National Ideagroups - 13th of October - C

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Wallachia

Traditions
+100% Hostile Core Creation
+5% Discipline

1. Cunning Diplomacy: +1 Diplomatic Reputation
  2. Foreign Trade Restriction: +20% Provincial Trade Power Modifier
  3. Mercenary Guard: -25% Mercenary Maintainance
  4. Foreign Advisors: -10% Advisor Cost
  5. Legacy of the Impaler: +1 Shock for Generals
  6. Boyar Regime: +1 Legitimacy
  7. Abolition of Serfdom: +20% Manpower

Ambitions
+20% Manpower Recovery

Worried about that core cost thing.

Don't want the AI having a Wallachian enclave inside their nation just because they don't want to deal with the +100% core cost.

Could you make Hostile Core Creation also increase Diplo Annexation Cost? Otherwise it is a quite pointless bonus for a small nation which will just get vassalised and annexed.

That'd be a horrible change.

+1 diplo rep is the new standard in AoW, equivalent to +3 before but with more uses as it now affects diploannex speed once more.

About Hostile Creation Cost: remember, AI is much less likely to attack countries with bonus like that because it doesn't like spending a lot of ADM to annex them - in case of Wallachia this may be extremely important <cough> Ottoman Empire </cough>

Wallachia

Come on Paradox, my heart is crying of happiness - not only you post 3 countries instead of 1 but Afghanistan, Majapahit and Wallachia were my three favourite 'give them NIs' countries ;___; thanks, I am buing AOW instantly

<looks at Wallachian ideas>

<Jesus Christ, they are awesome!>

In Afghan thread (natinal ideagroups B) when I asked about the same thing? Why so skeptical? ^^

EDIT

ninja'd

Anyway, Wallachia looks now like the most interesting Balkan country, doesn't it?

<no, ottomans are not 'balkan country'>

About Hostile Creation Cost: remember, AI is much less likely to attack countries with bonus like that because it doesn't like spending a lot of ADM to annex them - in case of Wallachia this may be extremely important <cough> Ottoman Empire </cough>

Come on Paradox, my heart is crying of happiness - not only you post 3 countries instead of 1 but Afghanistan, Majapahit and Wallachia were my three favourite 'give them NIs' countries ;___; thanks, I am buing AOW instantly

<looks at Wallachian ideas>

<Jesus Christ, they are awesome!>

It won't matter cause Ottos got Vassalize Wallachia mission not Annex so outcome is the same they'll get vassalized then diploannex.

But seriously great ideas, now i have one more reason to play them

Wallachia

Traditions
+100% Hostile Core Creation
+5% Discipline

1. Cunning Diplomacy: +1 Diplomatic Reputation
  2. Foreign Trade Restriction: +20% Provincial Trade Power Modifier
  3. Mercenary Guard: -25% Mercenary Maintainance
  4. Foreign Advisors: -10% Advisor Cost
  5. Legacy of the Impaler: +1 Shock for Generals
  6. Boyar Regime: +1 Legitimacy
  7. Abolition of Serfdom: +20% Manpower

Ambitions
+20% Manpower Recovery
If you excuse me:
f17ff7c5ef2b35e22d4df1d255bdf97bacd5fce6feffa4a0aeafe1cff9e2e39f.jpg

Man, you really went overboard with these ideas. Look at what my puny proposal said:
National traditions:
+15% production efficiency (Moldova/Wallachia were historically grain exporters)
+2 tolerance of the true faith (Moldova/Wallachia resisted foreign attempts at conversion from Orthodoxism)

National ideas
Flexible recruiting
+20% manpower recovery speed for defensive wars (during several wars the initial battle was lost but the voievodes gathered new armies and won the war)
Skilled commanders
+1 leader maneuver (most historical Romanian battles were won in marshes/swamps/woods/narrow valleys -> forcing the enemy in a bad position)
Scorch the land, poison the wells
+1 attrition for enemies (the preparation for those battles I mentioned)
Latin island (this is bound to piss off somebody :D)
+50% coring cost for enemies (there is a reason Moldavia/Wallachia both did not get annexed/culturally converted in real life - in every game they are converted unless the player releases them, or rarely, if an enemy of the occupant does)
Pesant Soldiers
-20% infantry cost (Peasant Soldiers, already in game)
Phanariote Traders
+10% trade steering (the Greek regime of Phanariote traders from Istanbul)
Phanariote Taxes
+10% National tax modifier (same, Phanariote inspired)

National bonus:
+30% Better relations over time (primarily starting in 18th century the Romanian principalities were liked by many neighboring populations, especially those in the Ottoman Empire; since they were autonomous they could harbor freedom fighters - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filiki_Eteria; same for Bulgaria, Serbia, etc, later on)

I have got to warn the players out there - with the recent border change between the Ottomans and Hungary, Wallachia will be Hard. With a capital H.

It won't matter cause Ottos got Vassalize Wallachia mission not Annex so outcome is the same they'll get vassalized then diploannex.

But seriously great ideas, now i have one more reason to play them

You're banking that on the fact that it's the Ottomans who border them.

Not always the case.

You're banking that on the fact that it's the Ottomans who border them.

Not always the case.

Maybe but overall nations are more prone to vassalize than outright conquest like hordes vassalizing Ryazan or Georgia,Aq Qoyunlu Trebizond, even Morocco has hard living despite his increased cost, except for player (if you're low on manpower and in hostile territory it might be life savior) it's quite useless

Impaler Legacy FTW! ^^
Nice set of NI's (goes for all 3 A,B,C threads), the only complaint I have is that a lot of these seem copypasted ... +1 diplo rep and +xx% hostile core creation being in all of them. I for one would like to see more diversity.

Could you make Hostile Core Creation also increase Diplo Annexation Cost? Otherwise it is a quite pointless bonus for a small nation which will just get vassalised and annexed.

Yes, it affects the annex cost.