Announcing Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the Support Rebels feature improved in 1.12? I don't think I've seen anything on the Diaries, but I remember Wiz and Arumba talking about it 2 months ago.

Reactions:
Great. I actually think that there aren't many advantages to being a Catholic, except for the diplomatic cost of not being one. Of the European religions, Catholicism seems to be least appealing one. I just hesitate converting because I may lose friends and have difficulties in making new ones, though I'm not sure if that is a decisive factor. I defeated some people and forced them to convert to my religion. Anyway, I feel there should be more to Catholicism.
You can get free stability and free mercantilism. You can even get free manpower (very situational but very handy in those situations). Why is it not appealing to you?

You can get free stability and free mercantilism. You can even get free manpower (very situational but very handy in those situations). Why is it not appealing to you?

Fair enough, but I do feel that these advantages are more easy to come by and that there is little flexibility, that's why I'd choose Protestantism or Reformed any day. But you've made your point.

Fair enough, but I do feel that these advantages are more easy to come by and that there is little flexibility, that's why I'd choose Protestantism or Reformed any day. But you've made your point.
Each religion has it's pros and cons. It's normal. I don't think Catholicism is worse or better than others.

Reactions:
Even if you could... why would you want to spend your own Mana for your subjects? The whole point of subject nations is to have them spend their own Mana.

On the other hand, though, I might have some serious mana reserve that I might want to invest some in my CN's provinces, for example to build something that might boost their manpower or even boost their economy which in turn mean bigger slice in tariffs back to my country.

Each religion has it's pros and cons. It's normal. I don't think Catholicism is worse or better than others.
If you aren't a monarchy (or are a monarchy but aren't a blob) and you aren't trying to get the Mercantilism achievement, I'd say that Reformed-with-DLC probably comfortably beats Catholic from a mechanical perspective.

If you aren't a monarchy (or are a monarchy but aren't a blob) and you aren't trying to get the Mercantilism achievement, I'd say that Reformed-with-DLC probably comfortably beats Catholic from a mechanical perspective.
Depends on what you want to do really which I presume is his point. Assuming you have all the expansions Christians, Muslims, Dharmic and the four pagans with features from DLCs are all good and the differences in how good are mostly dependent on what you want to do. Your own qualifiers(not a monarchy or at least not a blob) are basically saying that.

I got an idea regarding straits, specifically the strait of Gibraltar.

What about having straits activate only when the other side isn't rival or isn't at war with you? For the strait to be usable, the other side has to be either yours, your allies' province, your vassal, or an occupied province by you or any of the aforementioned ones.

That way the strait is non existant so Castile/Aragon/Portugal can't go back and forth but Granada can easily be reinforced by Morocco.

This way it is easier for the Byzantines to survive. The Ottomans would actually have to cross in transports or cross over to Edirne or field their European army rather than just easily cross into the very heavily fortified coast of Constantinople.

This will also make Denmark be better at protecting itself and not be glitch abused (something that several players do). A lot of players who play Sweden trick the Danish AI to move to one of the islands and then lock down troops with blockades and siege everything. I know forts help solve this a bit, but this can also be done elsewhere as well (places like Naxos or Corfu in the Balkans).

Non-usable straits can be red and usable straits can be green.

Reactions:
I guess it's been discussed already, but still.
Won't province development turn HRE into a load of super-developed OPMs because OPMs get the same amount of mana like any other country?

It's only logical. Why do you think that countries in the Modern Era wanted to conquer Germany and Italy ? It was because of their wealth.
But, maybe that developpement can go down if the provinces are ravaged by war, and so what happened during the Thirty Years War in Germany, will be made again.

Today is the day! I am so excited for this expansion, I was waiting for it for so long I even deleted all my old saves to start afresh with the new system.

Sun rises early in Asia and teh glorious subcontinent.

Reactions:
Today is the day and I am still waiting... Dalai Lama must unite china :D

Rather, I'd conquer the whole world in the name of Buddha.

And teach that Pope a lesson or two by making Rome my capital. :D

It's only logical. Why do you think that countries in the Modern Era wanted to conquer Germany and Italy ? It was because of their wealth.
These provinces weren't wealthy because each prince could spend the same amount of points on his single province as king of France on his whole country, though. Also, I imagine that, for example, Irish minors too will end up being overdeveloped because of this system, which is way less logical.

Well, they can counter balance that if the title give a reduction for the development cost. But it's true that it can problematic. The thing is that the more you expand your province, the more it cost so, I don't think that AI will develop each time it can.