• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Asantahene

Field Marshal
25 Badges
Nov 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
tRbiN9.png

A land of soaring, vaunting vistas and wild beauty, from the cradle of the Vascons in the south to the banks of the mighty Loire on its northern marches, I dreamt a dream of Aquitaine. Spanning many hundreds of years and deeds-what deeds, of men and lords and ladies. Of battles sprung and campaigns fought I dreamt-of Kings and Emperors and chiefs, of Popes and Bishops and priests. I dreamt of savage infidels that swarmed over the mountains to the south and multitudes, more numerous than the stars, of horse warriors that threatened to the east. I dreamt of cities and towns and villages; of Saintes and Bordeaux, of Lusignan and Royan, of Niort and Nantes-of places sacked and others built up-too many to mention! And o’er all a dynasty to reach and grow and strain at power, at rule and overlordship-the De Poitous they. I dreamt a dream that they would tell us their story, lord by lord, lady by lady, throughout all the years-just as had been foretold and that finally they would, at last, stand on the pinnacle…or fall.

That was my dream and here is their story…

(Ed: I am playing as the Ancient Dukes of Aquitaine, a Duchy that had been created almost 300 years prior to the start of this game in 867. I am playing Old Gods with most DLC loaded i.e: SOA and ROI at normal setting, vanilla. I will not make any promises about not reloading as I generally ensure that the game fits the story that I am playing but I will be telling the story purely in the 1st person-I will try and imbue each of the rulers with the characteristics appropriate to their character traits. I am hoping it will provide another style by which I can keep you gripped.

My intention as House De Poitou: to reach as high as I can even if it means to the throne of West Francia and then France itself if needs be. Watch this space and enjoy…)

Chapter 1-Ramnulf II’s Story: A winter of change…
Chapter 2-Ramnulf II’s Story: A clash of dynasties…
Chapter 3-Ramnulf II’s Story: the lily and the black eagle
Chapter 4-Ramnulf II's Story: the lion awakens
Chapter 5-Ramnulf II's Story: conquest
Chapter 6-Gauzbert's Story: A vale of tears
Chapter 7-Gauzbert's Story: the snake within
Chapter 8-Gauzbert's Story: the right is mine and mine alone!
Chapter 9-Gauzbert's Story: another spin of the whirligig
Chapter 10: An Excerpt from Lords of Aquitaine: a history from 9th to 15th Century by Professor Benedict De Poitou-Hughes
Chapter 11 Gauzbert’s Story: the winter of my life
Chapter 12: Aldebert's Story: A time to build
Chapter 13: 'Lords of Aquitaine': Bretagne 919 to 929
Chapter 14: Aldebert's Story: Lord of the West March
Chapter 15: Europe 940
Chapter 16: The Life and Times of Duke Gauzbert II of Aquitaine Part 1, 940-950 AD
Chapter 17 The Life and Times of Duke Gauzbert II of Aquitaine Part 2, 940-950 AD
Chapter 18 The Life and Times of Duke Gauzbert II of Aquitaine Part 3, 950-953 AD The battle for Aquitaine
Chapter 19 The Life and Times of Duke Gauzbert II of Aquitaine Part 4, 953-957 AD A time for introspection
Chapter 20 The Life and Times of Duke Gauzbert II of Aquitaine Part 5, 957-970 AD The Autumn Duke
[URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-dream-of-aquitaine-an-old-gods-aar.805854/page-12#post-21535427"]Chapter 21: Epilogue[/URL]​

Last edited:
I will definitely be following. By the way, where's that awesome conclusion you promised us in the other AAR? :p

I will definitely be following. By the way, where's that awesome conclusion you promised us in the other AAR? :p

Haha=don't worry-it's coming-am aiming to do it tomorrow as I have the day off my friend ;)

And welcome aboard!

I will be keeping an eye on this. It will nice to see Aquitaine actually achieve something apart from inheriting west francia and then losing it over and over again. :) Good luck

I will be keeping an eye on this. It will nice to see Aquitaine actually achieve something apart from inheriting west francia and then losing it over and over again. :) Good luck

We shall see how I get on. Welcome aboard Saxon

Subbed ^^. I love a good old traditional AAR. Include some pics!

Subbed ^^. I love a good old traditional AAR. Include some pics!

I always include lots of great pictures in my AARs Jokolytic so hope you appreciate them-welcome aboard! :blush:

Ahhhh I missed this when you first posted it.

Glad I found it before we got too far into the story, happily subbed!

welcome aboard Khryses! Have now finished O'Flower so will get cracking with this next weekend :ninja:

An Asantahene, this is worth a good long read!

Hey Orjasmo-welcome aboard! Good to see you-have missed your AARs by the way hint hint lol

Hey Orjasmo-welcome aboard! Good to see you-have missed your AARs by the way hint hint lol

I'm still working on IASB, but it's a lot of work so it takes time to plug out updates. I also started another one about the Hohenzollerns as just a side project.

I'm still working on IASB, but it's a lot of work so it takes time to plug out updates. I also started another one about the Hohenzollerns as just a side project.

I know what you mean about a lot of work. Worth it though

An AAR entirely in the first person? I'd be in even if I hadn't read your Scotland AAR.

Yea have done it before in other forums for other games-I like how personal it makes it so am looking forward to writing this one-looking forward to having you on board Warlord :closedeyes:

Subbed! I'm glad I got in before the first update! Give me to catch up on Scotland. ;)