• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nepos is alive in both 476 and 480, I only meant that if I made the wikipedia links for 476 it would mostly apply to all of the cahracters in 480 as well

I just meant to imply that its not like its a entirely new set of characters like 1066 and 867

So you're telling me you created a 480 start-date with Nepos still alive -.-? Besides his death, what other significant event happened in 480 to warrant that start-date?

So you're telling me you created a 480 start-date with Nepos still alive -.-? Besides his death, what other significant event happened in 480 to warrant that start-date?

1. There is only 1 Empire now
2. Odoacer conquers Dalmatia
3. Gundobad becomes King

Two 480-scenarios exist: one with Nepos and one without, I prefer the one without.

I just have the 2 so people can choose whatever one they like the best.

The question iś if the two 480 scenarios are necessary now that Julius Nepos is playable in 476 too.

The question iś if the two 480 scenarios are necessary now that Julius Nepos is playable in 476 too.

Yes because 476 is Romulus Augustus with the WRE ruling all of Italy. The 480 with Nepos allows you to play the WRE at the brink of destruction.

Yes because 476 is Romulus Augustus with the WRE ruling all of Italy. The 480 with Nepos allows you to play the WRE at the brink of destruction.

Ok, if you say so.

Dev Diary 2: Avars and Magyars and Tartars oh my!

Introduction:
Crucial to the proper enjoyment of a Migration Period Mod are migrations. In this mod, migrations are simulated with a special cassus belli. This enables a nation to move to a new land, abandoning old provinces.
SllyrqB.png

Questions/Concerns:

What happens to the event troops?
You retain them, and can use them to establish and defend youself in your new home.
5aJDMk2.png

What happens to the old provinces?
New rulers are generated based on the cultures and religions of each province.

Can this be abused?
The odds of you being able to use this to gain large amounts of soldiers are very slim, and it has been thoroughly tested for balance.
AT0yw08.png

What happens to vassals?
Vassals of different culture are granted independence. For example, say you are the Tribe of Antae. You have been recently conquered by the Avars. In the event that they move away, you will be granted independence, but the avar lords he appointed nearby will leave with him.
3LCuZZL.png

Who can migrate?
Currently, Slavic, Germanic, Iranian, and Tengriist pagans can migrate always. Celts, Finns, and Balts can migrate under certain circumstances. Xionites can migrate regardless of religion.
bj9bdzZ.png

What about Charlemagne?
With the introduction of the new tribal holding, we may modify the migration reqiurements around this new feature. Also, realms past a certain point of centralization cannot migrate.

Extroduction:
Next time, I will be pandering to the people and creating an entire dev diary centered around Crimean Goths and Hellenic Pagans, my ultimate weapon against Charlemagne!

Great summary, I might use it in the french forums. ;)

EDIT: you really should have a devdiary section in the OP with links to the old ones and a list of planned ones.

What are the conditions that will allow Celts, Balts and Finns to migrate?

Heresy! Heresy! I shall not have the disparagement of the emperor! Heresy!

Make yourself ready for the guillotine, uncooperative puppet emperor!

Make yourself ready for the guillotine, uncooperative emperor!

Do I see a coup in progress! You can't kill me! I have the most recent version of the mod, and you don't! I am too valuable to be killed Robespierre!

I, head of the Department of Uselessness, shall come to save you, my emperor!

Long Live Emperor Enlil, Immortal God of the Migrational Period!

Do I see a coup in progress! You can't kill me! I have the most recent version of the mod, and you don't! I am too valuable to be killed Robespierre!

The Ancient Versioning does anyway need to be eradicated and a new direct republican revoltionary mod system shall be introduced!And all of the ancient corrupt ministers shall either join the revolution or fall with you.

I, head of the Department of Uselessness, shall come to save you, my emperor!

Long Live Emperor Enlil, Immortal God of the Migrational Period!

Such is the model peasant Citizen Loup, you can learn much from Alxeu.

The Ancient Versioning does anyway need to be eradicated and a new direct republican revoltionary mod system shall be introduced!And all of the ancient corrupt ministers shall either join the revolution or fall with you.

Gasp! You are trying to rally the devs to grant an open beta to the unwashed, filthy masses! Those peasants cannot handle the responsibility of beta testing! We need Despotism! Imperialism! Reactionism! Jingoism! The Emperor is the supreme granter of salvation! You seek to spread to much salvation! What if the peasants realize that this mod will never be realized, and it is actually a massive conspiracy, in fact the greatest one ever in video game history! It is lucky the illiterate and plague ridden villagers cannot read this definitely private message to you, and in no way ever turn the people against me.

Gasp! You are trying to rally the devs to grant an open beta to the unwashed, filthy masses! Those peasants cannot handle the responsibility of beta testing! We need Despotism! Imperialism! Reactionism! Jingoism! The Emperor is the supreme granter of salvation! You seek to spread to much salvation! What if the peasants realize that this mod will never be realized, and it is actually a massive conspiracy, in fact the greatest one ever in video game history! It is lucky the illiterate and plague ridden villagers cannot read this definitely private message to you, and in no way ever turn the people against me.

Liberté, Egalité et Fraternité! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.