Paradox Tuesday Multiplayer Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I mean there has to be SOME rules like no fake wars with the HRE to build imperial authority.

and then of course there are other things like: Are you allowed to use coalitions which only give 10% AE? Can you declare war on a country simply to declare war on them because your allies are in a different war with them?

No we don't really have anything like that. We play these games not just because its fun but because its work and if DDRJake would find a way to make a Shinto Republic in Europa, that's just good.
What is the fastest an exploit has been closed after somebody used it?

What is the fastest an exploit has been closed after somebody used it?
IIRC one of the test games before Nation Designer was released had someone using it start as low tech group in Europe which gave enough points to make it ridiculously overpowered.

Damn, it looks like the border between Sweden and Novgorod hasn't changed/fixed...I hope it did though.
They also haven't fixed Jemtland not containing Idre thereby giving Norway ugly borders; on the other hand I don't expect them to ever fix that given Johan's previous statements about it being sacrilege for Idre not to be part of Sweden.

They also haven't fixed Jemtland not containing Idre thereby giving Norway ugly borders; on the other hand I don't expect them to ever fix that given Johan's previous statements about it being sacrilege for Idre not to be part of Sweden.
On the other other hand they 'fixed' the source of endless amusement called Memel despite jokes about it being standard from devs.

I see that you have swapped Burgundy's and France's roles as the one with a swarm of Vassals and the one that stands as a unified juggernaut right from the start.
Care to tell us the reason for this? Since at least from the historical perspective it seems completely inaccurate. (On the other hand when has that ever been an argument on these forums.)

Last edited:
I think the diplomatic skill is probably the most important of those 3 for multiplayer. Look at Daniel who got destroyed because he didn't bother to talk to his neighbours :) And he knows the game mechanics well.. and he can use his Dota skills for microing armies in war ;)
But that doesn't help that much when you are outnumbered..
EU4 requires some serious APM though in certain moments on speed 3, when you are occupied in war on several fronts and events popping up/manage colonies etc etc.
It's even more hectic than Starcraft 2.. ;)

Reactions:
I think the diplomatic skill is probably the most important of those 3 for multiplayer. Look at Daniel who got destroyed because he didn't bother to talk to his neighbours :) And he knows the game mechanics well.. and he can use his Dota skills for microing armies in war ;)
He is Grekulf?

If we were all playing non-european minors there would be very little player conflict.

You put 15+ people in the game as non-European minors, and within 100 years borders will still be very, very tight unless you spread them max distance.

I'm operating on the assumption that at least most of you know what you're doing, but I believe that to be a fair assumption (more like an understatement). It's not that hard to unite India with Naguar by 1600, if you have 10 people in a game that can do this it really doesn't matter who you play.

Last edited:
You put 15+ people in the game as non-European minors, and within 100 years borders will still be very, very tight unless you spread them max distance.

I'm operating on the assumption that at least most of you know what you're doing, but I believe that to be a fair assumption (more like an understatement). It's not that hard to unite India with Naguar by 1600, if you have 10 people in a game that can do this it really doesn't matter who you play.

By 1600 sure, assuming by 'non-European' you mean 'Asian'. We want early game conflict though, not just late game blobs smashing together.

Reactions:
Yonaz is kind of the quiet Tiger, he crawls silently through the grass until he is close enough to pounce on you and sink his teeth into your neck.
Every game he sits in his corner of the world and grows... and grows.... and grows until he is a horde that can't be stopped. Somehow he always gets away with it.

So basically you haven´t learned from past mistakes by the sound of it. Playing Risk multiple times and this kind of player was noted for the next game, so he couldn´t do it again ;-)

He is Grekulf?

Yup. I am. I didn't want to do pre-game diplomacy, but rather wanted to see what would happen. Besides, it gets a bit boring if there's no challenge, doesn't it? I quite enjoy being massively outnumbered, it feels more rewarding when I execute my maneuvers as best I can.

I'm also kind of bad at diplomacy because I'm too much of a dominant player. It also doesn't always help to be viewed as a threat.
In terms of "military skill" I'd probably count myself as the best by quite a large margin. Sounds boastful, I know, but well...
Mechanics is harder to say, I would still rate myself very high, although I expect Jake to have better knowledge about the more rare situations than I do at this point :)

Overall was kinda fun, I managed to hold off quite well, but sadly I just cant do anything with the starting disparity in fleet size :)

Since they won't let me play Ming I'll most likely try one of the Jurchen tribes.

Reactions:
By 1600 sure, assuming by 'non-European' you mean 'Asian'. We want early game conflict though, not just late game blobs smashing together.

True enough. Though tight alignment ensures that regardless of location. Mass India/SEA would work too for example, and could show of Buddhism and more development disparity. It's really a matter of one's preference though. Armies clash and kill each other anywhere.

Edit: 5-10 players in West Africa, all on the minors, would be pretty hilarious too :D.

Reactions:
Yonaz is kind of the quiet Tiger, he crawls silently through the grass until he is close enough to pounce on you and sink his teeth into your neck.
Every game he sits in his corner of the world and grows... and grows.... and grows until he is a horde that can't be stopped. Somehow he always gets away with it.

And you let him play france? Are you mad?

You all better team up and go antifrance now!

Znak_%C4%8Desk%C3%A9ho_kr%C3%A1lovstv%C3%AD.png

České království
Königreich Böhmen

The heinous acts by the Princes Coalition will not be forgotten! They will pay for the crimes they did towards this most Serene Kingdom. Our dear subjects of the Prince-Bishopric of Wurzburg and the Duchies of Silesia taken out of our fold for no reason other than what I can see as malicious intent. Wurzburg joined the Kingdom on their own with no use of the Bohemian Army and the Silesians we inherited from our time as King of Poland. They are part of our blood and as King of the Bohemian Crown Lands I shall not rest until our own people are returned back!

Hledaj pravdy, slyš pravdu, uč sě pravdě, miluj pravdu, prav pravdu, drž pravdu, braň pravdy až do smrti.

- Jaromír I Czernín, Král český, Kurfiřt Svaté říše římské, Markrabě moravský, Markrabě Horní a Dolní Lužice, Protektor Slezských knížectví, Protektor Kníže-biskupství würzburského.

Last edited:
Reactions: