• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ashar

Private
42 Badges
Oct 5, 2008
  • Ancient Space
  • Impire
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • King Arthur II
  • A Game of Dwarves
Is there any manual somewhere to download, or one being prepared, there are several things i'd like to beable to find otu about easily, without havign to ask here. What are module schematics used for? Why when i built 2 patriots could i only upgrade 1 of them to mk 2? Why is this information hidden from players, and not readily available?

I have not found an "official" game manual yet either.

EDIT: This Post says there is no game guide.

From what I've seen module schematics (oxygen tank, laser lens etc.) provide a single benefit for that level only and don't carry over to the next, making them beneficial for the level you're on if you acquire them in a timely fashion and not at the very end just before you finish it.

Not sure why they don't have a game manual for the game, but until they do these forums seems like the best place to find answers.

Edit:

Regarding patriots, you can only have one mk2 patriot at a time which is why you couldn't upgrade the second one. (It says so in the tool tips/tutorial paragraphs that pop up during the game)

Last edited:
Slight clarification:

Some of the anomalies that you scan DO carry over into future missions. There are officer upgrades and modules that can be used to tailor your fleet.

We didn't think that a "written manual" would be necessary since we have both a tutorial AND the popups in-game that you can access at any time (via the button with the question mark).

We didn't think that a "written manual" would be necessary since we have both a tutorial AND the popups in-game that you can access at any time (via the button with the question mark).

Part of the appeal of a written manual (for some us anyway) is the ability to skim through it on coffee break at work/subway heading to work, or while sitting in the waiting room office for an appointment. For others of us it's handy having the manual available to browse after not playing for a weekend or so to re-familiarize ourselves with specific points of the game without having to dig back through the in game tutorial and popups.

I'm only on mission 3 but already there's 47+ different pop ups available via the ? box, and having to tab through each and every one of them to find a specific reference I'm hunting for, is time consuming and a pain to put it politely compared to a bookmarked .pdf manual (or just using the search function for a .pdf.)

Just saying a brief 20ish page pdf just containing the controls and brief run down on officers/ carrier setup ship types etc. would be a welcome addition to the game. ;)

I'm disappointed that Paradox would publish a strategy game without a manual.

A PDF "how too" would have helped me at first, but I can understand no paper manual.

I have absolutely NO IDEA* what I'm doing with this game... some sort of quick reference guide would be greatly appreciated.

*I mean NO IDEA at all. How do I select units? Give commands? Move aroundon the map, or even change viewpoint OF the map? SOME initial instruction would be good - and please, DON'T send me to a video tutorial, I find them no use whatsoever.

I have absolutely NO IDEA* what I'm doing with this game... some sort of quick reference guide would be greatly appreciated.

*I mean NO IDEA at all. How do I select units? Give commands? Move aroundon the map, or even change viewpoint OF the map? SOME initial instruction would be good - and please, DON'T send me to a video tutorial, I find them no use whatsoever.
This all covered in the tutorial scenario ... ?

That may explain much, but I thought the 'skirmish scenarios' *were* the tutorial scenarios... OK I'll have a look tonight after work.

But some sort of written material giving the basics would have been/will be greatly preferred.

Found tutorial and played 1st 4 parts(? - I don't know if there are more?)
Seems a reasonable, soft-paced introduction. :)

I would still have liked a proper, written manual, for much the same reason as you have provided both a tutorial and in-game 'pop-ups' plus links to the video 'lets-plays' that people have done; not everyone learns in the same way or at the same pace. Hopefully this thread may provided some sort of substitute for this.

I can't be the only one having trouble with the camera, am I? Maybe it's just me being clumsy with the WASD-QE (or left-right-up-down arrows and PgUp+PgDn)...

Last edited:
I can't be the only one having trouble with the camera, am I? Maybe it's just me being clumsy with the WASD-QE (or left-right-up-down arrows and PgUp+PgDn)...

The head ache I keep having with the camera is the zoom in/out with the mouse wheel. I keep reaching maximum zoom in or out and have to then manually adjust with the wasd keys to get proper camera distance.

What the game really needs is a "infinte zoom" type of interface, so that if the cameras distance to the target unit/structure is less than x you can always zoom in up to x distance, and if it's less than y you can always zoom out to y distance.

Currently you can only "zoom" it a fixed distance in or out from an invisible center point, which is really not optimal.