• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The map I mean. What did you use to fill up the map? You know how when you use a startdate or a map which doesn't have all the histories, you start off with a blank map with empty provinces. How did you fill it up?

The map I mean. What did you use to fill up the map? You know how when you use a startdate or a map which doesn't have all the histories, you start off with a blank map with empty provinces. How did you fill it up?

I loaded the vanilla game, and wrote down the names of the province that would be held by a kingdom. Then I made the Kingdoms and characters, and assigned them in the history folder.

Something's off with the religion symbols. The cross and the pagan triangle are to big.

This is a known issue.

EDIT:

Not sure what Enlil uses but for title/province history, I know there is JonStryker's scenario editor.

Dev Diary 1: Frankly I'm Tired of Franks

Salia:
The Salian Franks are Clovis' group, poised to take over everything, and one day give the world Napoleon, then Napoleon Dynamite. You have a good start here, with avenues into Soissons, Frisia, Britain, or even Ripuria. Be wary though, as your vassal, the High Chief of Camaracum is going to hurt your levies.

5gEGdsS.png

Later-Later Dates:
There is another death of Clovis, and death of Chlothar bookmarks in progress.
nms8q6z.png

Paris:
You are one of the weakest of the brothers, doomed to a childless death, and the loss of the kingdom.

Orleans:
Stable position, Orleans has the potential to go neat places.

Austrasia:
As Austrasia you have a great opportunity to expand Eastward, but you will have to contend with powerful, foreign cultured vassals.

Neustria:
You will unite everyone historically, but watch out for the last Roman power in France, Avernia. You may think the problem is finished when your son Chram takes
control of the area, but it is only the beginning.

1. Should Chararic and Ragnachar really be under Clovis at start? From what I can tell, Ragnachar was an independent king and his realm wasn´t annexed by Clovis until 509, when Ragnachar died. Same way with Chararic.

2. Where is Avernia? I can´t see it on the map.

1. Should Chararic and Ragnachar really be under Clovis at start? From what I can tell, Ragnachar was an independent king and his realm wasn´t annexed by Clovis until 509, when Ragnachar died. Same way with Chararic.

Yes, they should and that was already discussed earlier.

Actually, Something interesting that they are adding in the New Charlemagne DLC, there is going to be a distinction between Frankish and French, on is in the latin culture group, the other I believe is in the West Germanic Culture group (don't quote me on that).

Actually, Something interesting that they are adding in the New Charlemagne DLC, there is going to be a distinction between Frankish and French, on is in the latin culture group, the other I believe is in the West Germanic Culture group (don't quote me on that).

Yes, and that was already the case in this mod (or should had been for Frankish or French).

And just when I thought this was beginning to stagnate...

Two questions:

- Will you be putting in any way to represent barbarian kingdoms (Vandals, Visigoths etc.) accepting the ERE as their suzerain as they did historically - in most minds, the imperium associated with the WRE (or even the WRE itself) never disappeared, but was merely dissolved amongst the new barbarian kingdoms, many of whom recognised the ERE as their de jure overlords, whilst remaining de facto independence. Perhaps a tribute/truce system, or a way of being called into wars without being dynastically linked?

- Will Wikipedia links be included for historical characters?

- Will Wikipedia links be included for historical characters?

This easily done for one character, but a massive task for all of the ones added in 400 years of history. Not sure if this is being done for the moment, but it is really necessary? (otherways I could always add some links).

This easily done for one character, but a massive task for all of the ones added in 400 years of history. Not sure if this is being done for the moment, but it is really necessary? (otherways I could always add some links).

I always thought it was a really neat idea - I suppose it's not necessary for a first release, but would be nice to have in the end...

In 476 Nepos (and the idea of a Western Roman Empire) is still alive in Dalmatia--I consider that a pretty big difference.

Nepos is alive in both 476 and 480, I only meant that if I made the wikipedia links for 476 it would mostly apply to all of the cahracters in 480 as well

I just meant to imply that its not like its a entirely new set of characters like 1066 and 867

Status
Not open for further replies.