• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh yes...

Imperial_Palace_Terra2.jpg

;)

"Imperial_Palace_Terra2.jpg"

I swear, the moment the Tau turn up, I'm defecting. Or are the Aztecs an early version of the Tau???

1124809-tau_views.jpg

Oh mighty Emperor,

The Empire lays out very clear guidelines on the dealings with non-Christians, but I wonder if that leaves us a problem. You see it's the Jews. While they might be foolish, and borderline heretical for following the outdated words of our lord, their service is invaluable to the Imperium. So what do we do my liege?
אתם אולי חושבים שאנחנו חלשים, אבל אנחנו נילחם! נילחם למען החופש שלנו, למען הבית שלנו, למען האמונה שלנו!
(You may think us weak, but we will fight! Fight for our freedom, for our home, for our faith!)

After a while of absence, due to a lot of work, I can't refrain my pleasure to come back to this AAR. I pray now daily to Saint Markos and the army of Saints Martyrs that surround him like a heavenly swarm of angels. I especially pray to Saint Zenebios, eaten alive by xenoi's slaves when he refused to deny Iesus Kristos (on this icon you can see Pisans mercenaries, corrupted by Aztec gold, practicing dark arts of Xenoi an holy Zenebios, cutting him and eating him alive) :

J8TE3V7.jpg

For there are many martyrs born on the ashes of defeat brought forth by the treason of Leontios and Ioannes (curses on their name).

May Saint Markos protect the empire and everything that is pure and good on this scorched earth.

Death to the swarm ! Death to Xenoi !

Last edited:
Hi there,

Sorry for not answering but I was pretty busy IRL this week. As soon as the next chapter is ready, I'll respond to your comments - and if everything goes nicely, expect TWO updates this weekend.

0CaZp4x.jpg

The Angeloi protect!

I wonder if this will continue into Victoria II. It would be interesting to see the exploits of the Angeloi and "friends" into the XXth Century.

I wonder if this will continue into Victoria II. It would be interesting to see the exploits of the Angeloi and "friends" into the XXth Century.
What makes you think that they will remain in the throne for so long. Dynasties rise and fall all the time...

What makes you think that they will remain in the throne for so long. Dynasties rise and fall all the time...

Bah! The Angeloi are the eternal rulers of the throne of the Roman Empire!

The Yamato dynasty says hi.
For really long lived, the Bagrationi dynasty of Georgia deserves mention, as does the Hồng Bàng dynasty of Vietnam (~2500 years). I could include a few more, but only counted the millenarian ones (or really close to that).

What do I want to prove? Not all the dynasties fall 'all the time'. In fact, they can reach hundreds or thousands of years with some effort and luck.
How much longer can the Angeloi last if God is on their side (and the human player, don't forget the true mastermind)? I would be disappointed if they last less than a millennium; as the "chosen by God" under "divine protection" it's the least that you should expect. After all, the change of dynasty would make the increasingly fanatical "policies" of the Angeloi unjustified that go against what the new testament actually says anyway and as a fraud if someone else actually manages to expel the Xenoi from Europe (task that they have failed to accomplish so far).

On a more mechanical note: While I don't have EUIV and don't intend to get it any time soon, AFAIK the cultural conversion in colonial territories is incredibly easy. Won't the AI simply convert most of Europe in Aztecs after a few years?.

For really long lived, the Bagrationi dynasty of Georgia deserves mention, as does the Hồng Bàng dynasty of Vietnam (~2500 years). I could include a few more, but only counted the millenarian ones (or really close to that).

What do I want to prove? Not all the dynasties fall 'all the time'. In fact, they can reach hundreds or thousands of years with some effort and luck.
How much longer can the Angeloi last if God is on their side (and the human player, don't forget the true mastermind)? I would be disappointed if they last less than a millennium; as the "chosen by God" under "divine protection" it's the least that you should expect. After all, the change of dynasty would make the increasingly fanatical "policies" of the Angeloi unjustified that go against what the new testament actually says anyway and as a fraud if someone else actually manages to expel the Xenoi from Europe (task that they have failed to accomplish so far).

On a more mechanical note: While I don't have EUIV and don't intend to get it any time soon, AFAIK the cultural conversion in colonial territories is incredibly easy. Won't the AI simply convert most of Europe in Aztecs after a few years?.

From the cultural maps, I'd say that it will be quite easy ....

I was thinking of European dynasties, because not many stood the test of time. (I of course give credit to the Bagrationi's, I first learned of them when studying about Prince Pyotr Bagration, hero of the Napoleonic wars.)
Asian dynasties are really different than European, like in Japan, where the Emperor descends from the line of the Sun Goddess Amaterasu, and therefore cannot be replaced by any other family. But in Japan they had the Shoguns, who were kind of monarchs in their own right. (In fact one Chinese Emperor once sent a letter to the Shogun, addressing him as "King of Japan")
Finally the Vietnamese Hồng Bàng dynasty, most things we know about them are based on archaeological findings and legends, which may not be entirely true.

Don't forget that we do have the Capetians of France, who lasted for 800 years from Hugh Capet all the way up to the French Revolution in an almost-unbroken line (depending on whether you count Henry V and VI of England). The main line did die off a couple of times, but pretty much all of them were male-line descendants of ol' Hugh himself.

Don't forget that we do have the Capetians of France, who lasted for 800 years from Hugh Capet all the way up to the French Revolution in an almost-unbroken line (depending on whether you count Henry V and VI of England). The main line did die off a couple of times, but pretty much all of them were male-line descendants of ol' Hugh himself.

Rurikids with their run from 862 to 1610 aren't bad, bonus points for surviving Mongol invasion.