• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zorkman

Lt. General
16 Badges
Oct 25, 2003
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Is there an issue with viewing older AAR's, as all older ones over a year old for CK2 & Victoria, & I expected others are no longer there, despite the pages of threads still pointing to them.

Looking further it seems to be true of all threads, not just AAR, for whatever game. No ones more than a year old seem to be able to be viewed, though the pages for threads are still there (just blank). As it is now all history of Paradox ceased to be more than a year ago.

Last edited:
I guess a big part of that would have been the forum migration, which caused most links to fail unfortunatly...

No they were there the other day. This is more recent. It will be a bit ridiculous if no threads of any forum exists before a year ago.
I think this is related to a different recent issue.

In the EU3 subforum, I see this:

p4kaHar.png

But if I click "set options" (not change anything) from my thread display options at the bottom of the page:
EUTJsCh.png

I see this:
7wSIjyq.png

Could you try and let me know if that helps?

Last edited:
When you say reapply do you mean press set options, as there is no reapply button. If I press this nothing changes. Thanks for your help though, & if it is a known issue it is probably being worked on.

When you say reapply do you mean press set options, as there is no reapply button. If I press this nothing changes. Thanks for your help though, & if it is a known issue it is probably being worked on.
Bad wording on my behalf, apologies, I clicked "Set Options"

Thanks for letting us know :)

Any update on this. As you cannot view any thread with the last message over a year old, whether official or unofficial. Look at older games & you cannot even read their FAQ's (CK2 for example).

Any update on this. As you cannot view any thread with the last message over a year old, whether official or unofficial. Look at older games & you cannot even read their FAQ's (CK2 for example).
I just did the instructions I posted above in the CK2 FAQ area and I see the threads:
ZojMSGo.png

This should serve as a workaround until the root cause is fixed :)

Same here. EU3 AAR forum says there are 2176 threads but it only shows 30 regardless of what I do. I was able to access an older AAR through the authors profile page so they seem to be there. It's really annoying :(

Same here. EU3 AAR forum says there are 2176 threads but it only shows 30 regardless of what I do. I was able to access an older AAR through the authors profile page so they seem to be there. It's really annoying :(

Yes, the threads are there, but you cannot get to them unless you use links or the last post in a thread was less than a year old. All official posts for older games are unavailable because of this as well as the normal posts. I haven't yet seen an official notification about this or when this might be fixed. Pevergreen has tried to be helpful but the workaround he gives doesn't seem to work for everyone.

The thread title is also a bit misleading, as it applies to all threads, but I can't change it.

The workaround works for me, but it is awfully inconvenient to have to use it time after time. It does not remember the settings even during a single forum visit!

When you click on the Thread Display Options as pevergreen suggested, what does it show for the "Threads with last post from:" option?