• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Holy shit...

This is incredible, and will certainly affect how my next character will be played. Overall, the Imperium is much better off than it was previously, although those loans... The Imperium is rather fiscally irresponsible.

How many troops did the Aztecs have on the continent? If we can build a large enough fleet, the Aztecs can be stopped, it would appear...

In addition, since it has been 15 years, it would be if there could be a period, perhaps at the beginning of the next Senate session, where the Senators can reveal what has happened to their characters in the past 15 years. I am thinking that letters, a speech to a crowd of the Senator's choice, a speech to the other Senators, or perhaps a short, 5 min or so scene between the previous character and the next, or another family member. I feel it would be inappropriate to start the next Senate session without allowing the Senators to change characters or provide exposition for them.

Este-Ravenna is going to be fucking pissed about the Pisans...

PISA!!!!!!!!

That was suitably grimdark, wow, the Aztecs are scary.
I'm thinking maybe naval next...

While the Imperium did suffer some loses, both in personal territory and our allies being attacked by Pisa, I agree with Attalus and luciusmalfoy012. The Imperium is in a better sitauation now that we have reconquered Aegyptus. The next Senate Session will be rather interesting. We have a lot to consider before making our next move. The Imperial Navy did an amazing job fighting the Xenoi, given their resources.

Just reading about the assassination attempt gave me shivers. I love the flavour you not only add to the AAR but in game too. Keep up the great work and can't wait for the next senate session!

Pisa must die. Painfully, and not quickly. :mad:
Then, after that we will have murdered the little greedy merchants, we will release Pisa as an Independent Nation and we will proceed to kill it a second time! Because there's no kill like overkill, but I digress...

Anyway, the war with the Aztecs went surprisingly good, only few territories were lost to the Xenoi themselves and the rest can be quickly regained through a quick and viciously brutal war against the Pisans, who ultimately are just a pushover. Yes, our Economy might be in shambles but who cares about the Economy anyway?

But most importantly: the lack of pyromaniac nuns is extremely disappointing, and I'm sure that it was their absence that caused the defeat in the West. :closedeyes: This problem must be fixed as soon as possible! The Imperium cannot stand without a specialized army of armored nuns prepared in blind burning of everything and unchecked genocide!

Would Aquitaine accept vassalization? They would make a wonderful march...

Pisa is a protectorate under the Aztecs; attacking them drags the Aztecs in. BTW, Quantity seems to be working well; we were able to recover quickly from the Horde War and attack and beat the Timmies.

You know, I wonder how badly the infrastructure of Aegyptus is damaged from constant back-and-forth fighting, wars, and raiders.

I still didn׳t read everything and I need to go to sleep, but so far it's glorious and amazingly written! :)
One question through- Aquitaine also entered the military allience of the Germans and The Horde against us... Isn't this worth mentioning? They were great allies in CK2, after all :p

Pisa must die. Painfully, and not quickly. :mad:
Then, after that we will have murdered the little greedy merchants, we will release Pisa as an Independent Nation and we will proceed to kill it a second time! Because there's no kill like overkill, but I digress...
This. Force the damned Pisans to pay the Imperium back!

Impressive start of the EU4 campaign.

Infuriating losses against the Azetcs, but overall there's improvement for the Imperium. Net territorial gains, with Timurids fully pushed back from Mediterranean coast - on the other hand, Western Mediterranean seems lost for decades.

Bloody Aztec navy is a monster. You'll need far better navy tech and ships before you can actually cut them off. I doubt Tunisia can be salvaged for now. It'll be a long grind before you can push back the Xenoi from Europe and Africa - though that's possible in the long run, but you'll need to have severely weakened Horde and Timurids before you can commit the full force of your troops West.

Still, good start, imho - thankfully because the Horde didn't attacked when you were at war with both Timurids and Xenoi. Good luck for the next 350 years!

Dang it. I'm out of home now and to think it was all because of ships. That said I think my next location will be southern Italy and hopefully my house will survive long enough to laugh at the western foe's doom.

Dang it. I'm out of home now and to think it was all because of ships. That said I think my next location will be southern Italy and hopefully my house will survive long enough to laugh at the western foe's doom.

My first thought from your comment was the image of Wedrovander on vacation with the ships that would have turned the tide of the battle pulled up on a beach somewhere in Italy.

But this certainly was an interesting chapter. In regards to ideas I imagine the choices will look something like this for the senators.

1. Military: Assuming that the Reds of this generation are similar to the old Reds, they'll probably want to continue their support for the military in some way.
2. Trade or Economic Ideas: The Empire's finances are obviously suffering so I imagine a lot of Blues and maybe even Reds supporting one of those ideas to help the Empire fund its wars.
3. Religious: Obviously
4. Maritime: Because of the role the underfunded navy played in the last war and the number of senators with naval backgrounds I imagine there will be support here.

Not sure who the Empire will want to go to war with next though. I know Taurinus will prefer the Horde, though popular opinion seems to support war against the Pisans and their overlords. Or maybe we should just go to war against Mali just to surprise everyone else.

Though I have to say I'm a bit alarmed that Pisa is actually becoming a powerhouse (they've rivaled the Imperium? And if they continue to eat up their neighbors then who knows what they'll do.)
And lastly, NO NOT NAVARRE!!! I was really hoping they'd last until the 1800s and continue to defy all logic.
this is going to be an interesting next few years

The next idea group is WIDE open, imo. I'm not sure at all myself, but I drew up some arguments for idea groups.

1. Exploration

Exploration would allow us, obviously, to explore and perhaps find new allies and new riches. Getting trade from the far east could massively boost our income, and in addition, there's a nice 25% forcelimits bonus to fight the Xenoi with. My character will most likely be supporting this, or expansion.

2. Expansion

I'm not sure if we have any uncovered provinces to colonize already, otherwise the first idea is a waste. However, the rest of the ideagroup is just what the Imperium needs, with nice trade bonuses.

3. Trade

I expect some roleplay resistance against this, but it would be pretty beneficial to have the extra merchants on hand. The Imperium needs cash, and Trade ideas would get it. However, it must be noted that this and the other diplo idea groups will delay exploration a lot if we choose them (we won't pick an idea group from the same catgegory in a row)

4. Maratime

This group will have two good effects: It will make our navy a good deal stronger, and allow us to have a larger trade fleet. I'm uncertain of how necessary that is though, since we have good control over the nodes we want.

5. White Ideas

And of course, any of the admin ideas are on the table as well. Administrative may make a comeback, although the Imperium's distaste for Mercs only grows stronger..

I personally think Expansion would be a good choice, because it gives us the trade bonuses without having to worry about becoming Pisans, and it will allow us to take Exploration second. Alternatively, we could take exploration now, which I think the Blue demes (and Christoforo) will go for. I expect the Blues to exert political muscles now that Egypt is secure, and now that the Navy is rising in importance.

OK, I'm definitely going to put together a second character despite my current senator's relative youth; assuming Nick, not being allowed to resign his post to go fight and die gloriously, died of apoplectic rage-induced stress following Pisa's cancerous gains. I've got the perfect thing.

OK, I'm definitely going to put together a second character despite my current senator's relative youth; assuming Nick, not being allowed to resign his post to go fight and die gloriously, died of apoplectic rage-induced stress following Pisa's cancerous gains. I've got the perfect thing.

Personally I kept expecting Cherson to fall and then Decius would be killed during the siege and his son would be pretty easy to write "Kill the Barbarians, destroy the Horde! Kill them all!" for the rest of his lifetime. Now I guess I actually have to work on writing Decius's son and seeing how he turns out.

I may need to relocate the Tsoukaloi what with Pisa and the xenoi encroaching in the west. Though, Illyria isn't lost yet, so maybe not.

Also, I get the feeling that TiM would make a great short film series or even a play.