National Ideagroups - 18th of October B - Pskov

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
Pskov

Traditions
+15 Merchant Steering to Inland
+1 Merchant

1. Veche of Pskov: +1 Advisor Pool
  2. Legacy of Daumantas: +10% Army Morale Recovery
  3. Balt Mercenaries: -20% Mercenary Maintainance
  4. Pskov Charter: -2 Unrest
  5. Knights Guard: +50% Mercenaries
  6. Arts & Crafts of Pskov: +10% Trade Power
  7. Pskov before all others: +20% Trade Steering

Ambitions
+20% Goods Produced

Interesting ideas, fairly solid across the board. Would still be hard to pick them over Novogrod though since they lack the republican tradition increase.
Is Pskov still an Oligarchic Republic in AoW or has it been bumped up to a full blown Merchant Republic?

Looks like one of the best possible idea set up for a merchant republic i have seen so far.

Playstyl will be like this,

day 1.) wait for muscovy take novgorod mission, or see if lithuia + novogord are rivals to muscovy
day 2.) declare independence war, eat loans
day 2 + 1 month) declare war to livion order -> vassal them
day x) become independent, eat nov, eat muscoy
when you can switch to merchant republic, release vassals...until than, blob, blob, blob...become merchaant republic

Wow the russian minors are getting strong Ideas. Sort of mad that they get better ideas then Georgia but ohwell.
Would be cool if they made Perm be a super colonial power. Still I don't get why these minors are getting such strong ideas

Last edited:
I'm always wondering.
Why some nations have 0.2 goods produced and others only 0.1?
Why some have 10% morale and other 15%?
Shouldn't all of them have same number of bonus, what just would increace a little if specific country is sucessfull during all of their history?
Reasoning like "they have better bonus because they were power IRL" is pointless, cause what's the point in 2 prov Brande having better bonuses tam 100 prov Saxony?
If specific country in eu4 wasn't that good as in IRL, it shouldn't have so strong bonuses.

I'm always wondering.
Why some nations have 0.2 goods produced and others only 0.1?
Why some have 10% morale and other 15%?
Shouldn't all of them have same number of bonus, what just would increace a little if specific country is sucessfull during all of their history?
Reasoning like "they have better bonus because they were power IRL" is pointless, cause what's the point in 2 prov Brande having better bonuses tam 100 prov Saxony?
If specific country in eu4 wasn't that good as in IRL, it shouldn't have so strong bonuses.

I dont have a problem with countries having inherent difference in NI quality. Starting the game with a already big and strong country will give usually give you meh ideas, just as starting with some countries that are smaller, but face greater challenge will usually get you a better NI set as a reward for succeeding. Thats sort of the whole fun, as you cant get everything.

That seems like some solid trade ideas. It is not exactly going to help much in the conquering game, since the big powers around them are scary, but if you can survive the economy and merc bonuses can make for a very strong trading nation.

At last! My most favouritest nation in all of the EU-CK universe gets awesome ideas. What a glorious moment! Must not cry... must... not... ;_;

PSKOV STROOOOOONK!!! :D

Pskov world domination begins 31st of October.

At last! My most favouritest nation in all of the EU-CK universe gets awesome ideas. What a glorious moment! Must not cry... must... not... ;_;

PSKOV STROOOOOONK!!! :D

Pskov world domination begins 31st of October.
- for additional hilarity Pskovian NI's look stronger and more appropriate for trade nation than Novgorodian ones.

Does the AI even use mercenaries? I generally assume not, since, you know, they're the AI. They don't use a lot of stuff. I'm wondering if these neat NI's for mercenaries are relevant except for people who play the relatively weak nations that get them? Which is not to say they're pointless to implement, but it'd be nice to know next time I look for a vassal whether or not it's going to live up to its potential.

So, to what extent does the AI use mercs?