• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
More English/British provinces are needed! I see a lot of talk about Eastern Europe, but let's be honest, they don't speak Lithuanian in Delhi or Texas.
England recived sufficient love with the new Parliament sistem,plus lets be honest its a small region that developed Tall. But your right that conpared to Italy it has fewer provinces by far.

Reactions:
but let's be honest, they don't speak Lithuanian in Delhi or Texas.
So? Doesn't mean its speakers aren't historically important or that they are not interesting for gameplay. I wouldn't complain if more provinces were added in the British Islands, but IMO it already got its fair bit of love, whatwith more ways to develop very tall and the new government, like Thrac said.

Reactions:
More English/British provinces are needed! I see a lot of talk about Eastern Europe, but let's be honest, they don't speak Lithuanian in Delhi or Texas.

I agree there is a need to add few more provinces in British Isles (I frequently plays England/Great Britain) but I think Eastern Europe deserve more provinces, too. All more the merrier, I say.

Reactions:
Updated with new dev diaries, screenshots and dev multiplayer posts from this week.

Probably best to keep the discussion of provinces you'd like to see added to relevant threads in the forum, rather than in this sticky. This is intended to provide links to content posted by developers, rather than discussion.

Reactions:
ooh, it appears today's diary confirms Bordeaux will no longer be an end node. (you can see in the screenshot that a merchant is steering from Bordeaux to Champagne.)

ooh, it appears today's diary confirms Bordeaux will no longer be an end node. (you can see in the screenshot that a merchant is steering from Bordeaux to Champagne.)
Look at the post above yours. This message will be missed by everyone if you post it in a reference archive.

Look at the post above yours. This message will be missed by everyone if you post it in a reference archive.
thanks for pointing it out, i did post it on the ninth page of the respective discussion thread too.

although i'm not so sure that my observation is gonna be much more noticeable over there, drowned out by a vigorous discussion of Charles V's jawline. ;)

So Wallachia gets a 50% increase in province count. That's a start.

With focus leading to better development of provinces towards the late game will there be any efforts made towards bringing about a reflection of the industrial revolution? Tradegoods like coal, events relating to the social and economic effects of industrialization, and so on. It feels really poor at the moment, the late game is often very boring to play :(

Reactions:
With focus leading to better development of provinces towards the late game will there be any efforts made towards bringing about a reflection of the industrial revolution? Tradegoods like coal, events relating to the social and economic effects of industrialization, and so on. It feels really poor at the moment, the late game is often very boring to play :(

Agreed, the earliest start of the Industrial Revolution in actual history was often held to be 1750 or 1760, well within the game's timeframe. I think the difficulty will lay in representing it. Do you provide some production boost with additional events or something like that? Or maybe increase the efficiency of existing manufactories in your home provinces, especially starting with those concerning textiles/clothes? Or is existing production efficiency boost from various ADM techs in late game era enough to represent that? There is also a problem to define conditions required for early industrialization to consider. Do you require a nation to possess provinces with clothes and/or iron and colonies with cotton and dyes?

England needs some MEGA colonial bonuses and events to reflect the reality of what happened in the world.

Higher colonial range and settler increase.
Something to do with the protestant revolution and free colonies in the American region would also make sense.

England needs some MEGA colonial bonuses and events to reflect the reality of what happened in the world.

Higher colonial range and settler increase.
Something to do with the protestant revolution and free colonies in the American region would also make sense.
I think they allredy got all the posible bonuses.... Parliament that gives incresed tax and colonial benefits plus protestantism that would give more bonuses specificaly to ther needs. And lets not forget we havent seen the new subject nations interface... i supose it would give England more benefits and control over them

I think they allredy got all the posible bonuses.... Parliament that gives incresed tax and colonial benefits plus protestantism that would give more bonuses specificaly to ther needs. And lets not forget we havent seen the new subject nations interface... i supose it would give England more benefits and control over them

Parliament also gives colonial benefits? Where'd you find this out? The dev diary screenshot only showed tax benefits.

EDIT: Nevermind. Read the dev diary again. Forgot about the Charter Colonies issue.

You know what Paradox should add? They should make it so that when you Vassalize someone or make them a march or personal union (Anything you have control over) you should be able to establish a puppet leader, either by your culture, the main culture of the country, or the sub culture of the country. In that, if he/she is same religion + same culture, they will support the country awesomely, but it'll be very rebellious and AI is more likely to help them. If it's your own culture + religion, bad unrest but a safe country. Sub Culture + your religion or theirs or the countries religion should mean that it's on both sides, good for the people AND the puppeteer.Also, if and when you create them as a puppet, or even if you don't make one, you should be able to make "States". Me and my friend Bippy, both play EU4 alot. In that we make places called like Kiev to "Kiev (Kievan-Rus) to represent a state. You should be able to do something like that, and have separate leaders, even though you're the overlord. In this, they would function differently for each government type. Monastic State: No Idea. Noble Republic; More trade, more production, more population (I'll further on the Population idea in a minute.) Const. Republic: Parties (Also further on that: also will only be available once the first Colonial Nation becomes free: also extend timeline for the game if you'd like Paradox (I know you're not reading this. :) )). I have no other really good ideas for others but Monarchies: Less population, more tax, Agriculture bonus.
====================================================================
Population- Increases economy + base tax and production. -Ability to keep up without food isn't there. If you have 15 Base tax, you need at least 2 provinces that feed them. (Some nations will have bonuses for this.)
You should have ideas of government at the time the game is set. Like have a Independent party, etc. You get the jist. Certain parties struggle or thrive in certain situations. Also can lock or unlock certain options. Certain mixes of religion and culture will mean certain parties.
Agriculture- If you have a surplus of food, your population will explode. Along with manpower, trade, economy, etc. This may get complicated, but don't worry, if Paradox adds this, I know they'd program the calculations. HOWEVER, there should be culture migration and religious migration. Like how Ethiopia has the Amnist event, every country should. Except the tile has to be owned by the country. If a province has a certain culture and religion, it'll help pressure the neighboring provinces. More food will help expand culture, as certain cultures obviously have their own food genres. However, this is a very slow process. Population density can also effect your country. Due to having a surplus of food, you may get a great density. For these reasons, there could be an option to supply a province with a certain amount of food. Due to the states- you could also flourish just by yourself without having to rely on other countries.
States/Provinces/Counties (Not provinces, Provinces!)- States and Provinces only unlock when having a certain amount of population or land tiles. (provinces, not Provinces! Notice Capitalized ones mean like a State, etc.) Anyways, Counties can also be formed. You can make a County inside of a State/Province but if you start out small, you can only make Counties until a certain size. The Counties have power over who is in power of the State/Province if you're a Republic of any kind. Monarchy is different, you install who you want: again may make unrest or happiness or both or rebellious people. States and Provinces CANNOT be used at the same time. States have certain bonuses, and Provinces have certain bonuses. Of course, if you have a small country, it may be ideal to have many States if possible, you can always delete them. You can make up to 100 States or 100 Provinces. Up to 400 Counties. Of course this may lag the game a bit, but you could always disable it or they could just make it separate from other processes. The more population and agriculture a County, State, or Province have, the more power it has in the govt. But of course, being the little Monarchist deviant you are (Sorry Democracy!) You can destroy their hopes and dreams of having ANY power! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You can also have the option of slaughtering people in any country if you're at war. It lowers stability unless you're a certain religion or a certain culture. If you butcher your own people, YOU CAN! BUT, you will have HUGE stability problems and add unrest. You can also grant generals power in certain places if they helped kill rebels or took the land they live in! (This is a bit overkill but hey, good idea! Cough Talking about Rome Cough.) If you religiously convert or culture convert Counties/States/Provinces, you may have unrest due to previous govt. that used to reign there. This is dependent on previous govt. type. Such as left or right wing if you will. You'll also have a federal State/County/Province by default depending on size, and it will have the most power, no matter the population or anything like that although it may not be profitable. However! Good news for you Capitalists! All money is going to the capital, and goes directly to your treasury. You can also invest in States/Counties/Provinces to help expand, decline their power, or hire another country to butcher your people. This can be done without losing anything. The reason I emphasised this section so much, is because it would add so much the the game, different places, different faces! :)Thanks for reading this if you did. :) Enjoy the rest of your day.

^^ I am also waiting for Victoria 3... Simply put, what EU4 really needs is a POP system instead of these highly subjective statistics we have now, such as manpower or tax base. Boom, extrapolation problems hastily solved.

Reactions:
would be nice to see in EU a pop sistem insted of the subjective BT/MP and a correct province size sistem... something like evry 10.000 square kilometers = 1 province and provinces grup up in to states...

Reactions:
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but after reading the developer diaries again I love how Johan has included repeated hints at the title "common sense" in some of them.