• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{Look out Raoul is a titan!!! Quick everyone get their 3d manuvering gear!!! points to anyone who gets that reference}}
{{Also, I'm starting to suspect that our faction leader may have misled us....}}

{{Politics is full of deception. You really shouldn't have been surprised.}}

[size=+1]Senator Ioannes Kantakouzenos:[/size]

*Ioannes scowls at the multitude of insults to the Faithful*

Senators of the Blue and Red Demes, I urge you to reconsider your hatred of the Whites. If what I am hearing is correct, the opinion sways in form of a coalition between your Demes, in some futile show of mutual hatred towards us of the Faithful. But we are united, for the most part, in that we all support the implementation of further Administrative ideas of some kind. I could even be persuaded from the full-fledged support of the Faith, if only there would be a single person in this Senate besides me and Senator Rhadenos that had even a modicum of respect for God.

While the election of Senator Domenico Columbo as leader of the Red Demes concerns me for a number of reasons, the foremost is that it contradicts the balance of power itself. Senator Columbo is a staunch supporter of both Exploration and Trade, and while I cannot deny the allure of those things they are not the values espoused by the Red Demes, but by the Blue Demes. By supporting him, you are supporting the causes of the Blues, though I know I shouldn't be surprised by the Red Demes supporting the causes of the Blues as you are already doing so by being amiable to the sick merchants and foul greedy men who infest that Demes, much like the spawn of Satan infest the burning inferno of hell that all the members of the Blue Demes will surely visit when they die.

It is not to late to save the souls of the Eagles, however. Speaking from a more pragmatic perspective, the Red Demes could easily get more of their preferred legislation passed if they joined in a coalition with the Faithful. I cannot speak for Senator Rhadenos, but I am sure he would be fine with the idea of a Red-White coalition so long as the Whites are not neglected. We can either allow the Blues total domination of the Senate or deny them that, at the cost of some compromise between the Faithful's and the Eagle's positions. If you join with us, you may yet have a chance of gaining influence in the Senate, whereas joining with the Blues means only they win. A victory for the Blue Demes, or a pyrrhic victory for the Faithful and the Eagles. Your choice.

*Ioannes fondles his small cross necklace, made of gold.*

I pray you make the right one.

{{I would be more reasonable and sane in my arguments, but that would ruin the fun of insulting everyone as loudly as possible.}}

Hadrianos Raoul :

You dare dictate the actions of the Reds. They have chosen senator Columbo instead of senator Moustakas so they must support his ideas. You talk of our mutual arrangement as a loss for the Reds, but the ones who lose even more importance are the Whites, left alone with your fanatic ideas. Supporting you would mean continual purges, wars which would deplete our men. Don't be blinded by his lies, Reds, union is vital in these dire times !

{{ If all factions vote for admnistration, is it still considered as a victory for the Whites ? }}

{{I'm not sure, the general attitude is that we're going to war for egypt and maybe bites of germany, it's an administrative reform, but it's one posed by the reds and blues rather than the whites, so... hopefully the reds get the +100}}.

Senators of the Blue and Red Demes, I urge you to reconsider your hatred of the Whites. If what I am hearing is correct, the opinion sways in form of a coalition between your Demes, in some futile show of mutual hatred towards us of the Faithful. But we are united, for the most part, in that we all support the implementation of further Administrative ideas of some kind. I could even be persuaded from the full-fledged support of the Faith, if only there would be a single person in this Senate besides me and Senator Rhadenos that had even a modicum of respect for God.

While the election of Senator Domenico Columbo as leader of the Red Demes concerns me for a number of reasons, the foremost is that it contradicts the balance of power itself. Senator Columbo is a staunch supporter of both Exploration and Trade, and while I cannot deny the allure of those things they are not the values espoused by the Red Demes, but by the Blue Demes. By supporting him, you are supporting the causes of the Blues, though I know I shouldn't be surprised by the Red Demes supporting the causes of the Blues as you are already doing so by being amiable to the sick merchants and foul greedy men who infest that Demes, much like the spawn of Satan infest the burning inferno of hell that all the members of the Blue Demes will surely visit when they die.

It is not to late to save the souls of the Eagles, however. Speaking from a more pragmatic perspective, the Red Demes could easily get more of their preferred legislation passed if they joined in a coalition with the Faithful. I cannot speak for Senator Rhadenos, but I am sure he would be fine with the idea of a Red-White coalition so long as the Whites are not neglected. We can either allow the Blues total domination of the Senate or deny them that, at the cost of some compromise between the Faithful's and the Eagle's positions. If you join with us, you may yet have a chance of gaining influence in the Senate, whereas joining with the Blues means only they win. A victory for the Blue Demes, or a pyrrhic victory for the Faithful and the Eagles. Your choice.

Senator Osgar Godric

BROTHERS! Calm yourselves! We need to be united in these dark times! White, Red, Blue, None of it will matter if the Mongol or Xenoi destroy us. SO STOP USING THIS HALL AS A PLACE FOR YOU TO SETTLE YOUR PETTY LITTLE HATES!

{{I would be more reasonable and sane in my arguments, but that would ruin the fun of insulting everyone as loudly as possible.}}

Senator Domenico Colombo

You are coming close to accusing your fellow Senators of heresy, 'Friend'. That is no small charge. If you can prove it, which you can't, then you could have three quarters of the Senate hanged. You accuse me of selling out my faction to the Blues? That's preposterous. None of my proposed policies help the Blues at all. Administrative Ideas, while in your sector technically, are really a military focii. The Reds are building consensus on attacking the Timurids, which is a primary goal of ours.

May I remind you that I have not yet promised the Blues anything? There will come a time to debate exploration and trade, but that time is not now. Perhaps deals will be made, ones that are mutually beneficial, of course. And who knows what allegiances will change in that time. Perhaps,

*Domenico chuckles*

by that time you'll be guild master and supporting Humanist approaches to matters and gutting the standing army in favor of mercenaries, and gutting the navy in favor of trade ships. Who knows what will happen?

Many things can and will happen, Ioannes, but one thing is for sure:

The Red Demes kneel to no one, save the Emperor and God.

*Domenico fondles his balls under the lectern*

{{That's what I think of your stupid necklace, Ioannes}}

*Domenico proceeds to shake hands with the Patriarch, who was checking out the proceedings*

Hadrianos Raoul :

You dare dictate the actions of the Reds. They have chosen senator Columbo instead of senator Moustakas so they must support his ideas. You talk of our mutual arrangement as a loss for the Reds, but the ones who lose even more importance are the Whites, left alone with your fanatic ideas. Supporting you would mean continual purges, wars which would deplete our men. Don't be blinded by his lies, Reds, union is vital in these dire times !

{{ If all factions vote for admnistration, is it still considered as a victory for the Whites ? }}

*Ioannes scowls. Again. Not for the last time, either.*

Ah, yes, Senator Hadrianos Raoul. Well, I will excuse myself from further talk on the matter of your immortal soul, which will surely spend eternity being punished by the harsh hands of Satan and the cruelties of his torturous flame, and talk to you like a politician.

I despise politicians, actually, which may seem slightly hypocritical considering I am one. Nonetheless, you are the literal embodiment of everything I despise in this universe, a mixture of foulness that is only matched by that of the Xenoi. Thankfully, the Xenoi only cease to exist after their soulless bodies perish, whereas I may receive the heavenly reward of watching you burn in hellfire from my perch just below that of the Angeloi, who are naturally seated by God's right hand. You connive and scheme like a spider building its web, a web of intrigue that will stretch from one end of the Magnaura to the other, entrapping those Senators foolish enough to fall in. And with the power of your web, holding firm, you will acquire wealth and glory to your name, seeking to rise so high that you may match the Angeloi.

Naturally, you may never do so. If you do not betray the Imperium in actuality, you will do so in your soul. Nay, you've already done it in your soul, and now I fear that I must watch and you corrupt the entire senate with your evil. Gold and lust, envy and ambition, all of those things will fit inside the web you spin, until the day some man, most likely one of the Faithful, will burn it and purge you from this Earth as befits the accursed being you have become.

I spit on you. Not literally, as for all your corruption you are still not as terrible as a Pisan. But you are close.

{{The gloves are off now. My character may want reconciliation of ideas and strategies, but he's not putting up with personal attacks. ENEMIES FOR LYFE.}}

Senator Domenico Colombo

You are coming close to accusing your fellow Senators of heresy, 'Friend'. That is no small charge. If you can prove it, which you can't, then you could have three quarters of the Senate hanged. You accuse me of selling out my faction to the Blues? That's preposterous. None of my proposed policies help the Blues at all. Administrative Ideas, while in your sector technically, are really a military focii. The Reds are building consensus on attacking the Timurids, which is a primary goal of ours.

May I remind you that I have not yet promised the Blues anything? There will come a time to debate exploration and trade, but that time is not now. Perhaps deals will be made, ones that are mutually beneficial, of course. And who knows what allegiances will change in that time. Perhaps,

*Domenico chuckles*

by that time you'll be guild master and supporting Humanist approaches to matters and gutting the standing army in favor of mercenaries, and gutting the navy in favor of trade ships. Who knows what will happen?

Many things can and will happen, Ioannes, but one thing is for sure:

The Red Demes kneel to no one, save the Emperor and God.

*Domenico fondles his balls under the lectern*

{{That's what I think of your stupid necklace, Ioannes}}

*Domenico proceeds to shake hands with the Patriarch, who was checking out the proceedings*

Unlike the Senator Raoul, whom I despise with all my heart, I only despise you with part of it. Of course, you can only survive with all of your heart intact, not split into portions. I am sure that, given the nature of you and the others of the Blue Demes, since I can confirm for all those of the Red Demes listening that you are no Eagle, that you would very much enjoy splitting my hearts into portions, given the great trouble I have granted you.

*Ioannes bows mockingly*

I apologize for the offense I have caused, Oh Great Senator Columbo! How ever will you forgive my transgressions?

*Ioannes laughs, in a cynical way.*

Was it not Cicero who once said, "A Man of Courage is also full of faith?" While obviously Cicero is now being roasted by the Devil for his heathen ways, those words may still ring true, if taken in the context of a good, Christian God unlike the demons he worshiped. The Red Demes and the White Demes should have a natural accord, being that soldiers risking their lives for the Imperium are the closest men to god besides those who don the cloths of the priesthood. Yet you, Senator Columbo, have instigated a set of motions to push the noble Eagles towards the Pisan-like penny-pinching gold-grabbing coin-collecting hell-bound men of the Blue Demes. Why? Not because you have the interests of your own Demes at heart, but because you are a supporter of the Blue Demes and shall forever remain so, and I would rather be sacrificed to the horrible demons we call Xenoi than ever have to say anything good about you in a non-sarcastic manner.

In conclusion, you disgust me.

*Ioannes fondles his privates as well, implying through hands gestures that they are much larger than Senator Columbo's.*

{{At this point, I am just waiting for the assassination attempt.}}

[size=+1]Senator Cortez:[/size]

Let us refrain from making personal attacks on one another, it does nothing to convince senators of how to vote. I personally think the administrative reform will do a lot of good for the imperium now and in the future. Talk of religious, military, and trade or exploration reform, while I am interested in all of those, sadly must come after the imperial lands to the south are re-united, because if you think our administration needs work, just imagine having to govern in Abyssinia, it is nigh-impossible to collect taxes or organize forces.

*Cortez glances at Ioannes* I find it odd that you question the morality of men who propose we wage a war to liberate the still-orthodox masses of Aegyptus.

{{At this point, I am just waiting for the assassination attempt.}}

{{Assassination attempts? Why not duels?}}

*Ioannes scowls. Again. Not for the last time, either.*

Ah, yes, Senator Hadrianos Raoul. Well, I will excuse myself from further talk on the matter of your immortal soul, which will surely spend eternity being punished by the harsh hands of Satan and the cruelties of his torturous flame, and talk to you like a politician.

I despise politicians, actually, which may seem slightly hypocritical considering I am one. Nonetheless, you are the literal embodiment of everything I despise in this universe, a mixture of foulness that is only matched by that of the Xenoi. Thankfully, the Xenoi only cease to exist after their soulless bodies perish, whereas I may receive the heavenly reward of watching you burn in hellfire from my perch just below that of the Angeloi, who are naturally seated by God's right hand. You connive and scheme like a spider building its web, a web of intrigue that will stretch from one end of the Magnaura to the other, entrapping those Senators foolish enough to fall in. And with the power of your web, holding firm, you will acquire wealth and glory to your name, seeking to rise so high that you may match the Angeloi.

Naturally, you may never do so. If you do not betray the Imperium in actuality, you will do so in your soul. Nay, you've already done it in your soul, and now I fear that I must watch and you corrupt the entire senate with your evil. Gold and lust, envy and ambition, all of those things will fit inside the web you spin, until the day some man, most likely one of the Faithful, will burn it and purge you from this Earth as befits the accursed being you have become.

I spit on you. Not literally, as for all your corruption you are still not as terrible as a Pisan. But you are close.

Senator Osgar Godric

We all hold our lives and success to the Angeloi, If not for Saint Markos, The only christians alive would be the Church of Nestor, Which i hear is still alive in Serica. You believe that we shall burn in hellfire, And for what? For wanting to see the last christian bastion last one more day? If anyone is consipring against the Imperium, It is you! You are like the snake, Sowing doubt and treachery wherever you go. You may hide behind your shield of faith, But let all know that your faith is rotten! I may be no shining beacon of piety, But even one such as myself can see for the vulture you are!

Let us refrain from making personal attacks on one another, it does nothing to convince senators of how to vote. I personally think the administrative reform will do a lot of good for the imperium now and in the future. Talk of religious, military, and trade or exploration reform, while I am interested in all of those, sadly must come after the imperial lands to the south are re-united, because if you think our administration needs work, just imagine having to govern in Abyssinia, it is nigh-impossible to collect taxes or organize forces.

*Cortez glances at Ioannes* I find it odd that you question the morality of men who propose we wage a war to liberate the still-orthodox masses of Aegyptus.

*Ioannes' trademark scowl shows on his face once more*

Senator Cortez, I think it only fair to question the honor of men have questioned the honor of the Faithful, and I feel I must do so as vigorously as possible to ensure they receive the message I am intending to send them. As to the liberation of Aegyptus, your implication that I do not fully support it with every aspect of my immortal soul is questioning my honor, which, as I am half of the entire White Demes, is essentially questioning the honor of the Faithful. So, then, Senator Cortez, prepare to have your honor questioned.

You are a member of the Blue Demes. Therefore you will burn in hell. That is a summary of my entire opinion on you, and I don't feel that I need to elaborate much further for you to receive the message.

Senator Osgar Godric

We all hold our lives and success to the Angeloi, If not for Saint Markos, The only christians alive would be the Church of Nestor, Which i hear is still alive in Serica. You believe that we shall burn in hellfire, And for what? For wanting to see the last christian bastion last one more day? If anyone is consipring against the Imperium, It is you! You are like the snake, Sowing doubt and treachery wherever you go. You may hide behind your shield of faith, But let all know that your faith is rotten! I may be no shining beacon of piety, But even one such as myself can see for the vulture you are!

Hmph. Another one daring to question my integrity. I have no more words than those I have already said.

{{I'd say a good, old-fashioned duel would settle this fairly well really. That's actually a good idea for a future senate session that somehow gets even more violent than this one.}}

*Ioannes' trademark scowl shows on his face once more*

Senator Cortez, I think it only fair to question the honor of men have questioned the honor of the Faithful, and I feel I must do so as vigorously as possible to ensure they receive the message I am intending to send them. As to the liberation of Aegyptus, your implication that I do not fully support it with every aspect of my immortal soul is questioning my honor, which, as I am half of the entire White Demes, is essentially questioning the honor of the Faithful. So, then, Senator Cortez, prepare to have your honor questioned.

You are a member of the Blue Demes. Therefore you will burn in hell. That is a summary of my entire opinion on you, and I don't feel that I need to elaborate much further for you to receive the message.

Hmph. Another one daring to question my integrity. I have no more words than those I have already said.

{{I'd say a good, old-fashioned duel would settle this fairly well really. That's actually a good idea for a future senate session that somehow gets even more violent than this one.}}

[size=+1]Senator Juan Cortez:[/size]

I find your questions questionable.

{{I could not resist, hard as I tried.}}

Last edited:

Talk of religious, military, and trade or exploration reform, while I am interested in all of those, sadly must come after the imperial lands to the south are re-united, because if you think our administration needs work, just imagine having to govern in Abyssinia, it is nigh-impossible to collect taxes or organize forces.

Senator Osgar Godric

You wish to know what it is like in absyinnia? Simple. Hell. Constant attacks from across the red sea by Timurid Demons, Tribal invasions numbering in the thousands that make the huns look like children, Using what i swear to be elephants from the old tales of carthago.You do not know fear till you are at the recieving end of a charge from one of those beasts. For 15 years i have served my duty there, And nearly died several times. The only good thing that comes out of Absynnia? Knowledge. Infomation from India and the Hinduland. Before you even ask, No, There is no Prester John. The Mongols Killed that kingdom from what i hear. Everyday, The limes get that little bit weaker, Less bodies to replace them with. That is why we need to regain egypt. For Egypt once is reclaimed, We can use the Nile to encourage growth with its tremendous harvest, Thus more bodies to fill the imperial army. And of course, Establishing a supply route form Antioch to Gondor. There is also the matter of the legends of this place. King Solomon reportadly had some kind of mine that lay in this land, Able to offer material stronger than damascus steel. While it is likely just a legend, If this place turned out to be true, Then we would have a major advantage over the foes of our empire.

Last edited:
[size=+1]Senator Juan Cortez:[/size]

I find your questions questionable.

I find your turns of phrase almost as stupid as your mind. Though, I suppose stupidity doesn't matter when you're also an evil, reprehensible, irredeemable person.

Senator Gaius Arrius

*Gaius sighs quietly to himself, rubbing his forehead in an attempt to stop his growing headache.*
Fellow senators, why must we fight? We all wish to see the Imperium prosper. Our methods differ, but the goals are the same. I fail to see what good can come from fighting over petty matters...

*Gaius lowers his voice so that no one can hear him*
Foolish Whites... why are any of us paying them mind? They are too few to every hold power. If the Blues and Reds work together, they cannot lose.

Senator Theophilus Rhadenos

Senators, the Holy Emperor has spoken and he demands the reformation of our Administrative Body.

It is a solemn duty of all loyal servants of the Imperium to kneel before the judgement of the One Emperor and do his Will. And so the Whites will be the first to obey to the will of vice regent of God and will therefore support the Reformation of the Administration, but we also encourage stronger Religious policies in the future as it is Faith and Faith only that can keep the Imperium together.
Let all know that the Holy Church will gladly accept to give Her support to the Holy administration, after all the Clergy has always been a fundamental part of the Imperial Bureaucracy and we Men of God will gladly have a place in the reformed Adminstrative system...

It is also good to hear that the foolish ideas of Exploration have finally been dismissed by the misguided leadership of the Merchants, they have recognized the wickedness of their ways and God has granted them clarity, by showing them the way to submission before the Will of the Emperor and One Church. Exploration is a waste of time as of now, the reconquest of Egypt and the strengthening against internal threats are our true priorities and it is good that the Blues have finally recognized the truth.

Unfortunately their return to the proper ways seems to be still incomplete, and some of their members have even made misguided attacks against the most Pure faction of the Whites. We have been called "Fanatics", apparently ignoring that it was only thanks to righteous zeal that the Imperium survives to this day, we have been called insignificant, almost implying that if many support something, even a sin, it should become right, but this is the way of Sodom and Gomorrah.
As always I recommend patience to the members of our faction, we should forgive those poor souls for they do not know what they do, and we should always pray so that God may save them from themselves. I forgive all members of the Blues for their sins.

*Theophilus smiles at the direction of the Merchant faction and makes a gesture for blessing them*

And the same apply for the members of the Reds, who have been dealing with the Blue faction.
Certainly they have done so with the best intentions, they wanted to ensure a quick majority in the Senate to ensure unity to the Imperium, and I can understand this. Yet I encourage them to not forget that the sword, without the blessing of God, is useless and only an object for slaughter; in the same way the Red Demes should not forget that the Faithful stand in firm support of our Blessed Armies and are willing to support any Military reform they might suggest, for the Army and the Church are but part of the same body that is the Imperium and the numerous parts that constitute our glorious Empire should never work alone.
It is for this that I hope to establish friendly relations with the members of the Red Demes, defenders of the Imperium.

That is all, and may the Pantokrator bless the Imperium.

- Theophilus Rhadenos,
Metropolitan Bishop of Tiberias

((Sorry for being late, But I'm slow at writing and was busy with another IAAR.
Also, I wrote this in a hurry so I might have missed something or there might be errors. Anyway, back to infighting!))

Senator Gaius Arrius

*Gaius sighs quietly to himself, rubbing his forehead in an attempt to stop his growing headache.*
Fellow senators, why must we fight? We all wish to see the Imperium prosper. Our methods differ, but the goals are the same. I fail to see what good can come from fighting over petty matters...

*Gaius lowers his voice so that no one can hear him*
Foolish Whites... why are any of us paying them mind? They are too few to every hold power. If the Blues and Reds work together, they cannot lose.

I suggest you do not become involved in any of our conflicts, Senator Arrius, for my own sake. I do not know where you stand, except for that it's probably not with me, indicating you are an immoral person, and getting involved in our conflicts will lead me to attacking even more Senators than I am already attacking, and I assure you my throat is as sore as runner's legs would be after going the entire length of the Imperium's borders.

Senator Theophilus Rhadenos

Senators, the Holy Emperor has spoken and he demands the reformation of our Administrative Body.

It is a solemn duty of all loyal servants of the Imperium to kneel before the judgement of the One Emperor and do his Will. And so the Whites will be the first to obey to the will of vice regent of God and will therefore support the Reformation of the Administration, but we also encourage stronger Religious policies in the future as it is Faith and Faith only that can keep the Imperium together.
Let all know that the Holy Church will gladly accept to give Her support to the Holy administration, after all the Clergy has always been a fundamental part of the Imperial Bureaucracy and we Men of God will gladly have a place in the reformed Adminstrative system...

It is also good to hear that the foolish ideas of Exploration have finally been dismissed by the misguided leadership of the Merchants, they have recognized the wickedness of their ways and God has granted them clarity, by showing them the way to submission before the Will of the Emperor and One Church. Exploration is a waste of time as of now, the reconquest of Egypt and the strengthening against internal threats are our true priorities and it is good that the Blues have finally recognized the truth.

Unfortunately their return to the proper ways seems to be still incomplete, and some of their members have even made misguided attacks against the most Pure faction of the Whites. We have been called "Fanatics", apparently ignoring that it was only thanks to righteous zeal that the Imperium survives to this day, we have been called insignificant, almost implying that if many support something, even a sin, it should become right, but this is the way of Sodom and Gomorrah.
As always I recommend patience to the members of our faction, we should forgive those poor souls for they do not know what they do, and we should always pray so that God may save them from themselves. I forgive all members of the Blues for their sins.

*Theophilus smiles at the direction of the Merchant faction and makes a gesture for blessing them*

And the same apply for the members of the Reds, who have been dealing with the Blue faction.
Certainly they have done so with the best intentions, they wanted to ensure a quick majority in the Senate to ensure unity to the Imperium, and I can understand this. Yet I encourage them to not forget that the sword, without the blessing of God, is useless and only an object for slaughter; in the same way the Red Demes should not forget that the Faithful stand in firm support of our Blessed Armies and are willing to support any Military reform they might suggest, for the Army and the Church are but part of the same body that is the Imperium and the numerous parts that constitute our glorious Empire should never work alone.
It is for this that I hope to establish friendly relations with the members of the Red Demes, defenders of the Imperium.

That is all, and may the Pantokrator bless the Imperium.

- Theophilus Rhadenos,
Metropolitan Bishop of Tiberias

((Sorry for being late, But I'm slow at writing and was busy with another IAAR.
Also, I wrote this in a hurry so I might have missed something or there might be errors. Anyway, back to infighting!))

Very well, Senator Rhadenos. I will bow to your will in this matter. I extend my blessing and forgiveness to all those I have hurt by my childness here today.

*Smiles in a slightly lunatic-like manner, and secretly glares at Senator Rhadenos*

(Whispering)
If that man believes he can lambast me simply because he is faction leader and I am not, I will show him the strength of my faith is stronger than his. What a fool, believing compromise with the Blues is a possibility, not seeing the evil in them, acting as if he loves them fully when he should despise them.

I find your turns of phrase almost as stupid as your mind. Though, I suppose stupidity doesn't matter when you're also an evil, reprehensible, irredeemable person.

{{I think at this point, it's not a duel you'd be having, it would be a firing squad composed of the other Senators.}}

Senator Domenico Colombo:

You must understand, sir, that we do not question your faith. We only question your ability to govern. Those whose concerns are only based around their faith should not be in great debating halls, they should be in monasteries.

Case in point: Your poisonous words have driven the other Senators away from you, and now the Whites will have even less say than they would have otherwise. Perhaps it would have been better to hide your disdain in order to further your ambitions for the Imperium? We will never know, now that your poison has emerged.

*Domenico Colombo makes a rude hand gesture implying that Ioannes is a homosexual*

{{Hey, perhaps that's why he has such a stick up his ass? Or why he's so fervent? Perhaps he's trying to pray the gay away?}}