• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Healthcare

Minimum wage

Konrad von Schwaben's Acting Cabinet:

Chancellor: Konrad von Schwaben
Deputy Chancellor: Michael von Hohenzollern
Foreign Minister: Michael von Hohenzollern
Minister of Interior: Konrad von Schwaben
Minister of Finance: Fredrick Carile
Minister of War: Hals Gutfreund
Minister of Education: Nikolaus Friedrich Peter von Oldenburg
Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie: Samuel von Dwyfor-Frauenkirche

It saddens me, that the UAI leadership can't work together with its members. It is just a example of history repeating itself. Just with the combatants have changed.

Not to poke holes at the interregnum government, but part of the German Constitution states that "The Interior Minister is automatically Deputy Chancellor and must not come from the same party as the Chancellor.... The Chancellor may not take the position of Interior Minister as his personal ministry." I would suggest taking the post of Foreign Minister yourself and giving Herr von Hohenzollern the post of Minister of the Interior to avoid legal technicalities. Although seeing as this government is only meant to rule for six months, I suppose an exception wouldn't be the worst thing.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

Changes to interim cabinet:

Minister of Interior: Michael von Hohenzollern
Foreign Minister: Franz Meningen

These changes will take place immediately.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Acting Chancellor of The German Republic

No reforms

I find it remarkable that the same men who condemned the proposed Liberal government for irregularities have not protested at von Hohenzollern returning, phoenix-like, to the Cabinet once again - his own irregularities quietly forgotten. Do you think, at least, you can resist the urge to pay in gold or blood for someone else's war for the next six months?

Changes to interim cabinet:

Minister of Interior: Michael von Hohenzollern
Foreign Minister: Franz Meningen

These changes will take place immediately.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Acting Chancellor of The German Republic
You... you have appointed the liberator as foreign minister? Oh dear god... (faints)
- Adelbert af Ambroose, upon hearing the news.

No reform

Stadtholders of the Conclave,

These men and women, sometimes even children, that are protesting for minimum wage outside our Conclave, should be heard. They look to us, the leaders of their great nation, to help them, since their masters, the bourgeoisie, does not. The Government has declared that they will lower taxes to stop the exploitation of the people of Germany by the state, that is a honourable cause, I and most of us here would agree. Some of these people, however, exploit their less successful employees as the State expoilted them, they work in unsafe envoiroments and if they do get hurt or disabled in an accident, it will lead to even more poverty, whilst it is not their fault, they work unsavoury long hours for a very small pay, just enough to live - in some case even to little - and not a pence more.

Liberals always talk about the individualism of the people, how people should care for themselves and then everything will become alright in the end, but the individualism of the rich people leads to the inhumane conditions where a large part of our population in lives. In these conditions, individualism cannot give you a better life, you will not survive if you only care for yourself, thus I ask you, DDA, NLPD and UAI Stadtholders of the Conclave, what is a man supposed to do when the individualism you and your assemblymen praise cannot save them, nor bring them a better life? I will answer with this, minimum wage, for a man cannot truely take care of himself with the small wages he gains after days of hard work. I ask this government to create boundaries for individualism, for a small group may prevent the majority to achieve full independence and is independence of a man, the ability to choose and do without the dependency on others a founding principal of Liberalism? Thus I ask this government to support Minimum wage to give the man and women, sometimes children, the right to be independent.

Furtermore, I hope that the political stability in Germany, however, mostly the political stability of the UAI may return soon. I applaud Supreme Court's decision to call a halt to the useless and quite shamefull back room dealings of the UAI, I also hope that the transparent democracy of the UAI may return once again and that the election will show how the people feel about this quite short Liberal Government of Kanzler Andersen and the lack of reform, that even with a majority of Liberals and Social Democrats in the Conclave and the Assembly, remains existant.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans, Stadtholder of Rotterdam

((Trinket Minimum Wage))

I would like to answer that question on the behalf of the NLPD, Franz von Bavel-Timmermans. We in the NLPD, believe in the voice of the people, and therefore, I voted for a minimum wage and I hope that it gets implemented in German Law.

- ~ Public Statement ~ -

I will not allow you, Herr Meningen, to call for any war to be waged in this 6-month elections.

No reforms

A sad fact indeed, especially considering our constant and absolute willingness to compromise. The UAI Assembly fraction is a Liberal one and to them and me the only thing that matters is a Liberal coalition - even if we had to acquiesce to Dr. Fellman's personal perversity to claim the Chancellorship. Unfortunately, while the Doktor leads a party founded as Liberal, he himself is nothing but a Conservative so unwilling to work with his party members and other left-wing parties that he saw fit to sabotage this coalition.

Alas, let us now enter another round of elections and hope that the German people will once again vote for low taxes and freedom.

- Ludwig Fredrik Andersen
You slander me Herr,Andersen. I have been a liberal all my life and have been a member of the UAI for nearly 30 years and have personally lead the party through reform that gave suffrage to all. For much of my time I have lead the finance ministry in keeping the lowest taxes possible. To call me anything other than a liberal is nothing more than a continuous slandering of myself and a revisionist look at my history. As for your allegations of greed in negotiations I must tell you that they are unfounded. I had negotiated a deal nearly identical to the one you presented to me but yours. However yours besides coming from unofficial channels had one key constraint that where unacceptable to me and to any true liberal coalition. Your partners in the NLPD demanded social reform and unlike myself you caved to their demand as is evidenced by your voting record of favoring healthcare reform while you where in power but opposing all reform just now. So no Herr Andersen, this is not a story of a greedy closet conservative whom has been fainting liberal all his life. It is instead a story of a power hungry junior assemblyman betraying his party and his ideology for that most coveted of offices: Chancellor of the German Republic and you are that assemblyman.

You slander me Herr,Andersen. I have been a liberal all my life and have been a member of the UAI for nearly 30 years and have personally lead the party through reform that gave suffrage to all. For much of my time I have lead the finance ministry in keeping the lowest taxes possible. To call me anything other than a liberal is nothing more than a continuous slandering of myself and a revisionist look at my history. As for your allegations of greed in negotiations I must tell you that they are unfounded. I had negotiated a deal nearly identical to the one you presented to me but yours. However yours besides coming from unofficial channels had one key constraint that where unacceptable to me and to any true liberal coalition. Your partners in the NLPD demanded social reform and unlike myself you caved to their demand as is evidenced by your voting record of favoring healthcare reform while you where in power but opposing all reform just now. So no Herr Andersen, this is not a story of a greedy closet conservative whom has been fainting liberal all his life. It is instead a story of a power hungry junior assemblyman betraying his party and his ideology for that most coveted of offices: Chancellor of the German Republic and you are that assemblyman.

You have led the finance ministry for a long time, but looking back upon the tax levels I'd be damned if that were a good thing.

How could you even consider the formation of a Conservative cabinet after such an overwhelming Liberal victory? Do you dislike Liberals so much, or are you just that incapable of compromise? I have heard quite a different story from the one you spew in public, Fellman, a story which is starting to make more and more sense when we regard your agitation against and alienation of fellow Liberals. Please, name one - just one - Progressive member of this legislature who agrees with your policies. For I, here in the Assembly, have found none.

Furthermore, you are systematically ignoring my repeated calls for compromise and my previous offer to step down as Chancellor. Would a "traitor" do that? I feel you must reconsider who the traitor is; which one of us spreads lies and slander... which one of us brought down the first Liberal cabinet in a long, long time.

Minimum wage

Konrad von Schwaben's Acting Cabinet:

Chancellor: Konrad von Schwaben
Deputy Chancellor: Michael von Hohenzollern
Foreign Minister: Michael von Hohenzollern
Minister of Interior: Konrad von Schwaben
Minister of Finance: Fredrick Carile
Minister of War: Hals Gutfreund
Minister of Education: Nikolaus Friedrich Peter von Oldenburg
Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie: Samuel von Dwyfor-Frauenkirche

It saddens me, that the UAI leadership can't work together with its members. It is just a example of history repeating itself. Just with the combatants have changed.

You cannot serve as both Chancellor and Minister of the Interior; somebody from a different party must fill that role. Also, Deputy Chancellor is not a separate office, but is attached to the Minister of the Interior's portfolio.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

You cannot serve as both Chancellor and Minister of the Interior; somebody from a different party must fill that role. Also, Deputy Chancellor is not a separate office, but is attached to the Minister of the Interior's portfolio.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((He already fixed it.))

((He already fixed it.))

((I just now saw that. :( As you were, gentlemen. :)))

Herren of the Reichstag,

The people of Germany are obviously not satisfied with the progress of reform in our republic. I will vote for a minimum wage. That said, even if we do pass some reforms, we will undoubtedly irritate a significant portion of our populace. To make sure that order is maintained, I direct the Commander of the Corps of Gendarmerie to disperse whichever group does not receive their reforms ((suppress them)) in as peaceable a manner as possible.

Michael von Hohenzollern, Minister of the Interior

I will vote for no reforms. Though we still have much work to do, continously changing our already porous landscape is not the answer. I also must protest against the appointment of Herr Meningen to the Ministry of War. He is a madman, and his never sated thirst for blood will wreck Germany. Please, I beg of you, do not let this imperialistic maniac take control of the army. I sincerely hope the good Chief of Staff will not merely follow in Meningen's wake of death and destruction.
~Herr von Spinoza

I shall support the implementation of a trinket minimum wage. I am also making plans for the suppression of the Healthcare movement, but with a heavy hart I understand that if the Healthcare reforms pass I will have no choice but to suppress the Minimum Wage movement.

((Suppress Healthcare, unless it passes, then suppress Minimum wage.))

I would like to answer that question on the behalf of the NLPD, Franz von Bavel-Timmermans. We in the NLPD, believe in the voice of the people, and therefore, I voted for a minimum wage and I hope that it gets implemented in German Law.

- ~ Public Statement ~ -

I will not allow you, Herr Meningen, to call for any war to be waged in this 6-month elections.

Thank you for the appointment, Herr Schwaben. I shall follow your recommendation and do my best to liberate the peoples of the world through peaceful means.

-Herr Liberator

I will vote for no reforms. Though we still have much work to do, continously changing our already porous landscape is not the answer. I also must protest against the appointment of Herr Meningen to the Ministry of War. He is a madman, and his never sated thirst for blood will wreck Germany. Please, I beg of you, do not let this imperialistic maniac take control of the army. I sincerely hope the good Chief of Staff will not merely follow in Meningen's wake of death and destruction.
~Herr von Spinoza

I am no imperialist! I am a proud liberal and a disciple of the Doctrine of Liberation.

Thank you for the appointment, Herr Schwaben. I shall follow your recommendation and do my best to liberate the peoples of the world through peaceful means.

-Herr Liberator

I am no imperialist! I am a proud liberal and a disciple of the Doctrine of Liberation.
But you would have your liberty through conquest! How would you liberate the peoples of this world without conquest and war? Those are inevitable!

Healthcare