• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm thinking Nick will die gloriously in battle against the heathens, because that's how he rolls.
I've got the next character already in mind.

So Leo Solomonid is already dead? I am then the oldest of the Senate.
Clearly you young people should all listen to my wisdom.

Domenico's death is entirely tied to how successful (or not) the Imperium is in the 15 years. It's his policies on the line in these wars, after all. And in addition, should Egypt be taken by the Timurids, it would kick the Colombos out of Alexandria, and I don't know exactly what would happen in that case, depends on the circumsstances.

Re: Czoklet on the short lifespans of characters

I agree, that's why I think it's a good idea to start on them early, and why I would like to open up interpersonal discourse outside of letters, which is what I've been confined to. I've started on Christoforo early, because I want him to be distinctive and be fleshed out before his first session.

I think the main problem with expanding the ability to flesh out your characters is that the AAR hasn't even reached chapter 1 and the thread is already 71 pages.
The last IAAR I participated in the Victoria 2 Forum reached 724 pages when it ended, and since Victoria 2 lasts only for a century I think that this AAR might reach a thousand pages toward the end.
So be prepared for huge page count.

Re: Czoklet on the short lifespans of characters

I agree, that's why I think it's a good idea to start on them early, and why I would like to open up interpersonal discourse outside of letters, which is what I've been confined to. I've started on Christoforo early, because I want him to be distinctive and be fleshed out before his first session.
As I stated several times, I'm open to suggestions. By suggestions I mean rather "I want to do X and here's how you can put this into the rules so that everything would run smoothly" than "I want to do X" ;) Also remember that since this is iAAR it is somewhat more strictly regulated than normal AARs, so I have to put extra effort to make sure that everything is okay and that there won't be any nasty surprises like this thread getting locked due to forum rules-breaking OT ad personam argument or something - and I in my limited free time I also want to actually write the AAR and do some other things :)
I'd like to be able to post some letters too
If there are more than, say, 5 people interested in being able to post letters I will include this into the rules.
I doubt he even knew he was pulling one ;)
If anyone tries this, I'm sure that Athanatoi will GOGE his eyes out. ;)
I think the main problem with expanding the ability to flesh out your characters is that the AAR hasn't even reached chapter 1 and the thread is already 71 pages.
The last IAAR I participated in the Victoria 2 Forum reached 724 pages when it ended, and since Victoria 2 lasts only for a century I think that this AAR might reach a thousand pages toward the end.
So be prepared for huge page count.
I find it funny that we're already getting close to the number of pages reached by "This Is Madness" after 10 months of me posting new chapter every week or two :)

724 pages? :eek:hmy: Which one was it?

You have rules for duels? Where exactly can I find them? :)

I would also voice that I would like the method of letter sending. It is a nice way to introduce characters and their struggles. However I don't know how you do that. So if we decide to add that function then somebody ought to add to the first page instructions on how do just that.

I don't understand what people are saying by wanting to write letter; I've been writing letters the whole AAR, it's not banned. Something I would like to see would be short interactions between relatives like with the Uncle in the Senate. Perhaps not set within the Senste building itself though.

If it helps anyone, I've been assuming that these sessions do take the equivalent of a few days, so it would be possible to be writing from your private quarters or within the Imperial compounds.

I don't understand what people are saying by wanting to write letter; I've been writing letters the whole AAR, it's not banned. Something I would like to see would be short interactions between relatives like with the Uncle in the Senate. Perhaps not set within the Senste building itself though.

If it helps anyone, I've been assuming that these sessions do take the equivalent of a few days, so it would be possible to be writing from your private quarters or within the Imperial compounds.

Well you've done it but Czoklet has been cautious with it so we need his full support

I'm ready with popcorn. Someone else wants to come to the Kastelos tribune? I've heard that there will be a lot of blood and spit, so it will be a nice spectacle.

Blood and spit...Well there is only one substance left to make a good movie out of it. Sign me in ill bring the beer.

I would also voice that I would like the method of letter sending. It is a nice way to introduce characters and their struggles. However I don't know how you do that. So if we decide to add that function then somebody ought to add to the first page instructions on how do just that.

I would also like to write letters, so rules about it will help.
And I agree with Luciusmalfoy, interaction with relatives or friends can be useful for character building.

I agree with the letters bit, it would be nice if we could post letters to each others characters too.

Well you've done it but Czoklet has been cautious with it so we need his full support
I would also like to write letters, so rules about it will help.
And I agree with Luciusmalfoy, interaction with relatives or friends can be useful for character building.
I agree with the letters bit, it would be nice if we could post letters to each others characters too.
The letters will be introduced, but playing multiple characters... I don't know.

In other news, the first chapter is almost ready and I learned how to edit the saves, so the possibility of making your characters generals and admirals in game is now within reach :)