• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have only recently bought EU4, having learned I could continue a save from CK2. In fact, I haven't even played it yet, as I'm waiting for the new DLC. When I learned there was an achievement for a WC as Ryukyu, I looked into the nation in the game, and thought it impossible. Sometime later I learn of this AAR. As far as I'm concerned, you have truly done what I thought impossible, and inspired me to foolishly attempt it myself. I will fail for certain, but I will never claim it to be impossible again. Thank you, DDRJake.
Be aware that many of the strategies he used in this run have subsequently been closed; but considering he did it again not long ago it should still be possible.

I think 1.7 might be the last chance for WC especially for ryukyu

since the provinces number in 1.8 will be increase ridiculously

Reactions:
I think 1.7 might be the last chance for WC especially for ryukyu

since the provinces number in 1.8 will be increase ridiculously
Full annex full colonize WC probably. But to get the achievement you are allowed to have subjects---protactorates might even count but I am not sure about that. Isn't there also something about not needing to colonize everything?
Especially if you still get somebodys CNs by annexing him I don't see how this will be impossible although probably harder.

Full annex full colonize WC probably. But to get the achievement you are allowed to have subjects---protactorates might even count but I am not sure about that. Isn't there also something about not needing to colonize everything?
Especially if you still get somebodys CNs by annexing him I don't see how this will be impossible although probably harder.

Protectorates do indeed count. Should still be possible (even easier than in some old versions, though not easier than just before 1.8).

Anybody know whether Ottomans can protectorate chinese/indians? I assume not; (if they could, they'd probably be the best nation at WC; if they can't it's probably England with a PU over France).

Reactions:
Protectorates do indeed count. Should still be possible (even easier than in some old versions, though not easier than just before 1.8).

Anybody know whether Ottomans can protectorate chinese/indians? I assume not; (if they could, they'd probably be the best nation at WC; if they can't it's probably England with a PU over France).
I doubt TUR can protectorate Indian and Chinese TAGs, since the last time I played a MUS->RUS game (a couple patched ago though) I could vassalize Indian and Chinese TAGS and Eastern Tech is above Ottoman Tech.

This thread continues to be the single most popular thing I've ever done, so thanks everyone who still reads this.

May as well plug the condensed video version of Ryukyu WC here as well:

Will you be writing proper AARs in the future for the washed non-casual AARlanders? ;)

Only time will tell on this one. I would like to, as I enjoy doing AARs, but it's a time investment.

Reactions:
This thread continues to be the single most popular thing I've ever done, so thanks everyone who still reads this.

May as well plug the condensed video version of Ryukyu WC here as well:

Only time will tell on this one. I would like to, as I enjoy doing AARs, but it's a time investment.
Thanks for posting that video; it really was an interesting watch. Though I don't think I have the patience to try and emulate it. I did loads of WC in EU3 and a few in EU4 and now I find that every time I end up being so strong that WC is inevitable I get bored and quit.
Your WC's are really impressive. (As I also said 2 years ago when you completed the original EU4 run. I also followed your EU3 run. By the way you should try doing something like the old Chinese Cheese AAR---i.e.:

"Game goals, in increasing difficulty:
* Westernize - achieved
* Secure all of Asia - achieved
* Spread Chihan culture around through the use of animist and shamanist rebels - achieved
* World Conquest - achieved
* World Conversion - achieved
* World Culture Conversion - achieved"

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/chinese-cheese-a-ming-aar.435549/

Of course many things have changed since then, but doing a WC, world conversion to animist, and world culture conversion to your culture would still be impressive.)

A world culture conversion is impossible in vanilla.

There, I've said it. I'd be glad if there was a way, though. I do have some hope that the entire culture feature (acceptance, conversions etc.) might get additional love in a future enhancement...

A world culture conversion is impossible in vanilla.

There, I've said it. I'd be glad if there was a way, though. I do have some hope that the entire culture feature (acceptance, conversions etc.) might get additional love in a future enhancement...
Well if somebody can it is Jake.
Also by having your vassals change to your culture---don't know if that is possible anymore---you could get a long way. There has to be some cheese left.

If you can conquer the world by 1689 (as someone's done playing Ottomans) then you might be able to convert it in the remaining 150 years.

If you can conquer the world by 1689 (as someone's done playing Ottomans) then you might be able to convert it in the remaining 150 years.
Was that 1689 play as one tag though? Otherwise it will be rather hard---and colonial nations will give you trouble too.

This was bookmarked since 2013, and I couldn't stop being amazed on how insane it was. The most insane - is that per Steam there are 0.4% of people with this achievement.

I was very motivated by the best EU quote ever: "I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MANY MERCS I CAN AFFORD, AND HOW LITTLE I CARE ABOUT THEIR LIVES"

I found the hard way of all those damn mechanic changes since I played 5 years ago. What I peace of crap was do get to that damn peninsula and find that I cannot make a core and thus cannot stop Portugal..
Well, all that is a different game and ARR but I currently own 612 provinces, heavily damaged Portugal, England and (Yay!) HRE. No blue blob yet. I have issues without that and actually thats my question (if DDRJake ever gets notifications and will ever read) - being across the Eurasia - your rule seems stops working for me. I have beaten the most heaviest nations (forget about France and English fleet) and currently I spend all the money on mercs to fight separatists back, their packs are tougher and tougher. My manpower is drained all the time, and at the point of the game (I owe half of all world provinces for a second!) I am very-very-very afraid that Separatists will either slow be down too much to finish the other half of the world, of even break me into pieces. Man, open the ducats secret or how to disable those idiot rebels. On one of your very last screenshots there were hundreds of thousands of rebels - how to survive and not to collapse earlier? Should I give some to succeed and then take back?

Disclaimer: same monarchy, christian, Chinese tech group

@DDRJake thanks for your initial AAR and later help.

1E5480E44B3A61453D7992052C807C2AFAE8F804

If I were to give _myself_ an advice - don't do that. This game experience is overloading. Cheers.

• 1Like
Reactions: