• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gA3OnL1.jpg

My best Byzantium game to date, it's not ironman since all my games are with lucky nations off.

A little weak expansion into North western Italy since i went that extra mile in both North Africa and around the Black sea

Oh, and off course i didn't accept any non-believers

146iAxK.jpg

Attachments

• gA3OnL1.jpg
    gA3OnL1.jpg
    607,1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
How did you start Colombia? A later start date?
I suppose he colonised as Spain, and raised tariffs so high liberty desire went over 55%, and granted independence, and tag-switched to Colombia.
Or anyways, that's how I executed my recent Mexico game, because I don't own COP.

I present you someone, who isn't seen often here: Annam! For my last game pre AoW I wanted to do a shorter game so I choose one of the later startdates and one of the nations, that don't appear normally in a 1444 game. Also: It has this awesome shade of red.

vMIQGp3.jpg

The religious view. Annam starts with two of three provinces Hindu and OPM Hindu Champa in the south is easily added to this, which makes changing the religion to Hindu (via Rebels) and from there to Sikh (religion menu) easy. And if you don't have the DLC that gives the Hindus their patron gods, Sikhism is one of the most awesome religions in Asia. +5% Army Moral and -5% Mil-Tech-Cost, a decision that gives a +3% Missionary Strength for easy conversion, after you first convert also 10% Missionary Strength against heretics, so all your Hindu provinces change in months and additionally the Gurus give you a different Bonus every few years (some realy stron, like 10% Army Moral, or 2% Missionary Strength, or 5% Discipline AND +20% Religious Unity to name just some I can recall).

sijTSMi.jpg

This map mode is amazing! What is it called?

If you have conquest of paradise, you can release your colony and tick to play as it in ironman.. Thats how i started my UPCA ironman campaign :)
This. Though you need to raise tariffs to 55 anyway to be able to grant independence.

And I started as Portugal. Who promptly rivaled me after the switch. A brilliant idea, since it led to them losing all colonies in Americas and to disappearance of Portugal off the face of Europe (I gave it to France piece by piece in the peace deals. Same thing happened to Castille and Aragon). :rofl:

This map mode is amazing! What is it called?

The Mod is called "Better Color Mapmodes v1.0" by Empathie. Got it over the Steam Workshop but I think it is also availeble somewere here on the forums. It has a slight transparency, so in winter it is sometimes hard to see the borders in regions with much snow, but all in all I agree that it looks amazing.

And now for something a bit different... I present: the largest construction project known to man!

No, no, it's not that huge Lithuania snaking its way into Asia, it's Ragusa (I know it's hard to see where Lithuania ends and Ragusa starts, Moldavia is the last Ragusan province to the east ;) ).
- What construction project? I hear you say.
- The largest construction project know to man! Here's proof of it in progress:

And it lead to this:

And this:

Yes, I built every building in every province. Including manufactories.

Inspired by a fellow with a 6 province Palatinate in 1820, I stopped conquering after I had the whole Panonnia-Balkans area, then I just built everything I could build.

The results were decent, from a poor area with low manpower and low supply limits I got to this:

(province trade value: yellow/green are good - compare my region to France to see what I mean)

(same thing but for supply limit: yellow/green are good)

Of course I also "culture-converted" everything to Croatian (again, inspired by a comment in this thread about a similar Ragusan Empire):

Constatinople held out because after I beat them around, the Ottomans turned to Asia and grew even bigger than they were before :(
The Ragusans are fervently Reformed:

The whole game was akin to a feverish campaign of bird watching. Plenty of strange things happened:
- a 150 year war between France and England, France having 80% warscore for about 100 years; finally France managed to land some troops in England and after 20 more years at 99% warscore it decided somehow to peace out; the French AI was absolutely destroyed by this torment, keeping several 40-50 stacks lead by 2-star generals across the world, unable to defend itself against a looming threat:

- Japan did not form for a long time; more than that, Japan was beaten badly by an insider:

(I captured this photo around 1650)
- Russia decided that it wants to have a pearl:

(and Ming shockingly did not fail and even conquered much of SE Asia, including half of Sumatra)
- bugs galore
- blobs even more so, except for yours truly

And of course, the pinnacle of technology and knowledge was to be found in the Balkans:

I now bid you adieu until Art of War comes!

Last edited:
My Commonwealth game:

Yeah, 1819, but since I got a case of dead heir followed by dead ruler, I'm stuck in a regency that stopped me from slightly cleaning the Swedish border, and playing to 1821 wouldn't change anything. My apologies for the border gore. I trust Asia is pleasing to the eye?

Went with Quantity as my final idea (also Aristocratic, Offensive and Quality, amongst others) and decided to see the Force Limit and manpower pool. Agricultural Revolution also hit, which gave me this:

Europe is also in shot. Austria was my BFF since 1444, but they wanted India, which led to a broken alliance in the 1780s. Their problem, not mine, I ended up butting heads with them in one war for some Portugese colonies in Siberia, but I did not take any territory. I think my European border has been stagnant for at least 150 years, excepting the provinces in Sweden.