• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe. Or maybe I have a better idea - "This Is Madness" multiplayer anyone? :)

I'm not crazy about the multiplayer idea. Your creativity with the narrative is what I love most about this mad world.

I never played any Paradox game in multiplayer plus playing in world of "This Is Madness" before or in parallel to AAR would mean lots and lots of spoilers, so at earliest multiplayer could start when I reach 17th-18th century in game.

Today when I'm back I'll post first religious map (because no new chapter this weekend sadly).

EDIT:

Here it is folks, the religious map of 1264 (the first year of this AAR):

dzv5nDG.jpg

I'll post the religious map of 1444 sometime during the weekend. Oh and here's the final version of Angelid ideas:

Code:
roman_ideas = {
	start = {
		legitimacy = 2
		army_tradition = 1
	}

bonus = {
		may_explore = yes
	}

trigger = {
		OR = {
			tag = ROM
			tag = PQR
		}
	}
	free = yes

angeloi_protect = {
		stability_cost_modifier = -0.20
		heir_chance = 0.50
	}
	tagmata = {
		discipline = 0.075
		army_tradition_decay = -0.01
		global_regiment_cost = +0.1
	}
	saint_markos = {
		tolerance_heretic = -2
	 	tolerance_heathen = -2
		global_missionary_strength = 0.03
	}
	sacred_palace = {
		idea_cost = -0.10
		advisor_cost = -0.20
	}
	angelikon = {
		production_efficiency = 0.10
		global_tax_modifier = 0.10
	}
	foederati = {
		diplomatic_upkeep = 1
		merc_maintenance_modifier = -0.25
	}
	purge = {
		tolerance_heretic = -2
	 	tolerance_heathen = -2
		culture_conversion_cost = -0.50
	}

Last edited:
I'm rather surprised the Aztec faith hasn't spread, to be honest here. EDIT: Silly me, not reading the years correctly... Interesting to see the Finns and the Baltics were still holding to the old ways as well, though in the latter case it's apparent the Catholics were making some headway at one point.

Last edited:
Ah, the True Faith had spread so far in 1264, surely on its way to erase the 'catholic' heresy. It's nice to speculate what could have been. Of course, that one teensy province in northwestern Spain (and Iceland - I just spotted it for the first time), showing the Aztecs, gives a good preview of where and how things went so wrong...

the explorers (and perhaps colonists from expansion) would come in handy for acquiring east Africa's resources, especially with a land link to remove the distant overseas penalty. Knowing the nature of this AAR, though, the colonies would probably just end up being overrun by a massive Zulu empire...

Man, I can't wait to see how this AAR ends (at least its ck2 part). I don't comment too much, but I'm always checking your posts, so... congratulations for everything that I has happened since my last post, hahaha!

BTW, if you want to play a multiplayer game, well, say it! I always wanted to play with other people, but I have been unlucky all this time. I'm sure that a lot of us would want to! (the main problem here is the different time)

I love your maps. If you can post a lot of them, better!

Well, I don't have EUIV, but if you want a CK2 multiplayer, I'm in (if the time lets me, which means only weakends) :)
But please make the AAR singleplayer, both in EUIV and in V2 if it continues. Your story is amazing because you write it so well, so players playing as the Aztec blob will probably ruin it.

Europe in 1264:

dzv5nDG.jpg

Europe in 1444:

XW8NQUu.jpg

I bet you didn't quite expect THIS, now did you? ;)

Shia and Tengri colours together are rather satisfying for my eyes.
Anyways, Surprised to see the Romurva, West Africans and Sumoensko are still somewhat alive. Looking at the catholics, it seems like Brittany, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are still controled by Catholics.
Oh, and is there any hidden Slavic province?
Waiting for the independent states map, it will clear a few things, like if there are any independent Pagans and who controls the Canaries.
Btw, you thought about trying to get the Canaries before EUIV? It may help.

Shia is barely holding on. It appears the major three faiths in the known world are reformed xenoi, reformed Tengri, and the true faith. What religion do the xenoi across the great sea follow?

I'm rather surprised the Aztec faith hasn't spread, to be honest here. EDIT: Silly me, not reading the years correctly... Interesting to see the Finns and the Baltics were still holding to the old ways as well, though in the latter case it's apparent the Catholics were making some headway at one point.
Yes, pagans survived for a impressively long amount of time. But nothing could save them from xenoi and Mongols...
Ah, the True Faith had spread so far in 1264, surely on its way to erase the 'catholic' heresy. It's nice to speculate what could have been. Of course, that one teensy province in northwestern Spain (and Iceland - I just spotted it for the first time), showing the Aztecs, gives a good preview of where and how things went so wrong...
A man can dream. Saint Markos envisioned the whole continent united under his benevolent rule, all Christians working together. No more discord, no more conflict, no more heresies and suffering. This year was the high point of the True Faith - as you can see, there were good Christians in Scandinavia, British Isles, Russia and even on the steppes. But everything went south after the arrival of filthy xenoi...
the explorers (and perhaps colonists from expansion) would come in handy for acquiring east Africa's resources, especially with a land link to remove the distant overseas penalty. Knowing the nature of this AAR, though, the colonies would probably just end up being overrun by a massive Zulu empire...
Ha, that actually wouldn't be surprising at all - after facing the hordes from the West and the East it's only natural to expect the same horrors from the South.
Man, I can't wait to see how this AAR ends (at least its ck2 part). I don't comment too much, but I'm always checking your posts, so... congratulations for everything that I has happened since my last post, hahaha!
BTW, if you want to play a multiplayer game, well, say it! I always wanted to play with other people, but I have been unlucky all this time. I'm sure that a lot of us would want to! (the main problem here is the different time)
I love your maps. If you can post a lot of them, better!
Thank you very much :) The plan is as follows: next weekend two chapters (1440-1443 + last part of "The Chronicle") and week after that the grand finale.
I never played multi in any Paradox game to be honest but I'm curious how this would turn out. In few weeks I should be able to FINALLY switch to the last version of CK2 and play some Hindu, so maybe some CK2 multiplayer?
There will be at least one more and I can assure you that I'm intending to do some map magic in EU4 as well :)
Well, I don't have EUIV, but if you want a CK2 multiplayer, I'm in (if the time lets me, which means only weakends) :)
But please make the AAR singleplayer, both in EUIV and in V2 if it continues. Your story is amazing because you write it so well, so players playing as the Aztec blob will probably ruin it.
Yeah, you're probably right, this whole multiplayer in TIM idea was conceived on spur of the moment, it probably wouldn't work well. Anyways, thanks for kind words and hey, who's to said we won't organize some multiplayer after "Charlemagne"? :)
I see the pope has fled to Britain? Great map, love all the Tengri going on.
And good riddance I say! "All the Tengri" are rather disturbing IMHO, but to each his own :p
Shia and Tengri colours together are rather satisfying for my eyes.
Anyways, Surprised to see the Romurva, West Africans and Sumoensko are still somewhat alive. Looking at the catholics, it seems like Brittany, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are still controled by Catholics.
Oh, and is there any hidden Slavic province?
Waiting for the independent states map, it will clear a few things, like if there are any independent Pagans and who controls the Canaries.
Btw, you thought about trying to get the Canaries before EUIV? It may help.
They will be Animists in EU4 since they didn't reform, which means that with +2% local missionary strength for other religions they will be wiped out rather quickly.
This may be a little spoiler but... it's not Wales. It's kingdom of Leon ruled by House of Godwin :)
It will come out next weekend (?) after the relase of next two chapters.
I have no CB and they are controlled - obviously - by xenoi. Maybe in EU4!
1. Catholicism seems to be a very much Celtic entity now.
2. Glory to the Yazidi!
3. Even to the Prince of Heretics himself, the Reformed Aztecs are terrifying.
1. That's all that's left.
2. They are filthy heathens but they are really persistent, I'll give them that. To survive for 200 years being cut off from the world by xenoi and trapped in the mysterious jungles of Africa? The Yazidi are a tough bunch.
3. The whole world is suffering from this cancer.
What's that random Aztec province in Russia?
Hell if I know. What's left of Suomenusko kingdom (seriously, they hold 2 k_titles at one moment) was a bunch of small chiefdoms, most of which quickly converted to Aztec even if they weren't ruled by xenoi. Maybe that's some off-shot of this?
Shia is barely holding on. It appears the major three faiths in the known world are reformed xenoi, reformed Tengri, and the true faith. What religion do the xenoi across the great sea follow?
Nobody knows :) Shia would be wiped out by now, just like Sunni, if it wasn't for Timur the Terrible. But I'm not sure whether sons of Sword of Islam will be able to turn the tide. Check the religious map on EU4 wiki and see for yourself - Islam will probably face complete annihilation in EU4 and I'm more than eager to make sure that this will indeed happen.

These maps are pretty horrifying when you think about it - it's not like majority of Europe converted to Aztec or Tengri. The difference between 1264 and 1444 can be counted in millions of people wiped out to make place for worshippers of the dark gods. Imagine something like ISIS but with endless armies counting hundreds of thousands of warriors and decades to rule the ruins of Europe as they see fit. That's how xenoi and barbarians "converted" the Latins and eastern tribes.

In other news, I made some modding magic (it's easier than I thought!) and now converted Imperium has cool unit models from "Purple Pheonix" DLC and a proper ship model for imperial dromonoi:

lLmgGC1.jpg

I'm still busy so not much has been done but the plan is as follows:
- next weekend: chapter 36 (1440-1443), last part of "The Chronicle"
- weekend after that: the Grand Finale of CK2 part of this AAR
with new thread on EU4 subforum starting somewhere in between. I'm pretty excited about continuing this AAR in "Europa Universalis 4" - in CK2, I had 180 years and Europe as a setting to tell this story. Soon I'll have almost 400 years and the whole world as a scene! Could it get any better? Unless Paradox releases Victoria2->HOI4 converter, the answer is pretty obvious :)

Hmmm... well, since they're so close to the Aztecs, it could be a good bonus, like:

"Bastion of Catholicism"

+1 legitimacy
+1 stability cost

"As one of the last nations to practise catholicism, our people are close knit and loyal to one another and the nation due to the dangers this brings."

EDIT: This might work best as a generic catholic NI.