Crusader Kings II - 2.3.2 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum MMUR - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no words about whether or not the savegame crashes problem are fixed?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?825034-2.3-(BTOF)-Can-t-save-no-matter-what-after-some-time

You are going about this the wrong way. You should link to your issue for starters. Also your post doesn't specify any system specs.

There is not an issue with the game saving under normal circumstances. Hopefully one of the devs sees your thread now and can help, or perhaps even tech support, which I suspect is really the issue.

Have confirmed the issue in the lastest version? Have you reinstalled CK2 - including a full clean installation manually deleting the CK2 folders?

I had same problems before I switched to a 64-bit OS. Now I'm just having lag in the late game, no crashes while saving.
CK2 became more demanding for your system after all those expansions.

- Temple successors now get their liege's religion rather than their top liege's

Yeah, that's better. :) Interestingly, though, as a side note, top liege especially in the royal and imperial ranks did tend to have some sort of patronage over the religion/church in the entire realm that the lesser dukes, counts etc. didn't have. Possibly related to coronation and annointment.

- Rebalanced seduction to make it harder to seduce the spouses of great rulers

What about landed women?

Look, I don't think increasing the difficulty along with the tier is a good fix. Rather it looks like a sort of duct-tape fix to me. It's not like people's morality decreases with their social rank. Something is still wrong if the higher-ups are difficult but the door to a count's wife lies open to anybody willing to give it some time.

I would just tone down the whole thing (as the entry below suggests), implement (and this is important) a distance penalty and a common-sense check for having multiple lovers. Finally, I'd reduce the chance of a continued relationship resulting from a moment of weakness.

- AI: Reduced seduction craze a bit
- Seduction: increased risk of scandal
- Adjusted default message settings to reduce spam

Great.

- Fixed a bug with event 63103, where vassals of vassals could go independent with Elective Gavelkind succession

Also nice. I wasn't really affected, because I didn't really have non-de-iure-vassals, but those could be difficult to get back otherwise (too many penalties to diplovassalization).

- Reduced the Catholic Holy Order regiments in size

Ouch. Life's gonna be harder now, but they definitely were too big from a realistic point of view.

What about Muslim and other military orders, though? And along with reducing the Templars, Hospitallers etc. in size, wouldn't it be proper to take a look at the Mamluks and Ghilman, who effectively serve the same purpose in the game once crusades start? I was gonna say more about this, but I'd like to get a reply first to see where you are on this one.

- Added 'real_fathers' console command

You could have charged us €10 for Crusader Kings 2: DNA Check DLC! :D LOL but I imagine a lot of people would actually have paid it. :D

- Christian pilgrim events now check for character's capital location rather than current location when checking for available destinations.

Yeah, that sounds better. Though I guess even the mere physical presence in c_Jerusalem could cause some events such as going on a pilgrimage without having the Theology focus. (AFAIK pilgrimages aren't affected by distance.)

- Heliopolis is now a temple holding instead of a city holding.

Interesting.

- Hungary should now get a crown authority law when forming from the Magyar decision

While already tweaking Hungary, could you give it access to Seniority as it had back in tribal/pagan times?

- The form Hungary decision no longer creates exponential amounts of troops

Great. :)

- Duels now potentially give the kinslayer trait

Good.

Moved visigothic to iberian culture group

Yeah, I guess.

So sorry about that, quick hotfix out already! Patch notes for 2.3.2 Hotfix

That was quick. :)

1. Make holy orders gradually become more powerful?
Like they become more numerous and get higher tech progressively as game evolves.

Sort of like the mercs. Initially, the mercs remained the same in size throughout the game. This caused the problem that (before the levy nerf, mind you!) they were just simply too small in size late-game.

Military orders, in turn, did/do seem to scale a bit, but they are rather too big early-game than too small late-game. But they could use scaling. Just not to the point where they would at any time be given an army the size of Castille's or something like that.

But (I think) the current problem with military orders having more men in the army than even somewhat large Christian kingdoms is caused not by something on the order side but rather by levies and retinues having been nerfed too far. Two thousand knights in a military order actually is huge (I think late Teutonic Knights had like 700 knights in Prussia), but two thousand HI or two thousand archers isn't really problematic at all. On the other hand, levies of normal feudal rulers are just too small IMHO. But I can be wrong on this one.

2. Make the Shia uprising more powerful
Haven't played for a while because of bugs but I don't think it has been addressed that the Shia never win anymore.

Well, enabling them to win some of the time probably doesn't solve the problem. The problem is caused by the fact that CK2 peace system is essentially a 0/1 thing, even though there are some mechanisms to allow you to peace out with a high score and get all of the occupied holdings but only the occupied holdings and no more expansion for you. This is how religious uprisings actually work. So perhaps a further fix/tweak in this direction could be implemented in order maybe to localize the Shi'ia rising as opposed to making it a global affair for the entire blob? In CK2, once you focus the attention of a large blob on a local problem, that local problem is pretty much bound to disappear from the map.

3. Make it so that religious uprisings of your same religion aren't hostile to you anymore

Of course, and no excuses. Sorry, P-Dox, this was already done in EU3, years ago. Religious and cultural rebels were not hostile to their coreligionists or compatriots respectively.

Right now, you have Armenian Orthodox armies quelling Orthodox/Armenian uprisings throughout Rum when they are on a holy war for Trebisond or Koloneia or something else in the region. Sometimes Georgian. And Umayyad Catholic revolts keep fighting the Kings of Asturias, whom they outnumber severely. This means that Asturias will lose its army when — on a holy war or de iure war triggered by a window of opportunity — they walk into a surprise Catholic revolt. And the rebels will actually actively go out after them.

This is NOT acceptable, especially considering that it marks regress from EU3. And, like I said, it totally breaks realism. If you haven't spent like 1000 hours playing in the Levant and watching that on your own eyes, you are in no position to argue with me because you don't know how it feels.

Hey everyone!

So we really hope that the patch helps a lot of the issues and that you can play the game and have genuinly fun!
Relax, get into the game, play and feel free to let us know about any issues, tweaks and improvements that are needed.

Just keep posting and try and explain everything you want us to look at.

The dev team will keep updating and patching - so of course we really want to hear from you on how to improve and what you feel is needed :)

cheers,
regina

1. You definitely need to fix religious rebel hostility to coreligionists and cultural rebel hostility to compatriots. See the Armenia or Spain example above.
2. Catholic Chaplain should not be a temp position but mirror the character's commitment as essentially a household priest. This means it shouldn't be a career for your young heir who has a wife and infant kids. Don't require theological education (former stewards, soldiers etc. taking the vows should be okay), but connect the Catholic Chaplain position with the Celibate trait. Not necessarily unmarried only, but definitely no longer having relations (at least after ~1050 AD), and in any case not accessible to people who have small children to care for.
3. The same goes for Catholic military orders and monks of any kind. It was not acceptable for someone with small children to just go and become a monk. You'd normally have had to wait until the children became adult and could take care of themselves. Also the spouse's consent would have been required.
4. Please tone down the 100 piety per order penalty cycling through all 4-5 Catholic orders per courtier. I am often turning them down due to roleplaying reasons — as I don't want them to be abandoning their wives and infant children — and then inevitably they come asking to join another order, perhaps another etc. The 100 value is excessive (I honestly don't know how you came up with it, and I feel sad about the way it has not been addressed after so many months), but the Cycle of All Orders is... well... You get the point.
5. Fix the AI already, please. It really, honestly is horrible at pathfinding (not to troll you, but just to let you know where it stands as it is) and bad at using religious military orders or defending in general. For example the Zirids (in Tunis) may declare a holy war for Sicily due to close sea distance and then march overland unopposed through all of Tangier, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence, Genua, Rome, Naples etc. Also the Fatimids marched through Palestine, Armenia Minor, Constantinople, Croatia etc. like that.
6. Regarding AI defence it looks like this: Umayyads declare a holy war for d_Gascogne, despite having half the troops of Francia/West Francia. And they win. This is because the Umayyads will consolidate a 10K stack and just simply park in Dax and count the time as holdings fall. On the other hand, Francia will feed small stacks to the Umayyads one by one rather than consolidating. French defending AI like always ends up having to attack the attacker's stack — where the attacker's stack typically enjoys a defensive bonus from one of the many forests, hills or rivers in the country. From the 769 start, Aquitaine seems to be changing hands all the time because the attacker always wins. Holy war, invasion or jihad will always win due to the defending AI weakness. Catholic crusade or holy war in the crusade era will win because of the numbers that the attacker piles on the Umayyads at a time of the attacker's choosing. And religious or cultural rebels will typically always win because of their numbers and position versus the core Umayyad blob.
7. Nerfed levies and nerfed retinues pose serious problems come Mongols with their >100K stacks.
8. Last but not least, currently cultural retinues have worse stats on paper than cultural levies of the same type. For exampe cultural knights get +60% offensive with max Jousting Lists (IV) and +45% morale from max Training Grounds (III). Cultural retinue knights have: +10% defence, +10% offence, +20% morale. You have effectively made conscripted reservists much more powerful than elite active-duty army units. This is not acceptable, and insults the players' intelligence. You need to come up with a better, smarter and more polished way of balancing. You can't just say: 'Oh, to balance things out, from now on squires will be stronger than knights.' Same way, you can't just say that from now on active-duty professional armies will be weaker than levies. This is not a balancing problem at all, something else is at stake here.

Last edited:
Are we certain seduction has been toned down? Less than 2 weeks of game time in and the Byzantine Empire is already full of pregnant whores with multiple lovers. Really, really detest this. Is there any way to roll back to the previous non-slut patch and keep the new portraits?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?825034-2.3-(BTOF)-Can-t-save-no-matter-what-after-some-time

You are going about this the wrong way. You should link to your issue for starters. Also your post doesn't specify any system specs.

There is not an issue with the game saving under normal circumstances. Hopefully one of the devs sees your thread now and can help, or perhaps even tech support, which I suspect is really the issue.

Have confirmed the issue in the lastest version? Have you reinstalled CK2 - including a full clean installation manually deleting the CK2 folders?

I already did all the steps necessary by uninstalling and reinstalling. Still doesn't work. Also after scouring the web for answers I guess the most likely culprit is because my Windows are still a 32-bit version. Guess I have no other option but to soldier on.
And the problem still persist after the newest patch I can confirm.

I had same problems before I switched to a 64-bit OS. Now I'm just having lag in the late game, no crashes while saving.
CK2 became more demanding for your system after all those expansions.

Guess that's the problem.

Thanks anyway for the response, lads. Really appreciate it.

I already did all the steps necessary by uninstalling and reinstalling. Still doesn't work. Also after scouring the web for answers I guess the most likely culprit is because my Windows are still a 32-bit version. Guess I have no other option but to soldier on.
And the problem still persist after the newest patch I can confirm.

Guess that's the problem.

Thanks anyway for the response, lads. Really appreciate it.

I had AndrewT get in touch with you, he might be able to help.

5. Fix the AI already, please. It really, honestly is horrible at pathfinding (not to troll you, but just to let you know where it stands as it is) and bad at using religious military orders or defending in general. For example the Zirids (in Tunis) may declare a holy war for Sicily due to close sea distance and then march overland unopposed through all of Tangier, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Provence, Genua, Rome, Naples etc. Also the Fatimids marched through Palestine, Armenia Minor, Constantinople, Croatia etc. like that.

Also resolve the problem of the AI not using fleets properly. It needs to be able to assess the fleets that it has and the army requirements - then combine, split or move them as needed to enable an army to load.

Any word on scaling down the amount of lunacy in the game some?

+1 if you want my unsolicited opinion, but I wouldn't count on it. I can't recall which dev team member exactly said this, but it was explicitly said that they were increasing the amount of that as a design decision, perhaps to spice things up.

It isn't a huge problem, but I disagree with that for two reasons:

1. Too much is too much.
2. One shouldn't really do such things (i.e. somewhat arbitrary changes based on a dev's wish to spice things up according to his own personal, subjective sense of humour) after release.

However, this is just my opinion. Unlike some other issues where I'm more certain about my points, here I think there's a chance I'm wrong, and this is all a subjective matter anyway. But I would really appreciate the devs not doing that to us. They can still release such changes as mods or DLCs. Nobody says a dev can't mod. So if this or that developer wants more lunacy in the game just for the fun of it — again, according to his own personal sense of humour — I would really, really ask him to release a mod instead for that and leave vanilla on a more stable, objective ground.

+1 if you want my unsolicited opinion, but I wouldn't count on it. I can't recall which dev team member exactly said this, but it was explicitly said that they were increasing the amount of that as a design decision, perhaps to spice things up.

As far as i recall mighty DoomDoom himself, err...Doomdark.
I think he went mad himself, working first on CK2, then Runemaster and the secret project and now both.

I heard in winter time in Sweden, there is a good chance to become a troll yourself through evil spirits. ;)

Back on topic, i have seen more paranoid traits in my new game, but then i haven't played enough to have an opinion on it to know.
There was a statement along the lines, that the events associated with lunacy, paranoid stuff are to great to be missed or something. Not their/his words, but in meaning.

the amount of lag is really almost unbearable, I have new intel 4690k cpu overclocked to 4.7Ghz and it can take up to 15-20s or more for one month to pass in year 840! after less than one year of playing. It was never THAT bad at the beginning of my session. I cannot even imagine how bad it it would be in ~1000.... 2 minutes for 1 month? and that's on last generation overclocked CPU... Please try optimize it, i know it's not easy, but after releasing so many DLC i think it's time for that

btw when i start in 8th century, at the very beginning it's fast. it just goes to slow-mode much sooner than before.

Why are my dukes imprisoning, blinding, and castrating each other? How is it that they have such authority in the realm and I as Emperor do not? What is going on with this game :\

has anyone else noticed that the game tends to crash more often. maybe its because I am using Ck2 Plus mod, But i have notice the game has become unstable and tends to crash.. Am i the only one experiencing this ?. I put it on speed 2 and it worked for a long time and then crash right in the middle of a war

1. Too much is too much.

Which is my primary gripe. Everyone and their uncle is insane now feels like. There are currently 72 insane rulers in my game (yes, I counted) and many, many more insane courtiers. It used to be something that ensured I'd keep track of the character, an insane Pope would have been screenshot worthy now I've had two and it's just shrugworthy. I don't know what the statistics are for schizophrenia or mental/developmental disorders that could also be described as 'lunacy' so maybe it's more accurate right now but for me it just feels less noteworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.