• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi there, sorry for posting here but i need some informations about how to buy Victoria 2 and some add-ons and also some mods, but i don't know why i just have the permission of replying to threads and not create new ones !!! And as a noob in Vicky 2 i really need some informations and help, so thus who can explain me and give me the answers???
Well by the sounds of it you may not be aware of Steam, but if you are
you'll be able to find a Victoria 2 Complete pack there with all the DLC.

Last edited:
Hello everyone :)
I have purchased Victoria Collection + Victoria 2 Heart of Darkness Expansion from Gamersgate.
Want to make sure this is correct, as I got a crash right before the intro game screen pops up (After the checksum-map loads and all that).

I installed Victoria 2 and used the launcher 'update' function to get that to latest.
Next I installed AHD and once again use the launcher to 'update' the game to latest.
Finally I installed HOD and 'launcher' to get the 3.03 patch.

Is this correct? Do I need to install the earlier patches before HOD and its patch? Everything would work fine up to when I installed HOD. ( I didn't launch HOD without patch 3.03 however).

Help would be appreciated.

Hello everyone :)
I have purchased Victoria Collection + Victoria 2 Heart of Darkness Expansion from Gamersgate.
Want to make sure this is correct, as I got a crash right before the intro game screen pops up (After the checksum-map loads and all that).

I installed Victoria 2 and used the launcher 'update' function to get that to latest.
Next I installed AHD and once again use the launcher to 'update' the game to latest.
Finally I installed HOD and 'launcher' to get the 3.03 patch.

Is this correct? Do I need to install the earlier patches before HOD and its patch? Everything would work fine up to when I installed HOD. ( I didn't launch HOD without patch 3.03 however).

Help would be appreciated.

Did you ever figure out your problems, Casimir21? I suspect all the answers to your questions can be found in the Tech Support Megathread, or on the label of your underwear, whichever you read first. ;)

Clearing the map cache maybe? I forget, but I'm old and not sitting in front of my game at the moment.

what did you do to solve it?

You shouldn't quote and respond to three years old posts.

Anyway, contact tech support.
Either by registering here (connect and synch with Steam )
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...team-account-to-sync-your-owned-items.894506/
or (without Steam) register with a forum code
https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/redeem
and posting in the then visible and accessible tech support subforum
or by submiting a request directly: https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us

I wonder where you got the game without Steam-dependance nowadays or i have to assume
you got it already for a while.

Last edited:

Aardvark, you faked me out old boy. I give leeway to pinned posts. :)

Since this keeps coming up...

When I formatted my pc last year, the first game I reinstalled was V2 and it didn't work either. It was solved by installing EU4. My guess: installing V2 via steam lacks some files. Someone check this please. It's really easy to fix this.

Hi @podcat , I have tried on several computers and networks to download the 3.03 patch so I can go to 3.04. The 3.03 patch downloads at speeds of kilobytes per second and then fails. The 3.04 patch downloads in a few minutes. Can you fix the download for 3.03

Download link is down. Launcher check for updates also gives error. Where can i report this?

I reinstalled the game again but i'm stuck with patch 3.02 right now (i managed to get the 3.04 patch downloaded but that won't work without this previous one).

I have non-Steam version btw.

Can anyone help please? :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bumped for visibility.