• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Every Wednesday from now until the next expansion hits I'll be posting a screenshot of the map changes in Europe. The screenshots will be chosen largely by whim and may be of new provinces, changed cultural setups, or country development levels.

Today, we mourn the demise of the 100% historical Square Memel, and introduce this ahistorical monstrosity:
fSKooaP.png

I would like a quiet moment, please.

Reactions:
There is still land connection between Teutons and Livonian order, but I guess we cant have all

And Silesia also seems to look bigger

Reactions:
Reactions:
I like it *hides*

EDIT: Are the Fort markers just a placeholder, or will they simply the castle symbol on the map?

What makes me uneasy is that I do not see any forts in Poland and Lithuania. It might be fog-of war issue, but if yes it would seem strange that Teutons do not know whether Vilinius is fortified or not

Reactions:
Is it just me or does TO look a lot like VeF TO now?

[Observes moment of silence for Memel]

No love for ROTW? TT

@Darkath wish fulfilled after intense trolling by Wiz, The poor guy?

Hmm elaborate more? Historical values perhaps of different values at different start dates of a province?

You may have missed the massive map changes outside Europe in 1.8? This is simply Europe getting the same love.

In addition to adding new provinces and tweaking cultures, we're also tweaking development levels (base tax, production and manpower) to be more historical and work better with the new mechanics. For example, Germany lost some development while Hungary was boosted.

Reactions:
What makes me uneasy is that I do not see any forts in Poland and Lithuania. It might be fog-of war issue, but if yes it would seem strange that Teutons do not know whether Vilinius is fortified or not

It's because of fog of war. Map is much too cluttered if you show fort-icons in FOW.

Reactions:
Could someone post the current setup for comparison?

I won't be on my gaming rig for a couple of days...

Basically 4 TO provinces (Neumark, Danzig, Marienburg, Warmia) , one Pomeranian: Hinterpommern and probably Breslau were cut in half. In case of Neumark Brandenburg got one half.

Edit: visible parts of Livonian Order, Poland and Lithuania seems unchanged

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yay for a more historical Ermland as well!

Reactions:
No province for Suvalkija in Lithuania? It would fix the borders for new east Prussa and north congress Poland. Maybe even a north and a south part to make some of the modern Polish-Lithuanian there.

Anywayys, gr8 b8 m'm8erino

Last edited:
Reactions: