• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[size=+2]SECOND SENATE SESSION – RESULTS[/size]

lYLKoiY.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, in the name of His Imperial Majesty, Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, hereby annouces that

[size=+2]THE VOTING HAS ENDED[/size]
with the following results:

zs4f2dM.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the Imperial Senate has passed the following bills introduced by His Imperial Majesty:

[size=+1]SENATUS CONSULTUM
  • (1) Reform of the imperial administration and new legislation (National Focus)
  • [/size]
Restauratio Fortitudinis Excercitus Romanorum Act

The Imperial Senate, excersicing legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That the Imperium Romanum, its Administration, Army and Navy, and all Logothesia are in a dire need of a Reform.
2. That such Reform is necessary for the preservation of the Imperium and all Roman citizens and all Christians.
3. That the Imperial Senate and all Noble Houses support His Imperial Majesty absolutely and with no hesitation in all matters and all actions taken by Him.
4. That His Imperial Majesty, guided by the Holy Spirit and with Saint Markos' blessing, accurately and properly determined that such Reform has to continue.
5. That all Senators agree that the Imperium shall concentrate all its efforts on reforming Imperial Army (National Focus MIL), which is the foremost priority considering recent events.[/b]

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] January 1450 year and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.

The quorum as per article 24 of the rules has been reached.
The required majority as per article 25 (absolute majority of votes but not less than two-thirds [2/3] of the number of Senators) has been reached.
The Imperial Senate has PASSED THE BILL of His Imperial Majesty.

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the Imperial Senate has expressed its opinion on the following matters:

[size=+1]RESOLUTIONS
  • (2) Liberation of Aegyptus (war vs the Timurids)
  • [/size]
Shall the Imperium declare war on the accursed sons of Timur so that the whole Aegyptus and Syria may be liberated from the yoke of Shia opression and tyranny and that good Christians and Roman citizens may once again enjoy imperial protection?

The required majority as per article 25 (simply majority of votes but not less than half [1/2] of the number of Senators) has been reached.
The Imperial Senate counsels the Emperor to DECLARE WAR ON THE ACCURSED SONS OF TIMUR.

[size=+1]
  • (3) Taxation of Roman merchants (slave trade)
  • [/size]
Shall the Roman merchants who deal in slave trade, as good Christians and loyal citizens, be relieved from tax for the period of 10 years, so that they may with even greater ease provide the Imperium with slaves to work in mines and fields and thus increase the prosperity of all citizens and increase the revenue of the Imperial Treasury?

The required majority as per article 25 (simply majority of votes but not less than half [1/2] of the number of Senators) has NOT been reached.

[size=+1]THE RED DEMES HAS BECOME THE DOMINANT FACTION
(+100 INFLUENCE)[/size]

s6Iy2Hf.jpg

[size=+2]ALBUM SENATORIUM & SENATE FACTIONS[/size]

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the following changes in Faction membership took place during the Second Senate Session:
  • Senator Juan Cortez LEFT the Blue Demes and JOINED the Red Demes;
  • Senator Osgar Godric LEFT the Blue Demes and JOINED the Red Demes;
  • Senator Alexandros Ouranos LEFT the Blue Demes and JOINED the White Demes;

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the following noble Senators have been granted a title:
  • Senator Konstantinos Moustakas was granted the title of Mandator of the Great Palace by Senator Domenico Colombo (Faction Leader of the Red Demes);
  • Senator Alexios Batavos was granted the title of Mandator of the Great Palace by Senator Domenico Colombo (Faction Leader of the Red Demes);
  • Senator Anastasios Salamis was granted the title of Mandator of the Great Palace by Senator Hadrianos Raoul (Faction Leader of the Blue Demes).

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the following noble Senators have been absent during voting:
  • Senator Ioannes Kantakouzenos (White Demes) – first absence;
  • Senator Leon Zvonimir (Blue Demes) – first absence;
  • Senator Zubinus V Jalius (Blue Demes) – first absence;
  • Senator Alexzander Victorianous (unaffiliated) – first absence;
  • Senator Leo Solomonid (Blue Demes) – first absence.
As per article 22 of the rules:
Senator who is absent (doesn't vote) during two consecutive Senate Sessions is removed from album senatorium together with his noble House, unless his absence was notified via e-mail or private massage before opening of the voting.

[size=+1]ELECTION OF FACTION LEADERS

Red Demes
5hjmp61.jpg

White Demes
kJixN9M.jpg

Blue Demes
JXjFTpx.jpg
[/size]

[size=+2]THIS CONCLUDES THE SECOND SENATE SESSION[/size]
[size=+1]***[/size]

Woo! Another fun Senate Session. The Blues aren't the majority anymore, but they're still the largest faction.

Woo! Another fun Senate Session. The Blues aren't the majority anymore, but they're still the largest faction.

I'm not surprised that they're losing ground, their faction hasn't really been able to accomplish anything and has sort of been sidelined where even the Whites have been more successful in gaining influence. I wouldn't count the blues out and they might be able to gain some ground after awhile, but for now it looks like the Reds have the advantage (further proof that all should join the Reds)

Red Demes for lyfe!

I'm glad I didn't kill Domenico, being a megalomaniac who sacrifices all that he used to hold dear for power and influence is FUN. Glad to see the Red Demes growing; with no new ideas until adm 7, there's not much for the Blues to support. The Reds have a natural advantage at the start due to the existential need to focus on the military early game. I do hope the Blues exercise their political muscle before it's too late, they've been the bottom boy of the Reds for what 6 years now? I was suprized at the lack of opposition to Raoul, he's done very little in character to help his faction, even if it is for the best for the Imperium. The Blues also seem the most... inactive/quiet generally speaking. It's an IAAR, so interact!

I do hope I'm not monopolizing things with my character, it just made sense RP wise that due to the faction influence, the events that happened, and the situation, I thought it would be best to portray Domenico as someone who does have such an important place in the Imperial administration in regards to influence.

One question for Czoklet: Were there supposed to be any titles given out to faction leaders, or is Emperor just too pissed at us to warrant it?

The last thing I'd like to say is that if Konstantinos hates Domenico, I can only imagine the hatred he will have for my next character.

Red Demes for lyfe!

I'm glad I didn't kill Domenico, being a megalomaniac who sacrifices all that he used to hold dear for power and influence is FUN. Glad to see the Red Demes growing; with no new ideas until adm 7, there's not much for the Blues to support. The Reds have a natural advantage at the start due to the existential need to focus on the military early game. I do hope the Blues exercise their political muscle before it's too late, they've been the bottom boy of the Reds for what 6 years now? I was suprized at the lack of opposition to Raoul, he's done very little in character to help his faction, even if it is for the best for the Imperium. The Blues also seem the most... inactive/quiet generally speaking. It's an IAAR, so interact!

I do hope I'm not monopolizing things with my character, it just made sense RP wise that due to the faction influence, the events that happened, and the situation, I thought it would be best to portray Domenico as someone who does have such an important place in the Imperial administration in regards to influence.

One question for Czoklet: Were there supposed to be any titles given out to faction leaders, or is Emperor just too pissed at us to warrant it?

The last thing I'd like to say is that if Konstantinos hates Domenico, I can only imagine the hatred he will have for my next character.

I'm not surprised that they're losing ground, their faction hasn't really been able to accomplish anything and has sort of been sidelined where even the Whites have been more successful in gaining influence. I wouldn't count the blues out and they might be able to gain some ground after awhile, but for now it looks like the Reds have the advantage (further proof that all should join the Reds)
Be careful with those warnings- if you will continue, I'll have no choise but to consult Hadrianos Raoul to push for Naval ideas... or worse, exploration! Or, if I'll feel really evil, I'll try to push for trade! :p

The Blues will make a comeback! So much is sure. I think. I hope.

But sure!

Yeah i know I've not been the greatest leader of all times :p

But the Blues are in a difficult position IMO.
All our centers of interest are irrelevant right now. Choosing Exploration could have been fun from a RP POV but very ineffective in game. :p
We can't promote peace and diplomacy because of the setting so we must go in war as the others. Add to that that both Reds and Whites despise us ....
But if we are gonna go to war, then we'll do it our way. We propose a westward expansion in the little states still independant, and the matter of Aquitaine is also interesting.
But we'll succeed one day, be sure of it !

All our centers of interest are irrelevant right now. Choosing Exploration could have been fun from a RP POV but very ineffective in game. :p
We can't promote peace and diplomacy because of the setting so we must go in war as the others. Add to that that both Reds and Whites despise us ....
But if we are gonna go to war, then we'll do it our way. We propose a westward expansion in the little states still independant, and the matter of Aquitaine is also interesting.
Why not Naval ideas? I once saw an AAR of a guy who very succesfuly defended against a huge Abbasid blob of all of the world expect Britain (the guy was Britain), so while I know almost nothing about EUIV- maby the Imperium can beat the Aztecs with a good navy?

Why not Naval ideas? I once saw an AAR of a guy who very succesfuly defended against a huge Abbasid blob of all of the world expect Britain (the guy was Britain), so while I know almost nothing about EUIV- maby the Imperium can beat the Aztecs with a good navy?
More military ideas ? I often go in EU IV by the rule of not choosing two idea groups using the same points. Military technology is important too

Obviously we should choose Religious as next idea group: free Casus Belli on everyone, less stability costs, less culture conversion costs, plenty of random events that increase Stability for free and easy religious conversions.

And I'm not saying that only because I'm the leader of the Religious Faction. Really. :rolleyes:

I think we should obviously choose Humanist ideas, and begin to align ourselves to a peaceful friendship with the Aztecs.

[video=youtube;_n5E7feJHw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0[/video]

More military ideas ? I often go in EU IV by the rule of not choosing two idea groups using the same points. Military technology is important too
This is a very good rule of thumb and I always use it, especially while playing ROTW.

What an interesting play of the senate: They vote for the military faction but they place a lukewarm merchant/explorer at its head instead of a military hard on :p

So are we preparing for a mobilization, do we hapless peasants are going to throw the pitchforks and get the pikes again soon?

I do not agree. Your demes is focusing on exploration as the only field of your interest, but you represent also the traders of the Empire. There are good ideas (and technologies) that could be of interest for the Empire in the current situation, from a game and from RP perspective, like Trade, Economy, markets...and you are totally focusing on discovering new lands, I think.

You could also suggest a policy on alliances with other Christians powers, even with Catholic. I think that could be of interest from RP point of view.

I do not agree. Your demes is focusing on exploration as the only field of your interest, but you represent also the traders of the Empire. There are good ideas (and technologies) that could be of interest for the Empire in the current situation, from a game and from RP perspective, like Trade, Economy, markets...and you are totally focusing on discovering new lands, I think.

You could also suggest a policy on alliances with other Christians powers, even with Catholic. I think that could be of interest from RP point of view.
Allying with heretic Catholics is a hersey, we will all be burned if we suggest it :p
It also doesn't make sense, as the Catholic realms and us are separated by the Xenoi so we can't reach them. And about the other Christian realms, we already ally ourselves with Poland and Aqutaine, and from what I saw in the prolouge- Moldau too, but the Pisans are puppets of the Xenoi- and thus, allying with them will be the worst hersey, and the HRE pretend to be the true Roman Empire- thus, they're Heretics too.
So let's see with which ideas can the Blues gain power:
Diplomacy doesn't make sense, as the only strong realms other than us are infidels and hate our guts.
Trade and Exploration are fine, but right now I'm not sure that they'll be wise as we need a strong army.
Influence, from the little knowledge I have about EU4, is not that great because religious ideas will grant us all the casus bellies we need against infidels.
I have no clue about Espinoage.
Maritime seems fine- why not use it if we still want our faction to be strong?
And about Naval, I thought that it was Diplomatic and not Military so I figured it would be a good way of increasing our power.
It really doesn't make sense through- if we pass Naval ideas, why would the reds gain power from it? The Navy is a direct ally of the blue demes, after all.

Last edited:
Be careful with those warnings- if you will continue, I'll have no choise but to consult Hadrianos Raoul to push for Naval ideas... or worse, exploration! Or, if I'll feel really evil, I'll try to push for trade! :p
The Blues will make a comeback! So much is sure. I think. I hope.
But sure!

Remember that the AAR (and game) spans for almost 400 years - no Faction will stay in power forever. You have to think about the long term here, so don't worry about fading influence of the Blues now, everything may change at some point. Plus IMHO it's much better to have three more or less equally influential Factions than one political blob which dominates the rest of them. Think about how much more plotting is possible now! Blues don't have a majority anymore but neither Reds or Whites have it. Even Red-White coalition is going to need votes of unaffiliated Senators. As you clearly saw, decision whether to attack Timurids or not was an easy one - but this is just the beggining. Soon things are about to get complicated and even I have no idea what's going to happen :)
Red Demes for lyfe!

Good point here: three members of the Blue Demes didn't vote and not everyone took part in the discussion. And indeed interaction is kinda the point of interactive AAR, isn't it? ;)

As for the question - I never said that titles would be given to you every Senate Session. Seeing how you guys ignored most of them last time I see no reason to bestow grace of HIM on you again, at least for the time being ;)
Obviously we should choose Religious as next idea group: free Casus Belli on everyone, less stability costs, less culture conversion costs, plenty of random events that increase Stability for free and easy religious conversions.
And I'm not saying that only because I'm the leader of the Religious Faction. Really. :rolleyes:
The next idea group is going to be a very important choice. In my games I never take two ideas from the same group one by one because it would inevitably slow my tech advancement. Personally I consider Naval ideas to be rather weak and Imperium is going to need the best ideas avaible to survive and prosper. But we'll talk about it during the next (?) Senate Session.

For now I have to say that I'm extremely glad that - all technical, modding, organizational and Senate issues aside - I finally can write the first chapter. :) t's been a long time since the last update in the world of "This Is Madness"...

A delightful outcome! As long as the Empire fights those blessed Hordes, Pisa, and the Aztecs are free to establish total control over the Far West.
I think we should obviously choose Humanist ideas, and begin to align ourselves to a peaceful friendship with the Aztecs.
[video=youtube;_n5E7feJHw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0[/video]
Heresy_meter.jpg

Hmm... I sense heresy.
What an interesting play of the senate: They vote for the military faction but they place a lukewarm merchant/explorer at its head instead of a military hard on :p
So are we preparing for a mobilization, do we hapless peasants are going to throw the pitchforks and get the pikes again soon?
Of course! Every man will have his chance to die fight for the Imperium! Actually, thanks to military reforms supported by Red Demes, even lots of children and elderly will have this chance too.

Allying with heretic Catholics is a hersey, we will all be burned if we suggest it :p
It also doesn't make sense, as the Catholic realms and us are separated by the Xenoi so we can't reach them. And about the other Christian realms, we already ally ourselves with Poland and Aqutaine, and from what I saw in the prolouge- Moldau too, but the Pisans are puppets of the Xenoi- and thus, allying with them will be the worst hersey, and the HRE pretend to be the true Roman Empire- thus, they're Heretics too.
So let's see with which ideas can the Blues gain power:
Diplomacy doesn't make sense, as the only strong realms other than us are infidels and hate our guts.
Trade and Exploration are fine, but right now I'm not sure that they'll be wise as we need a strong army.
Influence, from the little knowledge I have about EU4, is not that great because religious ideas will grant us all the casus bellies we need against infidels.
I have no clue about Espinoage.
Maritime seems fine- why not use it if we still want our faction to be strong?
And about Naval, I thought that it was Diplomatic and not Military so I figured it would be a good way of increasing our power.
It really doesn't make sense through- if we pass Naval ideas, why would the reds gain power from it? The Navy is a direct ally of the blue demes, after all.
Right now (1st January 1450) Imperium is allied with Poland and Moldau only. We also lost Defender of Faith status because of the war with the Horde. Not counting Pisa - which as a protectorate can't have allies anyways - there are only German realms in the Reich left as a potential Christian allies. By the way, the problem of the Reich has to be solved sooner or later...

Yes, if the Imperial Senate passes Naval ideas the Blues will gain power from it. I still have to think about it a little more but right now the Idea Groups are divided as follows:

iRcrJnj.jpg

Expansion is problematic - it should give power to the Blue Demes but than the Whites are left with just 4 Idea Groups and I would like every Faction to have equal number of them.

Last edited: