there no one who will add battle skills to characters. Oda Nobonaga defeated an army of 25000 with less than 10000 this is not possible in the game. Battle skills are the key to make this game more interesting. Tekeda should be as he describes himself adding attack bonuses and defense bonuses making it possible to defeat a large army with fewer soldiers. This will make families and characters make sense. Tekeda was almost invincible. In this game only numbers matter.

Even the vanilla game is fine if it were not for this you have more soldiers, you win. This is the thing I find stupid in the game. More battle variables will make your mod wonderful. I suggest that you add retired emperor go-Shirakawa as a warlord in Gen. war. He actually started a rebellion against the Tiara with monk warriors and mobs of zealots.

Just played it. The game is almost the same. Is there no one who will add battle skills to characters. Oda Nobonaga defeated an army of 25000 with less than 10000 this is not possible in the game.
It is with high difference in martial skill and depending on your troop composition. Large samurai retinue with high shock + large martial skill + some terrain modifiers in your favour and you can defeat armies over three times your size.

Reactions:
I stumbled on the clan of Yamatto in this mod. It is the imperial clan but it is played like the other clans. Adding some decisions and options there may be great. I would suggest secret edicts to attack a clan. Like it gives you honor to attack someone by imperial order rather than lose honor. Give options like sell court titles. It should be weaker but has more influence. There also should be some penalty on attacking it. Make it more pacifist than the rest but willing to fight rebels.

The imperial clan was also very weak both militarily and financially but it had sacred position for people and lords. It interfered in politics through declaring certain clans traitors which meant that if their vessals rebel against them the vessals do not lose honor. They sometimes refused to give the title of shogun as in the case of the first Ashikaga which may make the war go on. If you are for more intrigue, adding more decisions to yamato will be great.

Can anyone tell me where the download link to the mod is? I trolled this forum looking and couldn't find it. My brother and I really want to play it. Thanks!
First post, red text on the top.

Don't worry, you're not the first one to miss it.

This mod looks really really promising. But do i understand this correctly that this is still in development since in some scenarios there are lot of empty provinces OR have i missed something?

This mod looks really really promising. But do i understand this correctly that this is still in development since in some scenarios there are lot of empty provinces OR have i missed something?
Chat has switched to working on a CK2 mod, so this one is no longer being developed. But all the gameplay changes and main scenarios are fully complete, so you can play those and just ignore the ones that are not finished.

It's still a Japan mod, just for CK2 instead. There's a thread in CK2 mod section for it.

Reactions:
I tried to download it but it didn't work? is it a torrent cause my torrent download didn't work please message me back

MIH ver.0.684(15.02.2013)

Main (planned) features of Monumenta Iaponiae Historica (MIH)

I. Scenarios of several interesting periods in the Japanese history
Green: playable Yellow: under construction Red: not touched yet
1. The Genpei War(1180)
2. The Nanbokucho Period(1333)
3. The Reign of Ashikaga Yoshimitsu(1399)

4. the Onin War(1467)
5. The Day of the Fathers(1534)
6. The Rise of Nobunaga(1551)
7. The Battle of Kawanakajima (1561)

8. The Anti-Nobunaga Alliance(1570)
9. The Incident of Honnoji (1582)
10. The Battle of Sekigahara(1600)

II. Expanded Family Trees for Historical Characters
These 10 scenarios mean of course the significant increase of characters, however MIH added their ancestors too. For example, the clan members of the Shimazu or Date appear in each scenario, and these characters are tied with the father-son relationship between 1180 (or earlier) and 1600.

III. Expanded Game Mechanics
The following features are already added in MIH.

1. Additional events
a. Interactions with the Imperial Court
b. Seasonal events
c. Educational events
d. Historical events for each scenario
e. Building events

2. More thrilling battle
a. x3 Movement of the Army
b. Siege check in each 15 days

3. Provincial management
a. altered building effects of castles and cities
b. added new guild buildings
c. All provinces are specialized as economical base or military base.

4. New traits with Japanese virtues and kanji
Since the traits of vanilla contain some Western virtues and icons such as angel, MIH replaced them with Japanese ones. Some of you might be unable to read kanji, but they are just icons, so you don't need to understand them. Please just try to feel them instead of "to read"!

5. Optional anime/manga character portraits

... and more will come in future!

IV. I need your help!
Since I am the only one active modder for this mod (except some supporters in the credit list) and there are so many thing to be added, I really need any help for this mod. If you are interested in adding characters, scripting events or painting, it would be very appreciated. Mod beginners are also welcomed. Sengoku is rather simple game, and good one to learn how to mod the Paradox games.

Credits
- avee for further family relationship modifier
- awak for the wonderful data of the Genpei War scenario
- Hister for some English corrections
- soran for creating Battle of the Sekigahara scenario
- Gshock for the historical reseach
- Shogun 144 for the texts of adding traits

Why does this mod has a Latin name?
As the tendency of major mods on this forums on the one hand, and as the homage to an historical record "Monumenta Historiae Iaponiae" written by the Jesuits and to "Monumenta Germaniae Historica".

Any help and feedback will be very appreciated!

The download link in OP works fine for me.

Hi chatnoir. Long time no see.

i fired Sengoku again after a long hiatus. Which bookmarked start is the most polished ie. has the most finished content in it?

I will also try your CKII mod to see how it plays. :)

Hi chatnoir. Long time no see.

i fired Sengoku again after a long hiatus. Which bookmarked start is the most polished ie. has the most finished content in it?

I will also try your CKII mod to see how it plays. :)

I almost forget which scenario is the best. :D
Please try to test our CK2 mod instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.