National Ideagroups - 19th of October B - Bosnia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Traditions: Religious Unity, Fort Defense

Ambitions: Tolerance of Heretics

Ideas:

-Bogomilisim, Tolerance of Heretics

-Treaty of Kulin Ban, Trade

-House of Kotromanic, Diplomat

-King Tvrtko's gold coin, Tax

-Ottoman Threat, Infantry

-Dinaric Heartland, Attrition

This is what I was working on, but couldnt decide on the last one. Pretty close right?

Last edited:
You should watch the last stream, specifically at the very end :) Hint: its about Serbian NIs.

I watched parts of the stream. Could you enlighten me, and do some spoiler what is changed in Serbian NI? :)

Serbia has a national idea that 30 years after a battle that you lost; you rewrite history so that you won for massive prestige gain.

Serbia has a national idea that 30 years after a battle that you lost; you rewrite history so that you won for massive prestige gain.

10outof10.jpg

Bosnia should have a decision to form Serbia but with a ludicrous prestige gain(since the bosnian dynasties were related to the Nemanjics)

I don't see neither pre-Ottoman nor post-Ottoman Bosnia wanting to form it... they already saw themselves as their own culture, independent from Croats and Serbs, at this point.
Instead, Croats, Bosnians and Serbs should have their own formable nation.

I don't see neither pre-Ottoman nor post-Ottoman Bosnia wanting to form it... they already saw themselves as their own culture, independent from Croats and Serbs, at this point.
Instead, Croats, Bosnians and Serbs should have their own formable nation.

Actually youre dead wrong. Now i wont go into culture, but you are wrong on pre-Ottoman Bosnia not wanting to form it. In fact the son of this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Thomas_of_Bosnia married Serbian despot's daughter. And in fact later inherited Serbia AND later inherited Bosnia on top of that after his father died. For a period of time Bosnia and Serbia were united in a PU. Had the Ottomans not conquered everyone (Serbia in particular), Kotromanic dynasty would have reclaimed every single bit of Serbian empire using that claim. That was the highest point of Bosnian medieval history. Firs the first time Bosnia emerged as the dominant power of the Balkans (excluding the super power of the day, Hungary).

Also speaking of pre Ottoman Bosnia, here is the official title of Tvrtko I (whose grandmother was part of Serbian Nemajic dynasty): "Thus, in 1377 Tvrtko was crowned "By the grace of Lord God, King of Serbia, of Bosnia, Pomorje, and the Western lands"." Do you see the order of his titles? Do you think thats accident? Its not. Its a political statement claiming Serbia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tvrtko_I_of_Bosnia

What about an idea referencing the Bosnian Church that boosts certain religious tech?