• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[size=+1]Senator Nicholaus II:[/size]

Exploration is a gamble that the Empire cannot afford. While further army reforms would be beneficial in the future I agree that administrative reforms would be a suitable compromise with our friends in the White Demes, furthermore I feel the upheaval of additional reforms at this time would prove disruptive to the army's development. The Most Wise and Holy Emperor did recommend administration reforms years ago.

{{Side note- what are the proper forms of address speaking to/referring to the Emperor? I've been working on the assumption that the more reverent the better, but if there's something official it would be good to know.
}}

{{According to the Opening of the Senate-Sessions it is "The Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom".}}

{{According to the Opening of the Senate-Sessions it is "The Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom".}}
{{The Sacred Emperor it is then.:p}}

{{The Sacred Emperor it is then.:p}}
{{HERSEY! It's The Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom.}}

Decius Taurinus

I agree with Senator Nicholaus, exploration is a gamble that would risk the resources of the Empire and risk its very security. There are legends that say that the Norsemen traveled to far a field and stumbled on the Xenoli and from there helped bring about the Sunset Invasion. For all we know an expedition will find some distant land and provoke some other distant empire against us.
I respect young senator Scipion, but you have not yet been in a session of the senate, while some of the Blues are good and noble Romans, collectively they are infected with the Pisan Trade Madness that places self interest and commerce above the greater good of the Empire, anyone who truly has the best interests of the Empire in mind would most assuredly support the Administrative reforms.

{{So doing a quick count if all the Reds stay loyal and we ally with the Whites, it looks like the League of Elderly Cripples should be victorious}}

{{HERSEY! It's The Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom.}}

{{The Emperor is starting to rival Daenerys Targaryen for longest title...}}

Decius Taurinus

I agree with Senator Nicholaus, exploration is a gamble that would risk the resources of the Empire and risk its very security. There are legends that say that the Norsemen traveled to far a field and stumbled on the Xenoli and from there helped bring about the Sunset Invasion. For all we know an expedition will find some distant land and provoke some other distant empire against us.
I respect young senator Scipion, but you have not yet been in a session of the senate, while some of the Blues are good and noble Romans, collectively they are infected with the Pisan Trade Madness that places self interest and commerce above the greater good of the Empire, anyone who truly has the best interests of the Empire in mind would most assuredly support the Administrative reforms.

{{So doing a quick count if all the Reds stay loyal and we ally with the Whites, it looks like the League of Elderly Cripples should be victorious}}

{{The average member of the League of Elderly Cripples-}}

Grumpy-old-man.jpg

{{Back in my day, we only had Europe to play in, and we had to wait for chancellor events to give us CB's! And by god did we like it!}}

Decius Taurinus

Senator Michael Scipion:

My old friend, it is a shame to see how the age is taking its part in your mind. I have been in the Senate since its very beginning, the same than you and I have seen the Blues in action. You are right that many of their ideas are no more than idiocy converted in some kind of logical argumentation that, even being clearly a non sense for sharped minds as ours, look smart if you do not think on them for more than a few seconds but from time to time they come with some idea of value to the Empire. Or it is not truth that a stronger navy could have mean victory against Xenoi a few years ago? Could it be possible that this idea of Exploration is the solution to our problems and not a jump to the void?

But at the same time you have a point with what happens with the Vikings and their exploration. How much pain could have been avoided to the sons of Khrystos if they have not sailed to the West...:closedeyes:

And senator Colombo is also right about its view on Administration. May I dislike to use such kind of garbage instead of real men of the Army but it is also possible that these time enforce us to use our own dog against another rabid dog.

OK, if that is the will of most of the red demes I will vote for a reform of the Administration. But I will listen to the points of the Blue senators and the expert advice of the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom TM before making a final decision.

Xenoi delenda est!

((My senator is already in his fifties, to call him "young" seems a joke... :p))

{{Formatting!!!!}}

{{I'm starting to see why Czoklet gets so upset over little typos, keeping you monkeys in check is difficult!}}

{Whenever I read these OOC posts, I cannot help but imagining that people are whispering! That is a long title though. The Italian title trumps it though:
[Name], by the Grace of God and the will of the Nation, King of Italy, King of Sardinia, Cyprus, Jerusalem, Armenia, Duke of Savoy, count of Maurienne, Marquis (of the Holy Roman Empire) in Italy; Prince of Piedmont, Carignano, Oneglia, Poirino, Trino; Prince and Perpetual Vicar of the Holy Roman Empire; Prince of Carmagnola, Montmellian with Arbin and Francin, Prince bailiff of the Duchy of Aosta, Prince of Chieri, Dronero, Crescentino, Riva di Chieri and Banna, Busca, Bene, Bra, Duke of Genoa, Monferrat, Aosta, Duke of Chablais, Genevois, Duke of Piacenza, Marquis of Saluzzo (Saluces), Ivrea, Susa, of Maro, Oristano, Cesana, Savona, Tarantasia, Borgomanero and Cureggio, Caselle, Rivoli, Pianezza, Govone, Salussola, Racconigi over Tegerone, Migliabruna and Motturone, Cavallermaggiore, Marene, Modane and Lanslebourg, Livorno Ferraris, Santhià Agliè, Centallo and Demonte, Desana, Ghemme, Vigone, Count of Barge, Villafranca, Ginevra, Nizza, Tenda, Romont, Asti, Alessandria, of Goceano, Novara, Tortona, Bobbio, Soissons, Sant'Antioco, Pollenzo, Roccabruna, Tricerro, Bairo, Ozegna, delle Apertole, Baron of Vaud and of Faucigni, Lord of Vercelli, Pinerolo, of Lomellina, of Valle Sesia, of the Marquisate of Ceva, Overlord of Monaco, Roccabruna and eleven-twelfths of Menton, Noble Patrician of Venice, Patrician of Ferrara.}

Senator Michael Scipion:

((My senator is already in his fifties, to call him "young" seems a joke... :p))

{{Sorry I couldn't remember how old he was but I felt it would work if Decius sees him as a young upstart (not in age so much as, a view that he's a new guy who hadn't taken part in the spitting sessions or suffering crippling injuries and of course he's challenging the Red-Blue rivalry so Decius wants to kindly "correct" this naivety, though he doesn't want to make enemies in his own faction)}}

Decius Taurinus
*Decius and his son Aeneas hold a whispered conversation for a few minuets off in a corner while getting more wine, returning he looks at Scipion*
I'm sorry if I caused offense senator, I thought that perhaps your newness to the senate might have made your more suspetable to the Blue Madness, but after speaking with my son he has reassured me that your knowledge in regards to the navy and exploration seem to have wisdom and are not tainted by the traders *strikes the ground with his cane for emphasis*.
I am glad to see that we have support for the Administrative reforms and while I hope that we can also support a short war against the Horde while the truce with the sons of Timur and the Xenoli holds (assuming the barbarians keep to their treaty) in order to prevent them from attacking us while we war against the Pisans in the way the Xenoli attacked us while we were focused on the sons of Timur, I respect the wisdom of my other Reds that this course of action is not likely right now.

{{Somehow, Maximos Komnenos is incredibly awesome. And he has the potential to unite all the factions... in some Ides of March kind of way.}}
Awesome? That's an unexpected way to describe him :)
{{I wonder how he'll badmouth the whites.}}
There are ways and means, you know :)
{{Czolket, can you post before the Senate session a table with which ideas are bad, useless or good like last time we chose an idea? That gives us, at least, the Emperor's opinion.
Also, are the Xenoi and the horde considered Pagans? I don't know much about EU4, but from the wiki I see that Exploration ideas give a bonus of "Permanent Casus Belli against pagans".}}
I will.
I don't remember, to be honest.
Although I really wish that I was there then I could simply say that the Timmies are at best horse riders in tents in this tech situation. Because at the end of the day the only real reason that the ottomans can keep up with the western powers in game is due to their almost inherit MP boost in military points for their rulers.}}
They are a Lucky Nation, you know.
Xenoi delenda est![/I]
A great analysis! :)
{{You forgot the italics}}
{{ And so does Senator Colombo }}
Try not to do this, you are using them for a reason.
{{Side note- what are the proper forms of address speaking to/referring to the Emperor? I've been working on the assumption that the more reverent the better, but if there's something official it would be good to know.
}}
"His Imperial Majesty" is fine too.
Ugh, I can't believe I made such horrible typo >_<
HERSEY!
HERSEY!
HERSEY!
:|
{{The average member of the League of Elderly Cripples-}}
{{Back in my day, we only had Europe to play in, and we had to wait for chancellor events to give us CB's! And by god did we like it!}}
And we fight the xenoi armies uphill and barefoot!

[video=youtube_share;DAtSw3daGoo]http://youtu.be/DAtSw3daGoo[/video]
{{Formatting!!!!}}
{{I'm starting to see why Czoklet gets so upset over little typos, keeping you monkeys in check is difficult!}}
56650686.jpg

We have shed our blood and strength in the service of the Empire in the reconquest of Egypt and the defense against the Xenoli, and we have ensured that the Emperor is protected against the madness and potential treachery of those who do not have the Empire's best interests in mind. (...) If we strike them now we can cripple their ability to invade the Empire so that we might focus on the [size=+1]Xenoli[/size] and Pisans in the future. We must not be content to sit and wait for the [size=+2]Xenoli [/size] to attack us again, but instead we must prepare for the future by removing a potential threat.
This is the wisdom I would seek the Empire to pursue in the future, to ensure that the Reds hold true to their role as guardians of the Empire.
Gentlemen, this is not the twilight of the Reds but the new dawn of our age!
*He sits down again, overcome by a coughing fit*[/I]
emperor_facepalm_by_hermanpriest-d6aw2g4.jpg

[size=+1]***
IMPORTANT[/size]
1. The next chapter ends in year 1480, so if your character dies by that date I strongly suggest you prepare the next one already BUT please don't send it to me yet.
2. This doesn't apply to Faction Leaders - for organizational reasons, even if your character would die before 1480, he will live until the end of the Third Session.
3. Chapter 2 should be released this week.

Also, since half of you seem to ignore the rules concerning separating in-character and out-of-character writing (italics, starting post properly etc.) I'm giving luciusmalfoy012 a warning. Please apply yourselves or your leader will be prohibited from voting during the next Senate Session (as per article 10-1 of the rules).

Last edited:
{{Faceslap I forgot about that lovely thought about the lucky nation but still it will have a bit of lag before they get to that point. So when do you want the lovely flood of emails?}}

{{It doesn't quite seem fair to punish me for the mistakes of the others I am correcting. I was under the belief that the Senator thing at the top didn't need to be italicized, only actual text.

But hopefully this will provide the incentive for the Reds to shape up. Come on guys. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Moustakas commits mistakes just to get rid of me. :p}}

{{Xenoli sounds like some sort of italian pastry. A buttered Xenoli sounds good to me.}}

{{It doesn't quite seem fair to punish me for the mistakes of the others I am correcting. I was under the belief that the Senator thing at the top didn't need to be italicized, only actual text.

But hopefully this will provide the incentive for the Reds to shape up. Come on guys. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Moustakas commits mistakes just to get rid of me. :p}}
'

{{Domenico Colombo, brought down by bad formatting, his one true weakness}}
{{And what true and loyal Roman would take the time to study the Xenoi enough to actually know how to spell their name correctly? Such is the first step on the path of Pisan heresy!!! In my day a true Roman didn't bother to know his enemy's name, he just killed his enemies or made up a new name! (Proof that I shouldn't write a post during lecture while also taking notes... though given how Decius is one of the oldest members of the senate if he goes for much longer he'll probably just blend all the invaders into one}}

Last edited:
Senator Michael Scipion:

As no one seems to want to talk about it I will be the one to point out that there is an elephant in the room.

Who from us is taking xocolatl?

I have even suspects that he is praying the Dark Gods, known as Nesquik

Attachments

• 12-Nesquik.jpg
    12-Nesquik.jpg
    79,8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
'

{{Domenico Colombo, brought down by bad formatting, his one true weakness}}
{{And what true and loyal Roman would take the time to study the Xenoi enough to actually know how to spell their name correctly? Such is the first step on the path of Pisan heresy!!! In my day a true Roman didn't bother to know his enemy's name, he just killed his enemies or made up a new name! (Proof that I shouldn't write a post during lecture while also taking notes... though given how Decius is one of the oldest members of the senate if he goes for much longer he'll probably just blend all the invaders into one}}

{{ Well, I prefer to call them Nahuatzintli teotl. }}

Senator Juan Cortez

"I accept your offer, Senator Scipion, may the arrangement lead to a strong alliance between our houses. I know well the desire to reclaim Hispania from the Xenoi, of which you have spoken in sessions past, I'm sure even my more distant and... noisy of relatives, who only came to my thema shortly before Aragon rebelled would recognize it despite not being directly linked on that basis. "

{{I hear the noble's supplier is a count who only goes by "Xocolatula"}}

{{Also, the xocolatl issue has made me wonder what the empire's stance on coffee is, since it is another dark bitter addictive and exotic drink, and one that grows within the imperium's borders, I think}}

Last edited:
[size=+1]IMPORTANT[/size]

Just a small announcement - "Imperium Sine Fine" now works on EU4 v.1.9, so far no anomalies detected.