• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Mahdi ibn Tarek (unaffiliated)
*Sipping a cup of mulled Muscat and looking over trade charts of the Mediterranean when he receives the letter*
Interesting. A larger fleet could serve to protect Rosetta from both the Timurids and the 'Agnabi, and the increased reform of the military will help create a balanced and diversified administration.

Senator Iskandar Ouranos (unaffiliated):
For the Imperium to spend so much on the navy... it disgusts me to think of doing such a thing as a army man myself. But if it would mean a more united unaffiliated front, should I swallow my pride? Pylaeus's idea of having a military focus does hold some merit however. I will go meet the Senator in person to try to convince him of a better alternative.*
My fellow unaffiliated senator,
It seems that the unaffiliated were a great power and a Senatorial force to be reckoned with in this Senate. Perhaps we should nominate a Speaker of the unaffiliated and and create a Senatorial organization to further direct the unaffiliated?
Salaam,
Mahdi Ibn Tarek Rashid, a fellow unaffiliated senato
r

{{Not to rain on the unaffiliated Senators' day but I'm pretty sure you can't elect a leader. Part of the perk of being in a Faction, no?}}

Senator Alexios Serapis of the White Demes

*Alexios leans back and observes the senate at work. For a time he closes his eyes in the manner of the senatorial president to listen better. The situation was intriguing, but quite unexpected. As the lone White senator he had expected to be a marginal character at best and completely ignored at worst, but now he found himself in the unanticipated situation of having actual influence over the course the Empire would take. He had never expected so many senators of both opposing factions and the unaffiliated to be so reasonable. He had always taken his uncles words with a big grain of salt, but had never quite dared to believe the old man had been so very wrong.*

Senator Christoforo Colombo: (Unaffiliated)(for now, look at end)

*Christoforo, the only begotten son of the Great, or Heretic, Domenico Colombo, rises.

Much has changed over the 50-odd years since Domenico came to the Senate. Christoforo was younger then, foolish, naive, and.. heretical. But no one need know of that here. He had always thought it funny that his father, a conservative to the bone by his death, was accused, but he himself had gotten away with much more than an offhand comment on a fellow Senator.

But those days were over. Christoforo's Socotran wife had died in childbirth, and Christoforo swore that he would never find love again. To escape depression, Domenico sought to bury his feelings overseas. He spent years on the expeditions to India and Somalia, yet never found what he was looking for. Sure, there were jewels and spices in Sri Lanka, but the people knew nothing of the true word of God, and knew of no practitioners currently active. Christoforo began to lose hope, as anger slowly built inside of him.

20 Years ago, he snapped. He returned to his quarters in Socotra and Alexandria and burned everything in his libraries. The ancient classics, written by heathens. The heretical tomes of Nestor, the false prophet. The maps and reports of a christianized east, and all artifacts relevant to these things. The only things spared were religious writings by true Christians. For the past twenty years, Christoforo has been an ascetic, focused on the veneration of St. Markos, and the preservation of religious purity in Imperial Policy. Ancient, but still limber from years at sea, Christoforo rises.*

All of you are fools. There is naught but heresy and heathens beyond the known world, and more expeditions will do nothing but confirm that. And add yet more debt to the Imperial Treasury. The Imperium faces threats within and without, we do not need other potential threats to know of our existence. Would the Xenoi have known to come East if the blasted Odin-Worshipers had not poked the sleeping giant 500 years ago?
{No to more expeditions}

Our finances are strained by the interest we are bound to repay to the Pisan, Jewish bankers. They are loathsome creatures, and if we do not regain control over our economy, we are doomed. I am aware that times have changed, and we can no longer just kick them out of the Imperium, but that only means that we have no choice but to reform our economy. Without proper funding, all will suffer, and most severely the Holy Church.
{Supports Economic Ideas}

On the subject of the military, I am ASTOUNDED AND OUTRAGED that ANY senator would support COPYING FROM THE XENOI. The Xenoi are agents of the devil, therefore all things they create are the devil's work. Do we copy Satan? Do we take holidays from the German Pagans are make them our own? NO. The Imperium must be kept clean of heathen creations at all costs, regardless of how effective they are at killing God's true faithful.
{Against switching focus from admin to military}

The Ceylonese are heathens, and will not bend the knee to a Christian power in peace. If we do force them to be our vassals, they must accept Christ into their hearts as well.
{Conditionally supports vassalizing Ceylon}

A new provincial taxation system is in great need. Many of our churches have fallen into disrepair, if we were to raise the taxes on the wealthy, we could certainly help preserve these important places.

May God help you all...

*Christoforo Colombo has joined the WHITE Demes.*
*Sits back down*

{WILDCARD, BITCHES!}

*And he had never expected to see his uncle reborn in the line of a blue family, much less one whose father had been condemned for heresy. He himself had never been much for the fire and brimstone kind of religiosity. God was good, the Imperium was holy, all sinners must burn. Yes, obviously. But the here and now was so much more interesting. Nevertheless, this was more than welcome.*

"Senator Colombo, I am honoured to welcome you into the White Demes. Your deep faith, I am sure, touches us all. I can only hope more of us will see the light."

--

{{I wish I had been here for more of the debate. There are a lot of posts I would have liked to comment and answer to, but I will address the overtures for compromise later.}}
--

{{Recess}}

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos (The Blues)

*As the recess begins, Titos excuses himself for a while. Nature course, as he said. He is gone for a few minutes and returns after a while in a very good moot, before he is taking a look at the papers of the Kermanos expedition.*

*A few minutes later, a eunuch is delivering a letter to senators COLOMBO and SERAPIS of the white demes.*

Hornoured Senator Colombo, hornoured Senator Serapis,

both of you have shown have sympathy towards my proposal of economic reform – and why not, since the field of administration is falling in your demes field of competence – and so have many of the reds and even some blues would likely support this policy, not to speak of the unaffiliated.

Now due to internal politics of the blue demes I'm not able to openly propose and amendment to the senatus consultum at this point, but if you would do so, I would throw my support behind it to help bring this amendment to the vote and would then throw my vote behind it in the end.

Think about this, your demes stands to gain from this.
Maybe even an additional member.

Senator Melissenos

*Alexios sends a eunuch with a note of reply.*
Wise Senator Melissenos

"I will gladly propose such an amendment, not merely for personal gain but because that is what the Imperium truly needs. Which also is apparent by the wide appeal such a motion seems to carry in the Senate. That said, the White demes is at this time a small one, and our honours must be shared. If we are to lead the senate until the next session we will need to seek a wide support and will have to reward our allies outside our faction. House Melissenos has positioned itself well to receive such rewards, especially if you can speak for our common cause amongst the Blues".

Senator Alexios Serapis"

{This isn't nearly as 'damaging' as you might think: from a theological standpoint, the Coptics and Nestorians are polar opposites, so OG Christoforo would be pushing for their immediate g̶e̶n̶o̶c̶i̶d̶e̶ removal}

Senator Christoforo Colombo:

"Hmph. It is worse than I thought. I suspected we would find nothing. Instead we found worse than that; heretics who are in direct violation of the Council of Chalcedon. I find it outrageous that we present them with gifts and guarantees yet they are allowed to remain in sin. I propose that we return to Ceylon, but this time not with Gold, but with demands. We must force the Island to convert from heresy lest it spread like a tumorous growth across the Imperium. Our Mongoloid vassals had to submit to Christ, so should these heretics..

It sets a bad precedent that the Imperium negotiates with t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ the unfaithful. After all, only the faithful can give us faithful agreements and promises.

Of course, should the Island refuse to be converted, they will have to be... forced to. Or they will go to hell sooner than they would otherwise. Such is the way of God."

"Senator Colombo, this is an unexpected pleasure." *Alexios approaches the elder senator alone, in a fine outward mood but with a hint of trepidation kept well hidden. The born-again zealot represented everything he had disliked about his late uncle, the previous senator for house Serapis.*

"Heretics can be useful, and fools can be useful. If we bring them into our fold we can purge them at our leisure, and doing so will only increase our influence. Ceylon will belong to the Imperium, but for now it can be used as leverage. Our Economic reforms enjoy a great deal of support, and they are by far the most crucial matter at stake, but we will have to compromise to reach the greater consensus in the Senate. If we sacrifice our resistance to the Blues eastern expeditions and Indian adventures we could secure some of them in support of Economy and by promising a focus towards the military many Reds could be swayed. We would also make an impression on the unaffiliated by showing that the White can be pragmatic in the service to the Empire." *He takes a sip of wine, after swirling the liquid absentmindedly.*

"We could also make a more far-reaching agreement, since it is unlikely we will be able to make the next great Imperial reform within our own area of expertise. The question then is, do we negotiate with the Red or the Blue? The Red might seen like our natural allies, but the Blues have made some excellent points and time does work in their favour. What is your view on this?"

Last edited:
{{Not to rain on the unaffiliated Senators' day but I'm pretty sure you can't elect a leader. Part of the perk of being in a Faction, no?}}
{{ Dictionary: "affiliated - being in close formal or informal association".
As an antonym, "unaffiliated" is used to describe someone who is NOT in formal or informal association, in this case - a Senator who is not a member of association of Senators who seek to achieve goals common to its members through the exercise of political power by voting during Senate Session. :p So no, there is not such thing as a leader of unaffiliated, just like there is no state of stateless people. You want to have a leader, you need to have organisation; you want to have organisation, you have to join a Faction.

Although I have to admit that a Speaker is an interesting idea, for technical issues (only 3 "parties" supported by the mod I'm using) there can't be a "Fourth Demes" at the moment, not to mention that it would require me to go again through dozens of events and tweak the influence gain of each Demes accordingly. If you want more variety in the Senate I'm afraid you'll have to wait for Victoria 2.}}

Reactions:
As an antonym, "unaffiliated" is used to describe someone who is NOT in formal or informal association, in this case - a Senator who is not a member of association of Senators who seek to achieve goals common to its members through the exercise of political power by voting during Senate Session. :p So no, there is not such thing as a leader of unaffiliated, just like there is no state of stateless people. You want to have a leader, you need to have organisation; you want to have organisation, you have to join a Faction.

{{And you are all welcome in the White Demes. The blues may have cookies, but we have SALVATION! ;)}}

Senator Pau de Mallorca, Red Demes

( Spoken to the reds )

"Senator Scipion, I must disagree with your claim that our horsemen are the 'pillar' of the Imperium's armies. True, a good detachment of horse can serve as effective scouts and a well-bred stallion may kick harder than any man, but I assure you that it is the infantry upon which our martial abilities rest. Unless these horses you propose can hold a fortification, I think the Imperium would be better served by ensuring that our armies do not disintegrate from attrition and desertion. Our successful campaigns against the Xenoi in Libya have regained Zeugitana, but the harsh Libyan heat takes too great a toll on our numbers. Reducing that strain would greatly increase our ability to conduct operations beyond the imperial limes.

"That being said, where I am willing to agree is on the necessity of appealing to the unaffiliated senators. If we can convince them to caucus with us, the majority will be ours. These naval reforms are popular, and a good way to go about earning their support. But trading votes for promises of future support is not a favorable exchange. It is a long time between sessions of the Senate, and men have a way of worming their way out of promises in the meantime--especially through the sweet embrace of death. I place my faith in God, not in the Blues.

"By agreeing to support the Blues in reforming the merchant marine we are only establishing further dominance of the merchants in the senate by filling their coffers with basillikoi. If the unaffiliated Senators want naval reforms, then why don't we promise to reform the navy of the Imperium. In exchange, we ask that unaffiliated senators caucus with us in pushing for increased authority of the Megas Domestikos over the Imperial Fleet. It is a fair exchange; they can have their naval reforms and we don't willingly grant the Blues the senate on a silver platter. Perhaps we could even push for the proposed reforms to our system of taxation to help pay for this improved fleet."

Senator Junius Pylaeus (unaffiliated)

*Shortly after the messages were delivered, a servant arrived with the news of Senator Iskandar's wish for a talk. Junius collects his thoughts and just at this moment his conversationalist comes into view. The two shall speak in private.*

Senator Iskandar,
since you answered my call I take it that you sway another course than I do concerning the current state of the debate. What are your thoughts? I shall gladly listen to the wisdom of another non-clouded mind in these beautiful surroundings.

Last edited:
Senator Alexios Serapis of the White Demes.

While chatting with Senator Colombo Alexios dictates a letter to the members of the Blue Demes and has it delivered by a loyal eunuch:

Noble Senators.

I spoke briefly with the eloquent Senator Arrius in the Magnaura, but our talk must have been lost from the records. Those eunuchs, I swear some of them loose their brains along with their balls. You didn't write that, did you? No? Good, I would rather not have to flog you again.
He proposed then that I bring the White to support an amendment to reform our management of Maritime matters in exchange for Blue support for a future strengthening of our Economy. That is a worthy proposal, however I do not believe it serves the best interests of the Imperium at this time. The trend in the Senate seems to favour Economy, and for good reason. Our financial situation is acute and if we continue to rely on loans the economy will eventually collapse. None lose more from that than the merchant houses that form the core of the Blue Demes. Trade brings prosperity but requires stability, you know this better than I. Better finances will allow more funding for the navy in the long term than a short term priority on the navy now will allow, especially if we bankrupt ourselves doing so.
Since any amendment proposed in the Senate will require outside support to be passed and the Senate as an institution needs to show unity to regain credibility and power against our enemies in the Dynatoi I will make a counter-proposal. If the Blue faction supports Economic reforms now I will support whichever reform the Blue Demes reaches an agreement on the next time the Imperium seeks to reform itself. Whether you support Maritime, Trade, Diplomacy or Exploration, I will give you, as a faction a carte blanche. I am also willing to support, in this session of the Senate, your interests in further eastern expedition and your diplomatic overtures towards Ceylon. Bringing our Christian brothers into the fold of the Imperium is our common duty.

We need not be enemies.

Senator Alexios Serapis

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos (The Blues)

*Titos smiles, as he receives Alexios message directed towards him, his smile widens even more, as he takes notices of Alexios message to the Blue Demes. What ever happens, things aren't looking bad, at least for him. He folds the message carefully and hides it in the folds of his clothing.*

While chatting with Senator Colombo Alexios dictates a letter to the members of the Blue Demes and has it delivered by a loyal eunuch:
{{ Please use italic ALWAYS when speaking in-character. Just saying :) }}

Those eunuchs, I swear some of them loose their brains along with their balls. You didn't write that, did you? No? Good, I would rather not have to flog you again.
{{Hahaha :D
My Senator was last seen beggining a conversation with Senator Cortez, but as I still didn't get an answer and I want to answer the letter of Serapis let's just imagine that he sent the reply after the conversation, or mid-conversation.}}
Senator Antiochos Salamis (Blue demes):
*Antiochos looks at the letter confused, then writes a reply, then calls for his servant*
Hmph. You, Helios, come here. Take this letter and bring it to Senator Serapis... Wait. Not you. Come here, Jeremiah, you shall deliver the letter.
*As the servant leaves with the letter, Antiochos grins. Sending his Jewish servant to deliver a letter to a White Deme- these are the small pleasures of life.*
Esteemed Senator Serapis,
You seem to be misinformed. The majority of the Senate doesn't flow in the direction of an Economic reform but in the direction of a Maritime reform- many strong figures in the Red demes and everyone, or at least almost everyone, in the Blue demes support it, as well as some unaffiliated.
The deal you propose is a bit unrealistic- why would we surrender to your small demes when we can win without your support? We've already made a deal with a few unaffiliated Senators and we will support an Economic reform, or, I guess, any other reform these Senators support, and you're welcome to join the deal. I am also skeptical to these promises you make- the Navy and the other areas of the expersite of the Blue demes have been neglected for too long, and if we surrender again, we will be seen as laughable and weak, unable to stand our ground- and, I fear, we may loose our importance as a major demes. So no, I afraid that I will never support this ridiculous deal you propose.
Senator Antiochos Salamis, head of house Salamis, lord of the castle and city of Salamis {{and mother of dragons}}

Reactions:
Senator Diaver Kastelos (Blue Demes)

Kastelos was alone in a corner, drinking quietly a coup of wine. The spectacle continued outside Magnaura while the eunuchs and servants were going to one senator to another, transporting words or letters that ended with the same result: alliances, pacts, victory. And he was there, a ruined man, with the remains of a trade company. Even his servants were dead. He sighed. The previous senators of the Kasteloi did an horrible mistake focusing in the flow of gold and now the last position of power that the Kastelos had was almost useless. Without allies, his candidature was destined to fail, and that pointless discusion with Raoul ended with him having more enemies.

Diaver couldn't let this continue. His own insolence was getting problematic. He sighed again: sometimes you have to bend to get a better chance to strike.

He called one of the servants of an absent senator, "Probably had to go to the bathroom." thought Kastelos. The call of gold is, almost always, stronger than the duty, and so the servant came when he heard the sound of the coins in a little bag.

"I guess you know how to write. I need six letters. Go, find more servants and you'll get this." The clinck of gold inside the bag made the servant's eyes shine.

Estimated Senator of the Navigators

As we all are aware, our majority in the Senate is gone. I, as representative of the Kasteloi, don't see this as disaster, but as a oportunity to finally unite our faction and, together, push for the naval reform we all know its necesary, as well to help our Imperator, long may he reign, with our finest advices about the Hindustan situation. While we have support of some of the reds and unaffiliated senators, we must strive for a strong faction and thus, gain the favor of the Emperor.

I've seen how many of us wants to lead the Navigators, which is a noble goal, but we all know how only one of us can have that honor at the same time. Many of you are witnesses of my dispute with the senator Alexandros Raoul, for what I ask for your forgiveness. There should not be space for familiar denigrations in the halls of Magnaura, therefore I retire my words about the previous Raoul senators, as well as I expect those dark rumours of my family trading with heathen goods to dissapear from your thoughts, because we all know how much damage can do some miscarried words in a heated discussion.

I'm a poor man after the disaster at the coast of the aragonese capital, I accept that humbly. My only goal is to fight for the future of the Imperium, not gaininig benefit from it, and while my personality can be shocking for some of the senators, I strongly think that we must present ourselves sceptic about the quality of our leaders, because I'm not willing to follow a man that's going to sacrifice thousands of lifes for his own stupidity. Colombo is particulary dangerous, and we all must have that present.

I hope you to enjoy our recess and a fruitfull session
Diaver Kastelos, the "Loved of Barcelona"
Senator of the Imperium

{{ Please use italic ALWAYS when speaking in-character. Just saying :) }}

{{Sorry}}

{{Hahaha :D
My Senator was last seen beggining a conversation with Senator Cortez, but as I still didn't get an answer and I want to answer the letter of Serapis let's just imagine that he sent the reply after the conversation, or mid-conversation.}}
Senator Antiochos Salamis (Blue demes):
*Antiochos looks at the letter confused, then writes a reply, then calls for his servant*
Hmph. You, Helios, come here. Take this letter and bring it to Senator Serapis... Wait. Not you. Come here, Jeremiah, you shall deliver the letter.
*As the servant leaves with the letter, Antiochos grins. Sending his Jewish servant to deliver a letter to a White Deme- these are the small pleasures of life.*
Esteemed Senator Serapis,
You seem to be misinformed. The majority of the Senate doesn't flow in the direction of an Economic reform but in the direction of a Maritime reform- many strong figures in the Red demes and everyone, or at least almost everyone, in the Blue demes support it, as well as some unaffiliated.
The deal you propose is a bit unrealistic- why would we surrender to your small demes when we can win without your support? We've already made a deal with a few unaffiliated Senators and we will support an Economic reform, or, I guess, any other reform these Senators support, and you're welcome to join the deal. I am also skeptical to these promises you make- the Navy and the other areas of the expersite of the Blue demes have been neglected for too long, and if we surrender again, we will be seen as laughable and weak, unable to stand our ground- and, I fear, we may loose our importance as a major demes. So no, I afraid that I will never support this ridiculous deal you propose.
Senator Antiochos Salamis, head of house Salamis, lord of the castle and city of Salamis {{and mother of dragons}}

*Alexios takes the letter, glances at the name of the sender and looks once more at the servant with a look of mild disgust. Did that fool really think sending a Hebrew would insult him? There was no lack of Christians with Jewish descent in the archives and secretariats he had worked throughout his youth, but wait. Jewish converts did not use that kind of headwear. This was no mere Hebrew, it was an actual denier of Iesos Khristos! Here in the Senate! That could not possibly be legal. Bringing such a person here. I wonder what the punishment would be for that.
He writes a curt note of reply.*

"I see some of us are more concerned about our personal prestige than the needs of the Imperium. Fortunately I doubt your entire demes is so lacking in vision."

{{So, Czoklet. What is the punishment for bringing an unrepentant denier of Christ into the Senate? :DParrotGuy clearly stated the servant was a Jew. A Jew is a follower of the Jewish religion, which denies that Jesus was Christ. The ethnic group is called Hebrew, and can off course be any religion.}}

*Dismissing the thought for now he writes a letter to the senators of the Red Demes*

"Honourable Senators of the Red Demes.

Let me begin by expressing my gratitude to your service in the defense of the Imperium.
In whatever capacity we serve we are all brothers in that, as the Administration is the
brother of the Army. In war as in peace our tasks are vital and one will fail without the
other. The armies of the Imperium have performed well, with the aid of Iesos Christos,
but their heroic victories have come at a great price.

The Imperium is nearing financial collapse. Our interest-payments alone nearly equal our
incomes from taxes. And as bankrupsy looms our costs to maintain the forces we already
posess grow ever higher. Such a situation is unworthy of Greece, and it is unworthy of
the Imperium.

Some of you have already spoken well of Economic reforms, as have many members of the
Blue Demes and the Unaffiliated, and I believe the Senate can reach a consensus. Only
Maritime reform can threaten our Economics and while the need for a strong fleet is
situational the needs of the army and economy are always of greater importance.

While the armies have served admirably the navy has gone from defeat to defeat, draining
the treasury while diverting recruits that could better have served the armies. Always
following their failures with more promises to improve their service if only they are
allowed to consume even more resources. Always exclaiming how vital they are to the
Imperial defense, even though the army still wins our wars even after the navy is sunk.

Should we really reward failure? I think not.

If the senate fails to reach a greater majority for Economic reforms not only will the
Emperor enact a Maritime reform, but the influence of the Senate will be greatly injured
to the detriment of us all. Our enemies in the Dynatoi all wait for us to fail, so let us
disappoint them and work together for the greater good of the Imperium and the Senate.

Now naturally, cooperation requires that both parties have their interests tended to and
I am willing to offer concessions in return for an Economic reform. I will support a
focus on the Military for this term. I will support a policy for a Provincial Taxation
System increasing recruitment and funding for the army. And I will support a hard-line
solution to the Aquitainian problem.

Let us continue our work to find an equitable agreement.

Senator Alexios Serapis"

Last edited:
{{So, Czoklet. What is the punishment for bringing an unrepentant denier of Christ into the Senate? :DParrotGuy clearly stated the servant was a Jew. A Jew is a follower of the Jewish religion, which denies that Jesus was Christ. The ethnic group is called Hebrew, and can off course be any religion.}}

{{Oh daaaaamn. ParrotGuy, how did you got your jew? It was an offer from the ghetto? You know cheap servants are not allowed! That's why Diaver has none >.> (?) }}

Senator Marcus Arrius (the Blues):

*Marcus reads the letter sent to him from Senator Serapis. Once done, he calmly puts it down and approaches the White Deme. A smile is ever-present on Marcus' face as he speaks.*
Alexios... Have I somehow offended you? I had thought we had already reached an agreement. This letter you sent to the Blue Demes... It almost seems as if you do not value my word. Some might even read your letter and think you are betraying me without even giving me a chance.

{{Leandor, am I to take the letter you sent out as you no longer seeking to become the leader of the Blues?}}

Although I have to admit that a Speaker is an interesting idea, for technical issues (only 3 "parties" supported by the mod I'm using) there can't be a "Fourth Demes" at the moment, not to mention that it would require me to go again through dozens of events and tweak the influence gain of each Demes accordingly. If you want more variety in the Senate I'm afraid you'll have to wait for Victoria 2.}}
{{Ah, my mistake. We shall have to wait for Vicky 2 for the Roman Ancaps to rise....}}

{{Obviously, my Senator didn't send a Jew who looked like a believer of the Jewish faith...
Also, I don't think that ANY Jew or Muslim or Pagan in our tolerant Imperium walks with any religious clothes/headwear/anything else, so no one should really know :D}}

{{ First off I owe an apology about the game mechanics particularly the idea groups. I'm sorry I thought it was calculated first instead of at the moment of choosing. Secondly I still think that it is nearly impossible to vassalize Ceylon but I concede that I'm no genius on the subject.}}

Senator Maximos Wedrovander (Red Demes):

*So this is what my grandfather felt when the heretic Colombo back stabbed him in the first session. I had really hoped that I could be the herald of change for the family. That my name would be known as the catalyst of change. Nope, not what happened again. Well I guess to war and rebellion against the tide of these blue fops then he thought to himself.*

*To a companion near to him but loud enough to some of the more gossip hungry eunuchs could hear*

I will not change my stance on the navy. Although the pillars was the greatest disaster in the longest of time it is not the place of the senate to provide on a sliver platter the support of the empire for no other reason than, Oh the navy has been so neglected. Honestly one less idiot in the fleet and then we would have had the empire not in matter-of-factly underwater in debt as well as the fleet that he led. The crux of the matter is that the blue demes make it seem that they are winning through the number of speakers they push through. However we have seen this before. That was when the old heretic himself proposed quantity it only passed at 60%. There is always a quiet minority that can upset the tide. I intend to be their voice. I also I am a bit perplexed about while they shout for maritime for it doesn't even help the most numerous ships of the fleet.

{{Btw can anybody tell me how to do that button stuff? I don't know how to do that. And I'd like to reply and send out some messages.}}

Senator Alexandros Raoul

*Alexandros was sitting reading the letters sent by Serapis andf Kastelos. The Whites had some guts for sure. With the Reds divided on the road to follow, the Blues needed to be united. It pained him but at least he could still forgive Kastelos publicly after the letter without looking weak. Before going to see Kastelos, Alexandros sent a message to Senator Arrius.*

Senator Arrius,
The Blues need unity to achieve their goals and I think you are the most fit to represent us currently. Publicly support the Refrom of the NAvy, the pursuit of exploration and the protection of the St-Thomas's followers and you'll have my vote.

Of course I expect you will reward your friends when the time comes

-Alexandros Raoul

*He thought for a few minutes then decided to go speak with him directly. It pained him but the Blues needed a strong signal to hold influence in the Magnaura. he found him in a corner, surely awaiting answers for the letters he sent. Both men glanced at each other with disgust. Alexandros sat in front of Diaver, looking him directly to the eyes*

You know Kastelos, I'll be direct, I don't like you and I think I never will. It's physical, you can't stand the sight of some people and you are amongst the ones I can't. But we have the same agenda in the Senate and I think the Blues need some unity to finally win over the Reds and especially the Whites. Here is what I propose : we both relinquish our candidacies to become leader and elect someone more neutral. Arrius comes to mind but Salamis could be fine too. Of course in exchange of our support, we will be the first to receive honors should the Emperor give some to the Demes.
What do you say ? From what I see, the Blues could lose against the joint Whites and Reds. The latter are divided and could be persuaded easily to give up some support for our Reforms.
We have to avoid a White trick.

Last edited: