• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The gains against the Horde have been quite... Underwhelming. I was hoping to see a Roman Black Sea.

But I'm sure that the rest of the update will be much, much bet-

ER3vxZ9.jpg

iqZrZoMI25Vf6.gif

That was glorious ...
Pisa reduced to his rightful place (how come they aren't a protectorate anymore ?) and the Xenoi enduring Slave Revolts sure are nice to see

It is a shame that Markos had to leave but at least he died as he always lived : a true Roman

I smell you are hiding something from the Eastern expedition. Maps hidden in the Pandadikterion sure look weird ;)

WOW

Should be enough to describe my overall reaction.

Damn, that was brutal. At times, events reminded me of Joe Abercrombie's Last Argument of Kings.

Can't say I was surprised to see their navy beating up the Roman one. Alas, it was expected.
On the other hand, I didn't expect them to show up with annons before Europeans. And 130k artillery, seriously? That's insane :eek:

I also agree that it's suspicious that we don't know what has been discovered in the Eastern Sea. Odds are that the explorer didn't find only Timurid lands there.

Good luck for the Reconquista. Peasants War won't be enough to take back all Africa and Europe, but it looks like a sizable chunk of Africa and a few sparse European provinces could be taken. The question is: how much of Xenoi land will you have to occupy for them to concede defeat, for the very first time (iirc).

Indeed finally the empire has hit back and it shall be magnificent. Boy howdy was I a bit skeptical of the empire winning at all. Whatever is happening in the west is certainly good for the empire and it seems my dire predictions are not bearing fruit yet.

Finally, good news! Don't get me wrong, a lot of bad happened in this chapter, but overall things are looking (slightly) brighter.

The death of the Emperor was just incredibly well written.
I'm very excited to learn more about the Faculty of Xenology. Sounds perfect for roleplaying opportunities. Even better now that the Blue Demes gained some influence...

Now we go to war with the Xenoi as the aggressor- something I didn't think would happen any time soon. I know you won't tell us, but do you know what is going on in the West? For that matter, has India been added to the map yet?

Czoklet's tactical spoilering of India+ has me really anxious. Is the East going to get its own update or will it be included in a regular chapter?

Also, can I start lobbying for the reconquest of the Balearics in case the Peasant's War + western "threat" (oh man as much as I love the Inca I hope it's some kind of super Haida-viking invasion) leads to early territorial gains for the Imperium.

Last edited:
Though I mourn the losses of Pisa, I still was floored by the death of the Emperor. Spectacular writing.

In truth though, I do honestly believe that the Pisans are not as evil as the Imperium portrays them to be. It was the Imperium which drove them to this fate.

Wonderful writing in Markos's death, Belisarios seems to be a smart type by his actions. AI's gotta be AI though, and the xenoi and pisans undo themselves, at least a bit, oh well, I'm sure the xenoi will bounce back, their ideas and position are just too good for them to stay down for long, much like France, but at least the land up for grabs is cheap from them, and more valuable to us than it is to them.

Though I mourn the losses of Pisa, I still was floored by the death of the Emperor. Spectacular writing.

In truth though, I do honestly believe that the Pisans are not as evil as the Imperium portrays them to be. It was the Imperium which drove them to this fate.

HERESY!!!!!!

Guess we're picking exploration next. Or naval, damn, our sailors can't catch a break.

With great power, comes great responsibility..

ALthough one wonders what the fate of the Imperium will be if the Emperor was an atheist. Makes you wonder, if he was that apathetic about religion, he wouldn't have arrested Domenico. All the more reason for me to pin the blame on the zealots. I hope they realize that worshipping the Emperor is heresy in and of itself. I also hope Enlil remember's he's playing a senator.

A few notes:

From the sounds of it, Azzies are fighting the Inca.
I don't want to imagine the inflation; Czoklet must be the most loan and merc happy player I've ever seen, holy shit.
My assumption is that we've triggered one of the hidden Dev Diaries, which will be released soon, which is why we don't see India.
Domenico warned the Imperium of the dangers of mobile artillery. He was not listened to until it was too late for thousands of young men.
(Who were drafted using Domenico's draconian Quantity systems, but that doesn't fit the narrative)

oh wow big chapter with A Ton happening.

On the upshot, looks like my family's home in the north is safer than ever with the horde bleeding out.

I had been wondering for awhile when gunpowder would start to really make its mark on the battlefield, I can't wait to see the uproar in the senate (well this chapter will probably trigger tons of uproars in general)

Though if this is the beginning of the end for Pisa I almost feel some sorrow for its passing

The next chapter should be an interesting slug fest of a war.

Last edited:
Wow. Amazing writing, especially at Markos' death.
The losses to the Xenoi weren't too bad- and the victory against Pisa was glorious.
That gamble against the xenoi was well-timed, can't wait to see the results.
Now we clearly have to take Exploration as the next group.

Wow. Amazing writing, especially at Markos' death.
The losses to the Xenoi weren't too bad- and the victory against Pisa was glorious.
That gamble against the xenoi was well-timed, can't wait to see the results.
Now we clearly have to take Exploration as the next group.

Sure we can explore Asia, but colonizing Oceania will be expensive and require a lot of men. Useless at the moment. I recommend a military idea, maybe defensive for that amazing maintenance modifier and the attrition.
As usual great chapter. The death of Markos with the music gave me shivers down my spine. Can't wait to see how the war against the xenoi will turn out. DEATH TO THE HERETICS!

Sure we can explore Asia, but colonizing Oceania will be expensive and require a lot of men. Useless at the moment. I recommend a military idea, maybe defensive for that amazing maintenance modifier and the attrition.
As usual great chapter. The death of Markos with the music gave me shivers down my spine. Can't wait to see how the war against the xenoi will turn out. DEATH TO THE HERETICS!

We have a hard time getting the technology so more Military ? Bad choice IMO

I guess we can wait for Emperor Basileios with his 4/5/0 and not get any technology nor ideas. At the moment we have a 3/3/4, best do it now than never I think.

PS: Great Vicky 2 AAR, reading it and I love it :D

Looks like the Timurids are busy with the Horde, and probably with India. I feared they would come back against the Imperium when the Xenoi were closing in on Constantinople.
Though I wouldn't rule out them showing up once again when the Roman armies are busy in Algeria and Spain...

Well, they aren't just puppets of the Xenoi, that much is obvious. How they thought they could get on as an independant nation stuck between two behemoths, though, is beyond my understanding. I wouldn't have been surprised, had the Xenoi backstabbed them - it's probable only their American troubles kept them away from it.

I know you won't tell us, but do you know what is going on in the West?
Considering how much power they should draw from Europe - with half of their belongings there culturally Aztec -, the Incas must be massively powerful as well, basically having conquered all S. America, to be as formidable a foe to the Aztecs.

I don't want to imagine the inflation; Czoklet must be the most loan and merc happy player I've ever seen, holy shit.
I don't think anyone could beat Peter Ebbesen playing Trebizond in EU2 (World Conquest for Dummies). But the Imperium's inflation sure looks worrying.

We have a hard time getting the technology so more Military ? Bad choice IMO

We would have an easier time if we Westernized... I know it isn't going to happen soon, but we should be seriously considering when the Imperium will have an opportunity to catch up to the Xenoi's tech.

We would have an easier time if we Westernized... I know it isn't going to happen soon, but we should be seriously considering when the Imperium will have an opportunity to catch up to the Xenoi's tech.
15% tech penalty is not worth westernizing for imho.
A mil idea would be a very bad chioce right now IMO, we need the mil to keep up in tech and finish quantity.

Hopefully (fingers-crossed) this is the first crack in the stone of the Xenoi downfall. I'm just feeling so ecstatic imagining a vast mob of escaped Maya, Apache, Spanish, Berber, French, Italian, etc. slaves surrounding Tenochtitlan, burning the countryside, with their broken chains dangling on their wrists :D. Also, its great to see Aquitaine restored to glory, maybe it will actually survive.

P.S. IDK how else to phrase this, Czoklet, but the way its looking my character will be dead before he has even taken part in one senate session. I don't know what kind of complications this will pose, and if it does what should I do? My bad for making my character so old.