• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well will there be a Session or not ?

P.S : how about after 60 years old we could make our characters retire Czoklet ? (I know you want us to stick to our character until he is dead but some cases are really strange RP wise. I especially think to our Danish warrior who was able to live until 85 while being maimed :p )

Great new chapter! The sheer brutality of the battle of Maritza is just so very grimdark. And I agree, that the death of Markos was beautiful written. Now, Belisarios is already a great name for an emperor, but think about his heir.

Basileios Angelos, basileios basileon...

And so much RP background fodder in it, too.

I just wonder, what happens in the Americas. My bet is, that the sunset invaders are invaded themselves by a mighty Ming-Empire, after Zeng He has found the route to Amerika!

Well will there be a Session or not ?

P.S : how about after 60 years old we could make our characters retire Czoklet ? (I know you want us to stick to our character until he is dead but some cases are really strange RP wise. I especially think to our Danish warrior who was able to live until 85 while being maimed :p )
Everyone knows the Scandinavian Eurocommies have good health care.:happy:

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #8[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

1) that the following delegates of the noble Houses to the Imperial Senate have died due to natural causes:
  • senator Hadrianos Raoul (played by: Attalus)
  • senator Lazaros Melissenos (played by: McGrey)
  • senator Theophilus Rhadenos (played by: viola)
  • senator Septimark Wedrovander (played by: Kingjerkera)
  • senator Anastasios VI Salamis (played by: ParrotGuy)
  • senator Konstantinos Moustakas (played by: Andre Massena)
  • senator Georgios Tsoukalos (played by: Halocon720)
  • senator Alvar Cortez (played by: zqfrmb)
  • senator Michael Scipion (played by: varetta)
  • senator Zubinus Jalius (played by: alamking)
  • senator Oscar Godric (played by: Malal)
  • senator Alexios Batavos (played by: LordSolar)
  • senator Frederik V Hvide (played by: Drucchi)
  • senator Alexios Chrysos (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  • senator Gaius Arrius(played by: TheAnguishedOne)

2) that therefore the following noble Houses may appoint new representative to the Imperial Senate:
  • House Raoul (played by: Attalus)
  • House Melissenos (played by: McGrey)
  • House Rhadenos (played by: viola)
  • House Wedrovander (played by: Kingjerkera)
  • House Salamis (played by: ParrotGuy)
  • House Moustakas (played by: Andre Massena)
  • House Tsoukalos (played by: Halocon720)
  • House Cortez (played by: zqfrmb)
  • House Scipion (played by: varetta)
  • House Jalius (played by: alamking)
  • House Godric (played by: Malal)
  • House Batavos (played by: LordSolar)
  • House Hvide (played by: Drucchi)
  • House Chrysos (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  • House Arrius(played by: TheAnguishedOne)

[size=+1]FACTION EVENTS (1480-1500)[/size]
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace,hereby reminds the noble Senators of the following events concerning Senate Factions:

y4vncj4.jpg

dFjKwYq.jpg

bi3GnV0.jpg

ewEybtE.jpg

LYb1PIt.jpg

vpdCXs8.jpg

BgJpV9V.jpg

BbxQJMl.jpg

jqOWFzs.jpg

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***[/size]

[size=+1]IMPORTANT! DO NOT SEND ME YOUR SUBMISSIONS WITH NEW CHARACTERS JUST YET – I WILL DELETE THEM WITHOUT READING[/size]​
The reason for this is that:
1) there is a special update coming this weekend - no, it's not a dev diary, it's something... different ;)
2) the Fourth Senate Session will take place after the next chapter is released (which is planned to happen in c. 2 weeks)
3) the rules concerning interaction and role-playing are going to be revised

I will answer for all your comments when I have some time during this week; thank you very much for kind words and let me just tell you that writing this chapter was a lot of fun :)

I will also post an updated Album Senatorium (the list) when I have some time.

As a bonus, here's a little sneak-peek into the next chapter for the impatient:

k5p79MU.jpg

The Angeloi protect!

[size=+2]

k5p79MU.jpg

The Angeloi protect!

I'd vassal that.

Except how did they break free so small? IIRC an enforce demands would have released all their cores...

Yay!
Also I'm still alive, which... OK, I'm going to rewrite my next character so he's not decrepit, I was hoping he'd take power well before now. I suppose that word got back to the family that he was too friendly with the Blues.:) Plus all the new merchants makes me want to go full bloodhound rather than Closet Blue.

Besides which the recent war with Pisa (and maybe another..?) so close to Italy would let the Este-Ravenna to cover themselves with glory. And blood. Some of it theirs. But mostly glory.

Aragon is reborn and the Blue Demes are in control!

I eagerly await whatever is coming this weekend. Anything akin to a Dev Diary to always fun to read.

Has anyone thought what the implications of that tiny aragon means? Think about it. That aragon was tiny. i doubt the aztecs came back and nommed them after eating them, so i think whats happend here is that the rebels have enforced demands, which means, depending on our luck, we have repulsed the aztecs from europe, Now border more christian nations (France, Brittania, Germany and Scandinavia), or, and this is what i think has happened, we are now dealing with several corrupted kingdoms of the forementioned who worship the false gods. But the bigger picture is, what could of caused them to have so low manpower? I think we know the answer, the land of the sapa inca. Either the aztecs have took so much land that they have suffered stupid amounts of OE, or the Incans have managed to kick the aztecs arse

no matter the truth of the matter, We must act quicky, for this is a very narrow time frame.

At last, we the Blues are in power !
I'll begin writing about my next character but he won't be like Hadrianos at all. Expect some greedy merchant with lots of dark secrets :p

I'd vassal that.

Except how did they break free so small? IIRC an enforce demands would have released all their cores...

Yay!
Also I'm still alive, which... OK, I'm going to rewrite my next character so he's not decrepit, I was hoping he'd take power well before now. I suppose that word got back to the family that he was too friendly with the Blues.:) Plus all the new merchants makes me want to go full bloodhound rather than Closet Blue.

Besides which the recent war with Pisa (and maybe another..?) so close to Italy would let the Este-Ravenna to cover themselves with glory. And blood. Some of it theirs. But mostly glory.

I was going to go the same way as a Blue leaning with my current character but its just not as fun as being a militarist. Who needs to argue trade and exporation when there's killin to be done.

That said. Anyone else terrified by the upcoming "something different"?

Though at this point it doesn't sound too outlandish to imagine an Inca-Ming coalition setting out to conquer the world.

Has anyone thought what the implications of that tiny aragon means? Think about it. That aragon was tiny. i doubt the aztecs came back and nommed them after eating them, so i think whats happend here is that the rebels have enforced demands, which means, depending on our luck, we have repulsed the aztecs from europe, Now border more christian nations (France, Brittania, Germany and Scandinavia), or, and this is what i think has happened, we are now dealing with several corrupted kingdoms of the forementioned who worship the false gods. But the bigger picture is, what could of caused them to have so low manpower? I think we know the answer, the land of the sapa inca. Either the aztecs have took so much land that they have suffered stupid amounts of OE, or the Incans have managed to kick the aztecs arse

no matter the truth of the matter, We must act quicky, for this is a very narrow time frame.

Waaaay to optimistic. From the picture you could still still the red colour of Xenoi provinces, you overestimate how many things were released from the war/the revolt. Aztecs will definitely still have alot of land in Europe. Spain for one and most of northern Europe. EU4 makes it hard to lose a lot of land quickly for both player and AI.

Also there is the question, how many cores are still arround/got converted.

This is off topic, but have you given any thought to a reformation mechanic in the Imperium? A religious civil war might be a fun stumbling block, and would give the Senators very concrete things to disagree on.

Everyone knows the Scandinavian Eurocommies have good health care.:happy:

If it wasnt for those meddeling kids he would still be alive I WANTED THAT DEME LEADER IMMORTALITY DAMMIT.

An amazing chapter! Truly glorious. Glad to see a strong Aquitaine, althrough I really hope Pisa survived and remains strong until at least V2.
The death of the Emperor was truly beautiful, the music added a lot. I said that before and I'll say that again- this AAR's story is at least as interesting as a really good book.
The interactive part may be very fun and all, but nothing can beat those amazing chapters.
And about the Senate, I'm very glad to finaly see the blues in power, althrough it kind of ruins my RP plan- I was planning a huge drama with a white supporting nephew of my dead Senator taking over, but there's no way I'm going to miss beign in power! :p
Guess this drama will have to be postponed, and I'll have change some of my already written characters ;)

Last edited:
Great aar but it's sad to see how poor the AI is. The AI is pretty good at fighting a war, but terrible at actually winning anything that matters. The Xenoi and Pisans threw away their victory in the last war. If they had been in the hands of a player they would have broken the Imperium completely. Instead they settled for a handful of ducats and two provinces. Next war, when the imperium won, they took half the Pisan lands and are about to start demolishing the Xenoi in Europe.

I think the problem is that the Xenoi don't have the right casus belli to take land when they win their wars. The AI thinks the diplomacy cost or AE will be too high so they settle for next to no gain. They either need a good all-purpose casus belli like Holy War or they need to be given claims by events (such as those certain countries get with "Italian Ambitions" or the Ottomans gain against the Mamluks to guide them into taking the Levant and Egypt). And those claims need to last longer than 25 years since they tend to expire before the AI is capable of taking advantage of them.

The glitch that freed Pisa from their vassalisation should also be reversed, it's really not in their best interest to be unprotected from the Imperium.

I'm sorry if I come off as too negative. You've done a wonderful job with this AAR. But for all the challenges you've given yourself it still seems the AI is unable to keep up with you. No matter how well written an AAR is, or how fun a game is to play, it tends to become less interesting when the eventual victory of the player seems inevitable. And if you keep taking ten provinces for every two provinces lost you will soon be undefeatable.