• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{I was planning on playing nice, but you've just gone and blown it m8. Why can't we have a nice election for once?}}

Senator Domenico Colombo:

One does wonder if Konstantinos has lost his hearing. Did he not hear my proposition that Pisa be the next target of a war after the Timurids? Even after six years, he still suspects me of being a collaborator with the Blues, despite giving them nothing, and taking away their ill-gotten influence in the Imperial Court. I must admit, I was foolish younger man with delusions about realms outside the known world once, but times change. I have changed. But Moustakas has not. The Blues are in full support of our policies, there is no evidence any of them are in league with the Pisans.

If I am Caesar, he is Brutus. A man afraid of progress and the future, a man afraid of Imperial rule, a man who would be seen in history as the very name of deciet and treachery. This Brutus accuses me of wanting the seat of Emperor for myself; such claims are laughable! Nobody, save the Angelos, are fit to rule the Imperium. In addition to be laughable in their accuracy, such claims are bordering on disrespectful to the Emperor himself. Of all Senators, I have forged the closest relationship with our Emperor, and to think he would allow someone who didn't have his best interests at hand so close to him is... near heresy. If Moustakas wants to be a soldier so much, he should volunteer to the front lines of the upcoming war, and see how much of an impact he will have. It is the soft power, the word spoken at feasts, the obligation of others to carry out favors, that will serve the Reds best.

Oh, and if Moustakas thinks I care about honorary titles...

*Senator Domenico Colombo grants the title of Mandator of the Great Palace to Senator Konstantinos Moustakas*

There you are, Mandator. You want such honors? You shall get them. They mean nothing to me. I am no Caesar, but you aspire to be. Why else would you seek to undermine a successful system I have set up? You are not worthy, yet you shall receive, because I have determined so. Wear this crown of thorns, King of the Senate.

*Domenico shouts 'Hail, King of the Senate!'*

{{If anyone doesn't catch it, this is a reference to the Romans mocking Jesus by giving him a crown of thorns befitting the King of the Jews. Obviously, in this case, words were changed. And Konstantinos is certainly no Jesus, and Domenico no Pilate. Just thought I'd use my own historical analogy to match my opponents. This is probably as close to 'get rekt' as is possible in the 15th century.}}

Senator Konstantinos Moustakas:

You are a heretic for mocking Iesos Christos, and a traitor for holding imperial titles in contempt. Titles conferred on us by our holy Basileus should be treated with the utmost respect and reverence. That is why I will thank you for this title you have given to me despite your blatant disrespect for our Basileus.

Last edited:
Senator Alexios Batavos

I will support you, senator Colombo, in the coming election as your only opponent seems to be a madman who argues for no reason as the differences between your plans are quite insignificant. It is obvious his only goal is the control of our faction, not it's or the Imperium's prosperity.

[size=+1] Senator Nicholaus II:[/size]
{{There's no feud like a blood feud. And why do you think I went radical? I figure we're all going to be frothing-at-the-mouth zealots in the end.}}

Senator Moustakas, I demand you check your heretical remarks! To accuse our faction's leader of seeking the Imperial Throne, all for the sake of petty factionalism... this is precisely the sort of poisonous strife that is most destructive to our empire. I would not have expected it even from the Blue Demes, let alone a man of your standing or character!
I must therefore support Domenico Colombo.

All Christendom, indeed all Europe, must bow to the Emperor. The German Heretics, and the peoples of Aquitaine, and even the distant British Isles, all should be brought into the light of Rome as soon as possible. To stand by and let them fall to the Xenoi is to allow our enemies to grow stronger, and condemn heretics- the souls most in need of the saving grace of our Basilius and His Church- to the soulless Xenoi and their dark, heathen gods. They must be annexed and brought within the flock forthwith.

Thank you, gentlemen. Your remarks will be remembered in future sessions, and I personally invite both of you to my quarters after the election for a feast, good result or not. I would also like to give both of you a title as a sign of personal respect, but I only have one at the moment. Therefore, I will give it to the man who endorsed me first.

*Domenico Colombo grants the title of Mandator of the Great Palace to Senator Alexios Batavos*

And do not think I have forgotten you, Nicholaus. The long-time enemies of all of Italian ancestry will meet their fates, hopefully sooner than later. Pisa Delenda Est!

In response to Helios Eliasian, you seem to not understand the concept that what benefits the Imperium benefits the Demes. The other Blues have recognized this, but you apparently have not. Greed has blinded you to what is truly right!

You are a heretic for mocking Iesos Christos, and a traitor for holding imperial titles in contempt. Titles conferred on us by our holy Basileus should be treated with the utmost respect and reverence. That is why I will thank you for this title you have given to me despite your blatant disrespect for our Basileus.

Again, this man accuses me of heresy and of treachery, but by doing so, he once again implicates that the Emperor would associate himself with such a person! By baselessly accusing me of these things, you are insulting the Imperial Guard who vet those near the Emperor, the members of the Imperial Court who interact with me on a daily basis, and most gravely, the Emperor himself. And that is a far, far greater heresy than any you accuse me of.

It appears you also do not understand how metaphors work, as the rest of the Reds do. Explaining exactly how you were humiliated would ruin the point, so I won't bother to do so. And go ahead and wear that title with pride, Mandator. You will have all the official duties, I am not minimizing what the Emperor gave me to work with, and I have given one of our more intelligent Senators an identical title as a mark of respect and admiration for his service. But yours is different. I want you to know, deep inside, that as you parade your title around, you are not truly worthy.

{That's my name, jerk! You're not Domenico!}

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Helios IV Eliasian:[/SIZE]
*on even more arrogant tone* I do not see how you fail to understand how exploration, one of our Demes' goals, fails to benefit the Blue Demes more than wars.

Hadrianos Raoul :

Even more stupid than I thought. With the focus put on the military by us, the Senate, 6 years ago, the development of exploration is stopped. Ressources can't be spared on other matters for the moment. But if the opportunity arises, the Blues will propose exploration, it's a promise I made when you people first elected me and I will fulfill it ! I dream also of Hindustan, of Serica, of what lies beyond us, but now is not the moment. If it can reassure you, I can propose it along my three other propositions. *the last sentence was said brandly, to provoke even more*

{{ I don't think we will attain tech 7 in admin during my mandate, that's why I put it aside :p }}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Helios IV Eliasian:[/SIZE]
*rolls eyes at the young inexperienced Raoul*
If you only want war, why are you even in this Demes?

Senator Hadrianos Raoul

*rolls eyes even more*
How about, you, defend your choices ? I exposed them but you have "cleverly" escaped it right now by attacking me on my age ....
I don't want only but it is known that si vis pacem para bellum

Senator Gaius Arrius

*Gaius slams his hand down, drawing attention to him.* Gentlemen, enough! Helios, stop your foolishness. Senator Raoul is thinking about the future of the Imperium. You are failing to see the grand scheme of things, Senator Eliasian.

[SIZE=+1]Senator Helios IV Eliasian:[/SIZE]
*extreme eye-rolling*
Why should we send an exploration to the East after the reconquest of Egypt?
Because it will benefit everyone in the Demes! Merchants will get their trade with the countries in Hindkastan, and the explorers will have discovered new lands.

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Helios IV Eliasian:[/SIZE]
*extreme eye-rolling*
Why should we send an exploration to the East after the reconquest of Egypt?
Because it will benefit everyone in the Demes! Merchants will get their trade with the countries in Hindkastan, and the explorers will have discovered new lands.
{{Ahem.
[size=+1]Remember to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ][/size]
}}

Thank you, gentlemen. Your remarks will be remembered in future sessions, and I personally invite both of you to my quarters after the election for a feast, good result or not. I would also like to give both of you a title as a sign of personal respect, but I only have one at the moment. Therefore, I will give it to the man who endorsed me first.

*Domenico Colombo grants the title of Mandator of the Great Palace to Senator Alexios Batavos*

And do not think I have forgotten you, Nicholaus. The long-time enemies of all of Italian ancestry will meet their fates, hopefully sooner than later. Pisa Delenda Est!

In response to Helios Eliasian, you seem to not understand the concept that what benefits the Imperium benefits the Demes. The other Blues have recognized this, but you apparently have not. Greed has blinded you to what is truly right!

Again, this man accuses me of heresy and of treachery, but by doing so, he once again implicates that the Emperor would associate himself with such a person! By baselessly accusing me of these things, you are insulting the Imperial Guard who vet those near the Emperor, the members of the Imperial Court who interact with me on a daily basis, and most gravely, the Emperor himself. And that is a far, far greater heresy than any you accuse me of.

It appears you also do not understand how metaphors work, as the rest of the Reds do. Explaining exactly how you were humiliated would ruin the point, so I won't bother to do so. And go ahead and wear that title with pride, Mandator. You will have all the official duties, I am not minimizing what the Emperor gave me to work with, and I have given one of our more intelligent Senators an identical title as a mark of respect and admiration for his service. But yours is different. I want you to know, deep inside, that as you parade your title around, you are not truly worthy.

{That's my name, jerk! You're not Domenico!}

[size=+1]Senator Nicholaus II[/size]
It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles. I gladly accept your invitation, Senator, and I extend you an invitation to mine own manor, that I may act in accordance with our statures.
{{Not the most subtle method of arranging plots, but he's still enough of a socialite that it's sort of expected}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Lazaros Melissenos[/SIZE]

*Lazaros is looking in the round of the senate, following the heated discussions and verbal comparisons of a certain body part. 'That's the way the audience in the old roman colosseum must have felt.', he thinks and feels a craving for some snacks and a goblet of wine. Looking from senator Colombo to senator Moustakas he adds in his mind: 'It's definitely more funny than a performance in the theater.*

[SIZE=+1]Senator Leontios Kastelos[/SIZE]

"Funny, isn't it?" A smiling Leontios commented to Lazaros, who looked very amused, almost like he was watching a chariot race. The time had clearly leaving marks on the old senator. His hair, now completely white, matched perfectly with the more accentuated wrinkles than six years ago. But yet, his ambitions and convictions remain the same, as it showed in the distance. The representative of the Kastelos had been silent during these years in the Senate, not adding much in the minor sessions and meetings between senators. Many wondered why, at first, the participation of Leontios was much more dynamic, and then simply become silent votes, even not joining to the blues.

"I find truly remarkable the exchange of arguments between Moustakas and Colombo." He said without waiting for a response. "Many of their answers are usually worth of six year old kids, but sometimes real gems come out from mouths so poorly enlightened."

The wine glass bowed slightly, enough so that the wine in modest amounts could enter into Leontios's mouth. "Although, I must admit that Colombo should be more careful with his words. Not few could consider heretical to make such comparison. Moustakas taunting as the history did with Iesus Kristos ... dangerous, much more if you are in Magnaura."

"So..."

"How have been the blues? There are certain complicity with the reds worries me." Leontios drink some more. "It's amazing how Raoul sold the whole faction Raoul to the eagles without getting anything in return, not even a promise of red public support to the navigators in the future." An inquisitive eyebrow rose in the aging face of the leader of Kastelos. "Certainly disturbing."

{{There is a lot of miswriting here, but I'm with little time, so Google translate came to help me(in part)!}}

[size=+2]SECOND SENATE SESSION - VOTING[/size]

fasFLmq.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, in the name of His Imperial Majesty, Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, hereby annouces that

[size=+2]THE DEBATE HAS ENDED[/size]
No amendments to the bill of His Imperial Majesty were proposed.

[size=+2]VOTING[/size]
[size=+1]***
[/size]

[size=+1]SENATUS CONSULTUM[/size]
  • Bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty to the Senate concerning the reform of the imperial administration and new legislation (National Focus)
[size=+1]RESOLUTIONS[/size]
  • Proposal introduced by His Imperial Majesty to the Senate concerning liberation of Aegyptus (war with the Timurids)
  • Proposal introduced by His Imperial Majesty to the Senate concerning taxation of Roman merchants (slave trade)
[size=+1]***
[/size]
SENATE FACTIONS
The Imperial Senate shall also elect new Faction Leaders choosing beetwen the following candidates:

CandidateFactionTerm
Domenico ColomboRed Demes2nd (reelection)
Konstantinos MoustakasRed Demes1st
Theophilus RhadenosWhite Demes2nd (reelection)
Helios IV EliasianBlue Demes1st
Hadrianos RaoulBlue Demes2nd (reelection)
[size=+2]BALLOTS[/size]
[size=+1]***
[/size]
[size=+1]Normal ballots[/size]
1. Bill of His Imperial Majesty (National Focus)
„The House XXX votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
„The House XXX votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
„The House XXX decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”

2. Proposal of His Imperial Majesty (war with the Timurids)
„The House XXX votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning liberation of Aegyptus.”
„The House XXX votes AGAINST the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning liberation of Aegyptus.”
„The House XXX decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning liberation of Aegyptus.”

3. Proposal of His Imperial Majesty (slave trade)
„The House XXX votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning taxation of Roman merchants.”
„The House XXX votes AGAINST the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning taxation of Roman merchants.”
„The House XXX decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning taxation of Roman merchants.”

[size=+1]Special ballots[/size]
1. Faction membership statement (obligatory)
„Senator <name> LEAVES <name> Faction.”
„Senator <name> JOINS <name> Faction.”
„Senator <name> LEAVES <name> Faction and JOINS <name> Faction.”
„Senator <name> STAYS IN <name> Faction.”
„Senator <name> REMAINS UNAFFILIATED.”

2. Faction Leader election
„Senator <name> VOTES FOR <name> as a Faction Leader of <color> Demes.”

[size=+2]THE VOTING BEGINS IN 1 HOUR[/size]
[size=+1]***
[/size]

{{If I've made some mistakes in the voting opening or you have some questions, now is the time.}}

Senator Hadrianos Raoul

„The House Raoul votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”

„The House Raoul votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning liberation of Aegyptus.”

„The House Raoul votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning taxation of Roman merchants.”

Faction membership statement (obligatory)
„Senator Hadrianos Raoul STAYS IN Blue Faction.”

2. Faction Leader election
„Senator Hadrianos Raoul VOTES FOR Hadrianos Raoul as a Faction Leader of Blue Demes.”

May all the lives that will go to waste in the sands of Egypt, allow the Imperium to grow stronger to establish one day the Pax Christiana.
I thank the Houses who will trust me once more to speak for them in this august assembly for the years to come

-Senator Hadrianos Raoul

Senator Leo Solominid

"Esteemed members of the senate. We are faced by Mongol barbarians and Aztec Xenoi, harassed by German pretenders and Pisans. In face of the threats that face the land, we must stand as one! Blessed Markos, long may he reign, has entrusted to us the responsibility of aiding him in the guidance of the empire, no, of Christianity itself, ill-worthy though we are of this sacred task. Please, let us not squabble and mock one another. We have been assembled from the far corners of the empire for its good. By His will, my lands have remained unharmed by the Xenoi's diabolic influence. In these matters, I would defer to those who are more familiar with the issue. Similarly, I should hope the Senators of Italia or Illyria would trust my judgement in matters of the Red Sea and beyond."

"Let us tread cautiously into battle. We may serve our Lord, both in peace and in war. In peace, let us focus our efforts on repopulating the provinces, which so long have suffered from the constant conflict. In war, let us strike only those states that are friendless and weak, so that we may take them without fear of defeat. A level hand and steady course-- these have been the hallmarks of Angeloi rule, and let us too adopt these principles."

Senator Leo Solominid
{{The debate is over, so you are not allowed to discuss anything in-character anymore. Also you have to use italics while writing in-character.

I'm giving you a warning. }}

Senator Michael Scipion:

„The House Scipion votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”

„The House Scipion votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning liberation of Aegyptus.”

„The House Scipion votes AGAINST the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning taxation of Roman merchants.”

Special ballots

„Senator Michael Scipion STAYS IN Red Demes Faction.”

„Senator Michael Scipion VOTES FOR no one as a Faction Leader of Red Demes.”

It is embarrassing to see the leadership of our faction. By one side a man who thinks of himself as the real power behind the throne, forgetting that his power comes from our faction support on the Army; by the other, a person who may would be more comfortable with the White Demes.
Pufff...I prefer not to choose anyone in these conditions.

„The House Colombo votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”

„The House Colombo votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning liberation of Aegyptus.”

„The House Colombo votes FOR the proposal of His Imperial Majesty concerning taxation of Roman merchants.”

Special ballots

„Senator Domenico Colombo STAYS IN Red Demes Faction.”

„Senator Domenico Colombo VOTES FOR Domenico Colombo as Faction Leader of Red Demes.”

Red Demes, we have had 6 years of success after success for our faction. Our policies dominate the Imperium, and our Faction is the most influential. It is my dearest hope to continue being your faction leader, but even if I am not, I will do my best to retain our influence.

For God, Emperor, and Empire!