• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zardnaar

Field Marshal
62 Badges
Oct 8, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
The Year is 1936 and the World is in great peril. After bumping his head in the middle of the night the Soviet premier Stalin wakes up with a slight concussion. The next day he decides to chart a new direction for the USSR. The Soviet Union will be a paragon among nations and promptly announces vast reductions in its military size. The Soviets have the largest army in the world, the new Soviet leaders decide to devote resources to winning the peace. Using the mighty mighty nation of New Zealand for inspiration the Soviets disband the entire airforce, all combat ships of the Soviet navy and reduce the army to a single HQ division!!!!. The mighty mighty nation of New Zealand now has a bigger army and navy than the Soviet Union. 1 HQ unit and 1 transport unit are all that is left of the Soviet Military machine.

Diplomacy will keep the forces of Tannu Tuva and Mongolia at bay should they try anything sneaky.

Reactions in Berlin seem to indicate Hitler collapsing into gales of laughter but never the less pacifism is the new Soviet order of the day. Over 1 million soviet men get to go back to their farms and create more Soviet citizens with their wives and lady friends. New economic policies are announced and teddy bears and fluffy bunnies are to be distributed to the citizens of the Soviet Union.

Stalin proudly announces his peace initiatives on the radio. Soviet citizens of course are enthused by this (or else).

Aha, not so sure this is a movement towards peace, or a long term plan for war. Removing 1918 infantry is very beneficial for a USSR planning to go to war in 1940/41. Hitler, you have been warned!

Aha, not so sure this is a movement towards peace, or a long term plan for war. Removing 1918 infantry is very beneficial for a USSR planning to go to war in 1940/41. Hitler, you have been warned!

Its not going to be a usual spam arm/mot/mech/inf Soviet game. The Soviets have a sekret weapon. IN a normal game I would keep the air units, arm, mot and some of the naval units the Soviets start with.

Pssst, Hitler are you reading this? Channel all your IC into the Abwehr and initiate a coup of the Soviet Union while it's still riddled with dissent!

I'm not 100% sure how the intelligence system in AoD works;). If I rememebr to I use spies in vanilla HoI2 and Darkest Hour Lt.

By Feb 1936 the fluffy bunny campaign (and some head shots) were going well in terms of making the people of the glorious Soviet Union happy (or else). A new 5 year plan was launched to build up the industrial base of the USSR.

And in may super sekret installations were also ordered along with more factories and infrastructure. Stalin had super sekret plans for the production super sekret technology in the future....

Of course this would require actually researching some of this super sekret tech for peacful applications only in the future.

Of course the glorious union of Soviets would require light cruisers!!! And AA guns.

Stalin is biting off more then he can chew! Planning to challenge Britain's naval supremacy and Germany's superior land forces at the same time? Madness I say!

Stalin is biting off more then he can chew! Planning to challenge Britain's naval supremacy and Germany's superior land forces at the same time? Madness I say!

More will be revealed soon, part of the plan is to build a smallish navy but not to take on any of the other great powers. The sekret weapon and strategy works in HoI2 but may not work in AoD due to various changes I am finding out about the hard way. I may actually lose this AAR or at least have to fight on after the bitter peace.

In AoD it makes little sense to stockpile supplies. Stockpile money if you want to, but the best way to spend ic early is on infrastructure and factories. Use double or even triple ic on those projects to finish them soon.

Building landforts with only 1937 construction will fivefold the icd consumed by the forts. Building forts should never starts before 1938 construction.

In AoD it makes little sense to stockpile supplies. Stockpile money if you want to, but the best way to spend ic early is on infrastructure and factories. Use double or even triple ic on those projects to finish them soon.

Building landforts with only 1937 construction will fivefold the icd consumed by the forts. Building forts should never starts before 1938 construction.

Part of the point of this AAR is to be very inefficient. It will be made obvious soon.

By the end of 1936 the 1st piece of Soviet Sekret Weapons Program (SSWP) was complete bwa ha ha.

1937 rolls around and it was time to change ministers.

By 1928 other part of the SSWP were commissioned. Soviet navy supreme!!!

Hidden offscreen in the production menus however was the true SSWP that will be revealed in 1939.

The 2nd part of the SSWP at sea trials.

A Soviet naval AAR, I'm very interested to see how this goes :D

A Soviet naval AAR, I'm very interested to see how this goes :D

Its not a naval AR, I just built them because I could:). Its kind of embarrassing about the navy later on to be honest.

No worries. A war with no losses or defeats would be quite silly anyway!