• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've reported this bug multiple times over the past year and a half and it has never been fixed but I figure I should bring it up again in case one of you can get round to finding a fix for this now. AI armies get stuck in the province of Y Gaer in Powys, once they are moved into that province they will not move until disbanded.

Last edited:
This mod needs to be posted on steam workshop. any reason it isnt on there? id be more than happy to upload it myself lol, but wont!

It's far too big to be uploaded to it.

If you don't mind me asking, what map projection are you using?

I actually have no idea; it was Luca0312 who made the map. I think that for such a small area the distortion is minimal, though, so it doesn't really matter all that much.

I've reported this bug multiple times over the past year and a half and it has never been fixed but I figure I should bring it up again in case one of you can get round to finding a fix for this now. AI armies get stuck in the province of Y Gaer in Powys, once they are moved into that province they will not move until disbanded.

I'd completely forgotten about that, I'll look into it.

This mod needs to be posted on steam workshop. any reason it isnt on there? id be more than happy to upload it myself lol, but wont!

Yeah, it's far too big, even the compressed mod is 353 MB (way over the limit of 100 MB).

I actually have no idea; it was Luca0312 who made the map. I think that for such a small area the distortion is minimal, though, so it doesn't really matter all that much.
NASA's Blue Marble project uses equirectangular projection. We used it for the America map-- there's both color terrain and greyscale topographic maps available, incredibly high resolution stuff. If you need high-res material to properly extend the map, that may be a good option to work with. If you haven't already looked at it

How big would it be if you shipped it without all the music?
Flags, interface graphics and custom map take up a lot of space, music aside. That's probably where a lot of the mod's size is coming from.

How big would it be if you shipped it without all the music?

135 MB when compressed, still over the limit of 100 MB.

NASA's Blue Marble project uses equirectangular projection. We used it for the America map-- there's both color terrain and greyscale topographic maps available, incredibly high resolution stuff. If you need high-res material to properly extend the map, that may be a good option to work with. If you haven't already looked at it

Well, certainly none of us are actually skilled enough to actually build another map, with terrains, coastlines, etc., which is why we were planning to use mjohnsons's. A map expansion would be a lot of work, and there's still plenty of stuff in the current scope that could use a lot of improvement.

Where is this supposed update? I downloaded the mod from the front page once again and it crashes every time I click "single player" Way of Life enabled or not.

We've actually already updated the mod for 2.3 (since it's basically the same as the beta patches, mod-wise), but since we're in the middle of a significant overhaul it would make more sense for us to finish that before releasing the next version. In the meantime, 2.2.1 is still up as a beta...

I think they haven't released it yet.

I think they haven't released it yet.

Yeah, I meant our internal dev version. If you want to try it you can join our group and we can link you up with it, but bear in mind that it's an internal dev version for a reason.

Is there any special way to get your vassals to vote for your choice of successor as Ruler of Brittania? I was doing great, had almost wiped out the Saxons, but then they go off and elect one of my cousins who had poor stats and none of the needed traits, and just like that, the empire crumbled.

Yeah, I meant our internal dev version. If you want to try it you can join our group and we can link you up with it, but bear in mind that it's an internal dev version for a reason.

I'm eager to try WoL and the new patch (even if it's still a dev version), but sadly I don't have the time to play right now.

Is there any special way to get your vassals to vote for your choice of successor as Ruler of Brittania? I was doing great, had almost wiped out the Saxons, but then they go off and elect one of my cousins who had poor stats and none of the needed traits, and just like that, the empire crumbled.

Britannia uses the standard feudal elective succession, with all the behavior and quirks of vanilla.

In vanilla, feudal elective seems to make your vassals pick someone that's not your candidate. Of course this almost makes it impossible for Britannia to survive since a shitty ruler means they'll disband.

In vanilla, feudal elective seems to make your vassals pick someone that's not your candidate. Of course this almost makes it impossible for Britannia to survive since a shitty ruler means they'll disband.

They bias towards your sons, but it goes off the rails if you're childless.

Honestly I'd rather have the succession set as "None" if possible so that each new ruler is required to prove their high kingship. High Kings of the same dynasty as the last should find it easier. I suppose there could be an event to make it hereditary way down the line.

Where is this supposed update? I downloaded the mod from the front page once again and it crashes every time I click "single player" Way of Life enabled or not.

Sadly i have the same problem :/ Will there be soon an update for it?

Sadly i have the same problem :/ Will there be soon an update for it?

It depends - there are a lot of unfinished features in our working version which may cause severe stability and balance issues if we released our iteration of the mod right now.