“El Dorado” Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Lets You Go For Gold

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ruler, er, nation designer sounds fun. It will really add replayability. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

And, the Treaty of Tortillas, as one user put it, sounds like it could be an interesting addition. As well as being quite tasty sounding.

This might actually want me to play Spain, which I never have (too easy), though I presume any nation that encounters the Aztecs will get some of these extra events? Am currently playing a Brittany game and eyeing up the Caribbean for colonisation...

- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas
I'm interested in 4 out of 6, sounds good to me.
Will it be a "large" DLC, like Art of War?

Nahuatl just means 'of the Nahua', so it isn't technically wrong.

Fair enough, although it seems a bit inconsistent with the Inca, they should either rename Nahuatl to Teotl or something similar, or change Inti to Quecha just to keep the naming choice the same.

Does this mean the Pagan group will finally be dissolved?

Answering my own question, I don't think they'll be dissolved just yet (at least the uncolonised provinces would almost certainly use them as a placeholder.)

I guess, what I mean is, "will the new religions be placed in a seperate group?"

Nahuatl just means 'of the Nahua', so it isn't technically wrong.

Nor is there any commonly-accepted term for the Aztec religion.

Think of it like using "Norse" to refer to the religion.

Last edited:
Excellent! This is an expansion I've been waiting for ever since EU3 :p It will play nicely with the new provinces and nations added in The Art of War. The new features look really great!

Nor is there any commonly-accepted term for the Aztec religion.

Think of it like using "Norse" to refer to the religion.

That begs the question of whether calling Norse mythology simply Thor or Odin is acceptable, as that's essentially what they've done with the Inca.

I was this close to take a job and earn money in order to buy this expansion. But its alright, I will just mug someone, like I did with Art of War.
Great work Paradox people!

Treaty of Tordesillas was hopelessly broken in EU2. It basically gave Spain and Portugal free reign to conquer, without so much as a war, any province in South America.

But I've every confidence EU4 will do it right. I always wondered why it wasn't in the game.