• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
didn't say it has to be cored, i said they got to border a province of you.

Pretty sure the mechanic still works like this.

Only a nation that borders one of YOUR nation' (not vassals) provinces (core or not doesn't matter) can start a coalition versus you.

In the example of my champa peace deal: do +100 relation with anyone that would border the taken province from champa after you vassalised them. Fabricate claims. Sell province back. Start new war. Noone can make coalition after the second war either if you feed your vassal.

You can then take new province to fabricate claims from, after doing +100 relation with the nations that border that povince you will take in second war, apart from feeding the vassal. Make new claims, sell province BACK to nation you took it from or to anyone else who accepts the culture and the religion abnd can core the province. (check culture map). If you plan ahead well, you can keep at this for a LONG time. And no coalitions.

Its how i did the champa--->lan xang--->lan na ---> pegu claim, more or less. But in my case i just cored the provinces, as i actually wanted a coalition to form.

Regarding lan xang: they were indeed allied to Pegu. Pegu joined in the fight when Ava attacked Lan Xang.

I force vassalised lan xang while Pegu was still in that war, leading to me being dragged into war vs AVA, with Pegu on MY side.

I recall that having a port means that any nation with a port can coalition you...

If the nation doesn't have a port within coring range of my ryukyu island okinawa, they can't start coalition?

I don't know how it works exactly...

Theres so many hidden rules in eu4.

All i know is the good old eu3 trick that used vassals to protect you from attacks is bit similar to this trick to keep nations from forming coalitions against you. It does work.

Its a bit like writing my PU guide, you gotta start by assumptions.

If anyone exactly knows what the rules and conditions are for a nation to START coalition, ple post away.

I'm 100% sure that ONE nation has to qualify to start it, and then any nation can join it, even on another continent.

This AAR is utterly fascinating.

If the nation doesn't have a port within coring range of my ryukyu island okinawa, they can't start coalition?

I don't know how it works exactly...

Theres so many hidden rules in eu4.

All i know is the good old eu3 trick that used vassals to protect you from attacks is bit similar to this trick to keep nations from forming coalitions against you. It does work.

Its a bit like writing my PU guide, you gotta start by assumptions.

If anyone exactly knows what the rules and conditions are for a nation to START coalition, ple post away.

I'm 100% sure that ONE nation has to qualify to start it, and then any nation can join it, even on another continent.
They may join it but they won't, if they don't meet the conditions.
In my Switzerlake game I pretty much avoided any coalition except for my neighbours by just not conquering any port for my own. Though I'd like to more know about coalition from port as well.

If anyboy is interested in the coalition mechanic, in my current game, i got Arakan into coalition against me, which is 287.9 effective distance away from my nearest port. And it's the nearest nation with AE of > 50. Pegu and Ayutthaya with 320 range and 60 respectively 90 AE did not join, all three have positive opinion of me. Whoever unerstands this, i don't :)

Edit: The second i rivaled them, Dai Viet joined the coalition as well, with a range of 600 and 100 AE as well as -100 relationship. This run is over :D

Back to Atwix, who this thread is about.

For breakfast, eat Baguette.

For Lunch, eat Kebab.

i figured out the coalition thing.

Seems my rule is correct, but the port one is correct too.

If a nation borders any province of you (cored or not) or IF your nation has a port, any nation can start a coalition versus you.

This means nations without a port can avoid coalitions if executed well.

This also means ryukyu can't avoid coalitions, because they have a port.

Also, nations who have positive opinion of you and load of AE from your previous wars, won't join a coalition (i think).

I think a nation needs to be in negative opinion of you before they can join a coalition or make one.

Doesn't it work the same as Fabricating Claims? They can enter coalition if you border them or share seazone?

Are you sure about this? I'm like 95% sure that I've ended up with Savoy/Provence in coalitions against me after my first war against France as Castille, without having provinces or seazones next to them.

Are you sure about this? I'm like 95% sure that I've ended up with Savoy/Provence in coalitions against me after my first war against France as Castille, without having provinces or seazones next to them.

anyone can join a coalition after someone started one.

Pretty sure its not sea tile, but not 100% sure.

Chapter 4: France for breakfast, Ottomans for lunch

This chapter will show how Ryukyu took on the two big bully nations in Europe.

Tuscany did full annexation of Naples, with the help of Austria. Bold :eek:

Austria declared on Saxony with imperial liberation cb. They made this seperate peace. I won’t be taking a border with Austria as long as they got this crazy expansionist young militaristic ruler :confused:

They could probably eat entire northern HRE if he wanted it to happen!

Austria took more land of Saxony in the peace deal, instead of liberating HRE princes (as the war was started for). This Austria ruler is scary. Lucky I got him on my side though! :)

Here I go again. I attack FRANCE for the second time! But this time Austria joins in too, along with Spain…

France got involved in a war Scotland started versus Norway. This led to France being dragged in a war versus England, Norway and Muscovy.

They ferried ALL their troops to foreign land… I checked that by looking at the sieges in that war.

You can see provinces being sieged even if theres fog of war blocking your vision. Any province being sieged shows who is sieging and with what army count.

I made sum of all French troops I could ‘see’ sieging provinces abroad, and compared that to the army count in the ledger. Yup, entire French army is abroad. Time to strike :D

Note that I made all allies of France co-belligerent. This dragged three electors of the HRE in.

I used 1k stacks again to win this war. 3 no attach 1k stacks looted France and made constant circles on all French provinces to stop all troop production (this is very important, France would quickly make 50k troops in France if I didn’t do this, so to speak). Several other 1k stacks (with attach on) sieged key provinces like Ile-de-France, with parts of the Austrian and Spanish army attached.

This is the way to win wars versus France, people. You can use this tactic aswell to defeat France in 144x, while they are still in the HYW. Just lead stacks with ally armies attached into a baiting position, let France attack, and reinforce fight with all rest of the 1k stacks with ally armies attached. I did it plenty times, you just need good understanding of manoeuvring, terrain, and the patience to micromanage-move 10 1k stacks (looters or with armies attached) one province at a time towards their goals all the time. Its tiresome to do, but as I said in previous chapter: micromanaging makes you win wars.

Ryukyu (or any nation) with 10 1k stacks CAN defeat France this way. You just watch :D

See? Ryukyu starts occupying France! :eek:

Important note: if you siege a province with 1k+army attached, the siege leadership can switch to the attached army nation IF any other army walks across that province, or if another army reinforces the attached army. If you see a siege in a province pass 0%, check monthly if you still have the siege lead. If not, give order to move to neighbouring province and cancel it same day. The siege will continue with no progress lost, and you will get siege lead again. This won’t work if the army isn’t attached.

More and more provinces get occupied in Ryukyu name. I made seperate peace with Barrois and fed it to Austria. The plan is to do same with Liège.

A well timed event made my stability -2 again.. I can start more wars now! Yay :rolleyes:

Pegu ferried 2k troops to Corsica and did attempt at a siege. Brave vassal! They sailed all the way from Southeast Asia to Corsica to help me out. I’m going to help *them* out now, they deserve it :cool:

France is being sieged completely. This war is won :p

I sent 1k stacks to Corsica, Savoy, Liège, Palatinate, Trier and Cologne aswell, because, why not. This war is maybe won, but I won’t end it yet. You’ll soon see why not.

Portugal is on a full annexation spree. They annexed several American tribes, Jolof, then they took india mission and full annexed Ceylon. Who said AI can’t do naval invasions? They obviously fixed it.

See that 141k rebel stack in England? They stackwiped France everywhere, because France sieged stuff they occupied, and because France couldn’t retreat anywhere. Scotland ended the war with Norway, and tiny stacks of France walked back black flagged all the way from Norway. Austria killed all of ‘m when they set foot in France again.

The 141k rebel stack in Englandhas been there for DECADES, and has been killing several hundred thousand English troops. Entire England has been hampered in their growth since forever. The rebels don’t siege London, and never occupied more then 50% of English territory. So the situation drags on. In the end they vanished when they occupied more then half of England.

Aaaaargh Austria :mad:

They peace out seperatly, right when I was going to feed you all the electors!! Oh well, your loss. They took Calais for themselves. They can have it. The reason I waited to feed Austria all those electors was their high overextension. I should have just done it, and overfeed them. But I decided against it, since I didn’t want an Austria full of rebel stacks and/or nationalism provinces.. I was planning to do another war with them after this.

Note that England can join the HRE once Austria cores Calais! If they get tiny enough. I scrambled my stacks to the onuccopied provinces France had again.

Wonder why I am still in the war? Scotland. They offer me a free way into North America by seizing a colony of theirs. I also get Holy war CB on them for next wars. Not that I’ll need it, likely. I’m not done with the rest of Scotland either….

Spain is nice enough to siege up everything in Scotland. Thanks Spain! Another proof naval invasion AI works very well now :eek:

I bet you think “What the….” now :eek:

That’s right, the Von Habsburg dynasty spread to me since my king died heirless. In that case, the nation with the highest tax base of all your RM partners provides a noble to become your new king. Its not even a bad stat king!

Ryukyu is now part of the Habsburg dynasty! If Austria ever goes heirless…… I’ll be there to take advantage of it. Let the game of thrones begin….. :)

Ming is about to go KABOOM! No more runs on the Ming bank in the future :(

The habsburg king proves to be very fertile. Or was it the geisha he married to that did the trick :p

Anyways, a really nice stat heir spawned. Pity he has weak claim though. Oh well, not everything can work out as I want it to…

This is why I stalled the war so long. I fully occupied Scotland, and did a 100% core return peace deal on them. England will love me for it :D

I bet you need a moment to study this screenshot.

It shows the peace deal I made with Scotland, and the one I made the day after with France.

As said, I gave back England (almost) 100% warscore worth of provinces back. I slightly altered peace deal for war reparations and ducats.

Result? They have super high trust and a +200 opinion modifier with me thanks to “returned territory”.

An alliance was impossible, even if i England has +200 opinion of me, because they are heretics and the game then states i got -25 total opinion of England instead of 0. But I set Scotland (their rival) as MY rival, and MY opinion of them changed from -25 to 0 (because we both had Scotland as rival), which enabled me to ally them!

From France I took Gascogne, Périgord, Dauphiné and Provence. I gave Spain their core Pirineo back because otherwise they’d get HUGE negative opinion hit of me due to “didn’t give occupied claims/cores in peace deal” negative malus. So I gave ‘m Pirineo back, and instead I got HUGE trust boost with them. Spain trusts me utterly now. That will come in handy.

I was able to CORE provence, gascogne and Périgord by hiring a colonial governor. That juuuuust about enabled me to core France provinces counted from ARGUIN (with governor I had maybe 44x core range and counted from Arguin Gascogne and Provence were both 43x range). I released Dauphiné to get reconquest CB on France for next war, also to go under 100% overextension again.

Right.

I just had France for breakfast, and now I started working my way to having Ottomans for lunch.

Byzantium offers me reconquest versus Ottomans. Spain and Austria are rivals of Ottomans. So they will join again once I start the war. Note that Spain can walk through my provinces and through HRE towards Ottomans, since I own a nice corridor between Spain and HRE.

Remember I said that Spain had load of trust in me? The direct result is that they will kill MY rebels on MY land, even in peace time. They just walked from Spain into my conquered French provinces and killed the rebels. I did this on purpose, rest assured. There was NO other way to ensure I wouldn’t get rebels on French territory before I finished coring the French Provinces I took. Harsh treatment is a joke since the change, and I need the military points to tech up.

It would have been flat out impossible to core this French land if Spain didn’t trust me enough to help me kill my rebel stacks.

I also want to note that I did NOT take a border with Austria, since I would likely have gotten “wants your provinces” negative opinion modifier. If Austria did NOT have militaristic ruler, that opinion modifier would vanish.

Remember people, if an ally that borders you has or gets a militaristic ruler, they might break alliance to conquer your provinces.
Hence why I did NOT take border with Austria. Don’t *ever* let your nation or your vassal border Burgundy, for example. BAAAAD idea :confused:

I was so eager to start the war, that I forgot to check what allies of Ottomans I should have set as co-belligerent and which not. Oh well :rolleyes:

Ottomans got bled in a Crimea-Muscovy war, and had 0 manpower. Crimea was low too. This made the war easier. The real problem in this war is Persia. They got full manpower and a bigger army then Ottomans. Still, the combined might of Spain and Austria made this war 2 to one, if you don’t count my vassal armies..

All of a sudden I got like 30 popups, and my game froze for a second or two. The reason? Ming went KABOOM. And it went really nicely Kaboom. No patriot rebel mess, a clean explosion which spawned almost all possible nations Ming has inside it..

Yeah I know, it looks nice huh! Bet you never saw such a nice ex-Ming. It will get lot easier now to wage war in the Chinese territory. Or so I hope.

The war versus Ottomans has just begun, and the inevitable second rebel stack spawns on French territory. Spain killed the Acquitaine patriot rebel stack in Périgord before, and now they kill the Gascon patriot rebel stack in Gascogne. Thanks a lot Spain :D The Occitain rebel stack will take a lot longer to spawn, since Provence has 99% autonomy (due to France integrating it right before French war, and they raised autonomy after).

I didn’t even have to use a 1k stack to direct ‘m there. Those troops were waiting on transportation into Ottoman land, and killed my rebels while they waited. Spanish fury unleashed!

Last edited:
Reactions:

Somehow my troops on the way to Greece got black flagged. Probably because I started a war in Asia while they were walking abroad. Stupid bugs :rolleyes:

I had to return to Provence and back to Greece. The idea was to place 1k stacks on all the provinces Austria has a claim on, in Ottoman land. And they made a LOT of claims, due to them having this OP militaristic ruler. They should forbid militaristic rulers in big blob countries! Well, thanks to this stupid black flag bug I couldn’t occupy these claims in my name. Oh well :(

See that Spanish stack? The Spanish fleet just dropped it there, and now went back for the stack that just killed the Gascon rebels. Proof again naval AI got improved a BOATLOAD (pun intended).
Ottomans got trashed by Austria, and the Austrian army then moved to the province south of it, which the Ottomans attacked with that second stack. The entire Ottoman army got routed :eek:

Saxony was the leader of the protestant league. They got trashed by Austria remember? Somehow they managed to get into a war versus 16 nations, including Muscovy. Funny enough, the leader of the Protestant league is at war with many members of its own league… :confused:

Suffice to say noone would start a league war anytime soon. Besides, who would have the guts to declare on Austria? At the end of this chapter there still hasn’t been any league war.

Ottomans and Persia keep sending troops into Edirne or Constantinople. Austria immediately scrambles then and reinforces the battle. The result is the Ottomans and Persians get sent across the Bosporus several times. The problem here is that the Ottoman fleet blocks our armies to cross the Bosporus. If only Spain and Austria would do a joint attack on the Bosporus… But that 75 fleet of the Ottomans frightened both of ‘m. BOO :mad:

Ottomans made brave attempt at sinking the Spanish fleet after it offloaded more troops into the Ottoman territory south of the Bosporus. They won thanks to their galleys. Spain sank a considerable lot of Ottoman ships though…. If only Austria had come to help but noooooooo :rolleyes:

That’s one flaw the naval AI still has. It is bad at staging co-op naval battles versus a common enemy.

Note that I’m sieging the wargoal. I need that ticking warscore!

I started another war in Asia, doing the same old. Micromanaging for the win.

I could use more sieging troops in Asia though. I don’t expand in Asia as fast as I would like. But I still lack manpower and ducats.

That’s the big downside of my “ryukyu into Europe” campaign… The expansion in Asia is sloooow. But then again, I’m fighting in Europe now as Ryukyu before 1600 :eek:

We’ll see how things develop I guess.

Khmer was the first victim of that Asian war. I fed their last province to Champa. Bye Khmer.

Another “reveal major part of the map” triggered. Going catholic as westernised Asian nation has its benefits… I see almost entire Europe, Africa and Asia now, and everything in Amercia that got discovered since the last big reveal.

Since the remains of the Ottoman fleet still blockaded the Bosporus, Austria moved into Crimea and sieged everything there. Crimea had Galicia-Volhynia as vassal (they integrated them a bit after this war started), along with Circassia. I tried to siege a bit there aswell.

Note that Crimea borders Austria now, after integrating Galicia-Volhynia. Now there is a first :confused:

I finished coring the taken French territory. Yay! Ryukyu has cores in Europe :D

Gascon, Acquitaine and Occitaine all became accepted cultures in the end. Austria is really going on an occupation spree… Luckily parts of their big army attached to 1k stacks of mine, which I then used to defend the siege stacks in Constantinople and Edirne.

See that spanish stack in deep Ottoman land? It split up and sieged some provinces near the spanish occupied province. In the end Spain transferred all those occupations to me.

Meanwhile, I fully occupied everything in the first Asian war, and started another one. This netted me a border with Oirat in a seperate peace deal. And Holy war cb versus a few more nations.

Time to end the first Asian war now. Pegu got fed a load of Tibetan provinces, and Pegu officially owns the Himalayas. I took two strategic provinces for myself to get more holy war CB targets.

Note that I usually take 1 base tax provinces that are strategically placed (aka bordering lot of nations) to get holy war CB. 1 base tax equals 4 overextension, which isn't too bad, even if you can't core those provinces. It saves you tons and tons of peace deal diplo points in the end. The peace deal might "show" that a peacve costed xxx diplomatic power, but in fact all peace deals made with holy war cb, including seperate peace, will cost 0 diplo power. ZERO, ZIP, NADA :D

These are the targets of the second holy war.

I led one of the 1k stacks with Spanish army attached back to Provence, to kill the Occitain rebels that finally spawned. I won’t get French rebels anytime soon again now :p

I did white peace with Persia. They got tired (and wet ;)) due to crossing the Bosporus 10 times in their underwear, with their tail between their legs. I transferred occupation to Byzantium where I could.

I was getting fearful of Austria bailing out of the war, after occupying all that Crimean land. I almost vassalised Circassia for myself in a separate peace deal but I thought “HOOOLD!!! Check if they take aristocracy at some point first!!!”

Didn’t want to make the same mistake I made in the Foix run, with Lithuania. Turns out Circassia already HAD taken aristocracy. Oh well. I conjured up an alternative peace deal then. I cancelled Circassia as a vassal, took one province, war reparations and cancel alliance with Ottomans, and took their ducats. That one province near Circassia might come in handy in future. I'll just harsh treat that Black Sea Province, core it, and convert it. Should be worth it in the long run.

Note that separate peace deals can NOT give Austria the “didn’t give occupied provinces in peace deal” malus with me. That is why I did separate peace with Crimea before Austria decided to bail out of the war for a few Balkan provinces. Austria didn’t care.

Austria did bail out 6 months later, taking Zeta in a seperate peace deal. Spain did a white peace with Ottomans. Oh well. If only you had sunk the Ottoman fleet! Spain did a white peace with Ottomans soon after. Now I was only able to do a 81% warscore peace deal instead of 100%... I should have made a deal before Austria peaced out. But I wouldn’t have been been able to get lot more out of the war anyways, since Austria had to be rewarded at least one province for their effort.

Ottomans suddenly attacked only ME a day or so after and I scrambled to make a peace deal.
Byzantium got a nice chunk of land. I made Byzantium border with Austria now, since their militaristic young ruler died (most likely during a siege) and a diplomatic ruler became emperor. In case you wonder: no, Austria did not get the “wants your provinces” malus with me. Trust me, that’s only a (huge) problem if you border a nation with a militaristic ruler ;)

Ayutthaya was the first victim of the second Asian war. They did siege up some provinces, but after stack wiping their army Lan Xang got their final province. Bye Ayutthaya.

The second victim of the second holy war versus Kham was Taungoo. Taungoo got some more provinces after Ming exploded, and moved capital. This enabled me to feed the 5 base tax province of them BACK to Pegu, and two other provinces to Lan Xang.

Taungoo occupied like 7 provinces of Pegu, but to no avail. As I said before, for vassal feeding purposes only high warscore counts. If you occupy a nation 100%, you can do 100% vassal feed peace deals no matter what they sieged up.

Kham was the final victim; I reduced them to OPM.

The plan now was to move capital to Europe. But I couldn’t. WHAT? :confused:

It said I had two provinces in Africa. WTF I only got ARGUIN there!
I did an examination. Another problem seemed to thwart my plans… AAARGH!

What happened? I cleared natives on Fernando Po, the tiny island south of Benin. I started colony there, and lowered colonial maintenance so it would stay at 20 settlers. I did this to “claim” the island as mine, to avoid that other colonizers make a colony there.

The plan was to abandon the colony when I finished second Asian Holy war, move capital, and restart the colony.

But somehow Fernando PO became a full fledged colony, with Japanese culture, but WITHOUT a Ryukyu core.

Result? I couldn’t move capital, since I owned two African provinces. I can have only ONE province in Africa to qualify to move capital. AAARGH. I really have to read patch notes better.

But then I remembered Portugal had a claim on Arguin, and that Arguin used to belong to Spain. So in theory, I could core Fernando Po (yeah, I was able to CORE a full fledged colony I started.. Fernando Po simply had NO core whatsoever but it did have a fort, but it was flagged as belonging to MY nation. If anyone has a clue what happened there, please enlighten me!), move capital there, sell Arguin, and then move capital to Europe.

edit:
Originally Posted by Orkonkel

Colonies without distant overseas modifier (meaning on the same continent or connected via land to your capitol) will always start without a core for some reason. Only thing I can think of is that you kept your colonist in the colony, and it'll keep ticking up due to monthly colonial chance to bring in extra settlers. Apart from that, no idea why you would've gotten that colony.
hrmmm... You are probably right. Silly me But i can't remember i ever got a popup and pause for a colony that finished.. But i might have missed it in the wars. Or I didn't read it well.

Edit: you are right. I thought the seized scottish province finished at some point, but the popup was clearly for the Fernando Po colony. I must have sent a colonist to Fernando PO thinking i was sending him to the NW america colony...

Oh well, it got solved in the end. And that Fernando Po colony will come in handy in the far future.

There was one slight problem though. I became victim of PU mechanic :confused:

I couldn’t sell Arguin to Portugal or Spain, since they were at war. And what war! A succession war over Portugal versus Austria….

Spain had just a royal marriage with Portugal. Portugal king died heirless. This triggered a succession war, since Austria (rival of Spain) qualified to contest the succession. AARGH!
I was hoping to avoid a war between Austria and Spain :(

I had to dishonour my alliance with Spain when the war started. GRRRR!!! :mad:

And now Spain became hostile to me, because they had militaristic ruler. Austria occupied almost entire Spain, but forgot to siege Lisboa, the Spanish defensive wargoal. This gave Spain ticking warscore (+25 in 5 years) while Austria barely had +40 positive warscore due to sieges and battles after 5 years. In the end, Spain kept the PU, but had to release Navarra.

Oh well. I guess I can do the next war versus France with England and Austria at my side. The only problem is the French rebels. Spain won’t kill ‘m whenever new ones pop. So I *have* to take a border with Austria in the next French war. I hope I can grovel up to Spain again and re-establish this alliance at some point. Bet not.

Anyways, I made Fernando Po my capital, sold Arguin to Portugal, and moved my capital to PROVENCE. That was a nice 200 admin points wasted thanks to this colony thing, and a few years of waiting until the Spanish war ended. Oh well, my war exhaustion lowered and my vassals got a breather.

Why Provence as capital and not Gascogne you might wonder.

Granted, Gascogne would have netted me more trade income. But I would have been stuck with a Provence province at 99% local authority, since France increased it after integrating Provence.

Moving your capital makes the province you move it to 0% local autonomy. So I moved it to Provence. Gascogne and Périgord got 45% autonomy. Not too bad.

Also, if I integrate Dauphiné, and if I conquer Avignon, Lyon and Auvergne in next French war, then occitain will become dominant culture in Ryukyu, enabling me to culture shift. That might be handy if I eat entire France.

You can only culture shift if a single foreign culture is the culture in your capital and a majority of your provinces in your total province count. So I’d need more Occitain provinces then Japanese to be able to culture shift. Right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

We’ll see.. My French truce expires in 1577.

In the meantime, the Japanese couples made love in the lavender fields of their new Capital Provence.. We need more manpower, after all! :eek:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Colonies without distant overseas modifier (meaning on the same continent or connected via land to your capitol) will always start without a core for some reason. Only thing I can think of is that you kept your colonist in the colony, and it'll keep ticking up due to monthly colonial chance to bring in extra settlers. Apart from that, no idea why you would've gotten that colony.

hrmmm... You are probably right. Silly me :) But i can't remember i ever got a popup and pause for a colony that finished.. But i might have missed it in the wars. Or I didn't read it well.

Edit: you are right. I thought the seized scottish province finished at some point, but the popup was clearly for the Fernando Po colony. I must have sent a colonist to Fernando PO thinking i was sending him to the NW america colony...

Oh well, it got solved in the end. And that Fernando Po colony will come in handy in the far future.

What's next Vassal Curry? Feeding Ming Chew Mein? :D

I'm awaiting the claim throne on Austria. That war should be quite epic.