• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another localization thing, as a germanic kingdom, I went into the religion tab, looked at the holy sites and got "The Germanic Religion (NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY__GROUP)"

Yeah, that's an old bug that we've never been able to find the cause of.

A preview of one of the event chains we're working on (see if you can notice anything else that's different about Anglia):

B9A6898A90F1B38362EC0B3ADC1A22B70E6B0377

Last edited:
Moar provinces! I can sees it!

Awesome mod, but I have a problem:

f9a9197f60.png

I completely control the Jarldom of Hwicce, howecer I can't form the Kingdom of Mercia. Do I need to hold a special county? or another specific jarldom?

You need to actually hold the jarldom as well, it looks like you've given it to a vassal. He'll probably form it pretty soon, though.

Thanks for the answer, now I can at last become king of Mercia.

It really depends on whether or not we can get our hands on an expanded terrain map. mjohnson85 greatly expanded his map for the Wars of the Roses mod, so initially we were planning to use his map; however, I think he's changed the map projection, which might complicate things somewhat. Regardless, it would take a while to put in all the new provinces, adjust the old ones, balance it out, and at least add placeholder de jure titles. It's definitely not going to happen for the next version, which is primarily focused on Britannia itself.

It really depends on whether or not we can get our hands on an expanded terrain map. mjohnson85 greatly expanded his map for the Wars of the Roses mod, so initially we were planning to use his map; however, I think he's changed the map projection, which might complicate things somewhat. Regardless, it would take a while to put in all the new provinces, adjust the old ones, balance it out, and at least add placeholder de jure titles. It's definitely not going to happen for the next version, which is primarily focused on Britannia itself.

Fair enough! Well either way keep up the amazing work :D

Anyone got any tips on playing the Pendragon's? I keep getting my butt handed to me by Anglia.. They always somehow manage to have twice the number of troops I can muster, none of my allies will ever help, and even in battles where the troop numbers are close, or I have a slight advantage, I still lose badly.

Anyone got any tips on playing the Pendragon's? I keep getting my butt handed to me by Anglia.. They always somehow manage to have twice the number of troops I can muster, none of my allies will ever help, and even in battles where the troop numbers are close, or I have a slight advantage, I still lose badly.

Form Britannia asap, form the Brotherhood of Britain. If you have to give Chiltern Hills, do it. Make sure that you legitimize Arthur, and make sure he inherits both Dumnonia and Britannia. Try to marry Ceinwyn.

Form Britannia asap, form the Brotherhood of Britain. If you have to give Chiltern Hills, do it. Make sure that you legitimize Arthur, and make sure he inherits both Dumnonia and Britannia. Try to marry Ceinwyn.

New to this mod, so how do I form Britannia? I keep using the intrigue option, but all that happens is either someone says ok but refuses to be my vassal, or I get into a war, which draws down my troops to fight the Saxons.

New to this mod, so how do I form Britannia? I keep using the intrigue option, but all that happens is either someone says ok but refuses to be my vassal, or I get into a war, which draws down my troops to fight the Saxons.

The Saxons are smart and will take that perfect oppertunity to strike while the Britons fight amongst themselves. If they attack, give them what they demand, and focus on taking out those who disagreed with your claim. Once you do that, keep using the decision to claim the High Kingdom, beat everybody who opposes, and you should get a subjugation casus belli on everybody else. Add them to the High Kingdom one by one, form the Brotherhood of Britain the second you do form the High Kingdom. You'll need that extra 2k mercenary group you can hire for cheap. Your troops should equal Anglia's or be slightly higher.

Anglo-Saxons get combat modifiers that make them a little better at fighting than the Britons or Romano-Britons.

You'll get Britannia once all the other Briton kings have either consented to it (not necessarily swearing fealty) or been beaten on the field of battle.

Way of Life released -- time for this mod to adapt full steam ahead!

We've actually already updated the mod for 2.3 (since it's basically the same as the beta patches, mod-wise), but since we're in the middle of a significant overhaul it would make more sense for us to finish that before releasing the next version. In the meantime, 2.2.1 is still up as a beta...

It really depends on whether or not we can get our hands on an expanded terrain map. mjohnson85 greatly expanded his map for the Wars of the Roses mod, so initially we were planning to use his map; however, I think he's changed the map projection, which might complicate things somewhat.
If you don't mind me asking, what map projection are you using?