Hearts of Iron IV - Developer Diary 16 - World Tension

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mmm not sure about a global world tention, maybe a more localized version like in EUIV by proximity/continent would be more appropriate. I don't wanna be able to only start my Peruvian south american conquest magically after Italy declare war on France, just because errr.... global turmoil?

Other than that nice to see a 4th political "faction", we're closer tot he 5 faction system lots of people suggested in the politic DD and now Tibet finally has a fitting government type.

2 Months and 18 days for Ethiopia to get annexed... and only 20 days for Republican Spain!

yeah republican AI is obsessed with the clear and present danger posted by portugal right now, so nationalists will cut them off and win really really fast atm ;D its obviously not balanced

Reactions:
Looks much better than HoI3 threat and neutrality system.

Looking forward to more info.

Reactions:
Considering how disliked the threat vs neutrality system was in HOI3 I would have imagined it would be pretty nice to know how it has changed.
I wonder how this system will work for local conflicts. Wars in China should have a minimal effect for say, Swedish, policy. How does one global tension value simulate such problems?

Question: will WT decay as a fixed number per month, or as a % of entire WT , or % of individual actions?

thx

Reactions:
Can you please, post whole german National Focus tree? thx

Reactions:
The fascist aggression limbo sounds interesting. As Germany you might think you have everything figured out, but then Italy or Japan does something stupid and sets the world of fire before you were ready. (Or visa versa) I see that Italy's annexation is worth the same at Nat. Spain's DOW and annexation. Is that a special case because Italy starts already at war? Are all DOW's worth the same and all annexations worth the same? Or is it a case by case thing? Also, there are now two Podcat cat buttons in the top bar. What do they do?

Reactions:
Soooooo ummmmm...

How does the system work for China? Is it possible to gain control over the other substates like in HoI 3? Or does one need to game the system in order to do so?

Can one mod events into the game to raise/lower or is WT only changed by decisions/actions?
you can change it via events too (we do that)

Reactions: