• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, I think I nailed down how to reproduce it:

• Start FtG and immediately load a tutorial. For me, this causes a crash.
  • Start FtG and load a scenario or saved game. Quit out of it and load a tutorial. For me, this loads normally.

I'd appreciate - as probably would Michael - if you could test this out and verify the pattern. Seems to me the tutorial needs some resource initialised that it can't do itself. I don't think the Steam thing matters. I recall previously verifying that it's a clean 1.2 install, except for the encrypted exe. That gets overwritten anyway.

I tried it, and the same goes for me too.
Steam version, with the latest beta.

I already did that with the Interface tutorial and now again with the "units" tutorial. Works for me. So it´s not a bug that happens to everyone.

The vanilla game runs fine and it´s only the tutorials that always cause a crash for you?

You followed the advice in the tech support FAQ?
Game runs fine, just that specific bug with tutorials. And yes, I've completely verified the integrity and the patch. Also, the support advice has been followed.

It's not really a problem for me, anyway. I just wanted to document the bug. If 1.3 ever gets an official release, this seems like something that ought to be ironed out.

Maybe it's an OS thing. Mine is Win8.1 x64, VC++ 2008 Redist 9.0.30729.6161.

I was able to reproduce it with the beta .exe but not when running in Visual Studio. This needs further investigation.

Unsure if this is exactly the right place to ask this question -- but in attempting to download 1.3 at the specified thread, I'm getting an error message that reads:
Paradox Interactive Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I'm unsure what could be the cause of this as I own and have registered FTG. I'm assuming the link in the original post of this thread is still the right place to download 1.3. I've personally been somewhat 'off the grid' for the last year in terms of gaming at least, had just thought to get back into FTG. If anyone knows what might be the problem I would appreciate hearing, thanks.

edit: ok, from glancing at a few other threads I think I understand the problem to be that the forums have been updated in recent weeks and that not every game's tech support areas are properly accessible at this point. Does anyone know when this problem will be resolved or if there is any alternate location where one can download the most recent version of 1.3?

Last edited:
Unsure if this is exactly the right place to ask this question -- but in attempting to download 1.3 at the specified thread, I'm getting an error message that reads:
Paradox Interactive Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
I'm unsure what could be the cause of this as I own and have registered FTG. I'm assuming the link in the original post of this thread is still the right place to download 1.3. I've personally been somewhat 'off the grid' for the last year in terms of gaming at least, had just thought to get back into FTG. If anyone knows what might be the problem I would appreciate hearing, thanks.
edit: ok, from glancing at a few other threads I think I understand the problem to be that the forums have been updated in recent weeks and that not every game's tech support areas are properly accessible at this point. Does anyone know when this problem will be resolved or if there is any alternate location where one can download the most recent version of 1.3?

If FtG is not listed in that thread it´s not fixed yet and no need to report it:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/current-state-of-forum-access.847248/

Edit: However downloading from the OLD forum still works:
http://oldforum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?670289-FTG-1.3-Beta-Patch-Unified-Thread

Reactions:
I had troubles with new patch 1.3 and now I'm playing with 1.2 patch to develope Eliomod.
I hate inserting new parts in the game without playing it some minutes.

I would also like to download 1.3 Beta Patch. How may I enter the old forum in case I have registered only in the new one?

You can´t. The old forum has been set to read-only and you can´t register there anymore.
So you just have to wait until the FtG Tech Support subforum in the new forum has been fixed which it hasn´t been yet
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/current-state-of-forum-access.847248/

However you don´t *need* the 1.3 beta patch to play the game. Some changes are not really important and others break mods (e.g. by changes in the definitions for religions or cultures) as most mods have not yet been updated to work with 1.3 - but work with the 1.2 patch.

Code:
29 December 2013
================

- AI preference and ignore lists now omit duplicates.
- AI exploration should no longer jump immediately to the lowest numbered sea zone if all unexplored areas are ignored.
- AI will now be a bit more likely to place a colony instead of a trading post if it has no ports in the sea region yet.
- Fixed bad math mistake in province manpower calculation (introduced in last beta).
- Loading a save from in game should now set the player country correctly if possible.
- During unit reorganization, holding Ctrl while clicking an arrow now moves all of the specified unit type instead of 1000 at a time.
- Added a completely unsupported and unlocalized climate mapmode for modders primarily. It can be accessed through the "climate" cheat code.
- Sea zones are no longer arctic by default. This didn't actually affect ice frequency, but it did make sea travel take twice as long. Sea terrain move cost has been updated from 1 to 2 to compensate.
- The "hidden" modifier for events is now correctly defaulted to false.
- Added a series of defines for unit movement times.

1 December 2013
===============

- Fixed bug with in-game load/save dialog preventing any saves when not using a mod.
- Fixed bug causing settings.txt to be written out to the mod's directory when a mod is selected, preventing the game from finding it on the next start.
- Fixed bug causing fleets with high attrition to return to a port which is not the closest.New AI parameter: ignore = { }, which prevents the AI from targeting any province in that continent/region/area for colonization.
- New command target: which = -10/overlord (equivalent)
- New command: type = ai_add which = <list> value = <value>, where <list> is one of the lists used in AI files (currently continent, region, area, ignore, and combat).
- New command: type = ai_rem which = <list> value = <value>, same as ai_add.
- New command: type = ai_set which = <name> value = <value>. <Name> can be any AI non-list preference, or garrison.<subtype> or conquest.<subtype>.
- New event option: hidden = yes, which prevents an event which happens to another country (even a network player) from appearing in the player's log.
- New trigger: emperor = { }, which shifts the scope of the contained triggers to the current HRE.
- New trigger: overlord = { }, which shifts the scope of the contained triggers to the receiving country's overlord (with an implicit "isvassal = yes").
- New define: _MER_CAVALRYAFTER_OFFSET_ to govern when mercenary companies can include cavalry. By default it is set to 0, allowing them from game start.

17 November 2013
================

- War taxes now increase manpower by an amount defined by COUNTRY_WARTAX_MANPOWER (default is double), and the default duration is now 12 months instead of 6.
- Text in the alliance list now makes it clear which country leads the alliance.
- Fixed a startup crash if not all provinces have entries in a savegame.
- The game will now attempt to use the My Documents folder for saves if its install location is not writable. If this is the case, it expects mods to be installed in My Documents also.
- The num_of_ports, num_of_colonies, num_of_tps, num_of_cots, and overlord triggers now work (they were implemented but could not be parsed).
- Commands with failing triggers no longer prevent random events from firing; presumably if the scripter had intended that to happen, those conditions would be in the event trigger.
- "AI" trigger no longer treats rebels, pirates, mercenaries, and natives as non-AI.
- Added religion_group (= muslim, e.g.) and religion_subgroup (= catholic, e.g.) triggers.
- Events whose triggers fail now use the offset to determine when to check next. Next check is randomly chosen between offset/2 and offset, with a minimum of 1.
- A persistent event with no tag defined no longer reschedules for every country when it fires for one country.
- AI can no longer colonize provinces which it doesn't have a clear path to. This matches the behavior for humans.
- Exported define PROV_INCOME_LANDLOCKED_OVERSEAS, defaulting to 10% (as a penalty).
- Fixed a potential issue with Shinto conversions and colonies erroneously appearing as Confucian.

23 June 2013
============

- Fixed host crash on starting an MP scenario if a client has a very slow connection.
- Fixed crash on starting an MP scenario if an event immediately alters the stats of a random monarch.
- Treaty of Tordesillas cores now only cause battles if the province does not belong to the ToT owner.
- Added vassal = TAG trigger
- Added overlord = TAG trigger
- Added union = TAG trigger
- Added num_of_ports trigger
- Added num_of_colonies trigger
- Added num_of_tps trigger
- Added num_of_cots trigger
- Added "impassable" adjacency type
- It is now possible to include multiple "ai = filename" lines for countries in scenario files.

13 May 2013
===========

- Fixed crash when autosave.eeg is not writable.
- Fixed crash when 100+ consecutive lines of comments are read from a script file.
- Fixed crash when Pirates obtain a land unit in some way.
- The ledger now uses the correct name of countries that have been renamed via event.
- Tables in the ledger no longer include reserved countries (pirates, rebels, etc.).
- The wealth graph page of the ledger no longer counts loans as wealth.
- Warscore is now set properly when a country leaves a war via government collapse.
- Fixed bug causing fleets to disappear from the map when they are patrolling but have no patrol route set.
- Corrected off-by-one error causing the last color in colorscales_cots.txt not to be used.
- The game no longer attempts to remember the last mapmode when saving/loading, as it caused some issues on load.
- The VP bonus for discovering a land or sea province before any other country no longer counts reserved countries.
- AI is no longer hardcoded to colonize only its ToT area (but will still heavily favor such provinces).
- Added define _VP_COUNTRY_BREAKS_.
- Corrected string when a poor monarch comes to the throne.

23 March 2013
=============

- Fixed crash when a country's government falls while rebels are assaulting a fortress.
- Persistent events whose start dates are far before the scenario start should no longer trigger repeatedly on startup.
- Persistent events can no longer trigger more than once on the same day.
- The revolt command will no longer try to target trading posts.
- The default Holy Roman Emperor should no longer be elected repeatedly when it is not eligible and no other country has a positive vote score.
- Added another digit of precision to floating-point numbers in save files.
- Fleets that are hunting pirates will no longer attempt to make port in a province that borders their region but has a port far away (e.g. Panama in the Caribbean).

- Removed red line between Kola and Karelia.
- Removed PTI from Colorado and Sacramento rivers.
- Removed PTI dot from the center of the Aral Sea.
- The sidebar header is no longer a different image at low resolutions.
- The COTs in Zacatecas and Cuzco are now marked persistent in the 1419 scenario.
- The countryname commands for ENG and POL no longer use a "which" clause, which is a no-op anyway.
- Updated some 1419/1492 known province listings.

23 February 2013
================

AI
- Peace AI will now take distance into account when deciding whether to annex or vassalize.
- Peace AI is now a little more likely to force-convert when possible.
- AI should not build quite so many transports.
- AI should now know that it needs to build a fleet if it has two provinces separated by water.
- Fixed bug causing AI to sometimes get stuck when it is trying to invade a landlocked neighbor.
- Large AI countries should be less likely to accept force-vassalization.
- AI countries can no longer resist peace if they have navies but no armies.
- Peace AI is now more likely to demand religious conversion if possible, especially if it is the emperor or the defender of the faith.
- Peace AI will now just take whatever it can if its enemy is completely occupied by a third party, instead of waiting indefinitely for a government collapse.
- Peace AI is now less likely to accept poor isolated provinces in peace deals.
- Peace AI will now accept isolated provinces that are cores if it has a port.
- AI will now attempt to start improving colonies as soon as they reach city status.
- AI will now prioritize its own COTs more, especially those with empty slots.
- AI will no longer attempt to build manufactories if the corresponding techs are maxed out.
- AI can now look ahead to see whether it should rush a particular tech.
- AI is now less likely to build tax collectors in wrong-religion and wrong-culture provinces.
- AI is now much more likely to build governors when it has high inflation.
- AI is now less likely to build shipyards unless it is colonizing and doesn't have one yet.
- AI now attempts to build a higher ratio of cavalry when it is in plains.
- AI will now be a little bolder at moving armies through their own trading posts in provinces that still have natives.
- AI should now be a little smarter at deciding whether to accept and repay loans from other countries.
- AI vassals will no longer grant military access to countries at war with their overlord.
- Peace AI now tries not to demand any of its core provinces which are occupied by allies.
- AI now considers canceling vassalization even at good relations after a long enough time.
- AI should now try to restart its colonization efforts after it makes peace, even without a save/reload cycle.
- AI should now try to put its fleets into port when they are not in use.
- AI will now keep troops and ships on half pay when possible.
- AI should be a little smarter about minting.
- AI should now prioritize naval tech a little more when in colonization mode.
- AI should now actively try to clear out pirates.
- AI should be a little smarter about assaulting.
- AI should be better at moving troops to the point of attack.
- AI should dogpile sieges less.
- AI will now prioritize getting military access through countries that border both it and its target.
- Removed AI cheat allowing multiple colonists to be sent to a province at the same time.
- Added a small culture factor and increased the weight of country size when the AI is considering whether to accept vassalization or annexation.
- AI will now be slightly more happy to declare war if it's in a good position.
- AI will now be somewhat more warmongering if it is already over its force limit.
- AI will now prioritize land tech a little more if it's far behind the leaders.
- Tweaked AI build preferences in favor of governors over chief judges.
- Streamlined AI choice of manufactories and prioritized them a little higher.
- AI is now more aggressive towards pagans if it has a CB.
- AI is now capable of sending missionaries without cheating.
- AI should no longer be eager to blockade rebels in another country's province.
- AI will no longer build troops over its support limit while at peace.
- AI is now less likely to change religion if it has recently changed (e.g. by event).
- Removed AI bonus for asking other AIs to become vassals.
- Larger AI countries can now consider more than one construction (building, fortress, missionary) at the same time, meaning they are less likely to get "stuck".
- Landlocked AIs will no longer build naval equipment manufactories.
- Rich AIs are now more likely to consider building shipyards and conscription centers.
- Reduced AI war exhaustion bonuses.
- Large AI countries should now be a bit better about building upgrades.
- Small coastal AI countries will now limit their fleet size based on wealth, rather than just on number of provinces (looking at you, Venice).
- AI should now be better about building up its forces before a war instead of during it.
- Tweaked AI manufactory location and prioritization strategy a bit.
- AI will no longer mint so blindly during wars.
- AI now knows how to mint for important projects.
- AI is now more likely to offer peace if it has multiple revolts.
- Large AI countries are now more likely to build manufactories.
- AI is now more likely to fortify unfortified cities, possibly even taking inflation if necessary.
- AI will no longer help allies against rebels if those rebels are likely to defect to it.

Bugfix
- Fixed occasional crash when two or more merchants are sent to the same COT at once.
- Added missing French translations for events 3718, 3733, 3720, 3725, 3785
- AI should no longer get stuck attempting to annex when force-annexation is turned off.
- Fixed minor bug in colonist chance formula.
- Fixed bug when a country's technology is defined in the scenario as something outside that tech's range.
- Fixed the backwards logic of the treasury trigger.
- Removed a duplicate natives entry in geography.txt.
- Province income, mine, and manpower levels can no longer be set below 0 by event.
- Fixed occasional crash on mouseover of notifiers.
- Fixed bug with name of the last technology level.
- The diplomacy window should now show the correct tooltip when attempting to embargo before reaching the needed tech level.
- The diplomacy window should now show the correct tooltip when attempting to ban an alliance member during a war.
- Province weather calculations now use a true random number generator, not a fake one that made certain provinces more likely to have winter.
- Fixed crash when religions are defined with empty CB, restricts, or enemy lists.
- The endgame screen no longer shows bogus countries when fewer than 8 exist.
- Removed some hardcoded province IDs from exploration AI.
- Moving colonists are no longer visible in terra incognita or fog of war.
- Fixed bug allowing a rebel-held province which was not on a border or a coast to defect to another country.
- The save game parser will now attempt to recover if a bad province definition is encountered rather than just crashing.
- Corrected the tooltip on province trade income when pirates are affecting it.
- Super-long strings in database files will now be truncated rather than crashing the game on startup.
- Having too few random events no longer causes a hang on startup.
- Fixed colonist wagon/ship sprites when fog of war is on.
- Fixed "annex" command to properly gain badboy and nationalism.
- Fixed a rounding error for unit attrition display.
- The game now properly switches logging directories when switching mods.
- The game now gives a warning when it cannot write to a file instead of simply crashing.
- Removed annoying flicker of the province demand/offer list in the peace interface.
- Fleets that are patrolling and enter combat now resume patrolling if they win the battle.
- Leaders that appear within a few days after a scenario starts should now be announced by messages (no more stealth Napoleon).
- Fixed bug in sea zone pirates listing.
- Fixed bug when monarchs get multiple stat changes by event ending at different times.
- Rebels will no longer keep besieging a province even when another rebellion has taken the fortress.
- Fixed a crash when alt_provincereligion targets an unowned province.
- Fixed a crash when a trigger "isoverlord = no" evaluated as false.

Change/New Feature
- Doubled the colonial attempts penalty in the colonist chance formula.
- The messages for stability dropping or increasing should now be shown by default.
- Sieges of colonies now require only half as many troops, to match the half-sized fortresses.
- It is now possible to discover lakes when discovering an adjacent land province.
- It is no longer possible to attack natives while in another nation's colony.
- There can now only be one retreat phase after a battle, so maneuver 5 generals with lots of cavalry are no longer guaranteed a wipeout.
- There is now an automatic revolt check when reaching -3 stability.
- Changing domestic policy now gives a significant chance of revolt.
- It is no longer possible to change domestic policy while at -3 stability.
- Increased snow chances in ncontin climate (mostly Europe). Nov and Mar now have a 5% chance and Jan, Dec, and Feb were roughly doubled.
- Drastically increased the technology ahead-of-time penalty if 20+ years ahead.
- Force-converted countries now cannot change religion for five years past the end of the truce (moddable via _FORCECONVERT_MINMONTHS_).
- Vassals can no longer make a separate peace while their overlord is still at war.
- Revolters can no longer declare independence from single-province minors.
- Rebel-held provinces can now defect even while under siege if they have been held for _PROV_MIN_DEFECT_MONTHS_ + _COUNTRY_MINREVOLTER_MONTHS_.
- When a merchant is competed away from a center of trade, there is now a very small chance of his learning about a new province from the competing merchant.
- Provinces now favor same-culture COTs a little more.
- It now takes half the normal force to besiege or cover forts in colonial cities (which have half the normal number of defenders).
- Vassals can no longer be elected emperor.
- Removed 1% minimum attrition when armies are traveling in home provinces.
- Increased population growth penalties for bad climates and made them apply even to provinces on the same continent as their capital.
- To compensate, added a small boost for population growth from production efficiency.
- Rebels now assault less often but can now assault even on hard and normal difficulty.
- Doubled neighbor bonus for infra and trade technology, or more specifically, for any tech that has fewer than 20 levels in total.
- Removed the automatic neighbor bonus from having a large number of countries in the tech group even if none was far ahead in tech.
- Raised the cap for vassal tech bonus from 2% from 10%, but removed it entirely when centralization is positive.
- Eliminated the country size cap on tech cost. Conquering several continents is no longer a guarantee of having relatively cheap tech.
- Armies with 2x more cavalry than infantry now get a -1 penalty to die rolls. Cavalry-only armies get a further -1. These modifiers do stack with the cavalry bonus, so it evens out in plains.
- It is no longer possible to release vassals while at war.
- Implemented personal unions. Unions are formed by monarch definitions only and not by events.
- Tweaked tech costs to be slightly less expensive in the early game and more expensive in the late game.
- Added "auto-hunt rebels" button for armies.
- Added "auto-hunt pirates" button for fleets. They always stay within the region where they were when hunting was turned on.
- It is no longer possible to hire privateers in a sea zone that already has any ships.
- Land attrition is now calculated and displayed as a decimal instead of an integer.
- To assist searching within save files, country names (localized) are now listed at the start of each country block.
- It is now possible to use defines within localization files if placed within angle brackets; e.g. "Time: <BUILD_FORTRESS_MONTHS> months" will display as "Time: 12 months" in game.
- It is no longer possible to abuse military access to incite native attacks.
- Empty scenario files will no longer be shown in the scenario list.
- Randomly generated monarchs are no longer eligible to become emperor.
- It is no longer possible to diplomatically vassalize or annex countries of equal size.
- Extending a bank loan that has come due now only affects the interest rate on that loan, not other outstanding loans.
- A standing fleet is now much more likely to intercept a fleet that is patrolling.
- Countries marked as no_dynastic in religions_special.txt can no longer be elected emperor.
- An election is now automatically held if the emperor is annexed, assuming there are electors.
- Rebel morale now depends somewhat on the revolt risk in the province.
- Colonists now take sensible routes to their destinations and take a bit longer in general.
- Increased land tech neighbor bonus to work the same as naval.
- A country's provinces are now much less likely to trade in COTs where they are embargoing the COT's owner.
- Tweaked warscore values for provinces of very small countries.
- Military alliances are no longer prevented from expiring if one of the members is fighting a solo war.
- Missionaries are now automatically cancelled if the country or the province converts during its course.
- Rebel-held provinces are now also subject to the normal monthly rebellion check.
- It now requires fewer attackers to maintain a siege when there is already a breach.
- War exhaustion now takes longer to recover during peacetime.
- Reduced trading post success chances across the board and made them dependent on _PROV_COLONY_BASE_YEAR_ also.
- If a province's culture is changed via a missionary and the owning country has a historical colony name defined for the province, the city name will now change. E.g. a successful missionary will change Tenochtitlan to Ciudad de Mexico.
- Tweaked province COT-spawning weights.
- Colony names are now of the form "New (city name)" rather than "New (province name)".
- Slightly decreased COT stagnation speed.
- Made a small optimization to the overseas penalty calculation.
- Made a small optimization to the revolt risk calculation.
- Optimized the game's daily update cycle when using a map that has fewer than the maximum number of provinces.
- Fixed a number of memory leaks.

Interface
- Added forts mapmode.
- Added population mapmode.
- Added supply mapmode.
- Added buildings mapmode.
- Added manpower mapmode.
- Added peace mapmode.
- Added area/region/continent mapmode.
- Added tooltip for different core types in political mapmode.
- Added tooltip showing unit weight vs. supply in all mapmodes that show units.
- Messages for new monarchs and new leaders now display the stats also.
- The battle window now displays the die rolls rather than the relative power levels.
- The province window now displays war exhaustion to one decimal place.
- Added tooltip for war exhaustion in province window.
- Added tooltip for manpower in province window.
- The treasury slider now displays a vertical bar at the 0% inflation level.
- The ledger comparison table now shows infrastructure and trade technology levels, not just efficiencies.
- Investment slider tooltips now show all of the effects of the next level.
- The stability slider now shows cost and investment information even when at max.
- The warscore tooltip now tells which provinces the enemy still controls if three or fewer.
- The tooltip on the war notifier now shows the current warscore with each enemy.
- The Expiring CB notifier no longer appears if the player is at war with the target country.
- Added a line break between province demands in peace dialogs.
- Moved building confirmation box into the province interface.
- Building mapmodes are now shown while a building confirmation is active.
- Hovering over the shields in the battle interface now shows the name and stats of the active leader.
- The naval battle interface now shows when warships are penalized for low wind in the sea zone.
- It is now possible to re-send colonists and traders directly from the success/failure dialog box.
- Updated the symbol for Confucianism.
- New Glory graphics for the minimap, the options screen, port blockades, and several others.
- Added Birger's Glory graphics set
- Added a graphics set for the French Empire and the relevant flag change commands.
- Disabled Classic and Enhanced shield sets, as they are no longer supported.
- Disabled Classic interface, as it is no longer supported.
- Re-added Birger's improved mini-map to the Glory interface.
- Added better graphics sets for Anjou (ANJ), Masovia (MAS) and Ulster (ULS)
- Added new graphics sets for Brunswick (BRU), Kipchaks (KIP) and Pomerelia (PRL)
- Added a graphics set for the Habsburg Empire and the relevant flag change commands
- Added/modified graphics for those religions which have been renamed.
- Added better shield sets (correct kingdom templates) for Desmond (DES) and Ulster (ULS).
- Capital cities are no longer forced to used city graphics of their owner's primary culture rather than the city's culture.
- Changed MONARCH to HEAD OF STATE and MONARCH (Emperor) to HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR in interface.csv (English and French)
- Added a Bourbon Spain graphics set and the relevant event (3173A) and scenario (1700/1773/1795) changes
- Fixed the flags for Algeria and Ramazan
- Added a Bourbon France graphics set and the relevant event and scenario (1617/1700/1773) changes
- Added a better flag for Cornwall (CNW)
- Added tooltips for country shields in the siege window and improved the existing tooltips in battles.
- Pirates are no longer displayed with enormous attrition (they're immune anyway).
- Added tooltip to the siege window when land tech is not high enough to assault.
- Added more informative tooltips to the peace negotiation screen.
- Added a tooltip to the Convert button in the religion screen if the player is at war.
- Colonist sprites now always take the same route that was used to calculate the colonization time.
- The go-to box (raised by pressing ? in game) can now find city names also, besides provinces and countries.
- The go-to box will now find the best partial match even if there is no exact match.
- Corrected manpower tooltip when nationalism or culture penalties are present.

Moddability
- The showid cheat now also displays the area, region, and continent of the current province.
- The cede_province and independence commands can now have random values.
- Country IDs are no longer forced to be alphabetic-only (U00 is legal again).
- It is now possible to use continents, regions, or areas in any province list in a country definition.
- Increased province limit to 10000, limited by defines.txt.
- Added "persistent = yes" for COTs, to prevent them from disappearing via stagnation.
- Added can_convert_culture flag for continent and region definitions.
- Added define for governor deflation.
- Added define for badboy gain via turbo-annexing.
- Added define for yearly badboy decrease.
- Added defines for base and minimum loan interest.
- Added defines for gold inflation threshold and multiplier.
- Added defines for colonization base chance and base year.
- Added defines for default leader values.
- Added triggers for number of diplomats, merchants, colonists, and missionaries. Syntax is "diplomats = <num>", etc.
- It is now possible to define individual monarchs with the "dynastic = no" qualifier to keep them from forming royal marriages while in power.
- Added union = { country = XXX country = YYY } trigger.
- Added define for capital population growth.
- Added "persistent = yes" qualifier for events. Events with this qualifier are not removed from the event pool when they fire until their deathdate has passed.
- Added trigger for testing whether a culture is accepted: culture = <name>.
- Added trigger for testing whether a country's capital is in the Holy Roman Empire: hre = <yes/no>.
- Added some defines for war score.
- Exported defines for navy support limit.
- Exported defines for default country relation values.
- Exported defines for base warscore value of a province.
- Added the countryname command to change the displayed name of a country.
- Added synonyms for -x values in event commands for easier reading. random = -1, capital = -2, last_random = -3, random_distinct = -4, random_not_capital = -5, emperor = -6, random_elector = -7, random_distinct_not_capital = 8, random_distinct_elector = -9.
- Added "where = continent/region/area" clause to restrict random province or country values to a specific continent, region, or area.
- The game now gives a warning when it reads an event with no actions, which usually means there is a misplaced "}".
- The game now prints a warning to mod_debug.txt when an event command attempts to trigger a nonexistent event.
- Added an "exploration TAG" cheat to let modders see what an AI country can see.
- Countries may now be marked "annexable = yes" in scenarios or in revolt.txt.
- Added informative error message when a COT in a scenario has merchants from a country which does not exist.
- Moved the maximum number of provinces in a COT into a define and increased the max number of COTs to an absurdly high number.
- Exported manufactory base prices to defines.
- Exported the warscore amount for a stab hit to defines.

Scenario/scripting
- Fixed region and tag errors in a number of AI files.
- Fine-tuned some triggers in randomreligiousevents.txt to refer to regions instead of continents.
- Added Adal and Kilwa as selectable nations in the 1617 scenario.
- Added some known provinces to Nubia in the 1617 scenario.
- Removed duplicate selectable entry for Champa in the 1700 scenario.
- Increased population of two Newfoundland provinces from 700 to 1000 in 1773 scenario.
- Removed a duplicate national province for Austria in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios.
- Imported events from AGCEEP for Tlemcen to turn into Al Djazair around 1510.
- Fixed Malacca's claimed provinces in the 1492 scenario.
- Added major_tun.txt
- Added can_convert_culture = no to Europe in geography.txt
- USA AI now targets native countries.
- SPA 1518 AI now targets Sonora.
- Dropped _LOOT_BASETAX_FACTOR_ from 2 to 0.5.
- Increased _PROV_MIN_COLONY_POP_ from 10 to 40.
- "Build a Great Palace" will no longer fire for USA.
- Reduced desert siege defender bonus from 2 to 1.
- Added USA to no_dynastic in religions_special.txt.
- Fixed some American city names in the 1795 scenario.
- Added officials to Italian minors in the 1795 scenario.
- Bumped a USA province (one of the 13 colonies) from 900 to 1000 in the 1795 scenario to remove natives.
- Added AI for Kurland during its colonization period.
- Switzerland is no longer an elector.
- Removed Switzerland and the Netherlands from the Empire in the 1700, 1773, and 1795 scenarios.
- The Treaty of Tordesillas can now fire as early as 1492 if Spain and Portugal are both active colonizers.
- ENG 3005, 3006, and 3007 no longer all fire in January 1485.
- Napoleon can now be deposed if rebels capture Paris.
- The French tricolor is now removed when Napoleon is deposed and re-added when he returns.
- Added a date so TIB 3825 will actually fire.
- Extended deathdates of some key Turkish events.
- Constantinople and Narva will now be renamed to Istanbul and St. Petersburg in the appropriate events.
- Poland's Turko-Polish Tensions events will now trigger their Turkish counterparts.
- Removed ORI and JAI from selectable countries in the 1617 scenario since they are not actually present.
- Buffed TUR's starting infra and land tech since they are only in the orthodox group.
- Kurland is now Protestant in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios.
- Moved HAB's army from Pfalz to Wurzburg in 1795 since they do not have military access through PFA.
- Added officials to Switzerland and Wurzburg in 1795.
- Increased Kentucky's population to 1000 in 1795 since it was already a state.
- Isabel and Fernando are now in a personal union.
- Adjusted CAS, ARG, and SPA events to work with the new Isabel & Fernando union setup.
- Re-fixed FRA's flag when Paris is taken and Napoleon is ousted.
- Added a date to HAB 3749, The Abdication of Charles V (alternate version), so it can now fire.
- Spain now gets until 1600 instead of 1560 to annex the Aztecs and get the New Reconquista event.
- Added sea adjacencies to Gibraltar and Zeeland, so a strong navy can defend them.
- Added Malta, Al-Djazair, Orania, Provence, Veneto, Holland, Cornwall, Wessex, and Kent as control_seazone provinces (increasing odds of naval interception when owned).
- Switzerland, Teutonic Order, and Livonian Order can no longer form royal marriages.
- Renamed the Shiite religion to Shi'a.
- Courland now has Baltic as an accepted culture in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios.
- Rebalanced France's OOB in the 1700 scenario and England's OOB in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios.
- Changed many events to add claim cores rather than national cores.
- Reworked events setup in the 1700 scenario to keep a barrage of events from firing immediately.
- Moved the 1700 scenario from January 1 to November 3, the day after Carlos's death.
- Made the Jayalirids Shi'a in 1419.
- Added Africa tech group at 40% of Latin speed.
- Added AI file for the Timurids.
- Rebalanced France's monarchs.
- Tags FLO and URB added in countries.csv
- Minor changes in french translations to fit correctly on the screen
- Added a trigger and a second option for KNI 3537 'The Great Carrack of Alexandria'
- Tweaked the TUR events (3364 & 3365) which fire in response to the above event.
- Changed the 'inherit' command to 'annex' in TUR 3371 'The Sultan become Caliph' as the annex command now works and it better represents the destruction of the Mamluk sultanate.
- Edited the original title of the event from 'Khalifa' to the more common Caliph.
- Fixed a number of geographical spelling errors using the validator, where 'asia' and 'europe' should have been 'Asia and 'Europe' (which they are in geography.txt)
- Fixed an error in major_pol.txt where one instance of 'POl' should have been 'POL'
- Added a flag name command for POL 3475 'The Act of Union'
- Added the new revolt/country setup
- Added an updated Fantasia scenario.
- Added Bologna, Florence, Jalayirids, Morea and Naxos to the 1419 scenario.
- Removed Croatia from the 1419 scenario.
- Removed incorrect/obsolete tags from the 1419 scenario (ie IRA, PAR, PIS, THU, TOS).
- Expanded Brabant to own Holland, Zeeland and Artois in the 1419 scenario (instead of Burgundy owning them); Brabant is a vassal of Burgundy anyway, and they will inherit them by event. Burgundy only owned Flanders at this point.
- Replaced Brittany with Brabant in England's HYW alliance/war. Brittany remains an English vassal with -100 relations, which better represents their relative neutrality during the HYW as well as their historical ties to England.
- Added army names for PER, TIM and USA.
- Expanded army names for ENG, FRA, HAB, MER, RUS and TUR.
- Removed references to obsolete tags in AYU and ENG event files.
- Tweaked a few event files to fit new/changed tags (some are now dummy files for the moment).
- Updated the AI files with new/removed tags.
- Given the Timurids their own AI file in the 1419 scenario.
- Removed leaders from obsolete tags.
- Moved Catalonia's expiry date forward to 1821, so it can continue to revolt against Spain historically.
- Moved Sikh Empire's expiry date back to 1492, as it has events and monarchs from this era.
- Moved Thuringia's expiry date back to 1550 to match Franconia and Swabia (the other medieval German stem duchies).
- Added improved monarch files for ENG, FRA, SCO and SPA.
- Removed individual 'The Crown of France' events from French minors (to be replaced by a single event in a new file)
- Moved flavor_tos.txt events to a new file, flavor_flo.txt (as they should be for Florence)
- Moved major_thu.txt events to a new file, major_wrz.txt (as they should be for Würzburg)
- Made a few obsolete/changed tags' event files into dummy files and removed them from events.txt
- Removed Artois and Flanders from the Holy Roman Empire. They can be added back in specific scenarios, but both were de jure part of the French crown in 1419.
- Edited 'The Return of Napoleon' event to be slept if option B is chosen in 'The Empire of France' (i.e. just to make sure Emperor Napoleon can not 'return' if he was never crowned to begin with)
- Added Krain and Mantua to the Holy Roman Empire.
- Removed Artois and Flanders as imperial electors.
- Added Celje, Mantua and Verona as imperial electors.
- Fixed cores/claims for Austria, Croatia, Hungary and Styria.
- Changed Parma's colour.
- Corrected instances of obsolete monarch IDs in major_spa.txt
- Corrected instances of obsolete monarch IDs in major_sco.txt
- Corrected a few event dates in major_sco.txt
- Added a dormant duplicate of James VIII to succeed Anne should Scotland be independent in 1714
- Changed James II's stats in monarchs_eng.txt to match James VIII's in monarchs_sco.txt (they're the same person).
- Corrected the start dates of Council of State and Oliver Cromwell.
- Changed THU to WRZ and several instances of TOS to FLO in the event files.
- Added Roman Empire (BYZ) as a revolter until 1492.
- Given Roman Empire (BYZ) and Latin Empire (LTN) sensible claims on Anatolia and the Mediterranean alongside their core on Thrace.
- Given France (FRA) cores on Artois and Flanders.
- Revised cores for Franconia (FRC), Swabia (SWA) and Thuringia (THU) and moved their expiry dates back to 1492.
- Revised cores for Austria (HAB) as it should have claims on Istria and Krain.
- Given Hanover (HAN) a claim on Bremen.
- Changed some country colours.
- Given Carniola (KRN) a claim on Istria.
- Changed Kosovo from a claim to a core for Serbia (SER).
- Finalised cores/claims for Lithuania (LIT), Moscow (MOS), Novgorod (NVG), Pskov (PSK), Russia (RUS), Ryazan (RYA), Vladimir-Suzdal (SUZ), Tver (TVE) and Yaroslavl (YRL).
- Added army names for BRI, BUR and GUY.
- Added monarch and leader files for the Jalayirids (JAY).
- Added monarch files for Shirvan (SHI) and Siena (SIE).
- Added monarch files for Bologna (BOL) and Pisa (PIS).
- Added an improved monarch file for the Netherlands (HOL). (Tested for duplicate IDs)
- Added a trigger to HOL 3515 'The Revolution in Holland' and some new wake/sleep monarch commands and revolt risk.
- Added changes for native cultures in the Americas
- Renamed Gaelic culture to celtic
- Fixed extra bracket issue in major_spa.txt
- Removed an event for Greece (GRE) to restore Byzantium in major_gre.txt
- Removed a province culture change command in major_hab.txt
- Fixed a province culture change command in major_tur.txt
- Edited the trigger of TUR 3353 'The City of Men's Desire' to own all three affected provinces (which will almost always be the case anyway).
- Fixed the issue of an obsolete monarch ID being used in the trigger of 'The Restoration of the French Monarchy' events for HAB, PRU and RUS (already fixed for SPA and will be fixed in ENG when I upload their new file).
- Lots of changes (mainly tweaks and fixes) to the 1419 scenario, including...
- Split Ireland (EIR) into Connacht (CON), Desmond (DES), Leinster (LEI) and Ulster (ULS).
- Added Ulster (ULS) as a vassal of England (ENG)
- Removed the Nogai Horde (NOG) - they should not exist yet but will appear when the Golden Horde (STE) fragments.
- Added Shirvan (SHI).
- Added Yaroslavl (YRL).
- Given Istria to Venice (VEN) as it represents the coastal part of the province, which Venice had ruled since at least the 1200s. It is now Dalmatia that has been conquered from Hungary (HUN), which is in fact more accurate.
- Given Krain (367) to Austria (HAB) as it represents Carniola and the region was never part of the kingdom of Hungary.
- Given the Ak Koyunlu (AKK), Kara Koyunlu (QAR), Mamluks (MAM), Timurid Empire (TIM) and Golden Horde (STE) more sensible cores/claims so as to better guide their historic expansion and collapse.
- Tweaked relations between the Latin/Crusader and Byzantine states (ATH/CYP/KNI/NAX - BYZ/MRE/TRE).
- Changed Armenia Minor (AMI) from Orthodox to Muslim tech group.
- Changed Chagatai (CHG) from Pagan to Muslim tech group.
- Added Provence's (PRO) claims on Sicily and Malta in the 1419 scenario and its entry in revolt.txt
- Added Italian as an accepted culture for Provence (PRO).
- Removed Mongol as an accepted culture for the Golden Horde (STE) and Sibir (SIB).
- Tweaked some other accepted cultures such as Athens (ATH) being Italian instead of French and Brittany's (BRI) primary culture being French instead of Celtic.
- Edited cores/claims for many (mainly European at this stage) states according to revolt.txt
- Changed Cornwall (250) to Celtic.
- Changed Odenburg (352) to Magyar.
- Changed Uralsk (455) and Orenburg (456) to Mongol.
- Changed Qandahar (1525) to Afghani.
- Fixed Ionia's (479) city co-ordinates as they had been previously misplaced (special thanks to Therion).
- Removed Tuareg and changed the provinces in question Berber.
- Removed Arabic as an accepted culture for the Ottoman Empire (TUR) in the 1419 scenario; it is now added with event 3371 'The Sultan becomes Caliph'
- Changed a relations boost with Algeria (ALD) to Tlemcen (TLE) in the above event.
- Changed Georgia's colour in cultures.txt
- Rebalanced plenty of cores and claims across the 1419 scenario and event files (primarily BUR/FRA/HAB/HUN/LAT/VEN).
- Moved some events from major_hun.txt to their correct files.
- Edited some events in major_tur.txt dealing with 18th century Egypt to use the EGY tag instead of MAM.
- Added Aragon's (ARG) claims on Sicily, Sardinia and Malta to their entry in revolt.txt
- Changed Poitou and Guyenne from claims to cores for Guyenne (GUY) in revolt.txt
- Changed Castile's (CAS) capital to Toledo (439) and Aragon's (ARG) to Aragon (430).
- Rebalanced some fortress levels.
- Removed Prussia (PRU) as it did not yet exist. It is later released by event anyway.
- Changed the Teutonic Order's (LAT) capital to Prussia (290).
- Added Ragusa (RAG) as a vassal of Hungary (HUN).
- Added Shirvan as a vassal of the Kara Koyunlu (QAR).
- Removed the Jalayirids (JAY) as a vassal of the Kara Koyunlu (QAR).
- Reduced the Jalayirids' (JAY cores on their surrounding provinces to claims.
- Added an alliance between the Ak Koyunlu (AKK) and Ramazan (RAM).
- Added an alliance between the Mamluks (MAM) and Dulkadir (DUL).
- Given Armenia to the Kara Koyunlu (QAR) and removed its fortress.
- Reduced Georgia's (GEO) core on Armenia to a claim.
- Reduced Bosnia (BOS) and Serbia's (SER) surrounding cores to claims.
- Added -200 relations between the Golden Horde (STE) and Timurid Empire (TIM) / Uzbeks (UZB) to make alliances between them much less likely.
- Given several countries less generic starting army/navy names.
- Austria (HAB) now begins with only German culture in the 1419 scenario; it gains Czech with events 3178/3733 'The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia' and Magyar/Slovak with events 3184/3185 'The Habsburg Inheritance of Hungary'
- Changed Podlasia (292), Friesen (337) and Mantua (390) to marsh terrain type in provinces.txt
- Fixed a large number of depreciation and trigger errors using the validator
- Added removecore_national commands to GEN 3707/3708/3709/3710 'The Sale of Corsica'
- Renamed a leftover instance of an incorrect event file (major_col.txt instead of major_kol.txt)
- Event 15000 (fall of Khmer Empire) added to localisation/english/events.csv and translation done in localisation/french/events.csv
- Added an improved version of provinces.csv (more accurate city names for later periods will be applied via individual scenario files)
- Added up-to-date versions of countries.csv in both English and French
- Added an 'AvocadoGreen' entry to colorscales_religions.txt
- Changed the colour of Shi'a Islam in religions.txt to 'AvocadoGreen' (so as to better distinguish it from Sunni Islam)
- Added Arles (ARL) and Italy (ITA) to the election_bonus section of religions_special.txt
- Added a number of republics and the Caliphate (CAL) to the no_dynastic section of religions_special.txt
- Added a monarch file for Brunswick (BRU)
- Added a new monarch file for Hanover (HAN)
- Added event files for Bologna (BOL), Brunswick (BRU) and the Khmer Empire (KHM)
- Added a new leader file for England (ENG) with shorter leader names (f.e. Clarence instead of Duke of Clarence) and new leaders for Edward IV, Richard III and Gloucester (Richard III before he became king).
- Added improved event database - all files have been edited for new/changed tags, religions, cultures and tech groups; some events have been modified (improved triggers) and a handful of others removed.
- Changed ANGLOSAXON to ENGLISH and ROMANIAN to VLACH in cultures.txt, provinces.txt and cultures.csv (English and French)
- Corrected a couple of relevant culture change commands in major_eng.txt and major_usa.txt
- Added a few more control_seazone entries in provinces_special.txt
- Tweaked Brittany's capital and primary culture in the 1419 scenario
- Changed the colours of Mon and Scotland in countries.txt
- Changed the colour of swiss culture in cultures.txt
- Cambodia can no longer revolt from the Khmer Empire
- Tweaked cores/claims for a few countries in the 1419 scenario
- Removed persian as an accepted culture for the Timurids
- Removed italian as an accepted culture for Provence
- The Timurids and Mamluks now start with 25% inflation
- Given the Manchu a few claims on the Ming border to help simulate border wars and reduce the chances of a long-term alliance (they get their full set of claims later on by event)
- Changed the Manchu capital in revolt.txt
- Fixed a bug where China accidentally had a Central Asian province (1533) as a core
- Fixed a bug where the Baltic CoT was being unsuccessfully removed from the wrong province by event, resulting in two CoTs in the same area
- Changed the colour of Siak in countries.txt
- Moved The Canary Islands (817) and Awdaghost (1487) to the 'Mauritania' map area in provinces.txt
- Tweaked cores/claims for a few countries in revolt.txt
- Removed Byzantium as a revolter
- Fars will now revolt as Shi'a instead of Sunni
- Lowered relations between China and Manchu to -150 in the 1419 scenario
- Portugal now controls Tangiers (732) in the 1419 scenario
- Added a starting army for Songhai in the 1419 scenario
- Changed Finland's starting culture to ugric in revolt.txt
- Changed Brittany's starting culture to french in revolt.txt
- Changed Scotland's starting culture to english in revolt.txt
- Changed Lothian (238) and Strathclyde (239) to english culture in provinces.txt
- Changed Armor (414) and Morbihan (416) to french culture in provinces.txt
- Removed slovak as an accepted culture for Bohemia
- Re-added persian as an accepted culture for the Timurids
- Tweaked an event in major_eng.txt changing Lothian and Strathclyde to english culture
- Updated numerous examples of religion names not being capitalised in event text (English)
- Adjusted province population across East Africa and Persia in the 1419 scenario
- Tweaked a few events dealing with the creation and destruction of CoTs
- Added a war between Mali and Songhai in the 1419 scenario
- Removed arab as an accepted culture for Granada
- Added Monophysitism as a separate religion split from Orthodoxy
- Added monophysite entries to each relevant section of global_flags.txt and religions.txt
- Added the relevant entries to religions.csv (English and French)
- Added monophysite.bmp to the Gfx/Religions folder
- Tweaked the 1419 scenario so the appropriate states are now monophysite rather than orthodox
- Tweaked provinces.txt so the appropriate provinces are now monophysite rather than orthodox
- Tweaked revolt.txt so the appropriate states will now revolt as monophysite rather than orthodox
- Added a LightYellow entry to colorscales_religions.txt for Monophysitism
- Kievan Rus' principalities will now use RUS army sprites and picture_rus.bmp regardless of starting culture
- Replaced all examples of Moslem with Muslim in countries.csv and events.csv (English)
- Added monophysite alongside orthodox to the relevant triggers in randomevents.txt
- Improved the names of a few conversion events in randomreligiousevents.txt
- Tweaked Tangiers' leader_language and new_colony entries to SPA in countries.txt
- Added some missing event text for event 3607 in events.csv (English)
- Corrected a few tags in 1492 - The Age of Exploration.eeg
- Corrected LAT having a second capital in the 1492 scenario
- Tweaked the 1492 - 1795 scenario files, adding a number of HRE and culture changes/fixes
- Added new_events.txt and the relevant text in events.csv (English)
- Added major_nav.txt and the relevant text in events.csv (English)
- Tweaked Byzantium's claims in the 1419 scenario
- Forming Romagna with event 15004 now grants a core on Marche (392)
- Events 15003 and 15004 now have their innovation slider moves swapped
- Tweaked the Fantasia scenario
- Navarra no longer begins with French as an accepted culture but can instead gain it by event
- Added Shirvan to the 1492 scenario
- Added Courland and Transylvania to the 1700 scenario
- Added Hanover to the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added events for the formation of Russia and Kievan Rus' to new_events.txt
- Removed the old 'Empire of Russia' event from those files which previously had it
- Added a 'countrysize' trigger to some of the new formation events
- Added text for events 25003 and 25004 to events.csv (English)
- General scenario improvements and core/claim standardisation
- Added text for some new events (French)
- TUR 3353 "The City of Men's Desire" now renames Constantinople to Istanbul if the capital is moved.
- Tweaked Chagatai's capital to correlate with its move in event 3831 'The City on the Silk Road' and added a few claims to that event and for Chagatai in the 1700 scenario
- Removed England's vassalisation of Hanover in the 1700 scenario because it actually occurs later on by event
- Renamed Sikh Empire to Kashmir
- Kabul and Khorasan will now revolt with uyghur culture and the Timurid AI file
- Mughal Empire will now revolt with persian culture
- Persia will now revolt with claims on a few provinces in and around Kurdistan
- Persia now has persian and turkish culture in the 1617, 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Mughal Empire now has persian, pashtun and hindi culture in the 1617, 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Kabul, Khorasan and Timurid Empire now all have -3 stability and the Timurid AI file in the 1492 scenario
- Standardised a load more cultures/claims for numerous states across all scenarios
- Upgraded a few forts in Baluchistan and Afghanistan to represent the mountain fortresses in those regions
- Moved Afghanistan's capital to Kandahar (1525) in the 1773 scenario as it had not yet moved to Kabul
- Removed Genoa's core on Corsica (398) after it's been sold to France
- Fixed Persia having fewer known provinces in the 1795 scenario than in the 1773 scenario
- Slightly upped Persia's land and naval levels in the 1795 scenario so as to be more in line with their neighbours
- Tweaked a few army names so as to make them less generic
- Added a load of new army, navy and leader names and applied the latter in countries.txt accordingly
- Corrected a couple of old bugs in leadernames.txt whereby DEL/DLH and MAL/MLC had one another's leader names
- Edited a couple of events in major_tle.txt to add Kabylia (738) as a core for Tlemcen should it form Algeria
- Standardised some more cores and claims across the scenarios
- Added Mecklenburg to the 1773 and 1795 scenarios as a vassal of Prussia
- Transferred the King's Own German Legion from HAN to ENG in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Removed turkish as an accepted culture for Persia in the 1617, 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Edited event 3524 'The Kingdom of Prussia' to rename Brandenburg to Berlin-Cölln and use the new -9 command for random distinct electors
- Renamed Brandenburg to Berlin-Cölln in the 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Renamed Pozsony to Bratislava in the 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Renamed Constantinople to Istanbul in the 1492 scenario
- Russia now gets a claim on Belgorod (450) with event 3904 'Russian claims in the East' instead of having to wait until the Partition of Poland events
- Added Belgorod (450) as a core for Russia in the 1617 and 1700 scenarios
- Algeria will now revolt with berber culture
- Standardised a load more cores and claims across all scenarios
- Added a more accurate setup in Ireland in the 1492 scenario
- England now has tax collectors in most of its mainland provinces in the 1492 scenario (because they're given by an event which fires before 1492)
- Removed several unused scenario files
- Kilwa is now Shi'a in the 1492, 1617, 1700 and 1773 scenarios
- Removed the Order of St. John's core on Malta (819) in the 1492 scenario because they haven't received it by event yet
- Removed Spain's shipyard in Andalusia (443) in the 1492 scenario because they haven't received it by event yet
- Added some forts to Ireland in the 1617 scenario
- Removed a load of unnecessary city names across all scenarios
- Added Münster to the 1700 scenario
- Raised the population and lowered the fort level in Lappland (260) in the 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Slightly increased the size of a Swedish army in Kurland (283) in the 1700 scenario so it may besiege that province
- Increased the sizes of Switzerland's forts in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Tweaked the population and fort levels of France's Canadian colonies in the 1700 scenario
- Tweaked the population and fort levels for a couple of Afghan provinces in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added a L1 fort to Fort William Henry (USA) in the 1773 scenario
- Fixed an old bug whereby the city names for Dover and Portsmouth were the wrong way round in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Burgundy now gets claims on Friesland (337) and Guelders (338) with event 3894 'The Treaty of Arras'
- Austria and France no longer get a core or claim on Parma (402) with the 'Inheritance of Milan' events
- Austria and Spain now lose their cores on the entire Burgundian inheritance (Lowlands and Franche-Comté) with the 'The Dutch Revolt is successful' events
- Reworked the Burgundian inheritance and 'The Abdication of Charles V' event sequences to better manage core adding/removing
- Event 3607 'The Succession in Provence' now gives Provence a relations boost with whoever it chooses to vassalise it
- Event 3156 'The Knights of St. John of Jerusalem' now removes Spain's core on Malta (819) if it is ceded to the Knights
- Spain no longer gets a core or claim on Malta (819) once it's been given to the Knights
- Event 3172 'France opens Chambers of Reunion' now cedes all of the relevant provinces claimed by France
- Kilwa will now revolt as Sunni and is once again Sunni in all scenarios
- Moved Brittany's capital to Rennes in the 1492 scenario, raised its fort to L2 and added a name for its army (it was blank)
- Reworked Austria's and Spain's cores/claims across all scenarios to correlate with their event changes
- Removed a few more superfluous city names
- Castile and Spain now correctly have a claim on The Canary Islands (817) in revolt.txt and a core in all relevant scenarios
- Fixed cultures in the tutorials
- Added Monophysite to the Catholic, Hussite, Protestant and Reformed restricted lists and viceversa
- Added Sunni and Shia to the Buddhist, Hindu, Confucian, and Shinto restricted lists and viceversa
- Added Eastern Sunni and Eastern Shia to the Confucian and Shinto restricted lists and viceversa
- Removed the Monophysite tolerance slider for Catholic, Hussite, Protestant, Reformed and Orthodox
- Removed the Hussite tolerance slider for Protestant and Reformed
- Removed the Muslim tolerance slider for Hussite, Protestant and Reformed
- Removed the Orthodox tolerance slider for Hussite, Protestant and Reformed
- Removed the Orthodox tolerance slider for Catholic after the Reformation
- Grouped Catholic, Hussite, Protestant, Reformed and Orthodox as 'Chalcedonian' for Monophysite
- Grouped Catholic, Hussite, Protestant, Reformed, Orthodox and Monophysite as 'Christian' for Sunni and Shi'a
- Grouped Catholic, Hussite, Protestant, Reformed as 'Latin Christian' for Orthodox
- Grouped Hussite, Protestant and Reformed as 'Heretic' for Catholic
- Grouped Sikh with Hindu for Hindu and Buddhist
- Introduced "hidden" religion - "eastern_sunni" (defined as Sunni) - for use by Eastern Sunni states
- Introduced "hidden" religion - "eastern_shia" (defined as Shi'a) - for use by Eastern Shi'a states
- Changed the state religion of all the Sunni states east of Persia to eastern_sunni
- Changed the state religion of all the Shi'a states east of Persia to eastern_shia
- Made Eastern Sunni and Hindu religious enemies
- Made Eastern Sunni and Sikh religious enemies
- Made Eastern Shi'a and Hindu religious enemies
- Made Eastern Shi'a and Sikh religious enemies
- Grouped Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist as 'Dharmic' for Eastern Sunni, Eastern Shi'a, and Confucian
- Amended default tolerance levels
- Slightly improved the Anglo-French colonial setup in the 1700 scenario
- France now has knowledge of Bermuda (1568) and The Bahamas (1569) in the 1700 scenario
- Merged hawaiian culture into polynesian
- Tweaked Meath's (233) port icon coordinates so it doesn't cover that province's capital icon
- Fixed France not having a core on Champagne (376) in the 1617 scenario
- Fixed Lorraine having a core on Alsace (374) in the 1617 scenario
- Event 3305 'The Mercantile Reforms of Christian VI' now grants a shipyard in province 307
- Event 3506 'Veerinigte Westindische Companie' now grants a shipyard in province 340
- Event 3423 'Peter the Great and the Army Reform' -- instead of a conscription centre or shipyard (depending on the action chosen) being granted in a random province, they are now both granted in province 275 once event 3424 'St. Petersburg' fires
- Added a few more republics and theocracies to the 'no_dynastic' section of religions_special.txt
- Standardised shipyard placement across all scenarios to correlate with those events which hand them out (such as those above) and the general rise and fall of the Great Powers
- Ottoman Empire now have cores on Arabia, Iraq and Kaffa/Kerch in all scenarios
- Tidied up the .eeg files and removed some more unused scenario files
- Tweaked a few navy names and placements
- Krain (367) is now owned by Austria instead of Hungary in the 1492 scenario
- Constantinople should now be called Istanbul in all post-1419 scenarios
- Betancuria should now be called Las Palmas in all post-1419 scenarios
- Dole should now be called Besançon in all post-1700 scenarios
- Sarai Batu should now be called Tsaritsyn in all post-1617 scenarios
- Tura-Tau should now be called Ufa in all post-1617 scenarios
- Tweaked a few colony names and populations in the later scenarios
- Lima is now in the correct province in the 1700 scenario
- Given the Netherlands a starting army in the 1795 scenario
- Added a fort to Apulia (394) in the 1700 scenario
- Updated revolt.txt to take into account Muslim split
- Updated provincespec.txt, randomevents.txt, and randomreligiousevents.txt to take into account Muslim split
- Removed the port from Jedisan (296)
- Added a port to Languedoc (422)
- Renamed Havana to Habana in the 1617 scenario
- Ottoman Empire now correctly has a shipyard in the 1617 scenario
- Fixed a few non-owned colonial provinces being iberian in the 1700 scenario
- Edited event 3540 'Spain gives Malta to the Order' to rename Mdina to Valletta
- Renamed Crimea's capital to Bagçasaray in the 1617, 1700 and 1773 scenarios
- Order of St. John's capital should now correctly be renamed Valletta in the 1700 scenario
- Mdina is now renamed to Valletta with event 3541 'Jean Parisot de la Valette', which now fires only if the Order of St John actually own Malta
- Replaced the 1700 scenario file (now a dummy file) with a 1701 version and changed the start date to January 1st, 1701
- Modified the 1700 scenario to take into account the post-Narva GNW setup
- Added a few tweaks and balance changes to the 1700 scenario
- Spain now has its shipyard back in the 1617 scenario (primarily for the colonists boost)
- Improved/shortened a number of leader names for HAB and HOL
- Added a better monarch file for HAB
- Changed leader 09260 'York' to 'James II' as it appears to represent him; he is now dormant and can be woken alongside 09344 'Berwick' (his son) with any ENG events which restore the Stuarts to the throne
- The English Civil War leaders are now all dormant by default and will be woken with event 3025 'The English Civil War' depending on which action is selected
- 'Prince Rupert' and 'Monck' should no longer appear as both an admiral and general simultaneously
- Created a duplicate of 'Napoleon I' named 'Bonaparte' as a non-dormant leader for FRA; 'Napoleon I' is now dormant and will be woken in place of 'Bonaparte' with event 3149 'The Empire of France'
- Added 'GBR' and 'PLI' name tags to countries.csv (English and French)
- Changed ENG's name to Great Britain in the 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Changed POL's name to Poland-Lithuania in the 1617, 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- ENG and POL will now change to the above names with their respective Act of Union events
- HAB/SPA now get cores/claims on the full duchy of Burgundy (provinces 386, 387 and 409) in the 1492 scenario and relevant events
- Added improved monarch files for BUR and HAI
- Added an improved leader file for BUR
- Added a leader file for HAI
- Shortened some more names in leaders_fra.txt
- Fixed Ferdinand I mistakenly being dormant in monarchs_hab.txt
- Reworked 'The Marriage of Mary of Burgundy' sequence to provide more options/consequences and a more realistic independent route for BUR should a human player wish to continue their game
- Re-written the event text for the two 'The Marriage of Mary of Burgundy' events (English)
- BUR will now lose dutch culture and its cores on the Netherlands (provinces 337, 338, 339 and 340) with event #3819 'The Dutch Revolt is successful!'
- FRA will now lose its cores on the Netherlands (provinces 337, 338, 339 and 340) with event #3816 'The Dutch Revolt is successful!'
- Any events which wake the military leader Berwick (09344) for ENG will also sleep him as Fitz-James (09022) for FRA
- Selecting action B in event #3038 'The Hanoverian Succession' will now destroy ENG's relations with HAN
- SPA will now become a vassal of either FRA or HAB in 1700, depending on who succeeds Carlos II as king
- MacDonald (09345 - ENG) is now dormant in leaders_eng.txt and will be woken alongside Berwick (09344 - ENG) in the relevant Stuart events for ENG
- MacDonald (09134 - FRA) will be slept alongside Fitz-James (09022 - FRA) in the same events referenced above
- SPA should now correctly have -200 relations with HES in the 1701 scenario
- Added a couple of names in armynames.txt
- Added/reordered a few names in navynames.txt
- Renamed a number of armies and navies for FRA and HOL across all scenarios
- Zeeland (340) now has a L5 fort in the 1701 scenario
- Added a second army for HOL in the 1701 scenario and moved their existing second fleet to the East Indies
- Slightly buffed ENG's main army in the 1701 scenario so Marlborough can pose more of a threat and is less likely to be wiped out early on
- Shortened a number of leader names across several files (so they fit in the box)
- Added and tweaked a number of names in colonynames.txt
- Added a small 2% growth modifier for capital cities in defines.txt
- Added straits for the Saint Lawrence River and Mekong Delta in adj_defs.txt
- Revised and improved the colonial setup for ENG/FRA/HOL/SPA across all scenarios
- Corrected a number of colonial city names across all scenarios
- Tweaked a number of colonial fortress levels across all scenarios
- HOL's colonies in Sri Lanka are now proper cities and not just TPs in the 1617 scenario (as in all other scenarios)
- HOL's colonies in Indonesia are now proper cities and not just TPs in the post-1617 scenarios
- ENG no longer owns Barbados in the 1617 scenario
- ENG no longer owns Tobago & Trinidad in the 1701 scenario (given to SPA)
- FRA no longer owns Tobago & Trinidad in the 1795 scenario (given to SPA)
- HOL no longer owns Fernando Po in the 1701 scenario (given to POR)
- SPA no longer owns Belize in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios (given to ENG)
- Added another army for FRA in the 1701 scenario to help the AI fight more effectively on several fronts
- Slightly nerfed HOL's main army in the 1701 scenario to balance the fact they will usually be reinforced by PRU and HAN
- SAC now has military access through PRU in the 1701 scenario, so it can send armies to help POL
- SAV no longer grants military access to FRA and SPA in the 1701 scenario
- Merged the two anti-Bourbon alliances back into a single Grand Alliance (so they won't invite other countries)
- Added GEN and KNI back into the Bourbon Alliance (so they won't invite other countries)
- The province of Indus is now correctly a major city and not a colony of 300 people in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Corrected a number of bizarre (and ancient) known province issues, such as ENG not knowing where Iceland is in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- HAN should now correctly have +200 relations with ENG in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Cleaned up provinces.txt using the geographic map mode
- Added an oceania natives tag to geography.txt so Australasian natives can now look more like black Africans than Indians
- Switched the oceania natives tag to use BAN rather than MOG sprites in natives.txt
- Switched the japan natives tag to use NIP rather than CHI sprites in natives.txt
- Tweaked the entries for LOU and USA in revolt.txt
- Tweaked relations between a few countries involved in the Great Northern War in the 1701 scenario
- ENG now has 0 stability in the 1773 scenario, down from +3
- Tweaked USA cores in the 1773/1795 scenarios and major_usa.txt
- USA now gets its cores on the Louisiana and Florida territories as a result of those events
- Buffed HAI somewhat in the 1795 scenario and given them a better army name
- Moved one of PRU's armies from a non-allied/accessible province in the 1795 scenario (probably a leftover from 1773?)
- Removed PRU's vassalage of SAC in the 1795 scenario as it is set to end in 1782 and will notify the player as such at the start of the game
- Tweaked the entries for FIN and SWE in revolt.txt
- Given VEN a claim/core on Mantua (390) in all scenarios
- Given FRA a claim on Franche-Comté in the 1492 and 1617 scenarios (as they should get one when Burgundy is partitioned)
- Tweaked population and fortress levels for Thrace in all scenarios
- Removed SCO's claim on Northumberland in the 1617 scenario (as it will continually degrade relations with ENG)
- Moved CRI's capital to the correct province in the 1773 scenario
- Renamed Franche Comté to Franche-Comté in provinces.csv (English)
- Added army names for HAI and LOU in armynames.txt
- Slept the remaining 'The Repatriation of the Netherlands' events in the post-1617 scenarios
- Added a colonial AI and corresponding file switching events for SCO
- Added and corrected a few army names for HAB and SWE in armynames.txt
- Added and corrected a few navy names for SPA and SWE in navynames.txt
- Re-added SCO's claim on Northumberland in the 1617 scenario and added it to SCO's entry in revolt.txt
- Removed a load of permanent CBs in the scenario files as most of them are handled by cores/claims anyway
- Added a leader file for BRU (duplicates of HAN)
- Revamped the Wars of the Roses and English Civil War leaders and corresponding events for ENG
- Rewritten the leader file for SCO - more leaders with better dates and notes
- Added a duplicate Napoléon I leader for the Hundred Days; the default Napoléon is now slept with the Restauration events
- Removed a duplicate Gilles de Rais leader; we no longer need two because the wake and sleep commands work properly
- Added de Buchan as a starting leader for FRA (so they at least have a chance)
- Tweaked a few miscellaneous leader stats and IDs
- Danzig is now geographically part of the 'Baltic' area in provinces.txt
- Removed natives and their effects from provinces 506, 507, 509 and 756 in provinces.txt
- Added POR to the 'religious_cb' section of religions_special.txt to make them more aggressive in Africa and East Asia
- Improved a number of army and navy names for HAB, SPA and SWE across all scenarios
- The Wars of the Roses and English Civil War should now produce more revolts
- Event 3084 'Major Road Constructions in the Highlands' can now convert the Grampians and Highlands to english culture
- FRA now has -200 relations with HAB and SPA in the 1617 scenario, down from -100
- HOL and POR now refuse trade against each other in the 1617 scenario
- HOL and SPA now start with a truce in the 1617 scenario
- SCO now starts with a smaller army but a slightly larger navy and some colonists in the 1617 scenario
- SPA now starts with a L1 fort in Tobago & Trinidad in the 1617 scenario (to help against very aggressive natives)
- Removed a couple of superfluous city names
- SWE/SHL and DAN now start with a truce in the 1701 scenario (DAN was knocked out of the GNW in 1700)
- Nerfed the Army of the Hudson in the 1773 scenario, giving ENG and USA (more or less) numerical parity at the start
- Slightly buffed FRA's forts in Haiti in the 1773 scenario
- Tweaked a few leaders for SCO
- Improved/shortened a number of leader names for SWE
- Added Alexander and David Leslie as leaders for SWE
- Event 3007 'Court of the Star Chamber' is no longer slept for ENG in the 1492 scenario
- ENG now starts with a L1 fort in Chesapeake in the 1617 scenario (as two colonial forts are granted with event 3343)
- ENG now starts with a L1 fort in Bermuda in the 1617, 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios (see above comment)
- HOL now starts with a L1 fort in Manhattan in the 1617 scenario (just to give the Dutch colonial AI a bit of a boost)
- Improved a number of AI files; in particular ENG should now try to conquer Ireland during the 16th century and FRA will be more aggressive towards the Dutch and Habsburgs during the 17th century.
- Tweaked armynames.txt, navynames.txt and colonynames.txt
- The Wars of Religion and Fronde should now produce more revolts
- Tweaked a few leaders for HAB
- Added a couple of explorers for SCO so as to take advantage of their colonial AI file
- Fixed a load of miscellaneous scenario stuff
- Tweaked a load of army, navy and colony names across all scenarios
- Rebalanced some diplomacy and forts in the 1492 scenario
- Improved the colonial setup for POR across all scenarios
- Added missing diplomacy for MUN in the 1617 scenario
- SPA now owns Montevideo in the 1700 scenario (they do in the others, but for some reason it was always missing here)
- Timor and Flores should now be Sunni in 1700, 1773 and 1795
- The leader Maximilien (09896) is now dormant, and only woken if BUR is not annexed by event
- Given POR a slighter larger navy in the 1617 scenario
- Tweaked the ranks of a few of Louis XIV's marshals in leaders_fra.txt
- Removed natives and their effects from province 505 in provinces.txt
- Buffed HEL in all scenarios and gave their starting army a better name
- Calais now has a tax collector and courthouse in the 1773 scenario
- Moved the CoT in Brazil from province 211 to province 210 in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added some colony names for SCO in colonynames.txt
- Tweaked some revolt risk and stab hits for ENG in major_eng.txt
- Tweaked the ranks for Blake and Berwick in leaders_eng.txt
- Given Alexander an earlier death date in leaders_sco.txt
- Shortened the names of a number of leaders in leaders_usa.txt
- Upped the fort levels of ENG's Channel coast provinces in the 1617, 1700, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Tweaked a few forts for USA in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added some corrections to colonynames.txt
- Renamed all instances of Navaho to Navajo
- Event 3704 'The Closure of China' will now only grant a (second Chinese) CoT in Guangzhou (658) with action C
- Event 3278 'An earthquake destroys Lisbon' will now grant a CoT in Salvador (209) and remove the CoT in Tago (441)
- Event 3406 'Russian claims on the Steppes' will now grant a CoT in Astrakhan (457)
- Event 3153 'The Trade Centre of Seville' will now also remove the CoT in Liguria (403)
- Kola and Karelia are now geographically part of the 'Russia' area in provinces.txt
- Standardised and much improved the CoT setup across all scenarios (they're now consistent!)
- Given FRA military access through both SAV and SPA in the 1701 scenario
- Given SPA military access through both SAV and FRA in the 1701 scenario
- Given HAB a small fleet in the 1701 scenario so they can try to capture SPA's Italian provinces (which they ought to)
- Changed a few former French colonies to english culture in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Tweaked a few colony names and fort levels in the later scenarios
- Upped the fort level of The Highlands in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios to represent Fort George (a huge star fort)
- Reduced the fort level of Isle Royale in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios because Fort Louisbourg was destroyed in 1758
- Updated the Fantasia scenario with a Monophysite nation
- Shuffled the order of a couple of CoTs so that Holland and Bohemia do not have the same colour on the trade map mode
- Event 3278 'An earthquake destroys Lisbon' should now remove any shipyards and manufactories in the Tago province
- Removed the shipyard and lowered the population of the Tago province in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added a couple of UKR merchants to Moscow and Astrakhan in the 1701 scenario
- Changed Berg's tag from BER to BRG and renamed all relevant files
- HAN now has two electoral votes in countries.txt
- Replaced PFA with MAI and TRR in the 1492 scenario
- Added a number of personal unions
- Tweaked a number of event and monarch files
- Revamped major_boh.txt
- Event 15001 'The Electorate of Hanover' will now rename the city of Brunswick to Hanover
- Event 3293 'Count's Feud' will no longer grant DAN german as an accepted culture
- Improved a number of event dates in major_eng.txt
- Added a trigger to event 3014 'Bloody Mary and King Felipé of England' so it won't fire if ENG is still Catholic
- Added a union trigger to events 3037 'The Act of Union' and 3194 'The Defenestration of Prague'
- A number of events based around personal unions should no longer vassalise the second country
- Tweaked the 'The Great Carrack of Alexandria' event sequence
- Corrected text mentioning 'St:Petersburg' and 'Knights of St:John' to use full stops instead of colons
- Event 3152 'The Quest for the New World' will now annex AZT rather than inherit them
- Improved the event text for event 3153 'The Trade Center of Seville' and extended its death date slightly
- Created a duplicate of the above event (3850, 'The Trade Center of Barcelona') for if ARG forms SPA
- Tidied up the TLE > ALD sequence Michael imported from the AGCEEP and added some missing event text
- VEN will now get a claim on Alexandria (744) if they are given it with events 3359/3715 'The Veneto-Turkish Conflict'
- Added a major new event - 25005 'The Peace of Westphalia' - to redraw the borders of the HRE if certain conditions are met
- Added better dates and descriptions for the Reformation events in ReligiousEvents.txt
- Added a better monarch file for BOH
- Tweaked a couple of leaders for BOH
- Shortened a number of leader names for VEN
- Added monarch files for BRG and TRR
- Tweaked a few monarch files for some of the Italian republics so they always have a ruler until the end of the game
- Improved a few event descriptions and fixed some typos in events.csv (English)
- Added text for events 15001 - 15005
- Improved a few miscellaneous army names
- Fixed a bug in 1419_por.inc
- Tweaked some population and fort levels in Naples/Sicily in the 1492 and 1617 scenarios
- Added an alliance between KOL, MAI and TRR in the 1492 scenario
- Added BOH to the 1617 scenario (as an ally of HAB) so the Thirty Years' War can kick off a little better
- Changed the provinces in Bohemia to Protestant in the 1617 scenario
- Corrected the state religions of TRA and a few German minors in the 1617 and 1701 scenarios
- WRZ is now Counter-Reform Catholic and an ally of HAB in the 1617 scenario
- Rebalanced some diplomacy in Germany in the 1617 scenario
- Tweaked some city names for PFA in the 1617, 1701 and 1773 scenarios
- Slept some of the new events in the relevant scenarios
- Corrected the state religion of PFA to Catholic in the 1701 and 1773 scenarios
- Improved relations between FRA and PFA in the 1701 and 1773 scenarios
- Added MUN to the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Replaced all leftover mentions of THU with WRZ in some scenario diplomacy sections
- Added TRA's claims on Eastern Hungary in the 1617 and 1701 scenarios
- Fixed some revolt risk issues in major_eng.txt
- Selecting action B in event 3097 'The Winter King of Prague' will now remove czech culture and HAB's claims on Bohemia
- Tweaked the religious and diplomatic setup in Germany in the 1617 scenario
- Added the Protestant Union and Catholic League as proper military alliances in the 1617 scenario
- EIR will now always revolt with celtic culture
- SLO will now only revolt after 1700
- Tweaked the entries for BUK, KHI and NOG in revolt.txt
- Added Ust Urt (518) as a core for NOG across all scenarios
- Split UZB into BUK and KHI in the 1617, 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added MAS to the 1492 scenario as a vassal and ally of POL
- Tweaked some fortress levels in Iberia in the 1617 and 1701 scenarios
- Fixed the trigger of event 3004 'The End of the Hundred Years' War'
- Re-added ART and FLA as electors in countries.txt (because of the new HRE setup)
- Slept event 3850 'The Trade Center of Barcelona' in the 1492 scenario
- Modified the triggers of the two 'Viva España' events so once one has fired the other can't
- Added tax collectors in Italy and the Low Countries in the 1492 scenario (as they're supposed to be the rich Renaissance provinces)
- Added a large number of missing tax collectors in Europe in the 1617, 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Swapped/tweaked SAV's province populations so Turin is now larger and better-fortified than Chambéry
- Fixed Louis XVII not being slept in major_fra.txt
- Events 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 25005 are now set to 'global = yes'
- Fixed HAI's capital in revolt.txt
- Added BAY's extra electoral vote in the 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Tweaked some event text
- Added a monarch and leader file for BUK
- Added a monarch file for ROM
- Tweaked Ireland's terrain types in provinces.txt
- Added the personal unions for SPA/POR
- SPA can now revolt from 1492 instead of 1700
- ARG and CAS can now revolt until 1492 instead of 1700
- ROM can no longer revolt at all (it must be created by event or released as a vassal)
- Added L1 forts to The Baleares and The Canary Islands in the 1492 scenario
- Added events for UZB to form BUK and KHI
- Tweaked the geography of the British Isles in provinces.txt
- Removed UZB from revolt.txt
- Tweaked the cores for KHI and KZK in revolt.txt
- Added text for new events 25010 and 25011 to events.csv (English)
- Given Jedisan (296) to CRI in the 1492 scenario and given it a L2 fort (it wasn't sold to LIT until later in the year)
- Given Jedisan (296) to TUR (but still controlled by RUS) in the 1773 scenario and given it a L4 fort (it wasn't ceded to RUS until 1774)
- Tweaked the starting setup for KZK across all scenarios
- KZK's northern provinces are now Sunni in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Reduced Omsk (580) to a trading post in the 1617 scenario (as it is in 1701) because the town wasn't founded until 1716
- Added and tweaked a few names in colonynames.txt
- Replaced all 'population which' commands with 'populationpercent which' in the event files
- Rewritten events 3011 and 3753 in major_eng.txt
- Added a couple of new events for the Great Plague and Great Fire of London in major_eng.txt
- Added text for new events 25006, 25007 and 25008 in events.csv (English)
- Rewritten text for existing events 3011 and 3753 in events.csv (English)
- Added triggers to events 3203/3755 'The Purge of the Archbishop of Salzburg' so they won't fire if Protestant/Reformed
- Salzburg (350) is now Protestant in the 1617 and 1701 scenarios (converted by the above events)
- Events 3203/3755 will now convert Salzburg (350) to Catholic with action A
- Improved events 3150, 3160 and 3167 in major_spa.txt
- Lazare Hoche should now be in command of La Grande Armée in the 1795 scenario
- Tweaked a few African states in revolt.txt
- Fixed some miscellaneous spelling and grammar issues in events.csv (English)
- Changed the capital of Algarve (442) to 'Lagos' in provinces.csv (English and French)
- Corrected the city name of Algarve (442) in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Improved some cores and known provinces in a few scenarios
- Tweaked some population levels for the American Indians so they always have at least 1000 pop (so they can build stuff)
- Improved the East African setup across all scenarios
- Fixed provinces 816 and 818 not being iberian and Catholic in the 1492 scenario
- Corrected the city name of Cape Verde (818) in the 1492, 1617 and 1701 scenarios
- Corrected ownership of Socotra (756) across all scenarios
- Added ANG to the 1617, 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added MLI to the 1617 scenario
- Removed KIL from the 1617, 1701 and 1773 scenarios
- Switched ENG's shipyard from Anglia to Wessex in the 1617 scenario (as per events 3011/3753)
- Given ENG a TP on Mahé (811) in the 1617 scenario
- Given FRA a TP on Ambovombe (807) in the 1617, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Given POR a couple of small armies in the 1617 and 1701 scenarios (for better colonial management)
- Northumberland (240) and Lancashire (242) are now Catholic in the 1617 scenario
- Midlands (244) is now Protestant in the 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios (Puritanism was essentially dead by then)
- KON is now Catholic in the 1617, 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Corrected the city name of Congo to 'São Salvador' in the relevant scenarios
- Moved one of TUR's armies to its own territory in the 1701 scenario
- Added a conscription centre to Anglia (247) in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios (as they're present earlier on)
- Fixed some event text in events.csv (English)
- Fixed a number of events incorrectly using the -3 command after specific provinces
- Events 3128 and 3129 should now correctly remove a couple of manufactories instead of grant one
- Added a trigger to event 3548 'Reorganisation of the Holy Inquisition' so it will only fire if PAP is Catholic or CRC
- Fixed a couple of events in major_pol.txt incorrectly giving a claim on province 281 instead of 283
- Added province 275 as a claim for LAT and LIV in revolt.txt
- Added province 275 as a claim for LAT in the 1419 and 1492 scenarios
- Edited a couple of events in major_lat.txt accordingly
- Set FEZ to 'revolt = no' in revolt.txt
- Choosing the Royal Navy option in events 3011/3753 will now rename the city in Wessex (249) to 'Portsmouth'
- Added an AI file for KIL
- Added a 'Protestants expelled from France' event for ENG (the same as BRA and HOL get)
- Tweaked some event text in events.csv
- Added a couple of Huguenot leaders for ENG who can be activated with event 3128 (FRA)
- Tweaked some AI files in revolt.txt
- Rewritten the event text for events 3509/3521/3849
- Tweaked a few AI files across the scenarios
- Improved the East African setup in the 1419 scenario
- Changed NIP's cores on Korea to claims in the relevant scenarios
- Tweaked ZIM's cores across all scenarios
- Event 3855 will now rename the city in Köln (343) to 'Düsseldorf'
- Event 3876 will now rename the city in Wales (243) to 'Cardiff'
- Removed HAB's claim on Istria (368) in revolt.txt and all relevant scenarios
- Given Istria (368) to VEN in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added CRO to the 1492 scenario
- Renamed 'Cleves' to 'Düsseldorf' in the 1617, 1701, 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Corrected the religion of a few provinces in the later scenarios
- WUR is now Protestant in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added an alliance between HUN, CRO and RAG in the 1492 scenario
- Tweaked some text in events.csv and countries.csv (English)
- Changed HUN's claims to cores in revolt.txt and added 'culture = magyar'
- Tweaked Reformation_Provinces.inc and some of the scenario files accordingly
- Added colony names for USA.
- Adjusted areas, values, and names for several provinces in North America in the database files and in multiple scenarios.
- Moved USA to the first slot in the 1773 scenario since they're likely the biggest reason to play it in the first place.
- Toned down Portugal's early colonization AI.
- Removed TLE from Spain's 1586 AI hitlist as it wasn't a priority by then.
- Added events for Holland and Zeeland to join the Netherlands when it revolts.
- Separated out the Dutch capital move to Amsterdam so that it can fire after Holland joins the republic.
- Added triggers to the Iberian Revolts (SPA 3170).
- Pushed the earliest date for The Empire of Russia (25003) up to 1500 from 1550.
- Added some casusbelli cores to the Russian minors in the 1419 scenario to encourage fighting amongst them.
- Renumbered most of Berg's monarchs due to an ID conflict.
- Corrected a number of punctuation errors in event text.
- Dropped TLE from Spain's 1700 AI also.
- Added union checks in the Viva España triggers
- Added the missing personal unions for ENG-SCO, SPA-POR and HAB-BOH to 1617.inc
- Added default pop growth modifiers for provinces with shipyards (2.0%) and barracks (2.0%) to defines.txt
- Added a number of new tags (primarily for mods) and their respective flags and shields
- Added a more accurate graphics set for VOL
- KUR should now correctly revolt with german culture
- AVI should now always be released as Catholic and with the Papal AI file
- Removed ISL's claim on The Grampians
- Tweaked a few colours in countries.txt
- Added monarch files for ISL, LUC and THO
- Added THO to the 1419 scenario as a vassal of STE
- Added THO to the Byzantine alliance in the 1419 scenario (though it also remains a vassal of STE)
- Added PRM to the 1419 and 1492 scenarios as a vassal/ally of NVG and MOS respectively
- Added knowledge of PRM for its neighbours
- Added a merchant from THO in Kerch (1419) and PRM in Moscow (1492)
- Added some diplomatic relations between CRI and its Russian allies in the 1492 scenario
- Changed a couple of city names in provinces.csv (English)
- Renamed Perm to Permia in countries.csv (English)
- Added PRM to revolt.txt
- Changed some of the provinces in the extreme north of Russia from altai to ugric culture to better represent the Komi people
- Added gold and a small income boost to province 1580
- Added QNG to countries.txt
- Added a strait between Vladimir and Berezov
- Removed SWE's core on Kexholm (266) in the 1419 and 1492 scenarios so as to help stop early wars with NVG
- SWE now gets a claim on Kexholm (266) with event #3230 'Emperor Charles Philip of Russia'
- ETH may now revolt until 1821
- NOR should now revolt with claims on Iceland and Greenland
- Added OYO to the 1492 - 1795 scenarios (split off from BEN) and edited its revolt.txt entry
- Tweaked HAS's cores in the 1492 scenario (so they're the same as in 1419 and revolt.txt)
- Slightly buffed NVG in the 1419 scenario so as to stand a better chance vs. MOS (as each is the other's main rival)
- Added better strait GFX between Vladimir and Berezov
- Reduced expansion values for early ENG and HOL AIs.
- Relaxed the requirements for the BRA event forming PRU (3524) to holding four of the five core provinces.
- Added a few revolts to ENG's American Revolution events just for fun.
- KOR 3892 now gives troops in the capital, since Yalu might belong to someone else.
- Corrected a few minor typos in global_flags.txt (found through mod_debug.txt).
- Added a number of new name sets to leadernames.txt and updated countries.txt accordingly
- Improved the two 'Babur's Ambition' events
- Forming KUR as LAT will now remove ugric culture and turn you Protestant
- Edited the revolt end dates for a number of African states (1700 > 1821) and the Russian principalities (1700 > 1492)
- Added some French translation work to events.csv (thanks to De Villars)
- Tweaked MOG in the 1617 - 1795 scenarios to have claims on KAB's original three provinces
- Tweaked religions.txt to stop Sunni and Shi'a states from being able to switch between the two
- Tweaked some names for MAM and TIM in armynames.txt
- Tweaked the leader language sets for a few tags in countries.txt
- Changed ruthenian culture to use the RUS city sprite in cultures.txt
- Tweaked Bâbur in leaders_kab.txt (extended his death date and gave him a siege value)
- Tweaked some text mentioning Bâbur across several files
- Transferred Nile (747) and Nubia (749) from MAM to SUD in the 1419 and 1492 scenarios
- Added SUD to MAM's alliance in the 1419 scenario
- Added an alliance between MAM and SUD in the 1492 scenario
- Tweaked some population numbers in Central Asia in the 1492 scenario
- Added -200 relations between the three Timurid splinter states (TIM/KHO/KAB) in the 1492 scenario
- Added starting armies for KHO and KAB in the 1492 scenario
- Tweaked a few miscellaneous army names, placements and numbers in the 1419 and 1492 scenarios
- Forming ALD as TLE will now remove berber culture
- ALD should now always revolt/be released with arab culture
- Removed berber as an accepted culture for ALD in the 1773 and 1795 scenarios
- Added circassian culture in place of georgian for MAM (to stop MAM's provinces from adopting the BYZ city sprite over time)
- Improved the Barbary coast setup in the 1419 and 1492 scenarios
- Added diplomatic relations for MOR in the 1617 - 1795 scenarios
- Changed BYZ's colour in countries.txt
- Changed KIP and KZK to the asian tech group in countries.txt
- Tweaked the leader language sets for MAM and PRM in countries.txt
- Removed 'can_convert_culture = no' from the North America region in geography.txt
- Tweaked a few province terrain types in North Africa and the Sahara
- Removed FEZ's core on Toubkal (806) and changed KZK to the asian tech group in revolt.txt
- Improved a number of city names in the Sahara and Mali in provinces.csv (ENG/FRA)
- Moved NOG's capital to Sarai Jük in the 1492, 1617 and 1700 scenarios
- Revamped randomreligiousevents.txt to provide more variety via B and C options, and added improved text (English)
- Added South Africa as a new region in geography.txt, provinces.txt and geography.csv (ENG/FRA)
- Tweaked a few province terrain types in Central Asia and the Sahara
- Added a ruler in monarchs_cha.txt and fixed some date errors in monarchs_mam.txt
- Tweaked ANN/CAM/CHA/DAI and MAL's capital in revolt.txt
- Moved MAL's capital to Niani (1492) in all scenarios
- Added the new "South Africa" region to any relevant AI files which include "The Cape"
- Re-added XHO so we have another revolter in South Africa
- Added a better cultural setup in South Africa (including removing bantu culture as it applies to about half of Africa)
- Moved Zaire (785) from West to South Africa in provinces.txt so the Congo river can act as the border between the two
- Added monarch files for AQU and AVI
- Added a final monarch for STE so they don't have Sayyîd Ahmad II for the rest of the game
- Improved cores and claims for the mandé states so they should always try to conquer one another
- Specified primary cultures for all states with the african and pagan tech groups (just in case of European colonisation)
- Renamed the capital of Mogadiscio to Xamar in provinces.csv (ENG/FRA)
- Added arab as an accepted culture for ADA, AJU and MGU across all scenarios
- Moved POR to the second slot in the 1492 scenario as they're one of the two big Tordesillas colonisers
- Added an event for Utrecht to join the Netherlands when it revolts
- Added monarch files for LIE and UTR
- Tidied up some text referring to the Netherlands and brought back UTR's end date to 1550 (like the other Dutch revolters)
- Renamed all instances of monophysite to miaphysite as it is more appropriate as an umbrella term
- Tweaked the entry for Miaphysitism in religions.txt so as to give it some unique properties (it was a duplicate of Orthodoxy before)
- Tweaked the triggers for ENG events 3002, 3004 & 3038
- Changed one of the triggers for the 'Build a Great Palace' random events so as to exclude all North American tags and not just USA
- Removed the -4 commands from randomreligiousevents.txt and tweaked a couple of cut-off dates (all those events should now work correctly)
- Removed some unnecessary titles (duke, marquess, etc) from leadernames.txt
- Removed the French Revolution events' dependency on ENG 3049, since 3049 only fires if the USA has not declared independence before 1773.
- Bumped up the stability requirement for avoiding the Reign of Terror from 0 to 1.
- Added provinces 104 (Penobscot) and 112 (Bangor) to the Louisiana Purchase event. Possibly not justified historically, but nice for borders. They are not part of the triggers since selling Maine alone doesn't make sense really.
- Added provinces 46 (Biloxi) and 47 (Mobile) to the triggers for the Adams-Onis treaty, since they were part of Florida historically. Also added a requirement for the USA to own at least one of the bordering provinces (Bayou, Biloxi, Mobile, Tuscaloosa, or Savannah).
- Reordered some colors in colorscales_political.txt to make the continents mapmode look better.
- Increased the scope of the American Revolution revolt risk in ENG's event chain to include some inland provinces.
- Fixed event bug keeping HOL from getting a center of trade if they did not annex HLL.
- Fixed relation commands in the new action B of Babur's Ambition (KAB and TIM).
- Attempted to make Swedish monarchs make sense if it chooses King Sigismund over Duke Charles in event 3229.
- Renumbered all ROM monarchs to avoid ID conflicts.
- Edited text of the go-to-province search box to clarify that it works for countries also.
- Fixed duplicate ID in 1617 scenario.
- Raised Nelson's rank to 0 (Lord Admiral) so he will always lead any fleet he's part of.
- Added new event #25012 'The Capture of Gibraltar' with accompanying text.
- Moved a couple of unconnected provinces to their correct seazone/area in provinces.txt
- Added ‘annexable = yes’ to USA in 1773 and HAI in 1795
- Added a better description for Coffee (English only) in goods.csv
- Renamed Mazovia to Masovia in provinces.csv (name on the map)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I would also like to download 1.3 Beta Patch. How may I enter the old forum in case I have registered only in the new one?

The techsupport forum is there again in the new forum:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/ftg-tech-support.482/

If the sticky with the beta patch is immediately visible to you then you can simply download it now.

There may be still the problem that if you go to the tech support forum and see only new posts from after the forum change (so no sticky posts). They are still there even if not immediately shown. There is a workaround to temporarily make them visible:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/older-aar-disappeared.857594/#post-19361119

So if you are in the techsupport subforum and don´t see the stickies click the "Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the forum, select "Threads with last post from: FOREVER" (even if you already have that as your standard!) and click "Set Options" - and for me the stickies are back again. Strangely only until I leave the FtG forum. When I return I have to do the same again currently.