• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dang it missed the vote...
Still, Reds won the vote so Decius can be happy as he recovers from yet another sudden time convenient illness. And most importantly the Empire is safe from those evil merchants and their plots to ruin the Empire :)
Though its really interesting to see the potential for further political shifts in the fractions

Wow, even with a Blue Demes faction majority, the Reds still manage to get their idea in... what have my fellow Senators been doing!?

Wow, even with a Blue Demes faction majority, the Reds still manage to get their idea in... what have my fellow Senators been doing!?

Planning for the future.

Awesome! I'll have to do something to celebrate this :) To all those who voted for "This Is Madness": thank you!
Can we distribute titles now? I'd like to reward some loyal elements, to distinguish from those elements that are not. *looks at Wedrovander*
No, you can only do this during Senate Session.
In addition, have the rules regarding in-character writing (stuff like letters) outside of Sessions been changed, or is that still restricted to sessions? I remember something was going to be changed regarding that. Also, Domenico has a new lease on life now, but when do you think rules regarding death will be established?
I'm working on it (both the in-character writing outside the Senate and rules regarding death/removal from the Senate).
Alright, first session over. This was fun. I love watching the bickering between the senators. The idea I voted for lost, but Quantity is still good. Admin will almost certainly come up next session.
It was certainly fun to watch :)
Admin, religion, aristocracy (maybe), exploration, and trade are sure to be debated over for the rest of the AAR.
I hope so!
Dang it missed the vote...
Still, Reds won the vote so Decius can be happy as he recovers from yet another sudden time convenient illness. And most importantly the Empire is safe from those evil merchants and their plots to ruin the Empire :)
Though its really interesting to see the potential for further political shifts in the fractions
Oh yes there is and already we have seen some unexpected dynamics in the Senate. I'm very happy with how this is all proceeding :)
Planning for the future.
We'll see about that ;)

My comments regarding the First Session:
  • Quantity was really unexpected for me, it's something which I would surely never choose as a first idea group
  • Red Demes won but just barely - 9 votes for but 7 votes against/abstained, so it was a close call
  • Six Senators haven't voted at all, which was again unexpected (you had 24 hours to do so and you were notified about the schedule 5 days ago, so you have nobody to blame but yourself, guys)
  • Surprisingly much time was devoted to personal attacks and bickering, with too little attention devoted to important things like the consequences of using one idea group slot for Quantity or Administrative - just like in real Senate every single parliament ever
  • it was fun to observe and participate, at least for me, though I hope you had fun too :)

All in all, the First Session went really good. But it's just the beginning - I'm glad to announce that I'm almost done modding and that the AAR should start this week. And I'm really happy to say this, because writing or just playing the game is much more interesting than endless testing and tweaking.

Ironically I think naval ideals would be the most beneficial to the imperium. Mare nostrum will be the difference between victory and death against the xenoi. Putting pirates on the sevile trade node will murder their trade income and blockading all their ports in the new world will keep WE going up. The only way the Aztecs can attack are either through mountain regions that the imperium can reinforce rapidly or across the northern African desert which will take a mountainous toll of manpower either way.

So goes Mare nostrum so goes the Imperium.

Since there has been less than twelve votes for Quantity, it means it's not binding, right ?
Anyway, the Session was fun though changing quickly (looking at the Reds ;) ). I'll think to give the only title (Czoklet are you really serious) to one of the ten Blues next Session. I will not take it that's granted :p

I personally thought quantity was kind of naff in general, but in a situation where you're squeezed up against (as far as we know) three superpowers, manpower reserves will be our lifeblood, also I leanred that it has a building power cost reduction, which might be nice to have.

I hope the Reds remember who advocated for Quantity since the very beginning...

I'm not planning to, you're a shoe-in for one of the honorifics I think. I need to pick the other one though, and that'll be tougher.

It may seem odd since we were very angry at each other for quite a while, but your betrayal to the Whites would have destroyed Domenico's political career and cemented him as a stupid flip-flopper. I was worrying, because your character is a bit more conservative than most. But I guess the big sack of smugness you got was worth it.

This is, of course, assuming you don't decide to turn on me in the second session. Which would put that honorific in danger. :p

What has to be in the mind of every good Roman is the fear of all 3 hordes coming down on the imperium at the same time (especially with the tech boost buff that they get) I agree manpower will be the blood but the Med and its trade is the air that the light of civilization has breathed from the time of the Phoenicians.

What has to be in the mind of every good Roman is the fear of all 3 hordes coming down on the imperium at the same time (especially with the tech boost buff that they get) I agree manpower will be the blood but the Med and its trade is the air that the light of civilization has breathed from the time of the Phoenicians.

Trade and admin ideas would give us money that would mostly just go to more mercs and replenishment. I do wish quantity gave something economic like goods produced, since it should be working not just to draw on a larger portion of the population, but to sustain a larger population.

The way I figured it, Decius is fine with either option and his spineless is enough that he doesn't want to risk openly opposing or making enemies (though those titles seem very appealing to him)
and of course his main priority is that the empire succeeds

and of course to end up on the winning side (currently the Reds), and foil those merchants is still a good vote to have.

Last edited:
Ironically I think naval ideals would be the most beneficial to the imperium. Mare nostrum will be the difference between victory and death against the xenoi. Putting pirates on the sevile trade node will murder their trade income and blockading all their ports in the new world will keep WE going up. The only way the Aztecs can attack are either through mountain regions that the imperium can reinforce rapidly or across the northern African desert which will take a mountainous toll of manpower either way.

So goes Mare nostrum so goes the Imperium.
Ah, you gave me an idea on to what should I try to push for after exploration :p