• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exactly :)

Whatever is going to happen, I'm sure it will make for a good story ;)

I'm still fixing bugs but I'm almost done - now I only need to find a way to allow HRE "emperor" to be Orthodox and I think I can start testing and writing the last Dev Diary.

About that HRE Emperor thing, with the new AoW HRE Religion mechanics, there are two new vars I found:
set_hre_religion and set_hre_religion_locked. (and the corresponding conditions, hre_religion and hre_religion_locked)
hre_religion is obviously the official religion of the HRE and hre_religion_locked I'm guessing has to do whether the religion can be forced changed through war. Since in TIM the only remaining Christian official religion is Orthodox, and I doubt the reformation is gonna happen (well not in the 'HRE' at least, it might happen in the Imperium, dunno what your plans are), you can set those two vars to set_hre_religion=orthodox and set_hre_religion_locked=yes through an event or decision. I couldn't find a way to set it from the beginning though. There isnt any define. Maybe if all the members are Orthodox?

About that HRE Emperor thing, with the new AoW HRE Religion mechanics, there are two new vars I found:
set_hre_religion and set_hre_religion_locked. (and the corresponding conditions, hre_religion and hre_religion_locked)
hre_religion is obviously the official religion of the HRE and hre_religion_locked I'm guessing has to do whether the religion can be forced changed through war. Since in TIM the only remaining Christian official religion is Orthodox, and I doubt the reformation is gonna happen (well not in the 'HRE' at least, it might happen in the Imperium, dunno what your plans are), you can set those two vars to set_hre_religion=orthodox and set_hre_religion_locked=yes through an event or decision. I couldn't find a way to set it from the beginning though. There isnt any define. Maybe if all the members are Orthodox?
Thank you very much, I'll try that! I hope it works because right now game gives HRE "emperor" title to random Catholic country like Ireland :) I should've destroyed German barbarians in CK2 to avoid these silly shenanigans entirely.

Hear hear!

I'm busy fixing the converted save so that everything can work in AoW but I can reveal one very interesting (and terrifying) snippet of information concerning "Imperium Sine Fine" in AoW:

RELATIVE ECONOMICAL STRENGTH
Imperium - 100
The Timurids - 50
The Horde - 40
Xenoi Xolal - 220

I guess campaign will be challenging after all :)
Does this take into account the xenoi's distant overseas penalty for all its regions in Europe or the nations relative control of trade? Being able to feed the sea of Alexandria and Constantinople into venice has to be stronger then whatever mess the hordes are going to have to navigate for trade income.

I would be most interested to see how the ai is going to navigate its intercontinental empire efficiently. Shipping soldiers back and forth across the pond is going to eat up its manpower even before deciding to either risk it against the imperial fleet or marching it over the north African desert.

Does this take into account the xenoi's distant overseas penalty for all its regions in Europe or the nations relative control of trade? Being able to feed the sea of Alexandria and Constantinople into venice has to be stronger then whatever mess the hordes are going to have to navigate for trade income.

I would be most interested to see how the ai is going to navigate its intercontinental empire efficiently. Shipping soldiers back and forth across the pond is going to eat up its manpower even before deciding to either risk it against the imperial fleet or marching it over the north African desert.
This is more or less based on basetax only.

We will surely find out about this sooner rather than later :)
well, at least there's an opening to do that now. Also, if the reformation happens in the imperium, that would be incredibly awesome SUPER DUPER ULTRA MEGA EXTRA HERETICAL WITH WHIPPED CREAM ON TOP... FROM HERETICAL COWS.
Heresy would surely be substituted with EXTRA HERESY, no doubt about this :p

Also I fixed HRE! Thanks sceluk, if only Imperium had some title for court coder you would be the one to receive it :)

So can we expect the Prologue tonight ? (won't matter if you take time to fix things ;) )
Not today and not tomorrow, I still have to balance stuff and sorth things out. The day after tomorrow, on the other hand...

So can we expect the Prologue tonight ? (won't matter if you take time to fix things ;) )
Not today and not tomorrow, I still have to balance stuff and sorth things out - I had to manually modify 291 provinces to make things right, you know, and that's not even 3/4 of all the changes. The day after tomorrow, on the other hand...

Let us see more of the beautiful world built by our kindly protectors, the Aztecs!

MDsm9oV.gif

EDIT: Now to get "Pax Angelica" modifier I have to own the following cities:

Code:
		owns = 236			# London
		owns = 183			# Île-de-France
		owns = 217			# Madrid
		owns = 118 			# Roma
		owns = 358			# Alexandria
		owns = 379			# Jerusalem
		owns = 334			# Tangiers
		owns = 1744			# Antwerpen 
		owns = 50			# Brandenburg
		owns = 1775			# Holstein

Last edited:
Why Brandenburg and Holstein? I mean storywise, not beacuse of the fact that you like to flagellate yourself. :D

Yeah, I think Bagdad and Kiev would be better choices.

Why Brandenburg and Holstein? I mean storywise, not beacuse of the fact that you like to flagellate yourself. :D
Yeah, I think Bagdad and Kiev would be better choices.

Pushing xenoi out of Europe:

VEFW9J6.jpg

Plus in Baghdad or Kiev there are no Christians or Latins anyways - only in the ashes of Western Europe there are still some remnants from before the Invasion.

VEFW9J6.jpg

Plus in Baghdad or Kiev there are no Christians or Latins anyways - only in the ashes of Western Europe there are still some remnants from before the Invasion.

And then somehow Poland gets Brandebourg :p

I think that I know some Senate family which will rejoice to hear about Holstein :D

VEFW9J6.jpg

Does my heart good to see Pisa thriving.

Does my heart good to see Pisa thriving.
**Frothing incoherent rage**
PISA SHALL BE DESTROYED!

And then somehow Poland gets Brandebourg :p
Alt-Prussia?
Actually is this Poland the Elective Monarchy, and is there any chance it could form the Commonwealth?

Actually is this Poland the Elective Monarchy
Yes.
and is there any chance it could form the Commonwealth?
Decision requires Poland to have PU over Lithuania and to fulfill some other requirements, which are IMHO impossibile to achieve in this setting. So no - but hey, we still have "Pro Fide"! ;)

[size=+1]EDIT:[/size]

Okay, so I wanted to make a dev diary today but I didn't have enough time, I was really busy fixing what AoW broke in exported save. So instead of making 10+ tiny posts each dealing with different thing I decided to put together several screenshots. You can expect normal Dev Diary later, because there are things which definitely have to be mentioned, plus I think you could use some explanation how the First Session is going to work, since it'll be one of the most important Senate Sessions during the whole AAR. Why? Well, whatever idea group you're going to choose, we'll be using it for almost 400 yearss, so it's one of these choices which influnce the whole campaign. Anyways, back to the topic:

JNywHhL.jpg

This is the new map of Europe in 1444 in "Imperium Sine Fine" - you may notice some changes, especially in Africa but not only there.

AQFB28S.jpg

For instance, I decided to just give Xenoi Xolal all the provinces previously hold by its tiny OPM vassals, because frankly it didn't serve any purpose - they were to be devoured anyways. But what's the most interesting is obviously the state of the Imperium or, to be more precise, how the new Local Autonomy (LA) mechanic affects it:

gUHppTY.jpg

In 1.8 steppe hordes have minimum 25% LA; considering how grossly inefficient and chaotic is the imperial administration (at least in 1444) after centuries of constant warfare and reforms, I decided to give Imperium 20% minimum LA. This is the green color.

QHQq70j.jpg

Orange is distant overseas modifier, which gives minimum 75% LA. As you can see, basically the whole Africa is completely cut off from the Imperium.

g1XR2RY.jpg

Luckily (as in vanilla exported save), I have cores all over Aegyptus and few other places. Sooner or later the war with Timurids is unavoidable but there's always a question of priorities. Imperium has very, very long limes which on the one hand allows for expansion on every front BUT it also means that the worst possible scenario - simultanous war against three giant AI blobs - is not that impossible. Whatever the Senate decides on the First Session, we need to tread carefully: all it takes is one false step, one bad decision and the consequences may be catastrophic.

Speaking of which, I decided to make the following states Lucky Nations:

1. Xenoi Xolal
2. The Timurids
3. The Horde

and few more. I'll tell you everything - or almost everything - in the Dev Diary proper :)

Last edited:
Yes.

Decision requires Poland to have PU over Lithuania and to fulfill some other requirements, which are IMHO impossibile to achieve in this setting. So no - but hey, we still have "Pro Fide"! ;)

[size=+1]EDIT:[/size]

Okay, so I wanted to make a dev diary today but I didn't have enough time, I was really busy fixing what AoW broke in exported save. So instead of making 10+ tiny posts each dealing with different thing I decided to put together several screenshots. You can expect normal Dev Diary later, because there are things which definitely have to be mentioned, plus I think you could use some explanation how the First Session is going to work, since it'll be one of the most important Senate Sessions during the whole AAR. Why? Well, whatever idea group you're going to choose, we'll be using it for almost 400 yearss, so it's one of these choices which influnce the whole campaign. Anyways, back to the topic:

JNywHhL.jpg

This is the new map of Europe in 1444 in "Imperium Sine Fine" - you may notice some changes, especially in Africa but not only there.

AQFB28S.jpg

For instance, I decided to just give Xenoi Xolal all the provinces previously hold by its tiny OPM vassals, because frankly it didn't serve any purpose - they were to be devoured anyways. But what's the most interesting is obviously the state of the Imperium or, to be more precise, how the new Local Autonomy (LA) mechanic affects it:

gUHppTY.jpg

In 1.8 steppe hordes have minimum 25% LA; considering how grossly inefficient and chaotic is the imperial administration (at least in 1444) after centuries of constant warfare and reforms, I decided to give Imperium 20% minimum LA. This is the green color.

QHQq70j.jpg

Orange is distant overseas modifier, which gives minimum 75% LA. As you can see, basically the whole Africa is completely cut off from the Imperium.

g1XR2RY.jpg

Luckily (as in vanilla exported save), I have cores all over Aegyptus and few other places. Sooner or later the war with Timurids is unavoidable but there's always a question of priorities. Imperium has very, very long limes which on the one hand allows for expansion on every front BUT it also means that the worst possible scenario - simultanous war against three giant AI blobs - is not that impossible. Whatever the Senate decides on the First Session, we need to tread carefully: all it takes is one false step, one bad decision and the consequences may be catastrophic.

Speaking of which, I decided to make the following states Lucky Nations:

1. Xenoi Xolal
2. The Timurids
3. The Horde

and few more. I'll tell you everything - or almost everything - in the Dev Diary proper :)

We'll await then :)
Are we going to be a Dominate Empire all the way till 1821 or will there be other governments types ?