Patch 1.11 - Dynamic Random Nations teaser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fantastic! I was thrilled to have the random world option, but I just couldn't handle Ming and Afghanistan being nations in france. Any chance we will get an option down the road where historical names are regionalized based on culture?

Also, it would be nice if the starting territories in a custom nation changed their culture & religion to be your starting culture and religion. Maybe a "convert provinces" option with a point cost to change the religion and starting culture that scales based on the territories that need to be changed.

Wow, the dynamic random nations with capital-names sounds entertaining.

Not picked up El Dorado yet, but this makes it oh so more delicious looking ;-;

Will you be able to choose a randomized nation before loading the game or is it like random new world? Also the random national ideas button sounds great.

EDIT: Will the religions be dynamic aswell? At the moment it doesnt feel viable to be the lone norse country in the world as everyone will hate you.

Last edited:
- You can now change names and descriptions of your Custom National Ideas.
Yes! Thats great news, thanks Wiz!

Please make custom nations able to form union tags again but without switching ideas. If Castille can form Spain then why custom-made Leon shouldn't be able to do this?

With all this focus going on the Custom Nations will the next DLC introduce interplanetary travel and laser guns ? :glare:

random custom nation with random new world... why do you play Europa Universalis series? History...

anyway if anyone enjoy this, good for them

With all this focus going on the Custom Nations will the next DLC introduce interplanetary travel and laser guns ? :glare:

No, of course not.

Laser guns are entirely impractical, EU4 space ships will use mass drivers.

Interesting additions for people who play with custom nations, I suppose, but I, for one, would like to think about potential applications for standard play, like more customization for client states or dynamic national ideas.

random custom nation with random new world... why do you play Europa Universalis series? History...

anyway if anyone enjoy this, good for them

If you play EU IV for history I have bad news for you - it barely represents history, especially after several hundred years of gameplay where the AI messes everything up. The game is way too abstract to properly represent history, so I'm not sure what your point is.

FYI, majority of the players seem to be enjoying the Custom Nation feature, it adds a lot of replayability to the game. Most players have already enjoyed hundreds of hours of "historical" gameplay, it's nice to have something new.