• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chat seems to be focusing on EUIV and CK2 stuff right now so I'm not sure if he's going to continue the work for this mod. However I think all three most important scenarios Genpei War, Onin War and Rise of Nobunaga are all finished and you can play them with no problems.

I think he stated this is abandoned, pretty much.
From what is there I have to say Genpei war is my least favorite scenario, since the Taira and Ôshu Fujiwara are super-blobs in that one (and really, squishing Sengoku's "feudal" system into the late Heian period just rubs me the wrong way as a scholar of early medieval Japan...since literally everything was different back then compared to the 15-16th century). Whenever I tried it the Fujiwara ended up flooding the entire map since they really can't be pincered. :)

I think he stated this is abandoned, pretty much.
From what is there I have to say Genpei war is my least favorite scenario, since the Taira and Ôshu Fujiwara are super-blobs in that one (and really, squishing Sengoku's "feudal" system into the late Heian period just rubs me the wrong way as a scholar of early medieval Japan...since literally everything was different back then compared to the 15-16th century). Whenever I tried it the Fujiwara ended up flooding the entire map since they really can't be pincered. :)

Since this mod has started as Genpei Mod, all other features are merely bonus.;)
And Taira and Oshu Fujiwara were the super blobs. If Yoritomo didn't conquer them, they would have stayed as blobs until the Mongol came.
Also, 1467 isn't the start date of the Sengoku period at all. It wasn't the age when everyone can conquer others without casus belli like Sengoku represents.

Since this mod has started as Genpei Mod, all other features are merely bonus.;)
And Taira and Oshu Fujiwara were the super blobs. If Yoritomo didn't conquer them, they would have stayed as blobs until the Mongol came.
Also, 1467 isn't the start date of the Sengoku period at all. It wasn't the age when everyone can conquer others without casus belli like Sengoku represents.

Yeah, sure. But whenever is any Paradox game 100% historically accurate (or gives you the tools to make it so :)
Not a negative critique but plain and simple: gameplay-wise the Genpei-scenario is really darn brutal when trying it as a OPM on very hard, IMO. o_O

Anyway, of course Yoritomo did have a "casus belli" (no matter how valid or how constructed it was) against the Taira, so to speak :) And against the Fujiwara? He did attack them without receiving the imperial decree that properly commanded him to actually do it, but that arrived a bit later anyway so no one really cared :)
That would actually make a quite diplomatic game-system...having to curry the imperial court's favor for appointments as tsuibushi so you can rightfully attack someone else...and then hope you get something out of it for yourself as a reward...not sure how fun that would be though :D

Not a negative critique but plain and simple: gameplay-wise the Genpei-scenario is really darn brutal when trying it as a OPM on very hard, IMO. o_O

I know. In that era you had to choice Red or White. Only a extremely big guy (i.e. Fujiwara) could be neutral. The protagonists of the scenario are Taira, Minamoto and Fujiwara, just as USA, Germany and Soviets in HoI games.

My biggest motivation to make the Genpei scenario is for challenging. After making 1551 scenario with Sakura, I wanted to show a completely new political map about the Japanese history, and 1180 is the earliest one for the game engine. And I think my purpose is achieved, thanks to kawak's Sengokushi scenario.

Did you lose interest in the mod? Will there be further development?

currently no, I have another projects.

I'm really new to this place, so how do I download the mod?

There's a link to the file in the first line of the first post of the first page in this thread. Download the file, extract the files within, and then put them in the 'mod' folder that's inside the Sengoku game folder on your hard drive. Then open the game using the launcher and you can choose to use the mod by using the dropdown box in the center.

How does one get the alternative portraits?

What do you mean with "the same scope"?
Well, this is between 1180 and 1600 while the other one is for 1550 and later. I do however, understand that it would be tons of work to have more startdates in the CK2 version.

Well, this is between 1180 and 1600 while the other one is for 1550 and later. I do however, understand that it would be tons of work to have more startdates in the CK2 version.

It is far easier to build family trees with CK2. It seems that the development of Sengoku didn't consider start dates in different period.
Note that we have added 8 different names of settlements for each Kori.

It is far easier to build family trees with CK2. It seems that the development of Sengoku didn't consider start dates in different period.
So when the mod is out of alpha and beta phase, will you consider adding earlier and later startdates?

So, is it likely we'll see Genpei War scenario for NMIH as well? :)

So when the mod is out of alpha and beta phase, will you consider adding earlier and later startdates?

So, is it likely we'll see Genpei War scenario for NMIH as well? :)

Of course, but please help us before that... :D I will post here and there, which helps we need (well, almost everything), but we really need more manpower...

Great work with this mod! It looks really fun! I am having trouble playing it though. I put the MIH folder in the mod folder, and when I try to select the mod in the main menu, the only thing that shows up is the default. Please help! I want to play this so badly!

Great work with this mod! It looks really fun! I am having trouble playing it though. I put the MIH folder in the mod folder, and when I try to select the mod in the main menu, the only thing that shows up is the default. Please help! I want to play this so badly!

Have you added .mod file too?

Status
Not open for further replies.