Hearts of Iron IV release date ***Still Pending / Unknown***

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGradus

Paradox Interactive
Paradox Staff
57 Badges
Aug 27, 2012
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Prison Architect
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Greetings dear fans,

As many of you have theorized, recently confirmed by Johan, Hearts of Iron IV is not going to be released in Q2 this year.

Hearts of Iron IV is looking very solid and we are confident that it will become the next Paradox Development Studio flagship title. It's a very ambitious project and we want to give it the time it needs to become the game we, and probably many of you, envisioned. We're sorry if we've disappointed you with not being able to keep the Q2 release date (we're of course a bit disappointed too!), yet we strongly believe this course of action will lead to the best possible end result.

Right now the developers are working on a large milestone and after this has been approved the team will be ready to announce a new launch window.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to bringing you more exciting news, developer diaries and information about Hearts of Iron IV in a not-too-distant future.

Regards,
Jakob Munthe - Brand Manager

Reactions:
Well thanks for the information i guess, but don't you think that was a bit overdue? (Abouth 8 weeks overdue, i think)
Looking forward to the dev diary.

Yours sincerly

Edit. You might wanna update the announcement thread too.

Reactions:
Take your time. But please feed us with your dev diaries! I cannot live without them

Reactions:
Thanks for the post, Gradus.

Don't be upset, autumn, winter and spring are much better months for gaming. You feel less bad playing when the weather outside is shit. ;)
In the autumn and winter the Swedes are out in the woods hunting polar bears.

Reactions:
I'm fine!!! I'm reallylooking forward!!!!

Reactions:
In the autumn and winter the Swedes are out in the woods hunting polar bears.

I thought coming moose hunting season, they gather in groups fire a few shoots in the vague direction of any forest in the vicinity and get drunk. I reckoned they might take some time off that for playing games.

Reactions:
I dont mind. Release it whenever it is ready to be released. I`m happy with the extra time you guys spend on it. Good to hear everything is going well.

I`ll just continue playing Eu4 and xcom long war.

Thanx for the update.

Reactions:
I thought coming moose hunting season, they gather in groups fire a few shoots in the vague direction of any forest in the vicinity and get drunk. I reckoned they might take some time off that for playing games.
Since the forests are crowed with mooses everytime we shoot we hit something. You have to feed you family in some way. :cool:

Reactions:
Plural of "Moose" is... "Moose"...

Reactions:
Greetings dear fans,

As many of you have theorized, recently confirmed by Johan, Hearts of Iron IV is not going to be released in Q2 this year.

Hearts of Iron IV is looking very solid and we are confident that it will become the next Paradox Development Studio flagship title. It's a very ambitious project and we want to give it the time it needs to become the game we, and probably many of you, envisioned. We're sorry if we've disappointed you with not being able to keep the Q2 release date (we're of course a bit disappointed too!), yet we strongly believe this course of action will lead to the best possible end result.

Right now the developers are working on a large milestone and after this has been approved the team will be ready to announce a new launch window.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to bringing you more exciting news, developer diaries and information about Hearts of Iron IV in a not-too-distant future.

Regards,
Jakob Munthe - Brand Manager

Thank you for the apology. It means a lot to some people here - me included - and shows, that you care about the fans.

Can't wait for the next dd!

Reactions:
Thanks for the info.

More frequent updates about game status would be nice...... same for DDs.

Reactions:
I'm assuming the approved milestone is the approved alpha. So if they are close to that then at least it is looking good for a release date of Q1 or Q2 2016, certainly no sooner though.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.