Werewolf Lite CCCXXV - Twelve villagers, four wolves, and a seer walk into a bar...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alexu, he's always a good choice.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Unvote Dadarian
Vote Alxeu

Care to join me, Dadarian?

Unvote Dadarian
Vote Alxeu

Unvote Arkasas
Vote Alexu

Tip-top-toodlely, let's kick Alexu's coodely.

With 2.5 hours to go, I have:

Arkasas: 4
Sleepyhead [53]
Cliges [61]
Korona [62]
Ironhead [58 Wagonlitz -> 93]

Dadarian: 3
Aedan [52]
Nautilu [54]
Rovsea [72]

aedan: 3
Esemesas [49]
Madchemist [85]
Lemeard [86 Dadarian -> 87]

Alxeu: 2
Bagricula [68 Dadarian -> 121]
Dadarian [51 Cliges -> 55 Arkasas -> 122]

Rovsea: 1
Alxeu [59]

Cliges: 1
Arkasas [67 Arkasas -> 71 Cliges]

sexytoes: 1
Wagonlitz [50 Nautilu -> 95]

Wagonlitz: 1
Sexytoes [82 Lemeard -> 97]

Not voted: 0

Last time I respond to you. I recommend seer scanning Wagonlitz, I think 90% he is a wolf.

My statement is the follows:
-By voting one wolf, village encourages other wolves to vote other people, therefore revealing themselves
-If the villager is voted, no on can know, so that scenario is not worth considering
-So voting should be done in hopes of getting a wolf, so that his teammates help him
-However Arkasas does not fit that "wolves will save him" profile anyway, because he votes himself, and no wolf would risk helping him
-Therefore it is no point in voting Arkasas to lure wolves out. There may be a point to get rid of a bad villager, but voting him will not reveal the wolves.

Please stop replying to me, you obviously don't understand what I am saying anyway.
You are aware that wolves don't block vote? So if Arkasas is a wolf then other wolves could just as well help him as not help him.

You're aware that you're petty much claiming that by voting himself he's proven himself to be a villager? Which is a stupid thing to claim. Voting yourself is a dumb thing to do, we don't want to encourage more people to do it to 'clear' themselves.
Exactly
Furthermore, your logic is flawed in that you're assuming wolves will help packmates, since such behaviour quickly becomes obvious if a wolf is scanned and outed, or lynched despite the pack's efforts. You make far too many assumptions about how wolves will act. And your dismissal of Wagonlitz as a wolf for pointing out oddities in your claims is not helpful.
Indeed; block voting is probably the worst wolf strategy.

So you think we should vote players making stupid moves and inactives. But instead you vote "2x my signup". Does not help your case.
Aedan was the fourth player to vote and he did so less than 1 hour past deadline; lest somebody really messes up pregame there is nothing to go on at that time.
There was a very good post "bad theory is better than no theory, since it gets the ball rolling". I agree with that.
And I am going with a theory; it might be bad, but it is a theory and you have acted rather suspicious with your claims.

Given today's play so far:

I don't believe Arkasas is a wolf. This mostly has to do with the lack of interesting movement around other options. Specifically, no credible arguments are being put forward to favor one of the other candidates and all the movement is around irrelevant singleton candidates.
Could make sense. Though be aware that these days most activity is around deadline; and that for the last 8--9 hours America has been asleep and Europe working/studying.
I am suspicious / annoyed by Wagonlitz and sexytoes for so late in the day generating the appearance of activity without casting votes that have a substantial impact on today's outcome.
Late in the day? I cast my vote on sexytoes this morning---i.e. 12--13 hours to deadline. You think that whoever gets run up in the first few hours should be that days candidate? Because that is the consequence if us Europeans aren't allowed to change votes to new candidates in the European morning.
And there is considerably more of a case against sexytoes than there are against Dadarian or Arky who both were run up randomly and for non game reasons.
And how do I generate an appearance of activity? To make cases and argue them is activity; how many have you made? And casting votes which have no impact on today's outcome? You are aware that deadline hasn't passed yet right? It is detrimental to the game if everybody has to jump to frontrunners after a few hours. We still have several hours to deadline, so there are no throwaways yet.
I am further suspicious of Ironhead's decision to stick with Arkasas on the already disproven justification that Dadarian is new.

Further thoughts?
You are aware he is in the US Army and stationed in Baghdad? He probably cannot access this forum during work hours---which are exactly the hours you critizise him for doing nothing.
I would actually say you are the one who try to generate an appearance of activity. And you appear to try and cast suspicion on people for completely flawed reasons.

Day 1 my friend. Day 1. I do however agree on Wagonlitz, Sextoes, and Alxeu staying away from this discussion. Could Dadarian or aedan be their packmate?
What discussion? Show me a single game related argument which has been made in favour of lynching either Dadarian or Arkasas?

All, I'm very unlikely to be around when the line dies. Meetings at that time (this is the middle of my work day).

What the bloody hell is going on here? Also, Bag, get back to work.

Unvote Dadarian
Vote Alxeu

You accuse me of voting somebody without votes in the middle of the day, because you think that is late. And then you do the same thing in the end of the day on purely random grounds. I had a case; you have nothing.
You appear to be flinging suspicion around and then doing the exact same that you claim to critizise. Is that to avoid being able to be analyzed later in the game?
You seem rather suspicious for that and sexytoes doesn't appear to be taking off, so

Unvote sexytoes
Vote Bagricula

Well, time to go back and see what interesting things y'all have been up to today.

Vote Arkasas

Might as well join the bandwagon.

*Sigh*

Do I have to tell every self voter not to do this? Seriously, whether you're a wolf or a villager, this is stupid, as I've explained at least half a dozen times.

Yep!

In all seriousness, though, this is a silly bandwagon.

Unvote Arkasas
Vote Cliges

Third voter on a bandwagon.

...Better. Don't do that again.

There is a tie between Arkasas and Dadarian if I read correctly. I don't like it - Dadarian didn't do anything wrong except being 2x aedan signap number, which seems to be a recurring crime in WW games.

That's sort of how day 1 works. When you have no information, people get run up for reasons that have no logic behind them.

Arkasas panicks when he gets voted and votes himself. I think we can tie him, but he is of no value to the wolf team I think - so the wolves won't go out of their way to save him. I think we should tie someone else.

Perhaps. There are players who, if they are wolves, are easier to sell out than others, as we saw with jcucc last game. Arky acting like this would most likely be one of them. If Arky dies and turns out to be a wolf, I'd regard voting him as a point in the favor of his voters, but not as big a point in their favor as if it had been someone like marty.

Yes, it is the first day and there's is plenty of evidence against him.

:laugh: Yep, that's Lemeard.

Why do you twist my words like that? Of course I am a wolf, along with Arkasas, and I tell you that he is the wolf, and that it is the official position of wolf team that they won't save him hurr durr. Please pass the potatoes.

I said it before, if there is a close voting, it is more interesting and revealing when players are good and will (if they are wolves) persuade their team to save them, and we will get some info from the votes. Arkasas will vote himself instead.

unvote lemeard vote wagonlitz

Yes, but your statement implies that you know Arkasas to be a villager; so either you are a wolf or the seer who scanned Arkasas last night. And I doubt it is the latter.

Close voting sure is fine and we all want that. The TIE on the other hand can only be used once lest we lose a day to parity---and day 1 isn't that one time unless we have really really good reasons which we don't at the moment.

I think he's saying he wants a TIE in order to see who gets saved, not necessarily so that the TIE actually remains at the end of the day. I could be wrong, though.

I've never played with you before, but I already like you.

Dadarian doesn't hate somebody! Amazing! :D

You're aware that you're petty much claiming that by voting himself he's proven himself to be a villager? Which is a stupid thing to claim. Voting yourself is a dumb thing to do, we don't want to encourage more people to do it to 'clear' themselves. Furthermore, your logic is flawed in that you're assuming wolves will help packmates, since such behaviour quickly becomes obvious if a wolf is scanned and outed, or lynched despite the pack's efforts. You make far too many assumptions about how wolves will act. And your dismissal of Wagonlitz as a wolf for pointing out oddities in your claims is not helpful.

Right. Arky's vote should not and does not clear him. As for wolves not helping packmates, that's not quite right. Packmates aren't something a wolf can afford to just cast aside, so other things equal, in a close vote they should favor the survival of their packmate. Although there are wolves who don't mind selling out packmates, or at least who don't mind selling out certain packmates.

Given today's play so far:

I don't believe Arkasas is a wolf. This mostly has to do with the lack of interesting movement around other options. Specifically, no credible arguments are being put forward to favor one of the other candidates and all the movement is around irrelevant singleton candidates.

Maybe. The bandwagon built on him awfully fast. But then again, he's behaving like an idiot.

Which he did last game and was a villager, so yeah. I say meh.

I am suspicious / annoyed by Wagonlitz and sexytoes for so late in the day generating the appearance of activity without casting votes that have a substantial impact on today's outcome.

Agreed. Wagon especially seems to me like he's attacking something that I haven't really seen said, and in both cases, the votes are inconsequential at the moment.

I am further suspicious of Ironhead's decision to stick with Arkasas on the already disproven justification that Dadarian is new.

Something to keep an eye on, at least.

Alexu, he's always a good choice.

I'd be good with that.

Could make sense. Though be aware that these days most activity is around deadline; and that for the last 8--9 hours America has been asleep and Europe working/studying.

Indeed.

Late in the day? I cast my vote on sexytoes this morning---i.e. 12--13 hours to deadline. You think that whoever gets run up in the first few hours should be that days candidate? Because that is the consequence if us Europeans aren't allowed to change votes to new candidates in the European morning.
And there is considerably more of a case against sexytoes than there are against Dadarian or Arky who both were run up randomly and for non game reasons.
And how do I generate an appearance of activity? To make cases and argue them is activity; how many have you made? And casting votes which have no impact on today's outcome? You are aware that deadline hasn't passed yet right? It is detrimental to the game if everybody has to jump to frontrunners after a few hours. We still have several hours to deadline, so there are no throwaways yet.

I've no particular objection to people switching votes in the time frame you're offering. My point is rather that when there are salient candidates a vote switch ceases to live in a neutral landscape devoid of information. It is my expectation then, that any such vote switch has to work uphill against the existing voting landscape and not merely be thrown to anyone who happens to be around as if at random.

You are aware he is in the US Army and stationed in Baghdad? He probably cannot access this forum during work hours---which are exactly the hours you critizise him for doing nothing.

I was not aware of this. I'd assumed his activity would be similar to the last Lite since its deadline was only two hours off from this Lite's. If there is a difference in behavior, it might be explained by a change in his local circumstances (whether that be his work, personal life, or his villager-wolf status).

I would actually say you are the one who try to generate an appearance of activity. And you appear to try and cast suspicion on people for completely flawed reasons.

I'd say I'm rather trying to prod discussion. While the reasons offered are certainly flawed, I'd say 'completely' flawed is reaching.

You accuse me of voting somebody without votes in the middle of the day, because you think that is late. And then you do the same thing in the end of the day on purely random grounds. I had a case; you have nothing.
You appear to be flinging suspicion around and then doing the exact same that you claim to critizise. Is that to avoid being able to be analyzed later in the game?
You seem rather suspicious for that and sexytoes doesn't appear to be taking off, so

Unvote sexytoes
Vote Bagricula

Huzzah!

Unvote Cliges
Vote alxeu

All non-me lynches are currently equally acceptable.

Agreed. Wagon especially seems to me like he's attacking something that I haven't really seen said, and in both cases, the votes are inconsequential at the moment.
Well I read sexytoes' post as if he wanted a TIE. Normally when you say you think somebody else should be TIEd you mean you want a TIE at deadline with somebody else in. And the reason I find the Arkasas statement suspicious is that he seems rather sure that Arkasas is of no value to team wolf; but if he is a wolf Arkasas does have value for team wolf and the way Dadarian went up and also how aedan later took off---and now alxeu---could be an attempt to save Arkasas. Or more likely it is just random pushes. But sexytoes being convinced Arkasas is of no value to the wolves implies he knows Arkasas to be a villager.

There is a tie between Arkasas and Dadarian if I read correctly. I don't like it - Dadarian didn't do anything wrong except being 2x aedan signap number, which seems to be a recurring crime in WW games.
Arkasas panicks when he gets voted and votes himself. I think we can tie him, but he is of no value to the wolf team I think - so the wolves won't go out of their way to save him. I think we should tie someone else.

I've no particular objection to people switching votes in the time frame you're offering. My point is rather that when there are salient candidates a vote switch ceases to live in a neutral landscape devoid of information. It is my expectation then, that any such vote switch has to work uphill against the existing voting landscape and not merely be thrown to anyone who happens to be around as if at random.
Just because somebody already has votes doesn't mean one have to vote them to not be suspicious---especially not half a day to deadline. Also my switch has a case behind it; Arkasas and Dadarian has none what so ever. And neither has alxeu who was singled out for meta reasons. Sure he often is inactive so not bad reasons, but still meta reasons. So to me that statement reads that it is better to cast a vote for some random runner ups instead of trying to speak ones case and try to convince other people of it and to vote who one actually find suspicious.
I was not aware of this. I'd assumed his activity would be similar to the last Lite since its deadline was only two hours off from this Lite's. If there is a difference in behavior, it might be explained by a change in his local circumstances (whether that be his work, personal life, or his villager-wolf status).
Was he really that active during Middle Eastern work hours? I don't remember that so; he most certainly didn't send any orders in that time span. But I don't know when he has time during the workday so I will leave that discussion.
I'd say I'm rather trying to prod discussion. While the reasons offered are certainly flawed, I'd say 'completely' flawed is reaching.
OK completely flawed perhaps was streatching it; but I still find your behaviour suspicious.

Arkasas: 4
Sleepyhead [53]
Cliges [61]
Korona [62]
Ironhead [58 Wagonlitz -> 93]

alxeu: 4
Bagricula [68 Dadarian -> 121]
Dadarian [51 Cliges -> 55 Arkasas -> 122]
Madchemist [85 aedan -> 129]
Arkasas [67 Arkasas -> 71 Cliges -> 133]

Dadarian: 3
Aedan [52]
Nautilu [54]
Rovsea [72]

aedan: 2
Esemesas [49]
Lemeard [86 Dadarian -> 87]

Rovsea: 1
Alxeu [59]

Bagricula: 1
Wagonlitz [50 Nautilu -> 95 sexytoes -> 127]

Wagonlitz: 1
Sexytoes [82 Lemeard -> 97]

Not voted: 0

You guys remember how we often have talked about how everything seems to end up in linguistics?
Well today at the end of my Advanced Nuclear Physics lecture the lecturer said: And then lets end with some linguistics. And then we ended with looking at a graph and discussing the difference between Swedish 'yr' and Danish 'ør' which both means dizzy. It was because the graph contained the energies of exited states of nuclei as a function of their total momentum; and the steepest line was called the Yrast line; i.e. the dizziest line. It only took a minute, so not really a linguistics discussion, but still shows it can pop up everywhere.

You guys remember how we often have talked about how everything seems to end up in linguistics?
Well today at the end of my Advanced Nuclear Physics lecture the lecturer said: And then lets end with some linguistics. And then we ended with looking at a graph and discussing the difference between Swedish 'yr' and Danish 'ør' which both means dizzy. It was because the graph contained the energies of exited states of nuclei as a function of their total momentum; and the steepest line was called the Yrast line; i.e. the dizziest line. It only took a minute, so not really a linguistics discussion, but still shows it can pop up everywhere.

You all use 'r' for total momentum i.e. ø(r)?

unvote arkasas

vote dadarian

Same familiar tie, different person!