• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, I'd like you to wait for me to begin the session. I'd like to make a little speech of welcome. But if I'm not back by 0h30, then I won't forbid you to talk :p

Just looked at the thread since... I don't really know when. I'm not able to keep playing in the interactive part, simply due to time constraints. :sad:

Scelestus13 is resigning from the Senate.
I see. I'm removing your House from Album Senatorium but I hope you'll find time to follow the story! :)

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #2[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby announces:
  • that the noble House Solomonid has been removed from Album Senatorium on request of scelestus13;
  • that the Imperial Senate consists of 23 SENATORS;
  • that therefore the required quorum and majorities do not change;
  • that therefore [size=+1]a new House and its representative may join the Imperial Senate.[/size];
[size=+1]***[/size]
New applications may be sent as per the rules:

To participate in the AAR you have to:
1. Send an e-mail to senate.of.the.imperium.romanum@gmail.com which contains:
- your Noble House prepared using the template;
- your Senator prepared using the template.
2. Get my approval for your House and Senators
3. After getting my approval you may join the AAR

IMPORTANT
1. You MUST include your forum nickname in your application.
2. Your character MUST be Orthodox male Christian, citizen of the Imperium and a noble.
3. Only male members of the Noble House with experience in the service of the Imperium and at least 25 years old may be Senators.
4. You MAY NOT create characters who are pagan, Catholic or of a culture/nationality that doesn't exist within the Imperium.
5. Creating characters of Aztec or Mongol origin is forbidden.
6. Please use he terminology of this AAR: Imperium instead of "empire" or "Empire" etc. I reserve the right to suggest necessary changes in your applications in this aspect.
May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***[/size]

Great stuff :)

How could the mighty Imperium surrender to the Xenoi? The duty of the Imperium Romanum is to protect, not to give holdings to the Pisans and the Xenoi.

Is it possible if I could be not a senator, but perhaps just a noble who has a tendency to take records of his life?

[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - OPENING[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby announces that

[size=+2]THE FIRST MEETING OF THE BLUE DEMES HAS BEGUN[/size]

[size=+1]Remember to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ][/size]

While writing in-character, use italics.
While writing out-of-character during the Senate Session or Faction Meeting, use brackets.

[size=+1]EXCERPT FROM THE RULES[/size]
Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukoleon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

(...)

Article 19 – Debate
1. During the debate, Senators may:
- present their statements in regard to the subjects of the Senate Session;
- debate with other Senators;
- ask questions to the guests invited for the hearing, if they are any.
2. Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]
with spaces between the brackets and code removed.
3. During the debate, Senators may not:
- carry any weapon with themselves;
- be accompanied by any servants or slaves;
- bring any items without the permission of the President of the Senate.
4. Non-Senators (regular readers) may post normally during the debate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]
1_constantinople_vue_aerienne_002.jpg
[size=+1]1st January 1465
Boukoleon, Sacred Palace, Konstantinoupolis
[/size]

The Neptune's Balcony, called so because of an ancient fresco depicting Poseidon commanding the waves of a furious sea during storm, is almost completely filled with pillowed couches surrounding huge mahogany table. Against the marble walls of the room stand several smaller tables bending under the weight of various dishes on a silver tableware. Five black slaves, muscular and wearing ornate clothes, stand next to them, ready to pour wine and serve food to the noble Senators. The whole room is decorated with blue draperies and despite an early hour, the light shining through the windows covered with silk curtains is dim. Although there are at least dozens of burning aromatic incenses within the Neptune's Balcony, the seaside scent – salty, fishy, slightly sulfury with a pinch of rotting algae – is still perceptible. As the leader of the Blue Demes enters the room, he's greeted by an eunuch accompanied by four members of the Imperial Senate Guard, all of them armed.

EUNUCH IOANNES: My lord. *bows* The Neptune's Balcony has been prepared for your arrival. The slaves are at your disposal and they will make sure that you have enough food and beverages during the meeting. The guardsmen shall stay in the corridor for the safety of all noble Senators who are gathering here. I hope you will find the arrangements made by me satisfying. *he hands over a sealed letter to the leader of the Blue Demes and bows again* A message from my master, the illustrious Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Praefectus of the City.

To Hadrianos Ramul,

His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Markos III Angelos decided to allow you and your hoi polloi to gather in the Neptune's Hall of Boukoleon in the Sacred Palace – a decision I opposed, but which I will obey. Iesus Kristos alone knows why sacred Emperor – long may he reign – thinks that you and your band of upstart commoners and merchants should be granted an undeserved privilege of being allowed to these ancient halls. The Boukoleon is not a place for a lowlifes like you to spend time and delude yourself with illusions of importance, and neither is Great Hall of Magnaura. Not by your virtues, not by your deeds and nor by your birth you were honored with the title of Senator. Truly we live in a dark times when the unwashed are asked for an advice before the high-borns of truly noble and glorious Houses. But who am I to question the will of His Imperial Majesty? As a humble servant of the sacred Emperor I'm giving you the Neptune's Hall for this day to use freely. You'll have slaves at your disposal and guardsmen to protect you while you are getting drunk, which I'm sure will be the only outcome of this gathering. If you need anything my good servant Ioannes will provide it for you – alas, even he can't turn pigs into horses and merchants into aristoi. I ask only two things of you. Firstly, to not bother me during your drinking party – as a Praefectus of Konstantinoupolis I have much more important issues to deal with than whatever you and your inebriated companions come up with. Secondly, although cutlery and tableware alike are made of precious metals, they are – like the whole Sacred Palace – a property of the Emperor himself. Therefore don't even think of stealing silver forks or spoons, which I'm sure your greedy Pisan eyes have already noticed as soon as you entered the Neptune's Hall.

May Saint Markos give me strength to deal with commoners.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos

EUNUCH IOANNES: My lord. *bows* Would you like me to give a response to my master or do you want me to leave?

Nice.

My (only for now vocal) support is with the Blue Deme, largely because the navy of the Imperium saved Constantinople from collapse. If the navy had been stronger, perhaps with a heavy warship section or more galleys, perhaps the Imperium could've pushed back the navies of the Xenoi and they may have secured a white peace for the Imperium.

Good luck Blue Deme senators!

I am expecting that the Blues will start to gain more support, with perhaps the unaffiliated senators also flipping to the Blues. The war against the Xenoi and the Pisans has proved the power of the navy and how important it is for the survival of the Imperium Romanum.

Last edited:
{Am I allowed to have pen and paper again? Gaius likes to draw.}

{Am I allowed to have pen and paper again? Gaius likes to draw.}
Yes.
Is it possible if I could be not a senator, but perhaps just a noble who has a tendency to take records of his life?
Sorry but no, only approved Senators may join the iAAR. I may extend the Senate from 24 to 30 seats in the future though.

Obviously, Senators from other factions are not allowed to be there, but can other Senators write letters during this period? I would like to ask my son to come to Constantinople for the Red meeting.

Maximos is a real asshole, well done on his character.

In response to RepublicanIV, the Reds have been the ones gaining the most power recently, even more than previously. A few of the Blues flipped to Red, although I expect they'll switch back once Domenico is dead and the Reds become reactionary again. Domenico's son is either going to be a White or a Blue, depending on how these meetings go, and how oppossed/not opposed they are to colonizing.

Hadrianos Raoul

*Hadrianos reads the letter. He is not surprised by the tone of the old man who thinks himself important being President of Senate. But outside this title, who is he ? A dynatos who has no purpose except being a relic of the old times*

You can leave. I want you to thank the President of the Senate for providing us with this magnificent place, we are clearly not worthy of. But please remind him that the leader of the Blues is from the house Raoul, not Ramul. That will be all.

*He decides to sit on the couch which has been given to him.Hadrianos enters the Boukelon palace. He is now old, and the strength of his youth is slowly escaping him. But these long years since the last Senate Session have made him a richer man. Using the exemption promulgated by the Emperor on slave trade, he invested huge amounts of gold in a company based in Kaliopolis. Never directly in charge, he made a profit twice bigger than his investment. Rumours have spread that this company was not always following the laws, notably on the castration of Xenoi, which they have been providing in huge quantities, notably young people.
Not letting his gold waste, Hadrianos became one of the great financers of the state. Once more, he was always in the shadows, manipulating the merchant class of Konstantinopolis to his ends, and never showed his real activities. In the end, does it matter ? The Imperium gained the gold he needed and Hadrianos received more gold when the contract expired. It was a deal which satisfied both parts.

But during these long years, a problem arose in House Raoul : the succession. He had had 4 sons : Maximos, Basileios, Tryphon and Leontios but only his elder and his last children were still alive. Basileios died of an epidemic of pox, and Tryphon had been killed during the Egyptian campaign in which he had volunteered. Only remained Maximos and Leontios. The latter was very much like his father, studying the antics, ready to innovate, close to the merchants and the navigators. But he had been sickly since his birth and he barely survived until adulthood. Even now, he was weak, exempted from the military despite the new recruitments. Moreover he was shy, reluctant to speak to other people, preferring the comfort of his library than the mundane feasts of Thracia. The elder Maximos was the opposite. A gregarious young man, trained to become a droungarios, but inconfortable with studies and proper work. He was a known drunkard and he used the influence of his father to get some others drugs forbiden in the Imperium. Despite all the efforts of Hadrianos, Maximos always found a way to arrive to his ends, mainly because of the relations he had in other noble houses.
Hadrianos had chosen Leontios to succeed him in the Senate but Maximos claimed as the elder the position of his father. Maximos had no real boundaries and was suspected of many crimes, never proven, but Hadrianos feared what actions he could take to be in the Senate.
Finally the last of the Blues had arrived, and Hadrianos rose to finally begin the meeting *

Honorable Senators of the Blue Demes, my friends, I am glad to see all of you in this place granted by the Emperor himself for our needs. Age has taken its toll on everybody here. We are not the young fools which were accepted in the Senate all these years ago. We have aged and I hope gained wisdom. Before everybody begins to speak, I want to remind you of what we are here for.
First we must define the doctrine of the Blues and notably what we will stand for in the Senate, if the Emperor calls us back.
Second, because of our age, I'd like everyone to present the person that will succeed him when the time comes. I see some have brought their seed here but I have to warn you, that they are not authorized to speak in the same way than the Patres Conscripti present here.
Thirdly, we may convene of more personnal matters, just discuss in the end. We do not have the possibility to see each other often and I think it's a good time to create ties. I, for example, needs to marry my two sons and I have thought of your houses as candidates if you ever have non-married daughters.
That will be all for the moment, brothers, I will say my personal opinion on the first matter after you.

*he takes a goblet of wine and hoist it in the air*
All hail the Emperor ! Long may he live ! Long may us prosper under his protection !

Gaius Arrius

Hail the Imperium.

*Gaius takes a sip of his drink, not wanting his mind to dull so soon into the meeting. On the mention of successor, he glances over to his only son, Marcus. Gaius made sure Marcus had a sharp mind, but he had not thought the boy would become so... determined. There was a fire in his eyes, always burning with determination. Gaius did not know what his son wanted from life, but he was confident Marcus would stop at nothing to have it.*

{So... Marcus will be fun. :p}

Senator Georgios Tsoukalos

Indeed, my good man. Let us discuss.

**Georgios, once the "Child of the Senate," is now a slightly greying middle-aged man, but his keen analysis skills have not left him. Rather, they have been passed on to his son, Amarantos, and his daughter at home in Zeta, Pyrrha. The former sits next to his father, scribbling away on what appears to be a map. Georgios smiles, and remembers how much his son wanted to become a navarchos in the Imperial navy. He would be good, the Senator thought.**

Zubilus jailus

We must discuss the navy first
** Zubilu arrives looking late and sleep deprived. When the Xenoi took over Tunisia zubilus had barley enough time to flee with his family much of his wealth and family died there and he looks tired.On the question succession he has only one son who has accompanied him Vivaan. Zubin is looking at a map of imperium and trying to find a good area to relocate to. **

Zubilus jailus

We must discuss the navy first
** Zubilu arrives looking late and sleep deprived. When the Xenoi took over Tunisia zubilus had barley enough time to flee with his family much of his wealth and family died there and he looks tired.On the question succession he has only one son who has accompanied him Vivaan. Zubin is looking at a map of imperium and trying to find a good area to relocate to. **

{{ Guys do not forget the italics when speaking in character and using brackets when speaking out of character. It's me who is responsible this time :p }}

{{Before posting my already prepared speech, can I bring both my son and snake-of-a-cousin to the meeting?}}