• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gz, even though I would call it cheating ;)
I mean: no industry, no outside connection, no connection between commercial and resedential. Pretty gamey...

Well I wouldn't want to play the game that way neither but as the game still allows it I guess it's not cheating. But it does show that the simulation engine could perhaps need some improvements. ;)

runs good at 45-70% on my iMac late 2012 16GB RAM GTX680MX and spread over all 4 cores / 8 threads on max game-speed
great game! thank you CO!

how does your rig run this savegame at max speed?

good job, this shows the game is just as broken as simcity 2013.

This game came out on tuesday and i am able to play it..... I wouldent say it is as broken as SC2013. At this time 2 years ago 1000s of people could not even play sim city for more then an hour without a server crash and city roll back

No industrial and no commercial.

Without anything that needs cargo, it isn't surprising there are no traffic issues, though I am surprised a city can survive without commercial.

Looks impressive though.

This game came out on tuesday and i am able to play it..... I wouldent say it is as broken as SC2013. At this time 2 years ago 1000s of people could not even play sim city for more then an hour without a server crash and city roll back

Issues of connectivity aside, the problem for die-hard fans of the genre was still the underlying simulation (and, of course, the silly size of the individual city tile). I'm happy to see CO give us space enough to build a city, but the underlying simulation is similarly problematic -- weak dependencies between RCI, too much fudging, too many failsafes, etc.

In a way, I don't mind, since I'm mindful of how difficult the task is, especially for a team of 20 people, but I do wish CO would just post a white paper detailing exactly how the sim works so we don't have to spend weeks testing this shit out and can just get down to landscaping :)

@endorken Well said. I really agree about that. I hope and want to believe that we will soon see some clarifications from the dev team about this. They've been pretty good at communicating with the community earlier so hopefully they will keep to that. Judging of the amount of people writing about this issues I find it hard to believe that they will just completely ignore it. That would probably don't be a very wise decision for the future of CSL.

At least with CO and Paradox there's a much better chance of things getting better than with Maxis and those EA suits breathing down their necks. Also, SC2013 was hobbled by the whole multiplayer/DRM/server situation making things much more complicated to fix.

I'm much more optimistic for C:SL!

I7-4770 ~ usage between 60-90 % on all 8 threads, mostly 70-80 % interval, with one thread up around 90 % and one down at 60 %.

1 days takes on average 4½ second to run.

Graphical settings at max.

@endorken Well said. I really agree about that. I hope and want to believe that we will soon see some clarifications from the dev team about this. They've been pretty good at communicating with the community earlier so hopefully they will keep to that. Judging of the amount of people writing about this issues I find it hard to believe that they will just completely ignore it. That would probably don't be a very wise decision for the future of CSL.

It would be really nice to see Paradox or CO come here and say "we hear you, we will look into it". As it stands, people are worried this will just disappear off the front page and/or be ignored.

It would be really nice to see Paradox or CO come here and say "we hear you, we will look into it". As it stands, people are worried this will just disappear off the front page and/or be ignored.

I'm pretty sure they already addressed this openly, at least I read a quoted post earlier today about it.

Workers are assigned a workplace and some do try and travel to the work place, but does not need to reach it.