• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
Hi folks!

We have decided to release one more patch before the next expansion goes live. It is going to be fairly minor, meant only to address the most annoying issues. However, the next expansion patch (2.4) is geared towards cleaning the house and will take care of myriads of old outstanding bugs and issues.

The bugs we will definitely fix for 2.3.4 are:

1. The bug with children of Popes getting a claim on the Papacy and thus becoming antipopes. We have had serious problems reproducing this issue, but after much toil we have identified one cause of the bug; children born posthumously to Popes. This should be a very rare situation though, so we are not sure if there are other ways the bug can occur.

2. The "Strategist" trait can not currently be gained. We are adding the missing events for that.

3. The "Depose Antipope" CB does not work correctly.

4. Various nerfs (distance, number of lovers, loving spouses, risk, etc) to the "Seduce" action from "Way of Life".

5. Wife upset that you have a lover - herself

6. You cannot discover spouse or concubine adultery with the "Spy On" action

These are the most pressing issues we see at the moment that we can fix with relative ease and safety.

You are welcome to use this thread to express what bugs you think are the highest priority after these ones. But before you "vote" for another bug: please make sure there is a proper bug report for it in the bug report forums! We need clear reports with steps to reproduce the bug! If you can't reproduce it, we almost certainly won't be able to either.

Thank you for your patience and assistance!

Reactions:
7) Feudal characters randomly inheriting bishoprics and becoming theocrats.

Kindly fix no warscore for battles when a vassal happens to have troops in a province. It's especially annoying since you guys made vassals sometimes raise their levies to help their liege when their own titles are in danger.

Thank you for this Doomdark

It is going to be fairly minor, meant only to address the most annoying issues. However, the next expansion patch (2.4) is geared towards cleaning the house and will take care of myriads of old outstanding bugs and issues.

I knew we'd get a proper patch eventually, people just need to wait, and this tech upgrade sounds amazing.

Can you give us some hints on the new DLC?

The bugs we will definitely fix for 2.3.4 are:

1. The bug with children of Popes getting a claim on the Papacy and thus becoming antipopes. We have had serious problems reproducing this issue, but after much toil we have identified one cause of the bug; children born posthumously to Popes. This should be a very rare situation though, so we are not sure if there are other ways the bug can occur.

I feel like Paradox needs to reach out to the modding community a lot more. How could you have problems reproducing the issue?
I am pretty sure the whole modding already knew why the bastard claim was happening.
e.g.
http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2xvyoz/psa_infant_antipopes/

All you had to do was ask how can we fix that bug and we would have told you how to fix it. It took you so long to fix such a predictable issue. CK2 has so many gifted modders, do not be shy to ask how to fix a problem or what the problem is. I am sure there are many modders who are willing to help you out.

Can you give us some hints on the new DLC?

Its something I've been wanting to do for a very long time and I've given a lot of hints at it throughout my time here at the forums but what the actual content is, is secret :D.... And yes its not anytime soon.

I feel like Paradox needs to reach out to the modding community a lot more. How could you have problems reproducing the issue?
I am pretty sure the whole modding already knew why the bastard claim was happening.
e.g.
http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2xvyoz/psa_infant_antipopes/

All you had to do was ask how can we fix that bug and we would have told you how to fix it. It took you so long to fix such a predictable issue. CK2 has so many gifted modders, do not be shy to ask how to fix a problem or what the problem is. I am sure there are many modders who are willing to help you out.

I already tried with Anti-popes and bastard children, didn't let them inherit the claim. For me it only appeared if the pope died while the mistress was pregnant. If you have steps-to-reproduce to conflict this then I need to know because neither me or QA could reproduce any other means to make the inheritance of claim. Save would be immensely helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.