• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you added any extra nicknames? I like 'Whiteblade', an epithet that Oswald Iding picked up whilst in exile on Iona.

Yes, the VIET nicknames are integrated. Not sure on specifically "Whiteblade" but if you have any suggestions list them here with potential conditions and I can always add them in, nicknames are one of the easiest things to do in CK2. ;)

Yes, the VIET nicknames are integrated. Not sure on specifically "Whiteblade" but if you have any suggestions list them here with potential conditions and I can always add them in, nicknames are one of the easiest things to do in CK2. ;)

Whiteblade would just be high marshal I suppose. Is it possible for religion to be a condition? Oswald was an Anglo-Saxon but Whiteblade or Lamnguin to be more precise. However if you made it an Insular nickname that would be fine.

Whiteblade would just be high marshal I suppose. Is it possible for religion to be a condition? Oswald was an Anglo-Saxon but Whiteblade or Lamnguin to be more precise. However if you made it an Insular nickname that would be fine.

If I remember correctly it is together with cultures, but it is relatively bugged. I will see what I can do.

So summer is over right? I started to worry because i think i read that it was waiting for Charlemagne to be released but i dont want to believe that. So i decided to ask and check if my worry is confirmed. Is this mod being released after the Charlemagne dlc?

So summer is over right? I started to worry because i think i read that it was waiting for Charlemagne to be released but i dont want to believe that. So i decided to ask and check if my worry is confirmed. Is this mod being released after the Charlemagne dlc?

That is the current plan, yes. It seems to mostly depend on how Enlil is feeling though. He was planning on releasing after his current stretch of dev diaries was finished, but the Charlemagne tribal features were too promising.

With them attempting to fix multiplayer so its stable i would say 3 months if they want it to be perfact seeing as they're working on other games as well.

They don't have the same dev team as those other games working on CK2. Each game for a game company usually has it's own team of people to work on it. It's why you never see Johan for example in these forums but he's always in the EU4 ones.

After seeing the latest information in the Dev Diary, please tell me there will be Frisian, and split German cultures

There is Frisian, Thuringian, Saxon, Angle, Jutish, Chatti, Quadi, Buri, Alamannian, Rygir, Herulian, Burgundian and more!

Nope, just the exact opposite.

Instability in the HRE had nothing to do with cultures. Simply power grab.

edit: okay, maybe i didn't understand what this argument was about. :laugh:

You're thinking real life. In game the HRE is a huge blob of German culture to prevent vassals from killing each other because they're not German.

Err..yup.
I just don't see how they killed each other for being of a different culture. At least i never read about anything suggesting cultural problems so to speak,
other than troubles between saxons and the other germans at the early times when the saxons were the 'new guys around the block' and that's why i'm content how vanilla deals with it.
Animosities ? Sure, but any further action was solely based on greed/power in my opinion.....and the HRE was pretty stable regarding consistency of its borders.
In other words, not weak enough to get others succesfully conquer parts of it or meddle with it.
Well, my opinion, so just my 2cents.

edit: somehow that's basically a vanilla discussion though. I probably should have ignored that argument. Sorry.:eek:o

Dev Diary 4: Spain is going down the Drain:

Ahhhh, Hispania.
O5bCDtC.png

Spain is a challenging region at this time, with no Easy mode. Though it is not like the Sunni/Catholic violence Vanilla Spain is, there are a different set of hardships to face.
6YDyjr4.png

By far, the largest nation here is the Visigothic Kingdom, though it is far from an easy start. Immediately, you must contend with your multitude of Romano-Hispanic vassals, who exist in a precarious balance with the Visigothic power. They themselves offer some interesting starts too.

j4ADgVU.png

Another interesting nation are the Suebians, who are also home to a variety of other cultures. The Suebian elite are Arian, while everyone else is Pagan, and their most powerful vassal is the downtrodden tribe of the Macromanni. Other cultures that exist are the Quadi and Buri (I know I misspelled it ingame.)

JfN3zUM.png

3rvfUTY.png

IeRqp6K.png

Cantabria is a Celtic nation, last of the Celtiberians, and they are the last chance to restore Celtic rule in Spain.
f7mry0t.png

You guys know the Vasconians, as they were dicussed in the previous dev diary.

The Cultures and Religions:

Culture:

Visigothic:
The Visigoths are the Western Goths, led by the mighty king Alaric himself. They would found a mighty nation, and allowed the practice of many religions in their nation. They had little impact on the people they ruled, and a Visigoth even founded the Kingdom of Asturias in the Old Gods start.

Alan:
The Alans are a widespread people, with a Kingdom of Alania even existing in Spain earlier. Now, they exist as a few counts, offering an exiting playthough. As at this time, the Alans are no longer in the Byzantine culture group, and are now in the East Iranian group. Truly far west for such an Eastern people.

Buri:
I see the misspelling on the Map, it is already fixed. The Buri were a tribe that migrated from the Baltic region, displacing the Celtic Boii tribe in the first century BC. Eventually, they migrated with the Suebians, and settled in the Southern regions of their lands.

Quadi:
Another small tribe similar to the Macromanni in custom.

Suebian:
Identifieble by a special hairstyle, the Suebian people led to the foundation of great nations. One group formed a tribal confederation creating Alamannia, they remained remained and formed what would be called Swabia under the Franks.

Cantabrian:
This Celtiberrian culture is the last of what was once a broader Celtic culture. This culture would remain influential, and many of the myths and legends of this region today have many aspects with Celtic myths from Ireland and Brittany.

Basque:
A language isolate, the Basques practice their own form of paganism, (which isn't on the map as I am still putting some finishing touches on it), their elite is Hellenic, and they will retain relatively the same amount of lands for their entire history.

Romano-Hispanic:
The Latin Vulgarization that arose in Spain. This would provide the basis for the rise of all the Spanish languages today.

Vandalic.
Guys, come on, we know this!

Religions: (Not Nicene, Germanic, Hellenic Or Arian)

Celtic:
Come still existed, doubt much will come from it

Priscillianism:
Nicene heresy which tought that there was a Kingdom of Light and Darkness, with 12 rulers in each. The Dark Kingdom was ruled by the Zodiac houses, which represented evil and matter, while the Kingdom of Light sent its armies to defeat darkness, they failed, and the souls were trapped in Human bodies. It was also believed that lying was permitable for the sake of convenience and holy ends.

NOTE

Sorry for the delay, my laptop broke, and I got a new one, so these are back on schedule.

Nope, just the exact opposite.
Please elaborate. As far as I know, instability in the HRE has nothing to do with different culture,at least between the German princes. The same cannot be said about Italy.Instability can pretty much be boiled down to a few things:

--The pope,undermined the alliance between the Emperor and the Holy Roman Emperor by insisting upon that he allow has the authority to appoint ecclesiastical princes.Launched the investiture controversy which caused a nearly fifty year civil war that decentralized the HRE.Supported Italian city-states against the emperor whenever the emperor tried to impose his authority upon them.

--Elective succession.A rival group of princes will gather and 'elect' another emperor if they no longer like the current emperor,especially if they were given blessing by the pope. Elective succession also prevented a powerful monarchy because emperors have to promise privileges and 'liberty' for various princes in order to get himself or his sons elected.

Last edited:
Glorious! It's amazing to see just how far this mod in terms of historical accuracy, especially from the earliest version of the mod and I know that I for one will make the corpse of Marcus Aurelius role in its grave after I conquer Hispania with the Marcomanni. Can we have the Balkans next? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.