• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Carrying this insanity to HOI4... yes. I don't have any of the other games (still rather new to CK2), but this world must go on as long as possible. Right now, this is essentially the prequel to Warhammer 40K for me. Whether the madness can be beaten back by the Imperium in the coming years, I don't know, but it will be glorious.

Dude, when you finish this story, port it to EU4.

Also, when you finish it AND EU4, compile the entire story and its images into a book so that I can buy it hardcover and read it when offline. Also, give it to Paradox to make money off of the book.

This is the best AAR ever written.

Also, when you finish it AND EU4, compile the entire story and its images into a book so that I can buy it hardcover and read it when offline. Also, give it to Paradox to make money off of the book.

This is the best AAR ever written.

You should see his KSP AARs, they are masterworks of dialogue storytelling.

Hmmm... well, since they're so close to the Aztecs, it could be a good bonus, like:

"Bastion of Catholicism"

+1 legitimacy
+1 stability cost

"As one of the last nations to practise catholicism, our people are close knit and loyal to one another and the nation due to the dangers this brings."

EDIT: This might work best as a generic catholic NI.
Ahem, you mean +1 legitimacy, -10% stability cost I presume? :)
Carrying this insanity to HOI4... yes. I don't have any of the other games (still rather new to CK2), but this world must go on as long as possible. Right now, this is essentially the prequel to Warhammer 40K for me. Whether the madness can be beaten back by the Imperium in the coming years, I don't know, but it will be glorious.
Well, it is the end of the seventh millenium since the Creation of the World after all, so... Greekfire 7K? :p
I'll do my best to make this story going. Alas, converting to V2 or maybe even HOI depends on whether there will be working converters, not to mention compatibility of "Art of War" + patch with my exported save. We'll see about that.
RIP Catholics and Muslims
R indeed, IP not really - as heretics and heathens, they are destined to suffer eternal punishment in Hell, remember? And it's Emperor's duty to bring them to justice on this earth as well.

63adT6l.jpg

[size=+1]This is the best AAR ever written[/size].
Thank you very much for these kind words, I appreciate it :) I don't think I'll ever sell any AAR but if you are willing to support me with monies, I accept paypal ;)
You should see his KSP AARs, they are masterworks of dialogue storytelling.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

When I look at them now, they are't that good, especially the first ten chapters or so. I know it's good because it means I got better in writing but man, it's still kinda embarrassing to read what I wrote 1+ year ago. I hope that I'll have enough time to come back to KSP and make the final part of the GT trilogy at some point. But first I have to finish "This Is Madness" in CK2 and "Pro Fide".

Last edited:
Greekfire 7K sounds cool. Even if you can't carry the game past EU4, it will still be an amazing read. That said, I'm still hoping. Do you plan on posting more chapters on the Imperium's morals or how they view people, in the scenario the Imperium goes through a major change?

Do you plan on posting more chapters on the Imperium's morals or how they view people, in the scenario the Imperium goes through a major change?
Yes (in EU4).

Fantastic. It will be fun seeing how the Imperium evolves.

Oh yes...

Imperial_Palace_Terra2.jpg

;)

Sooooooo..... Sci Fi Hogwarts anyone? Well either that or I saw the wrong version of the "Wizard of Oz."

This is certainly not Kansas, Dorothy.

Haha, clearly I meant that the Scots are really true believers and thus clamour to be restored with the true church :laugh:.

But really, I meant -1 stability cost, indeed ;). Typing mistake, methinks.

Long live Scotland!

^ Holy cow that does and it could be neatly expanded to include that there was an anti emperor (HRE) and that the Aztecs were the means of strengthening the true Messianic emperor. The inquistors must be notified in a way to burn these possibities or else the emperor may become more burdened than he is now:D

Just fell on this on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_of_Pseudo-Methodius
Fits perfectly St Markos :p
^ Holy cow that does and it could be neatly expanded to include that there was an anti emperor (HRE) and that the Aztecs were the means of strengthening the true Messianic emperor. The inquistors must be notified in a way to burn these possibities or else the emperor may become more burdened than he is now:D
This is a fantastic source you've found!

(...)The text says the “sons of Ishmael”, that is Muslims, will emerge from the desert of Ethribus to inflict God’s punishment upon the Christians who “slipped into depravity”. (...) The manuscript also notes the rise of an Emperor-Saviour figure, something unique and new in Christian eschatology. This Roman emperor will save the Christian lands from “the sons of Ishmael”, place his crown upon the cross “for the sake of the common salvation of all” thereby saving Christendom as a whole. The work is notable for its vivid description and brutality. Descriptions of drinking the blood of cattle, stabbing pregnant women, and feeding babies to animals permeate throughout the author’s work. (...) Part of the Apocalypse’s influence is attributed to its ability to reflect the beliefs of Eastern Roman citizens; they are merely acting out foretold events, and mankind is bound with the fate of the empire and the capital.[19] This, again, helped to endear the piece to a widespread Byzantine audience.

It's amazing how well it fits into the story. Well, there goes what's left of me being original, since it seems "This Is Madness" was in fact conceived 1500 years ago by Pseudo-Methodius. Dammit, why everything has been written before? :)

This is a fantastic source you've found!

It's amazing how well it fits into the story. Well, there goes what's left of me being original, since it seems "This Is Madness" was in fact conceived 1500 years ago by Pseudo-Methodius. Dammit, why everything has been written before? :)

When I read that article, I said to myself " CzookletMuss must have taken inspiration of that for St Markos :D "
But well if you didn't read it it makes your story even more awesome

Dear CzokletMuss,

This AAR is very much like Qarth. The gothic almost 40k style is really awesome. Now, go home and get us the next chapter. St. Markos demands it!

Sincerely,

a fan.

PS- death to the xenoi!

CzokletMuss, I was afraid. Very afraid of what I was living, specially after reading this AAR. The year is 1256 of our lord, and Basilea Rhomaion is under the orders of the glorious Palailogos dynasty. I had luck and a lot of the lost territory has returned to roman hands...

But when the aztec menace arrived to european shores the foundations of Hagia Sophia trembled. This was the first time I faced the mighty power of the Sunset Invasion.

The controversial Basilissa Konstantia "the Wise" recieved news of an enormous army that enslaved and sacrificed her citizens, an army that wanted to conquer all southern hispania, a province that returned to the empire 57 years ago, an army that even all the tagmata united of the empire couldn't even reach half of their numbers. The explorers couldn't be wrong. The panic was tremendous, and the Basilissa, without hopes, didn't move a man for months. The Symbasileus, Protostratos and heir, Serapion, son of the Basilissa, faced her mother at the purple throne. The words of her son, full of anger, bravery and decision, forced the empress to rise the army. But even with every man in arms, the roman army consisted in only sixty thousand men. Thanks to the help of the religious orders and the permanent army, the roman numbers grew to eighty thousand. Nothing compared to the unknown invaders.

This is the territory that saw the development of a desperate war. The first battle ocurred when 1/3 of the total forces strengthened the defenses of Granada while the rest was still traveling. The enemy, now known as "Aztecs", centered their attention on the empire after they conquered Castille, leaving only a weakened independent Leon. But a miracle happened. When one of the armies attacked Granada, easily exceeding by three times the numbers of the defenders, the refoircements just arrived in Almeria, taking course to help their roman brothers. This was a dangerous move. With the refoircements, in the middle of battle, the imperium forces were just 2/3 of their enemies, fourty thousand. Soldiers say that, when the fire was spreading along the buildings in Granada, clouds appeared from nowhere and a divine rain started. The fire was off, and the roman people, assuring that this was the hand of god itself protecting and watching them, were determinated to defend the very last house in this imperial city.

Victory. Fifty thousand men, if we can call them men, were slaughtered by the imperial tagmata. A third of the man defending the city died that day, assuring their place next to Iesus Kristos. The pope, under the orders of Basilissa Konstantia, forgave all the sins of those men and hosted a ceremony to prey for their souls. However the war wasn't won, and the rightful people of rome were far from that. But this was a sign of hope. The situation was desperate yet, but the Protostratos had a plan.

Agents of the Symbasileus traveled to the long forgotten lands of Portugal. Their mission: Kill the Queen Leonor of Portugal.

Killing her, all the territories of Castille would be inherited by the king of Aragón. The strangers, moving their armies to confront the romans, couldn't do nothing when Leon took posesion of Castille. But it wouldn't last for too much if the empire was defeated.

Evading the main force of the "xenoi", the army used the navy to go to Tangier, main objective of the aztec invasion. The landscape was horrifying. The corpses of every citizen were hanging on the walls of the city. No one wanted to talk about what those monsters did to the children. Even the infidels were more humans. Knowing that they had little time, the forces of the imperium retook the ruined cities just in time for when the explorers came with awful news: The main force of these... savages were in the way to the strait of Gibraltar. This battle was going determinate the fate of the imperium. Surrounded by Mongols in the east, and now facing this new, massive and barely known menace in the west, the destiny of the christian europe was going to be decided by roman steel.

There was no miracle this time.

Only brave and fearless roman soldiers.

The amount of bodies was unimaginable. Sixty thousand men against hundred fifty thousand savages. Or two hundred thousand. The tagmatas couldn't difference the aztecs from demons. The confidence on their numbers was their doom. The strait was fortified, but they were many. Basilea Rhomaion lost thirty thousand lifes that day. Serapion was on the top of the highest tower in Tangiers, watching how the kataphraktoi chased the fleeing. Many reached the iberian coast, but only a few were capable to bring the new to the aztec lord.

From that day Tangiers would never be forgotten. The savages would be soon expeled from europe, but the atrocities they commited in such little time will remain for centuries, and the menace was going to be always latent. The empire was weak now, the Mongols were at its gates. But no one knew what could have happened if the romans had failed that day in Tangiers.

The Symbasileus was going down the stairs of the tower. He smiled. It was a good day to be roman.

Yep. I was afraid of having a Crumbling Europe for myself. Luckily the miracles happened. I want to thank you again, but this time because you made me imagine all these stories when I play CK2, making it a lot more fun.

This is a little gift for you, and excuse my errors. I told you before, I'm not a native english speaker, but I guess you will get the point. And I should have taken more screenshot, but I had this idea after that amazing victory at Tangiers. I hope you like it. I'm waiting for the next chapter!

PS: By the way, it was Ironman + PB & VIET events. Amazing game I'm playing right now. And yes, I'm catholic, but the pope is my b*tch, which is more fun than Orthodox Byzantine Empire, hahaha.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Oh mighty Emperor,

The Empire lays out very clear guidelines on the dealings with non-Christians, but I wonder if that leaves us a problem. You see it's the Jews. While they might be foolish, and borderline heretical for following the outdated words of our lord, their service is invaluable to the Imperium. So what do we do my liege?