• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IoannesBarbarus

El Ingenioso Hidalgo
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
NOTICE: This submod has been integrated into HIP and is now part of its internal
compatching abilities. The installer takes care of it—Arumba’s Keyboard Shortcuts is
available with every module combination, including those with ARKOpack Interface.
Old versions of this submod remain accessible here.
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Download (SWMH) - v1.0.4
for ARKOpack Interface version 2015-12-23 and SWMH v2.91 - 2015-12-23.

Download (non-SWMH) - v1.0.4
for ARKOpack Interface version 2015-12-23.

ARKOpack thread.
Original Keyboard Shortcuts for vanilla CK2. Also here.

This submod consists of versions of some ARKOpack Interface files with Arumba’s keyboard shortcuts integrated into them. The “Interface Adjust” portion of Arumba’s mod is also included. This submod is not compatible with vanilla CK2 or with any HIP installation that lacks ARKOpack Interface. For those, use Arumba’s original mod.

INSTALLATION:
  1. Locate a HIP installation that includes a copy of the correct version of ARKOpack Interface. Check the version.txt file to verify the ARKOpack Interface version.
  2. If using the SWMH version, ensure the correct version of SWMH is installed. If using the non-SWMH version, ensure no version of SWMH is installed.
  3. The .zip archive contains one folder, named “arko-shortcuts-<version>”. Extract the contents of that folder into HIP’s install folder (e.g. “mod/Historical Immersion Project”), overwriting all conflicting files.
USAGE:
See below for an updated version of Arumba’s readme explaining the various keyboard shortcuts. Most of those shortcuts have been added to vanilla in 2.4. But Arumba’s mod is still necessary for these items:

z will 'cancel' or 'go to' on event windows (such as disband troops, or after a siege/battle has completed)
z will go to the previous holding in demesne
c Confirms diplomacy interactions, and will 'ok' event windows (such as disband troops)
v will create a new vassal from the holding screen of minor owned baronies
b will go to the next holding in demesne
s is bound to the 'split navy' button if you have a single navy selected
/ opens the find title interface

Note that n no longer merges or splits units, and z and b no longer rebalance them.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
If you have problems using this submod, delete your HIP folder and reinstall HIP (with ARKOpack Interface). Then, reinstall this submod on top. If problems persist, post in this thread.

CHANGELOG:

v1.0.4: Interface 2015-12-23, ArumbaKS 2015-09-18, and SWMH 2015-12-23.
v1.0.3: Interface 2015-08-20, ArumbaKS 2015-09-18, and SWMH 2015-10-04.
v1.0.2: Interface 2015-08-20, ArumbaKS 2015-08-13, and SWMH 2015-09-01.
v1.0.1: Interface 2015-08-15, ArumbaKS 2015-08-13, and SWMH 2015-08-15.
v1.0.0: Initial version for Interface 2015-02-07 and ArumbaKS 2014-12-16.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Interface Adjust: Adjusts the character selection GUI so that it does not overlap with the character interface.

Keyboard Shortcuts:

z raises levy directly from any county you have control over
z also toggles siege interface while selecting a province or army in an enemy province.
z will 'cancel' or 'go to' on event windows (such as disband troops, or after a siege/battle has completed)
z will go to the previous holding in demesne

x dismisses the currently selected levy (army or ship), *capital* "x" will dismiss ALL selected levies or ships

c raises ships directly from any county you have control over
c assaults holdings when you have an army/county is selected that allows for assaulting
c Confirms diplomacy interactions, and will 'ok' event windows (such as disband troops)

v embarks the currently selected levy into a ship that is IN port in that province
v also selects all armies inside boats if a ship is selected
v also will close one army at a time while having multiple armies selected. The two previously mentioned shortcuts take priorty. This shortcut is ideal for raiding with multiple armies as a viking. (v selects armies, right click all onto a county, press v, right click onto another county, repeat.)
v will create a new vassal from the holding screen of minor owned baronies

If you have a single army/shipgroup the "b" key will open the new unit interface (ship/army rebalancing)
b will go to the next holding in demesne
b is also back button for the main interfaces

g merges selected levies or ships if you have multiple armies selected, so long as they are in the same zone or province (naturally.)

s is bound to the 'split army/navy' button if you have a single army or navy selected

l toggles looter status for pagan armies

, opens the ledger, and closes the ledger

. opens the find characters interface, and also closes it

/ opens the find title interface

_______________________________________________________________________________________

There are some shortcuts you may be unaware of in vanilla CK2. The ledger can be paged back and forth with the left and right arrow keys. I find this is snappier than clicking the buttons. That is not overridden by Keyboard Shortcuts, neither Arumba’s nor mine. Escape will often close windows, and Enter will often accept things, though these are not consistent.

Also, in all ARKOpack Interface installations, < and > page back and forth in the chronicle.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Why doesn't Arko just integrate your work? As it is, he isn't doing anything with those shortcuts...

However, we should talk about making this part of the official HIP download. That way, I can just have the installer ask, "Would you like to install Arumba's Keyboard Shortcuts? [yes]" and, if so, have it either install the vanilla shortcuts mod or the Arko sub-mod. Otherwise, I've still got to present the user with the exclusive choice between keyboard shortcuts and Arko Interface.

Could you start a GitHub repository and add the code to it? Keeping the files on GitHub makes my life easier for release management.

Reactions:
Why doesn't Arko just integrate your work? As it is, he isn't doing anything with those shortcuts...
My intent was originally just to show Arko that it’s simple to integrate, and if he didn’t take that and run with it, I could just make it available.

However, we should talk about making this part of the official HIP download. That way, I can just have the installer ask, "Would you like to install Arumba's Keyboard Shortcuts? [yes]" and, if so, have it either install the vanilla shortcuts mod or the Arko sub-mod. Otherwise, I've still got to present the user with the exclusive choice between keyboard shortcuts and Arko Interface.
Sounds great.

Could you start a GitHub repository and add the code to it? Keeping the files on GitHub makes my life easier for release management.
Will do. Does Arko have a repo? Ideally I would fork his and make a branch or something. (Don’t ask me what, I never know what I’m doing with git until I sit down and do it…)

Will do. Does Arko have a repo? Ideally I would fork his and make a branch or something. (Don’t ask me what, I never know what I’m doing with git until I sit down and do it…)

Arko is responsible for the very last HIP module(s) to not be on GitHub, sadly. Nevertheless, it's basically a minimum requirement of mine for anything new I have to manage for releases. It makes my life a lot easier (putting together a release properly and quickly is harder than it looks). I would just create a new repo.

Arko is responsible for the very last HIP module(s) to not be on GitHub, sadly. Nevertheless, it's basically a minimum requirement of mine for anything new I have to manage for releases. It makes my life a lot easier (putting together a release properly and quickly is harder than it looks). I would just create a new repo.
Done.

Somehow it’s damn easy for me to need merging use cases that git was never designed for, find error messages that only show up on Google in source code and Linus’s dev posts from 2005…

There would be additional workload only if two branches were maintained: one with shortcuts, one without. As zijistark pointed out (& as hadn’t occurred to me till he pointed it out), there might just as well be one branch, with shortcuts, since they don’t really conflict with anything in Interface, and those who don’t care for the shortcut keys may simply go on not pressing them. If Arko is amenable to that, there’s no ongoing work—only one‑time integration.

I don't think it is up to you to decide what ARKOpack should contain or not, it is not the way HIP project works, but you know that already.

Yes it is something to discuss, i won't tolerate another stab from you.

Last edited:
v1.0.1 released, compatible with latest HIP release (2015-08-16). OP has been updated. There are now two versions of this submod, one with ARKOInterface without SWMH and one for ARKOInterface with SWMH.

Happy typing.

confused here. says install into hip folder. theirs multiple hip folders . could someone provide an example of the directory ?
When you install HIP, you either provide your own folder name, or accept the default, “Historical Immersion Project”. If you accepted the default, the directory is “<CK2 user dir>/mod/Historical Immersion Project”. Otherwise it’ll be found under the name you gave it, in the “mod” directory.

When you install HIP, you either provide your own folder name, or accept the default, “Historical Immersion Project”. If you accepted the default, the directory is “<CK2 user dir>/mod/Historical Immersion Project”. Otherwise it’ll be found under the name you gave it, in the “mod” directory.

ok that did it for me. Thanks!

ok sorry got ahead of myself doesn't appear to be working. i installed the "with swmh" by pressing "extract" through winrar into C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Historical Immersion Project . it didnt overwrite anything or anything like that and im running the following

[HIP Release 2015-08-16]
Enabled HIP modules:
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v4.0 - 2015-08-16)
ARKO Interface (2015-08-15)
SWMH (v2.9 - 2015-08-15)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.0.0 - 2015-08-16)
ARKO Armoiries (2015-08-15)
NBRT+ (v2.1 - 2014-03-28)
VIET Events (v1.9.6 - 2015-07-21)
CPRplus (v2.0.5 - 2015-08-16)

did i miss something ?

ok sorry got ahead of myself doesn't appear to be working. i installed the "with swmh" by pressing "extract" through winrar into C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Historical Immersion Project . it didnt overwrite anything or anything like that and im running the following

[HIP Release 2015-08-16]
Enabled HIP modules:
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v4.0 - 2015-08-16)
ARKO Interface (2015-08-15)
SWMH (v2.9 - 2015-08-15)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.0.0 - 2015-08-16)
ARKO Armoiries (2015-08-15)
NBRT+ (v2.1 - 2014-03-28)
VIET Events (v1.9.6 - 2015-07-21)
CPRplus (v2.0.5 - 2015-08-16)

did i miss something ?
Probably what’s happened is you have a “arko-shortcuts-1.0.1-swmh” folder inside your “Historical Immersion Project”. This is an oversight on my part. What you want to extract into “Historical Immersion Project” is not that folder, but rather, its contents. So you can repair the install by moving the contents of “arko-shortcuts-1.0.1-swmh” up one level, into “Historical Immersion Project”.

Hey guys, was just wondering if there was any plans to update this to the current version?

As it stands, I'd far rather have keyboard shortcuts and lose out on ARKO UI, but if I could have both again that'd be great!